Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #1  
Blonde Angel

S/C/G: 185/185/135

Height: 5'4"

Default New from Washington - Looking for Friends

Hi!

This is the first time I have posted any public email. Very scary for a shy person like myself! I am in life transition now - dealing with a possible divorce, empty nest, and possibly/probably looking to further my education in order to support myself. (Present job is only supplemental to husbands' and provides health insurance to all members of my family). The stress of everything is killing me and I am crawling into my shell and stuffing myself with food to find any pleasure in my life and pushing down my pain. I desperately need some support and encouragement. I don't think I can lose the weight I need to lose in order to be healthy, feel as good as possible, and be the best prepared to make the right decisions for my future with out some weightlose buddies.

I would love to hear from you'all. I would love to have a walking buddy - am currently walking on the treadmill but not consistantly and have checked out the local YMCA (but must consider the cost).

Any thoughts and encouragement will be so welcome! Thanks, Blonde Angel
blondeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:14 AM   #2  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey, I'm from WA too. I'd love a walking buddy!! What part are you from??
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:46 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Blondeangel!

Life transitions are funny. They can either drive you to change in not so good ways (like the eating and withdrawing you're describing) or, if we make a real effort and fight through our discomfort, which is difficult, they can be the jumping off place for positive changes. The choice to take that route is hard...the journey, though, will be hard whether you decide to go to the positive or the negative side.

Luckily, here, you have TONS of people to support you on the positive journey, by age group, by plan...people who can remind you, when the stress gets to be too much, that what you're doing is absolutely worth it!

Stick around. Keep posting. Ask for support and, in my experience, the wonderful ladies of this site will provide it.

Can't wait to see you around soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:51 AM   #4  
linda

S/C/G: 238/231/138

Height: 5foot 1inch \and a quarter

hi blondeangel sorry to hear life sucks just now. remember what does not kill us makes us stronger. take a day at a time, a step at a time, and keep strong, good luck. linda
linda25590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

You will find lots of motivation and support here. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but just talking to someone (or typing) helps a lot.

Oh, and about the YMCA, I work at one where I live and you may want to check out the scholarship program if the cost is too much for you to handle. Since you are going through a divorce, you may not have to count your husband's income and you could pay a lot less. I would def. fill out an application.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #6  
Blonde Angel

Default Hi from Blonde Angel

Hey Shauna/sgregg!

Thanks so much for encouragement. To clarify my marriage situation - my husband and I are currently in marriage counselling once a week. My husband moved out about 5 mos ago and we don't really communicate with each other other than the counselling sessions. In the private time with my counsellor she indicated there doesn't seem to be any reason to stay in the marriage - so when I say "possible divorce" it's because I'm not there yet but I can't give up yet until every stone has been turned over. I came from a christian background but have not been regularly attending church. I have to cut thru my depression in the morning to get there.

When I went to the local YMCA I didn't know if I would end up being the only fat person there - found out I wasn't & those in my weight bracket were clearly there to exercise and I want to be right there with them! So, thanks for the heads up on scholarship program - and even though I am not divorced I am so financially strapped you just would not believe! (My husband's creditors have started to call me at work). Will check it out! Thanks! Marguerite/blondeangel
Old 01-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #7  
Blonde Angel

Default Hi mandalinn82

Hi mandalinn82!

I hope I'm using the reply system right! Thanks for the reply to my intro - Your site offers so much I don't even know where to start. YES, my life is hard right now and I am scared to death to start over alone. Afraid of the cruel words my husband has said and how he has poisoned my mindset. I have kept my silence and protected my husband for years so much so that blending into the background and shutting down has become the only way I felt I survived. But now I am at a point of absolute anger at what has happened to me and how I have allowed it to happen and I am not going to take it any more.

I want the healthy release of frustration & anger through exercise and I need encouragement to find the strength to get a better life. I know I can make the right choices day by day. Sometimes it's moment by moment.

Setting up my email, getting started on this site, going to the marriage counsellor, getting on the treadmill and walking (@ 4-6.0 incline @ 3.5 mi speed for one mile, sometimes 2 miles a day) and eating whole foods - vegetables , fruits, whole grains and mostly vegetarian is what I am choosing to doing. My main issue is sugar. It is my enemy. Working on how to fight the sugar fight and win. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

Blonde Angel
Old 01-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #8  
Blonde Angel

Default Hi Shopaholic1204

Hi Shopaholic/totally crazy!

I live in Marysville - North of Everett. Probably too far away to do the walking buddy but I still appreciate the invite. You said Silverdale for now? Are you moving? Anyway, I am getting my butt off this chair soon to exercise. I walk at least a mile a day on the treadmill but have been slacking lately. I work with a gal who parks her car/truck about 2 miles away from work so she is forced to walk (no matter the weather). Which means she walks 4 miles a day and she also does strength training in morning and on weekend. She was a fat kid and was up to about 240 lbs or more as an adult - been thru every known weight loss diet or method. She is very slim now and has kept it off by being a vegetarian and daily exercise. She is my inspiration!

Take care of yourself, remember you are worth it.

Blonde Angel
Old 01-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #9  
Blonde Angel

Default Hi Linda

Hi linda25590/Linda!

Wow! A reply from Scotland! This is fabulous! Yes, my life sucks right now. But, I am so in the mood to kick butt! Thank you sooo much for the encouragement. It is so needed and so appreciated, you just have no idea how much. How are things in Scotland?

Thanks!

Blonde Angel
Old 01-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #10  
Blonde Angel

I live in Marysville - North of Everett. Probably too far away to do the walking buddy but I still appreciate the invite. You said Silverdale for now? Are you moving? Anyway, I am getting my butt off this chair soon to exercise. I walk at least a mile a day on the treadmill but have been slacking lately. I work with a gal who parks her car/truck about 2 miles away from work so she is forced to walk (no matter the weather). Which means she walks 4 miles a day and she also does strength training in morning and on weekend. She was a fat kid and was up to about 240 lbs or more as an adult - been thru every known weight loss diet or method. She is very slim now and has kept it off by being a vegetarian and daily exercise. She is my inspiration!

Blonde Angel
Old 01-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #11  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeangel View Post

Blonde Angel
Ya, I'm in Silverdale. I actually live on Naval Base Bangor, I dunno if you heard of it. We're up for orders, so we're hoping to be stationed somewhere else. Dh & I started went to the gym today. He's trying to get back in shape, and I'm trying to lose weight, lol. So its nice having each other as motivation. We're going back again on monday after he gets off work.

Good luck with everything!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:18 AM   #12  
Blonde Angel

Default Hey Shopaholic1204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Ya, I'm in Silverdale. I actually live on Naval Base Bangor, I dunno if you heard of it. We're up for orders, so we're hoping to be stationed somewhere else. Dh & I started went to the gym today. He's trying to get back in shape, and I'm trying to lose weight, lol. So its nice having each other as motivation. We're going back again on monday after he gets off work.

Good luck with everything!!!!!!!!!
Hi,

You're lucky you have a partner to work out with. My son has a friend who has just joined the Navy and is training for the Navy Seals. He took ballet and tap classes as a kid and acting as a teenager. He is a great actor - I saw one of the plays he was in "Beauty & the Beast. (He's tall and very slim). I was just so amazed when he said he was training to be a Navy Seal! He's been training, bulking up his muscles and swimming under water with weights at the naval base swimming pool. Anyway, just goes to prove you can change the direction of your life and achieve new goals.

Keep up with the exercise and enjoy the endorphins as your reward that it gives you.

Blonde Angel
Old 01-13-2008, 04:28 AM   #13  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeangel View Post
Hi,

You're lucky you have a partner to work out with. My son has a friend who has just joined the Navy and is training for the Navy Seals. He took ballet and tap classes as a kid and acting as a teenager. He is a great actor - I saw one of the plays he was in "Beauty & the Beast. (He's tall and very slim). I was just so amazed when he said he was training to be a Navy Seal! He's been training, bulking up his muscles and swimming under water with weights at the naval base swimming pool. Anyway, just goes to prove you can change the direction of your life and achieve new goals.

Keep up with the exercise and enjoy the endorphins as your reward that it gives you.

Blonde Angel

Wow, he really must wanna be the best of the best!! Thats totally awesome!! My hubby wanted to be a Seal, but I think he rather be an EOD. Who knows what will happen. He's trying to train for that, so I hope he can get there, I would love for him to reenlist, lol. My friend's hubby has been training to be a Seal. They're just waiting to see if he's been accepted or not..So who knows. Its hard work!!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:05 AM   #14  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

^-^ I'm in Bellingham in Northern Washington along the puget sound. ^-^ Perhaps its the weather?
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #15  
sandy

S/C/G: 207/197/140

Height: 5'8"

Blonde Angel
For what its worth, I have been thru much of what you mentioned re: marriage/divorce. I promise you, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I was controlled, lost every ounce of self esteem, worked full time, while raising our ( more like my) three children. I too, packed on the pounds and am now in a better place and ABLE to put myself first. It IS tough, and if you ever want to email me directly to chat, I would love to offer a warm shoulder and an understanding ear.
It's letting go and it's really hard. But once you make a conscious decision to move forward, your life will change for the better. You dont deserve to feel like this. Keep on making yourself a priority- You are worth every minute.
Sandy

Last edited by skm0005; 01-13-2008 at 09:49 AM.
skm0005 is offline   Reply With Quote