Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #1  
NowTheWorld

S/C/G: 220/220/135

Height: 5'5

Default Im new and fragile

So I was at my boyfriends house yesturday afternoon when I noticed an Oprah magazine. I dont think I had ever read one before and I glanced at the cover where it said, "Blog it". I was curious, so I opened it up and I could not stop reading the article for a second till it was over. I was very intrigued. I could not believe that there was finally a website like this one. Somewhere I dont have to feel ashamed of myself because I know Im not the only one.

Ive been fighting with weight my entire life. Being the only heavier member of my family really made it hard growing up. From being teased to hating my self and to eating my misery away. I cant even count how many times of my life I said, okay lets go on a diet and get skinny!! YAY!!! No, it never has worked that way. I am now 20 years old and still have never experienced what it is like to love my body and the way I feel. I am now the largest I have ever been, at 220 lbs. Four years ago I never thought I was skinny, but seeing myself now compared to then, I cannot believe it, I was skinny.
I keep thinking to myself, every year that goes by Im going to get bigger and bigger and looking back at this day a year from now saying,"wow, I was skinny back then." I do not want to see that again.I want to see a definate change by saying, "wow, I was fat a year ago".
NowTheWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #2  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC!!! This website is the best! There is tons of support here and you are definitely not alone. I can totally relate about what you said about feeling so fat at one weight and then looking back at a higher weight and wishing you could be back there! It is so weird how our perceptions warp over time.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #3  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi and Welcome! I too know how you feel. I am the heaviest I have ever been and am now on a liquid diet that I think will help me. Nevertheless, I look back a pictures of me when I was in college when I weighed about 140 lbs and thought I was fat. I now look at those pictures and think I look TOO thin. I have a real distorted body perception. I wish I could say that I know how to fix that, but I don't. Keep posting on this website. I think you will get a lot of encouragement from people who completely understand where you are.

Lisa
LKBHouston is offline   Reply With Quote