3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekday Chat started 7/6/2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304994-ip-weekday-chat-started-7-6-2015-a.html)

Hosegirl 07-13-2015 11:39 AM

Was on vacation in Myrtle Beach with our kids and grand kids. My daughter and daugther in law comment that they noticed I was losing weight. They were shocked at how small the protein shake was. But more shocked that I did not have a peanut butter milk shake every night like they did. That I did not crave sweets. Away on vacation for 18 days I managed to lose 2.5 lbs and 2.5 inches. I was happy with that!

hysteria_625 07-13-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hosegirl (Post 5184210)
Was on vacation in Myrtle Beach with our kids and grand kids. My daughter and daugther in law comment that they noticed I was losing weight. They were shocked at how small the protein shake was. But more shocked that I did not have a peanut butter milk shake every night like they did. That I did not crave sweets. Away on vacation for 18 days I managed to lose 2.5 lbs and 2.5 inches. I was happy with that!

Congrats on the vacation loss! You are an inspiration - we leave for MB the end of August and know we will being going to "Kirks" Ice Cream Parlor - and the resort we stay at has an amazing frozen yogurt store across the street. Hoping I can remain strong!

Lizn2000 07-13-2015 11:50 AM

Good morning everyone! Hope your weekends went well! I stayed on track. Even managed to keep my water consumption on schedule (miracles can happen). Hoping that it pays off at my WI this week.

We also got a new scale that measures fat, water, etc. Not sure that I'm going to use all of those features right now. I'm just enjoying the sleek design. Our old one was a total eyesore.

nimmer - I am definitely going to try reverse searing this week. I just emailed my husband about it and he is super excited to try it out as well!

JJTx 07-13-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nat1015 (Post 5183950)
Hi everyone! I'm back. I don't know if you guys remember me (its been awhile :/) but I was a June 2014 starter. I was doing so well until right after the holidays. Working two jobs + Too much excess unhealthy food and too much liquid spirit got me back into my bad eating habits. I stopped planning ahead and started eating whatever was convenient.

I've gained 20 pounds since January and my pants are tight. I'm not buying a bigger size so it motivated me to start back up on IP and a healthy lifestyle.

FWIW, I remember saying last year that I got rid of all of my bigger pants as soon as I outgrew them so that I wouldn't be tempted to slide back up in sizes if I started gaining weight. IT worked! I'm pretty sure if I had pants that I could fit into right now without them being tight, I wouldn't be back here and starting again.

I will fix my stats in a little bit. But for now, I wanted to say "Hi again". I hope everyone is doing well!

Welcome back Nat!!!! :hug: Great to "see" you.

I just got rid of the last set of pants and some tops that were way too big. I packed away a couple of large long-sleeve shirts for the winter, and my Easter dress (which is already a little too big).

nimmer1991 07-13-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizn2000 (Post 5184222)
Good morning everyone! Hope your weekends went well! I stayed on track. Even managed to keep my water consumption on schedule (miracles can happen). Hoping that it pays off at my WI this week.

We also got a new scale that measures fat, water, etc. Not sure that I'm going to use all of those features right now. I'm just enjoying the sleek design. Our old one was a total eyesore.

nimmer - I am definitely going to try reverse searing this week. I just emailed my husband about it and he is super excited to try it out as well!

Let me know how it turns out! My hubby and I love it. I recommend going to Freddie's and getting the Center Cut at least 1inch thick.
I've also done it with flat iron and flank. All super good.

It takes a little longer, but well worth it.

My hubby LOVE's it.

I'm here for troubleshooting :)

FunkyMonkey 07-13-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hosegirl (Post 5184210)

Awesome vacation loss, Hosegirl! I leave for vacation Friday and you will be my inspiration. :) We have very similar start and current weights, although my goal is a bit higher than yours (I am 5'05", so set it a little higher, but we'll see once I get there). I hope you had a great vacation and congratulations on staying strong!!

Sgrealtor1 07-14-2015 06:37 AM

As I lost weight on this journey it was a great motivator to have only things that fit in my closet....going from a 22/24 to a now 12/14....my closet has had a massive transformation. I have ditched every size I grew out off never to go back there. Mom got all the 18/20's and all the rest have found themselves at the donation place. I have for the first time in my life a closet full of cloths that fit.

Yeah for vacation losses...I did 10 days in Disney last year with the whole family and lost 2.5 pounds...It can be done.....

hysteria_625 07-14-2015 11:33 AM

Apologizes if this has been posted before but I hadn't seen / read it and can relate:
http://www.refinery29.com/elna-baker...n#.ni6n8l:M7kJ
"What Losing 110 Pounds Really Looks Like"

This really resonated with me - at goal, I will have lost 90 pounds and even now, 30#'s from goal, I am noticing a LOT of loose / hanging skin

hysteria_625 07-15-2015 09:03 AM

A big thanks to everyone for the suggestions - it's funny b/c on Saturday our friend who came with us to the festival had just "fixed" one of her favorite shirts to fit better (freebie...she's 5'8 & 140 #'s & was given a men's XL) - anyway, she cut the sides into strips and then tied them...hard to explain but it looks AWESOME. We talked about it and once I get to goal, she's going to help me do this with one of my favorite T's.
I love the quilt idea too!

So I am not trying to jinx myself, but guess who's going shopping for an interview outfit (including shoes!) on Saturday :D Got the call yesterday...need to find an outfit, get my hair touched up, and most likely get my nails done (habitual nail biter & they look awful :( )

Still walking and it's paying off - DD18 had joined me & we did 3 miles yesterday. The scale is finally moving again too :)

Lizn2000 07-15-2015 03:25 PM

Just thought everyone would like to know that Janeva is posting doughnut recipes on her facebook page today! The facebook group is called "Janeva's Ideal Recipes Cookbook - Phase 1" for those who aren't already members.

(I can't be the only one out here in internet land jumping up and down over this right? Ha!)

Also, WI today went well. Down 2.6 lbs. Yahoo!

lisa32989 07-21-2015 10:22 AM

July 21, 2015 - Tuesday Reality Check

Which do you want more - the food you'll crave for 5 minutes or the body/health you've craved for your whole life?

hysteria_625 07-21-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizn2000 (Post 5185009)
Just thought everyone would like to know that Janeva is posting doughnut recipes on her facebook page today! The facebook group is called "Janeva's Ideal Recipes Cookbook - Phase 1" for those who aren't already members.

(I can't be the only one out here in internet land jumping up and down over this right? Ha!)

Also, WI today went well. Down 2.6 lbs. Yahoo!

Fantastic :broc:!!!!

Janeva has some fabulous recipes! The rhubarb crisp / compote I make is hers...and I've gotten some great suggestions for making some of my go-to's better (ie, protein pancakes)

lisa32989 07-22-2015 01:15 PM

This topic came up on another thread

Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: I should be able to eat whatever I want when I'm on vacation.

Response: If my goal is to gain lots of weight while on vacation, then that's absolutely what I can do. If, however, my goal is to lose weight, or at least maintain my weight, then vacations can be a break from work and from daily life, but not from healthy eating.

Lizn2000 07-22-2015 02:57 PM

Lisa - This motivational thought could not have come at a better time! Lost a lb at my weigh in today (darn TOM) and a hectic schedule has me making less inspired food choices the past few days. I'm not cheating, I'm just being "boring" for the sake of convenience. We're travelling to Philly for the Gold Cup final on Sunday and I found myself saying "Oh you'll be able to find something on the road, don't worry about packing extra." No! Bad thoughts! Be gone!
;)

hysteria_625 07-22-2015 03:14 PM

In that same vein Liz:

"If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail"

Stark reality.

I feel you though - tonight is a good example. I can eat whatever, whenever but have a family to cook for too and they get bored very easily. So we had chicken Monday and turkey Tuesday...so tonight - ugh! And I need to work b/c I took a day off - shouldn't have but was necessary. Ahhhhhh lol