Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/224/140

Height: 5'6"

Smile Introducing myself

Well, I need to drop about 100 lbs according to the doctor and I know that I need all the help I can get. Which is how I found this site!

My name is Melanie and I live in WA state. I love it here even though it rains all the time. I'm 27 and active in my church and I have a great job. I'm not quite sure what else to write. I love sports and play volleyball and softball.

I'm hoping to find ways to change my eating habits so I can be healthier. The genetic dice roll says that I have a good chance to get some nasty disease so I'm hoping by being proactive I can head that off.

So, here's me saying Hi! Talk to you all later.

wisdominolympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Melanie!

Losing weight can really help prevent a lot of diseases and tendencies toward disease. I have diabetes in my family, and that's a big motivator for me.

Good to see you here! Do you know what you'll be doing to lose weight, that is, what plan you would like to follow? There are folks here doing just about every plan you can name--check out Diet Central for some forums.

Cheers,
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:43 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Melanie -

Welcome! The Christian Encouragers are currently looking for new members, or just look around, choose a plan or method, and settle in! Look forward to hearing more from you soon as you get settled. Good for you for taking control of this issue for both your health and your happiness!

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/224/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will definately be looking around the site. I am trying to cut my portions down. I have this tendency to eat a lot in one sitting. So I try to have healthy snacks in the house and to plan my meals out better. I don't have a microwave which has cut down on salt laden prepared foods and the like. But I miss warming up leftovers in a snap.

I am getting geared up for city Volleyball. My church has a team. Then Softball starts after Easter. My goal is to be faster around the bases this year and to not have to stop at 1st. I belong to Bally's and I am trying to get motivated to start going again. I was sick all of Feb with a cold then I got hit with the flu.

Well, breaks over so back to work...
wisdominolympia is offline   Reply With Quote