3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekday Chat started 7/6/2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304994-ip-weekday-chat-started-7-6-2015-a.html)

lisa32989 07-06-2015 09:01 AM

IP Weekday Chat started 7/6/2015

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.

frawniemae 07-06-2015 09:40 AM

G' Morning Ipeeps! I hope this Monday finds you well and OP! If you have an HEB grocery store near you, check their coupons. The one near me has store coupons for $1 off Walden Farms products; no limit as far as I can tell. Guess where I'm going this morning! ;) Going to stock up on my favorites, and maybe try something new, depending on what's available. My new favorite snack is raw jicama sticks dipped in WF caramel dip. Tried making my own "tortillas" using my meat slicer and it did pretty well, but a few came out too thick before I found that "happy spot" so I decided to try them with the dip. Good stuff, Maynard!

Have a great week!

jlnelson 07-06-2015 10:12 AM

Good morning! I just received this email from Nashua Nutrition:
All Proti-Thin Brand Products On Sale This Week!
Don't forget to enter code PT10 at checkout.
**We Can Not Honor Sale Price For Orders Placed Prior To Sale*
Valid through July 12.

Lizn2000 07-06-2015 10:45 AM

Good morning and happy Monday everyone!
Celebrated my 33rd birthday on Friday and coasted through the weekend. Tried several new recipes (Holy cow Janeva's Strawberry Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Muffins and the Mint Chocolate Lava Loaf, my birthday "cake", are DELICIOUS!). Also tried on every pair of pants I own and have a shopping bag to take to the donation bin around the corner. Hoping for a solid 2 lb loss this week since last week was a mere 1 lb and the week prior was 1.8 lbs. Feeling kind of "ho hum" these past few weeks. I think a nice loss would be the lightning bolt I need.

hysteria_625 07-06-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlnelson (Post 5181630)
Good morning! I just received this email from Nashua Nutrition:
All Proti-Thin Brand Products On Sale This Week!
Don't forget to enter code PT10 at checkout.
**We Can Not Honor Sale Price For Orders Placed Prior To Sale*
Valid through July 12.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! Need to stock up with vacation being 6 weeks away!!

Happy Monday everyone :devil: lol

The scale inched up a couple #'s this morning. Pretty sure it is fluid retention from lack of sleep and heat, so I am upping the water and plan to get my walks I this week.
Wish the work-blahs would go away. Most of what's going on is out of my hands but there are things I need to do and I am procrastinating 😕 had put an application in back at the beginning of May and just now received information that I am still a candidate- keep your fingers crossed for me iPeeps :D

Grateful4Health 07-06-2015 12:01 PM

Fingers crossed for you Beth.

littlelulu1212 07-06-2015 01:31 PM

happy Monday IP family.

ugh. these past several days have been a HUGE struggle for me. and I was only on IP for 4 weeks! Did great the 1st 3 weeks, with 2-3 lbs lost a week. then my period hit and the 4th week I only lost 0.6. I then went into a huge negative hole convincing myself that it wasn't because of my period that I didn't lose the weight, and that I am bound to always struggle with dieting and my weight. I got super sad and stressed out about it. my coaches kept encouraging me to keep at it and remember that logically it is VERY possible that the small weight loss/stall is due to my period. but did I listen? nope. then it came to the 4th of July and my mindset was "screw it" and went all out that day. not gonna lie, but it was really fun and I loved being able to socialize without having to worry about every single thing I put into my mouth. Thought I could handle the one cheat day and get back on track the very next day. annnnd that didn't work out either. now it's the 3rd day and im STILL cheating. omg. need to get it together!!! I'm so ashamed, I'm so disappointed in myself, and I'm horrified that all my hard work and money has gone to waste.

GreenWithEnnui 07-06-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizn2000 (Post 5181641)
Good morning and happy Monday everyone!
Celebrated my 33rd birthday on Friday and coasted through the weekend. Tried several new recipes (Holy cow Janeva's Strawberry Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Muffins and the Mint Chocolate Lava Loaf, my birthday "cake", are DELICIOUS!). Also tried on every pair of pants I own and have a shopping bag to take to the donation bin around the corner. Hoping for a solid 2 lb loss this week since last week was a mere 1 lb and the week prior was 1.8 lbs. Feeling kind of "ho hum" these past few weeks. I think a nice loss would be the lightning bolt I need.

I tried searching for those recipes but came up short... willing to share? It sounds amazing! One month left to go OP (I'm done August 5 no matter where I fall, original goal was lose 100lbs, at -85.5lbs as of 7/1 but 8 months of plan is my mental limit, I think!) and I'm feeling so bored, so routine I need a "treat" to keep me sane! Something other than a different Torani in my shake, ha. ;)

Eta: And happy birthday!

Lizn2000 07-06-2015 04:04 PM

No problem GreenWithEnnui! And your stats are killer! Great work!!!

I found them on her facebook page "Janeva's Ideal Recipes Cookbook". I'll post the second one in another post so I don't annoy everyone... Ha!

Strawberry Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Muffins
This is a no fail recipe for light but moist muffins with a strawberry cream cheese flavor
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff

Ingredients:
1 IP vanilla pudding mix
1 IP chocolate chip pancake mix
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Splenda
1/3 C. liquid egg whites (I use Better ‘n Eggs brand, muffins will be more moist)
2 tsp. sugar free cream cheese extract (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract + 1 tsp. olive oil)
3 T. Walden Farms Strawberry Syrup

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the pudding mix, pancake mix, baking powder and Splenda. Mix well to distribute baking powder throughout.
3. Add liquid ingredients. Stir to mix.
4. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray, spoon batter into muffin tin making 12 muffins.
5. Bake approximately 10 minutes. Oven temps vary, check muffins at 8 minutes. If they start to lightly brown on the top they’re definitely done.

TIP: If you use the regular sized muffin tin you will have to increase the baking time. Check muffins by sticking a toothpick into the center of a muffin and if it comes out clean w/no batter on it, muffins are done. I use the Better ‘n Egg brand liquid egg whites because they make the batter more moist, it’s gold in color but still just egg whites and doesn’t include the yolk. I purchased the sugar free cream cheese extract from www.olivenation.com

Servings: This recipe makes 2 IP unrestricted servings – 1 IP unrestricted serving = 6 mini muffins or 3 regular sized muffins.

For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook coming spring 2015. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.

Lizn2000 07-06-2015 04:05 PM

2nd Recipe Mentioned Above...

CHOCOLATE MINT LAVA LOAF
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff

1 IP Dark Chocolate Pudding Mix (dry)
1 IP Crispy Cereal mix (crushed)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 packet Stevia
1/3 C. liquid egg whites
1 T. skim milk
2 tsp. olive oil
1 T. WF Chocolate Syrup
2 T. IP Vanilla premade drink
1 IP Chocolate mint bar (cubed)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix the pudding, cereal, baking powder and Stevia. Add the egg whites, skim milk, olive oil, chocolate syrup and Vanilla premade; stir to incorporate.
3. Fold cubed chocolate mint bar into batter.
4. Spray mini loaf pan with cooking spray and add batter. Lightly pat down to even out.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean

TIP: When you insert the toothpick you may see the melted chocolate bar on the toothpick – not to be confused with whether the remaining batter is baked through. Over baking makes these IP baked goods a little tough but under baking will cause deflating after it’s out of the oven. Eat up ~ janeva

Servings – 2 IP unrestricted and 1 IP restricted. This can be tricky to figure out in your day so I eat ˝ the loaf and that is 1 IP unrestricted and ˝ IP restricted. That leaves me 1 IP unrestricted and ˝ restricted packets for the rest of the day. I eat the other half of the loaf the next day – micro the bread for a few seconds to reheat and perk up.

For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 at Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com for the cookbook coming spring 2015. A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day.

frawniemae 07-06-2015 07:21 PM

Lizn2000 don't you just love her recipes? I've ordered her cookbook. And she is already posting more new ones that will included in her newletter. If any of you are on FB, and are interested, check out the "Ideal Protein Phase 1 Support Group" and find the link to Janeva's stuff. You will not be sorry.

ali31 07-06-2015 08:02 PM

OMG the Chocolate Mint Lava Loaf sounds amazing! I will def have to try that this week.
Hope everyone is having a great Monday. Its my TOM and I am feeling soo fatigued. I would love nothing more then a nap but am stuck at work until midnight :( ive been thinking of chocolate all day, im going to keep on checking this forum to keep me from caving :)

One day at a time, one healthy choice at a time!

livinlrg 07-06-2015 08:16 PM

Littlelulu: Don't beat yourself up. This is my classic downfall. I do really well and then I fall off the wagon. Then instead of getting up and brushing myself off, I roll around and the wagon drives over me a couple of times. IP works. These threads prove it, which is why they're a lifeline for me. No one in maintainers row says it's easy but they stuck to it and so can we. Get back on the wagon and brace yourself that the next week will be really hard. We're all here for you so don't quit.
I'm in my 12 week now. As of my last WI, I'm down a total of 36 lbs. I do lose less when it's my TOM, but the next week will drop. I'm ecstatic with the results so far.
I'm up at my cottage enjoying a 2nd week of vacation. I host a lot of people but now I'm not stressed whether there's enough food for me. Usually I'm so busy that I sometimes miss out on the sweets and the snacks. Now I don't care. I eat my IP meals at regular times and have no problem cooking and baking for everyone else. The best part is I no longer want to go bed right after dinner because I ate too much. I stay up and play cards and feel great. I'm sitting on my dock with a coffee with my two lab pups watching my hubby and kids in the boat tubing. I'm starting to enjoy life and stopped worrying about what I'm going to eat next. This is a great change for me. I still have about 50 lbs to lose but I don't care how long it will take. I'm going to get there.

hysteria_625 07-06-2015 09:38 PM

lrg- that sounds like a great vacation! Enjoy all the benefits :D

Agreed - Janeva is AWESOME! I am a simple recipe kind of cook, and she has a great mix for iPeeps - including us alt-product users. That was where I found the rhubarb compote :D I follow her facebook page also.

lulu - dust off and get back on the horse! PMS is the :devil: Right now, it's literally one bite at a time. Remember how good you felt while you were losing - how much better your clothes were fitting, and all the positives! I would also think for now, when you want *insert non-IP food here*, have easy snacks on hand - celery sticks are a personal fave & "free"...another thought would be hard boiled eggs, just toss the yolk or make a quick egg white omelet - something to get you through the hungries and back into ketosis.

SusanneXo90 07-06-2015 09:55 PM

Hey everyone.

I have done IP before and after having kids I have started again 8 days ago.

I was wondering if any of you have any tips on accelerating the weight loss process? I know it sounds silly, but for some reason my scale hasn't budged in 3 days; in fact, I even have gained 2 pounds...and I have been on plan 100%. Weighing and measuring everything, getting in more than 12 glasses of water a day, etc... I have even cut out the restricted.

I have a vacation at the end of August and I want to lose about 25-30 pounds before then. My friend is on IP - weighed about 190 - and has lost 50 pounds in only 2 months.. Any tips on how I could increase my results like hers?

Thanks everyone. I am just feeling really disappointed and discouraged right now :(