Old 01-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #46  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Sue - don't feel bad - I bumped back up 0.4 lbs per the scale this AM.

In my reverie of celebrating such unbelievable losses for week 1, I ate 2 free sugar cookies in the Harris Teeter grocery store yesterday and threw an extra packet into my eating despite a pretty sedentary day. That little change sobered me up - I am straight and narrow today.

Amazing how I so easily step off the tracks.... but that was just one step off the rails - no need to turn it into a detour.

We can do this!!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:07 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Loser - We would love to see you on MFP! It has been a real lifesaver in maintenance for me.

One - I was up 0.6 this morning myself this morning. Weekends can be tough with all the food in the house. My DH texted me at work today asking where his cashews were. I told him I had thrown them out (Lol!). Too much temptation! Nuts are my downfall, I swear!

Sue - Be kind to yourself. You've got a lot going on. We are here for you!

My goal is to walk everyday during lunch. I work literally across the street from a great trail around our town's lake. Hoping the walking will help expedite my losses.

Like Cheryl, I've had a great first week of losses of 9.6lbs. I keep thinking I may finish up P1 before the end of the month but have to remind myself of my out patient surgery. I won't be able to work out anyway so I should try to go as low as I can.

Have an appnt with an ortho to check out my hip tomorrow afternoon. Depending what he says, I may start scheduling appnts with some plastic surgeons to continue to research my skin options. I would also like to get some veins on my legs lasered. Has anyone had that done? I hate to sound so vain...guess I never put any effort into myself before. Now I want to do it all!
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:33 PM   #48  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Like Cheryl, I've had a great first week of losses of 9.6lbs. I keep thinking I may finish up P1 before the end of the month but have to remind myself of my out patient surgery. I won't be able to work out anyway so I should try to go as low as I can.

Have an appnt with an ortho to check out my hip tomorrow afternoon. Depending what he says, I may start scheduling appnts with some plastic surgeons to continue to research my skin options. I would also like to get some veins on my legs lasered. Has anyone had that done? I hate to sound so vain...guess I never put any effort into myself before. Now I want to do it all!
CenTxChk!!!! So glad to have you along revisiting P1 with those of us who are still stalking that goal weight -- Your posts are always among my faves!!!

I missed it - what outpatient surgery are you having?
what's with your hip?
I have not had the veins treated but I too am interested in what's involved, how expensive is it, was it painful, and is there downtime with recuperation and rehab? I hope someone out there can fill us in!!!
Old 01-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

One...

Amazing how I so easily step off the tracks.... but that was just one step off the rails - no need to turn it into a detour.

You are absolutely right...DO NOT let this be a detour...you know which road to take..look I'm right in front of you holding my hand out to make sure you follow the path!n
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:02 PM   #50  

Quote:
Loser - We would love to see you on MFP! It has been a real lifesaver in maintenance for me.
Thanks CenTXChk...I wanted to enter my stats today but did not do it. I really want to do this to keep track of my info and you can never get enough support during a weight loss journey.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #51  

CenTXCHk Forgot to say WOOHOO great weight loss!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:12 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
CenTxChk!!!! So glad to have you along revisiting P1 with those of us who are still stalking that goal weight -- Your posts are always among my faves!!!

I missed it - what outpatient surgery are you having?
what's with your hip?
I have not had the veins treated but I too am interested in what's involved, how expensive is it, was it painful, and is there downtime with recuperation and rehab? I hope someone out there can fill us in!!!
I am having a ganglion cyst remove off the back of my hand on the 21st. It benign but an unsightly fluid filled sac that has gotten bigger over the years. Apparently it requires the lightest general anesthesia and a day off of work to have it removed. Since I will be hitting my deductible for my hand, I am getting my hip checked out that has been bothering me for years. Now that I've ramped up my workouts, the pain has also increased. Assuming my hips are not in the best shape after lugging around 100 extra pounds on them for the last 20yrs...

Hoping I can find some relief and move on to more "fun" things like skin surgery.

Posted here a couple days ago but think I snuck it in. Missed you ladies and your positive influence. Nothing like being accountable to friends, right?
Old 01-12-2016, 04:17 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hiya loser13: Join us on MFP, it helps immensely with keeping on the straight & narrow. I know I'm in trouble when I ignore posting on it for a week or more... setting myself up for a slow creep up, lol.
CenTXChk good to see on the boards again.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:35 PM   #54  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hiya loser13: Join us on MFP, it helps immensely with keeping on the straight & narrow. I know I'm in trouble when I ignore posting on it for a week or more... setting myself up for a slow creep up, lol.
CenTXChk good to see on the boards again.

Liana
Liana - do I recall that you and others on the Maintainers thread actually copied your food diary page for the day and posted on that thread so you guys could share thoughts about your maintenance choices and also get ideas?

I'd like to be able to pick up my data from the diary but I have not gotten a nice listing like I recall that you had-- did you just highlight and copy and paste?

Quote:
Loser13: You are absolutely right...DO NOT let this be a detour...you know which road to take..look I'm right in front of you holding my hand out to make sure you follow the path!n
What a charming picture your comment brings to mind for me - I will try to retain that mind picture and bring it up when I am having angst over food choices!!! Thanks so much for the kind thoughts!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Oneuh2: Highlight, copy & paste, with a little tweaking for readability in 3FC. Probably best off of a desktop/laptop NOT via an MFP app.

Links:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-3-a.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-2-a.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ing-today.html

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:20 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning...

Cen -Good luck with the hip and the surgery...

Cheryl - Finally found the quest peanut butter at my Shoprite..It came in a huge container..LOL...Making muffins this morning.. Can't wait for that peanut butter flavor LOL.. I have been making muffins with a cheese cake powder I order on line..they are OK, but Peanut Butter is more my flavor.

Heading out to my IP clinic today to stock up. I have run out of non restricted foods... I hate shakes for my snack...like something crunchy!
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:57 AM   #57  

Quick update before I run off to work. Ortho diagnosised my hip as arthritis. What does that mean? I am missing cartilage in some areas. No more high impact sports (my days of dreaming to be a runner are done...boo). Running and kickboxing are what flared up my pain to begin with. He doesn't even recommend "walking for exercise." Meaning I can walk my dog or go for a walk but should not go on a 5 mile walk.

Cycling and swimming were his recommendations. Is elliptical considered low impact?

He said he would expect me to need a hip replacement at some point (many years) down the road. All depends how well I listen to his advice. I can still occasionally do the activities listed above but know that I will feel it later.

Kind of a bummer. Finally lose the weight and I still can't do the activities that I want. Been taking spin classes and my gym has a pool so maybe I'll try that.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies,

I've been away for a while, but working on my reboot. I did put my reboot on hold for my vacation and the holidays despite initial intentions not to.

I've been doing ok getting back on plan since I started back up, but know the wonderful extra support of this group will help.

I've missed you ladies!
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Quick update before I run off to work. Ortho diagnosised my hip as arthritis. What does that mean? I am missing cartilage in some areas. No more high impact sports (my days of dreaming to be a runner are done...boo). Running and kickboxing are what flared up my pain to begin with. He doesn't even recommend "walking for exercise." Meaning I can walk my dog or go for a walk but should not go on a 5 mile walk.

Cycling and swimming were his recommendations. Is elliptical considered low impact?

He said he would expect me to need a hip replacement at some point (many years) down the road. All depends how well I listen to his advice. I can still occasionally do the activities listed above but know that I will feel it later.

Kind of a bummer. Finally lose the weight and I still can't do the activities that I want. Been taking spin classes and my gym has a pool so maybe I'll try that.
I totally understand what you are saying as I am going thru the exact same thing. I have NO more cartilage in the socket on the right hip, and now its bone on bone and there is ripping and tearing, and bone spurs as well. All this to say, NOW I have my first appt with a SURGEON on the 10 March and I am so excited you can imagine! I want my life back, and until something l ike this happens, we don't realize how much we take 'walking' for granted right? not any other sports but NORMAL WALKING.
So to prepare for whatever surgery he will put me thru, this is another incentive for me to take off as much of the 24 lbs I have regained since 2012.
Into my third day OP now and not craving any sweet things

So glad to be back!
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:03 PM   #60  
oneuh2

How happy I am to see so many new postings in our old faithful 2014 Starters thread today!!!! For much of last year, we were the cool place to be, and I miss all that engagement we used to have going on...

Liana - thanks for the guidance on capturing the food diary from MFP!
and others here will benefit from the Maintainers links you posted

Sue - I am looking for a chance to get out to GNC for another flavor of Quest powder - I have Multi Purpose which I use together with IP packets for the flavor - Wildberry Yogurt packet, Vanilla Drink packet, and 2 scoops of the Multi purpose makes a great muffin!

I want to get the Chocolate and maybe the new Cookies and Cream... and I need Quest chips - I too crave crunch and I no longer have an IP clinic, so no more of the IP crisps for me... Frawniemae has another brand of crisps I may try - let ya know if I find them and like them.

CenTxCk -- so sorry to hear of your hip condition - I believe that elliptical is considered less stress on hips on knees, but if you can find a good place to go for it, water aerobics is a terrific low impact exercise. There in TX you have a long season for outdoor pools, and I like to be outdoors best for those classes. Miranda Esmonde-White's Classical Stretch can really benefit your joints-- she is on public TV here in the DC area at like 6AM daily. She also has a website I think, and you can get dvd's... she is out of Canada, and is in her 60's with the flexibility and body I'd have loved in my 40's... You are so resilient - there are lots of other ways to get a good workout than just running - don't let this push you down. Your little reboot weight loss is going fantastic, btw!

DD - SOOOO glad to see you back here posting - glad you have gotten back on the wagon since vacation hiatus -- I have missed you too!!! You were so encouraging to me as I floundered through the Fall months - I am happy to tell you I am 10 days in on my reboot and SOOO glad to be back on track.

YAY!!! Love our 2014 Starters gang, and always glad to see the true vet from 2013, Liana!!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-13-2016 at 04:04 PM.