3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekday Chat started 7/6/2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304994-ip-weekday-chat-started-7-6-2015-a.html)

nimmer1991 07-22-2015 04:06 PM

I'm getting married 9/26, most of the meal choices I have made for the reception are gluten-free, low carb etc, so it'll be nice to eat what everyone else is. However...the cake...I'm spending so much money on this cake, for my one day in the spotlight. I plan for that to be my special treat. No cheating between now and then, a slice of cake, then back to being good. I'm prepared for it to slow down my weightloss that week, but I can't not. Am I crazy?

Grateful4Health 07-22-2015 04:10 PM

Love the quotes Lisa and Beth thank you. Needed to read those this afternoon.

Briael 07-22-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimmer1991 (Post 5187228)
I'm getting married 9/26, most of the meal choices I have made for the reception are gluten-free, low carb etc, so it'll be nice to eat what everyone else is. However...the cake...I'm spending so much money on this cake, for my one day in the spotlight. I plan for that to be my special treat. No cheating between now and then, a slice of cake, then back to being good. I'm prepared for it to slow down my weightloss that week, but I can't not. Am I crazy?

A wedding day is a once in a lifetime deal for most of us. To deprive yourself for your one special day seems cruel. One day off diet won't kill you, but (take it from someone who found it incredibly hard to get back on after 3 weeks off, which became 2 months off) clamp down on it the very next day.

Do you have your dress yet, or are you waiting until closer to the day? :)

Briael 07-22-2015 05:16 PM

Regarding that earlier post about what losing 110lbs really looks like?

Not true. The loose skin location will depend on where you were storing fat previously. I have always been pearshaped, so all my loose skin (100lb lost) was on the butt and thighs - both inner and outer. No belly, so it was pretty much flat.

The other thing I wanted to share is that once carbs are introduced in a controlled manner, some of the gaunt looks, the flattened boobs and some of the loose skin appears to fill out and look less ..... like an empty skin suit. Not all of it, but some of it. Much will also depend on the elasticity in each person's skin, the hydration levels (drink your water!) and on the muscle definition beneath the loose skin.

Grateful4Health 07-22-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Nimmer I went on a special vacation during P1 and I asked my doctor/clinic/coach what the damage would be if I had a glass of wine or a special dessert. They told me they would far prefer a piece of cake to alcohol - they said the alcohol is a much harder sugar to metabolize and would be worse during P1. I ended up doing neither but I wasn't getting married:)

Nearly all of us here have gone off program in one way or another during P1 and were fine (you may gain a few water retention lbs the next day but if you stay on program they will come back off). I personally didn't do off program foods, largely because my particular body had other issues going on as well and I have to be more careful, but I did do extra packets whenever I needed to.

From what I have seen others share here, the problem happens when it is more than just one thing at one meal - if it turns into a day or two, your body won't react well because it will react to the sudden addition of extra food and extra insulin to produce. If you really want a break it's important to phase off properly before your wedding and then come back on. If you have a clinic or coach I would ask them to help you with this if you are considering it.

livinlrg 07-22-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Congratulations on your wedding! My opinion is that you phase off, enjoy your wedding and go back on after. If you over-do it, I wonder if you'll feel sick. That has kept me from straying. I've been on P1 just over 3months, and have never thought about the other phases as I still have a while to go. How long does it take to phase off?

Briael 07-22-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5183218)

Speaking of donating...what is the thought on T-shirts? I've collected a boat-load of specialty / band T's over the last 5 years - almost all men's cut XL - ie the shirt I am wearing today that fits like a sail now - and most of them are irreplaceable / one-of-a-kind / special release. I got smart and the last 3 things I bought are L (very small L's!) & M (larger M)...I seriously doubt I will get rid of them, but just curious what others would do :)

This is something that I was thinking about for all of hubby's favourite (but now fraying badly) shirts from his diving days.

I asked him if he wanted to scan the images in, tidy them up (ie recolour them brightly in their original hues) and then try and find a screen printing company that would print or transfer the scanned image onto a new t-shirt.

I don't see why it wouldn't work - if iron on transfers work, surely screen printing would be equally successful, if not better?

Frawniemae, I've just seen your new profile pic. Wow, my woman, you look amazing. Congrats on the 87lbs (no doubt more by now, knowing your dedication) and keep up the excellent work. Just had to comment as you look so different even from the holiday pictures! Way to go! :)

nimmer1991 07-23-2015 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livinlrg (Post 5187309)
Congratulations on your wedding! My opinion is that you phase off, enjoy your wedding and go back on after. If you over-do it, I wonder if you'll feel sick. That has kept me from straying. I've been on P1 just over 3months, and have never thought about the other phases as I still have a while to go. How long does it take to phase off?

Ooh good point. Feeling sick would not be fun on my wedding day. How long does it take to phase off?

Alchol is not an issue, my hubby can have my share.

I have my wedding outfit already. It's a medieval theme so everything has laces to fit to size thank goodness.

Thanks everybody!!! I'll definitely ask my coach!

JJTx 07-25-2015 05:36 PM

Just a note for those of you with HEB grocery stores - mine finally has WF coffee creamer!! And $1 off coupons! In my store the creamer was in the gluten free section with the other WF products.

Jonquil 07-26-2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5183218)
Speaking of donating...what is the thought on T-shirts? I've collected a boat-load of specialty / band T's over the last 5 years - almost all men's cut XL - ie the shirt I am wearing today that fits like a sail now - and most of them are irreplaceable / one-of-a-kind / special release. I got smart and the last 3 things I bought are L (very small L's!) & M (larger M)...I seriously doubt I will get rid of them, but just curious what others would do :)

I see that you've already gotten some good suggestions, but since I also have this problem (great problem to have, but still a problem), I'll toss in my .02.

I've only done one shirt so far because I'm horrible at crafty stuff and scared to attempt it at all, but I had a tee from a concert last summer that was already coming apart at the neck seam, so I broke out the scissors, enlarged the neck to make it off-the-shoulder, and voila, t-shirt dress/tunic-style shirt. Obviously it's still baggy, but it looks good with skinny jeans or leggings. I wear it with a tank top underneath because I like the way it looks with the tank straps showing, but it also looks good without.

You can make a bag out of an old tee without having to sew anything:
http://www.instructables.com/id/No-S...-T-Shirt-Tote/

The bag's next on my list to try. Maybe after that I'll go retro-style and cut out the "picture" part of a tee and glue it to the back panel of a jean jacket. Yes, I'd have to glue it because I can't sew. I'd also have to find a jean jacket, but I'm sure they're still available somewhere. Then I'll just need to find some neon spandex leggings and tease my hair up to the ceiling, and I'll be ready for an 80's costume party. :)

HereIStand 07-27-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5187165)
This topic came up on another thread

Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: I should be able to eat whatever I want when I'm on vacation.

Response: If my goal is to gain lots of weight while on vacation, then that's absolutely what I can do. If, however, my goal is to lose weight, or at least maintain my weight, then vacations can be a break from work and from daily life, but not from healthy eating.

THIS. And it's not just for vacations. While doing Phase I, I'm trying to retrain my thinking that I'm dieting to lose weight so I can go back to eating unhealthy foods. I really have to commit to making smart choices and eating well the rest of my life.

Lizn2000 07-27-2015 01:04 PM

HereIStand - YES! I keep thinking about my first meal off IP (which probably isn't until November) and I've finally wrapped my head around the idea that it shouldn't be "champagne in the shower before going out for a night with the girls".
I keep making the champagne/shower joke with my friends and it was super appealing initially but now it will most likely be a cup of my favorite tea. Ha!

jemma51 07-27-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimmer1991 (Post 5187333)
Ooh good point. Feeling sick would not be fun on my wedding day. How long does it take to phase off?

Alchol is not an issue, my hubby can have my share.

I have my wedding outfit already. It's a medieval theme so everything has laces to fit to size thank goodness.

Thanks everybody!!! I'll definitely ask my coach!

I would just have the cake. If you are dedicated to staying on plan after that day it may slow thing up for the week but you'll go right back to losing. A couple of days of no lose is well worth enjoying you wedding cake.