3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Newcomers Start Here! IP Weekly Chat Thread started 11/13/16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/311462-newcomers-start-here-ip-weekly-chat-thread-started-11-13-16-a.html)

ComfyCritters 09-01-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solorider67 (Post 5328543)
Did anyone else experience back aches the first week? The area between my shoulder blades seems to be sore all the time. My lower back gets sore during the evenings. I am not doing anything different in my routine other than eating the protocol.

Tomorrow is my first weigh in. I am excited for it. I am curious as to how much I weight I lost beause a woman at work asked me if I had lost weight. Also I stopped by the clinic to pick up more food and my coach saw me and she made a comment about the weight coming off fast.

One thing that I was surprised about was how easy it was for me to give up my Diet Soda addiction. Seriously, I would easilly drink 4-5 20 oz bottles a day at work. When I have tried stopping the diet coke cold turkey within 2 days, I would get bad headaches and they would go away almost instantly when I gave in and had a soda.

I will post my week 1 weigh in results some time tomorrow. (right after my weigh in I baby sint my 11.5 months old grandson.

Congrats on quitting the diet sodas! Hope your first weigh in went great. I have gotten a mid-back ache a few times since starting IP 6 weeks ago, but really think it's just the way I've been sitting at work or at home but when I get up & move around it goes away. Be "religious" about taking the vitamins and supplements, and drinking lots of water, even more than 64 oz. as it helps flush away the toxins and hormones that were stored in the fat we are losing.
Stick with the plan and you'll do great! There are lots of resources in the forum with recipes and tips. There's also an accountability thread that was just started on 3fatchicks.com (not in the IP forum, just in the regular community forum) for daily weigh-ins for September.

ComfyCritters 09-01-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solorider67 (Post 5328543)
Did anyone else experience back aches the first week? The area between my shoulder blades seems to be sore all the time. My lower back gets sore during the evenings. I am not doing anything different in my routine other than eating the protocol.

Solo, here's a post from a doc on another site, about experiencing back pain when losing weight:
Please realize that when you lose weight, there will be structural changes that occur to the body that are often not noticed by the untrained eye. When a spinal column has adapted to a certain weight and structural position, it tends to be in a state of homeostasis and “comfortable”, for lack of better terminology. The loss of body weight creates a sudden change in structure, and subsequently homeostasis is gone. Often times the will be body alignment alterations, muscle position changes, and a widening of the IVF (inter-vertebral foramen.) The combination of these can cause swelling and a general irritation to spinal area, resulting in pain. The good news is that the body will once again adapt and the pain will go away. In my practice I see pain that will last a few days, a few weeks, or be intermittent for the duration of the progressive weight loss. It is important to work on conditioning the core muscles of the body to help minimize any negative side effects of weight loss. Again, just remember that it is temporary.