3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Newcomers Start Here! IP Weekly Chat Thread started 11/13/16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/311462-newcomers-start-here-ip-weekly-chat-thread-started-11-13-16-a.html)

Lita2 01-04-2017 09:47 AM

Good weigh in

Good morning,
I originally introduced myself on the IP Through the Holidays Thread. Now that this thread has a little more activity, I will post my updates here. Things are going well so far. So far I am down 9 pounds in 2.5 weeks. That includes a 2 lb blip over Christmas where I allowed myself a couple of planned cheat days. I've been back to 100% on plan since 12/26 and do not plan on anymore deviations. I do have a cruise coming up mid-Feb, so I may phase down at that time. So far, I am enjoying this diet and look forward to sharing in our successes this year.

KaraNoCarbs 01-04-2017 09:50 AM

Hi all,

End of week 4 on the IP diet for me and my weight loss really slowed down since week 1. I lost 8.8lbs the first week (wow!) and since then just 5lbs TOTAL during the span of 3 weeks (meh). I just find the rapid slow down in weight loss kind of crazy a bit discouraging. I know I am delusional but secretly paranoid that my body refuses to weigh less than 200 lbs!!!

I don't really have any questions just venting a bit. I'm still overjoyed that I've consistently lost weight every week this past month but I don't think I'll fully be satisfied until I loose 2.5-3lbs a week. I also have a feeling I will be dissatisfied if I loose under 2lbs next week. $95/week for 1lbs is not my ideal weight loss plan. :(

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ez...lHN/weight.png

KaraNoCarbs 01-04-2017 03:30 PM

Mmmmm chocolate tea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy_weight (Post 5291908)
I have two suggestions that always work for me when I'm trying to shake off sweet cravings. First, I drink a LOT of water in the form of herbal tea. There are lots of fruit and chocolate flavored herbal teas that you can try - i brew them strong and find hot water helps diminish cravings. Second, I make my own refrigerator pickles using sliced radishes. This is maybe counter intuitive, but the sour/herby/garlicky flavor of radishes totally overwhelms my tastebuds.

I hope that helps, good luck! You can do it and each day is easier than the one before, especially with January right around the corner!

Thanks for the advice! What chocolate flavored herbal tea do you use in particular? I'm scared that I'll be tricked into buying one with sugar or the wrong ingredients if I'm not careful. :?:

Loser13 01-04-2017 07:01 PM

onehu...well how was your 1st day back on OP? Hope everything went great!

kara I have read multiple times...weight loss is NOT LINEAR...you will have little weeks and BIG weeks...but overall you will have great losses. The program does work...sooooo many people are proof of this...many use alternatives since they are 'cheaper' than the IP products and still have great results.

Lita2 Great job! 9 pounds in 2.5 weeks is super!

Have a great night ladies!

Brigitte

msbeafour 01-04-2017 10:19 PM

Hi all- starting back to P1 after an almost three year slide. Had great results before, love this plan and looking forward to feeling like my old self. Lost 67 lbs first go around and while I didn't gain it all back, I gained enough to make me feel like I'm back to my beginning. I gained it back because I didn't phase off, essentially went into cheat mode full time. No excuses; plain and simple.
My original coach welcomed me back and although I distinctly remember those hard weeks where I would be 100% OP and only lose .8lb, I'm motivated for the structure and the satisfaction that you can only get thru self discipline. These boards were a great source of motivation for me before - hope to contribute more and be a part of this great community! Let's do this!

caitlinag 01-05-2017 06:20 PM

Hello everyone!

I first did IP a year and a half ago, only lasted about 3 months before I gave up. My body is not the norm, even when it comes to IP norm, and though I was losing pounds, I was barely losing inches and the lack of physical results just really got me down. One of the hardest things with weight loss is not comparing your own results to other people, but it's SO hard when someone loses 5# and drops a whole size, when you've lost 20# and are still wearing the same clothes! So I gave up on IP and thought I needed to work on my food issues with an eating disorder clinic. Got set up with that and couldn't afford to keep it going for also what wasn't really helping. So now, after a year and a half of eating and gaining it all back (only lost about 32# to begin with, so gained all that back), I am back to IP finally with a better mindset. I KNOW how my body loses weight, and I'm very determined not to let the lack of inches lost result in me quitting the program. I know if I stick to it I will see the sizes change and physical changes which will help keep me motivated.

I started P1 on 12/30. I had been sick just before Christmas and I think the lack of food (bingeing) actually helped me get acclimated to the IP schedule faster than usual. I didn't have hardly any keto-flu symptoms other than a slight headache which was quickly knocked off with tylenol. Within 2/3 days I was already not obsessing/craving about foods I couldn't have and satisfied with my daily allotment. One thing I did do differently though, is I allowed myself a bit of extra fat this week, a small amount of butter and cheese, which didn't add to my carbs and helped keep me satiated. Do any of you guys allow some items like this still in your diet since it will not kick you out of ketosis?

I am doing this mostly with alternative items, but still buying my supplements and the occassional box of food from my clinic.

Anyway, Monday the 9th is my first official weigh-in, so I will have had 10 days on plan by then. Very excited to see my first "week" results!

coffeebean 01-05-2017 09:34 PM

Day 4 almost completed. I woke up with a headache today but I didn't get enough salt yesterday. IP is all about planning. You have to think about your meals ahead of time. If you are not prepared it's easy to go off plan.

Loser13 01-05-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caitlinag (Post 5293316)
Hello everyone!

I first did IP a year and a half ago, only lasted about 3 months before I gave up. My body is not the norm, even when it comes to IP norm, and though I was losing pounds, I was barely losing inches and the lack of physical results just really got me down. One of the hardest things with weight loss is not comparing your own results to other people, but it's SO hard when someone loses 5# and drops a whole size, when you've lost 20# and are still wearing the same clothes! So I gave up on IP and thought I needed to work on my food issues with an eating disorder clinic. Got set up with that and couldn't afford to keep it going for also what wasn't really helping. So now, after a year and a half of eating and gaining it all back (only lost about 32# to begin with, so gained all that back), I am back to IP finally with a better mindset. I KNOW how my body loses weight, and I'm very determined not to let the lack of inches lost result in me quitting the program. I know if I stick to it I will see the sizes change and physical changes which will help keep me motivated.

I started P1 on 12/30. I had been sick just before Christmas and I think the lack of food (bingeing) actually helped me get acclimated to the IP schedule faster than usual. I didn't have hardly any keto-flu symptoms other than a slight headache which was quickly knocked off with tylenol. Within 2/3 days I was already not obsessing/craving about foods I couldn't have and satisfied with my daily allotment. One thing I did do differently though, is I allowed myself a bit of extra fat this week, a small amount of butter and cheese, which didn't add to my carbs and helped keep me satiated. Do any of you guys allow some items like this still in your diet since it will not kick you out of ketosis?

I am doing this mostly with alternative items, but still buying my supplements and the occassional box of food from my clinic.

Anyway, Monday the 9th is my first official weigh-in, so I will have had 10 days on plan by then. Very excited to see my first "week" results!

Hey caitlinag...I know what you mean when you say that it is hard not to compare with others but it is the worst thing we can do. I am a teacher and I had a student who worked really hard to improve his math results...he finally got a result over 80% and was ecstatic...until he saw his friend's result which was higher that his...all of a sudden he was disappointed. I keep telling my students that we all learn differently, progress at different speeds and that we should not compare with others (let's face it...some students excel in math without much effort but others work so hard for that 70%). Well I believe it is the same with IP...it works...at different weight loss, the way we lose, where we lose...for some it seems to just melt off...for others it is really stubborn to leave us...

COMPAIRISON IS THE THIEF OF HAPPINESS!

Brigitte

LexiChanel1 01-06-2017 01:02 PM

I really love that advice Brigitte.

Wisdom.....

Thank you!

Loser13 01-06-2017 04:10 PM

Thanks Lexi..but I have to be honest...when it comes to myself...I am my worst critic. I really believe in what I wrote but I also know how hard it is not to compare in today's society and not only regarding weight but everything.

I had a really bad headache last night...tylenol took care of it. But boy was it hard to make it through the night...the little devil inside my head wanted some junk...I was tired...could not sleep so I got up to read...I hate when this happens...made it through this time. Still have a grumbling stomach this afternoon so chugging that water.

Later, Brigittte

caitlinag 01-06-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loser13 (Post 5293360)
Hey caitlinag...I know what you mean when you say that it is hard not to compare with others but it is the worst thing we can do. I am a teacher and I had a student who worked really hard to improve his math results...he finally got a result over 80% and was ecstatic...until he saw his friend's result which was higher that his...all of a sudden he was disappointed. I keep telling my students that we all learn differently, progress at different speeds and that we should not compare with others (let's face it...some students excel in math without much effort but others work so hard for that 70%). Well I believe it is the same with IP...it works...at different weight loss, the way we lose, where we lose...for some it seems to just melt off...for others it is really stubborn to leave us...

COMPAIRISON IS THE THIEF OF HAPPINESS!

Brigitte

So very true Brigitte. It's so hard, there are way too many ways to knock yourself down comparing yourself to other people. I think one of the reasons I ended up quitting IP the first time from lack of results wasn't helped at all by my coach telling me every week that she didn't understand where it was coming from and kept saying that everyone always loses in their belly. So it was very discouraging to have a 4 or 5# loss and then only a half inch lost or something like that. This time I know what it will be like, so I'm going to try really hard not to focus on either inches or pounds too much and just get through it because I know if I stick to it I will reach my goals!

:dust::dance:

Lita2 01-11-2017 10:05 AM

Weighed in at the clinic this morning and am down 3 pounds from last week.

KaraNoCarbs 01-11-2017 11:15 AM

Congrats Lita!

After a slow two weeks I lost 3.2lbs this week! My average is 3.26/lbs a week which I think is great! Thank you Brigette for the advice. I believe my monthly cycle and the holidays did have something to do with it so I'm glad they're over!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-pl...147/199.8/.png

Loser13 01-11-2017 12:42 PM

Way to go Lita and Kara! Great job ladies!

TurtleWordel 01-11-2017 11:36 PM

New comer 1/5/17

Hello all,

I brand new to IP but already losing interest and fast I've only been on it 1 week and not to be rude but before starting I was eating alot of junk food and loosing about a pound a week. But I just started IP I started at 171 and down to 166. Which is awesome but the food is just not what I'm use too. I feel like this maybe harder than what I expected. I miss alot of foods that I'm use too. Most of all I miss fruit. :?:

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ez...tEf/weight.png