3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekday Chat started 7/6/2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304994-ip-weekday-chat-started-7-6-2015-a.html)

marcibeaucoup 07-10-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5183218)
TGIF everyone [snip]

Speaking of donating...what is the thought on T-shirts? I've collected a boat-load of specialty / band T's over the last 5 years - almost all men's cut XL - ie the shirt I am wearing today that fits like a sail now - and most of them are irreplaceable / one-of-a-kind / special release. I got smart and the last 3 things I bought are L (very small L's!) & M (larger M)...I seriously doubt I will get rid of them, but just curious what others would do :)

I know nothing about this company but a friend of mine (who is very sew-capable) made her own -- I thought this might be an option for those memorable shirts you'd like to keep but not necessarily wear. :)

http://www.campusquilt.com/

blueskiesahead 07-10-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5183218)
Speaking of donating...what is the thought on T-shirts? I've collected a boat-load of specialty / band T's over the last 5 years - almost all men's cut XL - ie the shirt I am wearing today that fits like a sail now - and most of them are irreplaceable / one-of-a-kind / special release. I got smart and the last 3 things I bought are L (very small L's!) & M (larger M)...I seriously doubt I will get rid of them, but just curious what others would do :)

Don't throw them out, great memories, I'm thinking!
Another idea for you - make them into pillows. Toss em all on your couch and snooze with your favorite band ;)
Easy straight sewing, and stuff a pillow form inside.

pamara 07-10-2015 07:36 PM

I've been on IP for 10 weeks and have lost 30 lbs. For the past several weeks I've been having a hard time getting all of my food in. I do it, but it's a struggle. I eat a mix of different foods, so I'm not bored necessarily. Anytime I think about food I feel a little nauseated. Some of you have the opposite problem, but this isn't good at all. Is this common? Will it pass? Any suggestions on how to get rid of the nausea? TIA.

lisa32989 07-11-2015 09:35 PM

Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

Weekend Warm-up

Think about a weekend night when you went to bed after having stayed on track all day and felt really good about your eating. Then think about a weekend night when you went to bed after having gotten off track and overeaten. Which felt better? While staying on track on the weekends can be hard, it ALWAYS feels worth it once the day is over.

goldilocksinct 07-11-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamara (Post 5183427)
I've been on IP for 10 weeks and have lost 30 lbs. For the past several weeks I've been having a hard time getting all of my food in. I do it, but it's a struggle. I eat a mix of different foods, so I'm not bored necessarily. Anytime I think about food I feel a little nauseated. Some of you have the opposite problem, but this isn't good at all. Is this common? Will it pass? Any suggestions on how to get rid of the nausea? TIA.

I am so sorry you are not feeling well. :( I am on my second time on IP (getting back on track before it is really too late), but I did feel like that for a while my first time around, but I don't remember exactly when. I lost almost 110 pounds total, and I think it was closer to the start than you are. (Congratulations on the 30 pounds in 10 weeks!)

I think you might want to rule out some type of medical problem. Is your digestion going well, or is it all related to the nausea. If you are having any problems with constipation, the Smooth Move tea does wonders.

FunkyMonkey 07-11-2015 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3sisters (Post 5183169)
TCGIF everyone!

Woo Hoo! Made it to the 175 (albeit 175.6 :) ) and 40 lbs lost mark yesterday at weigh-in!!! Also had a repeat of the full body measurement and since starting I've lost a total of 44 inches! 7 just from my waist! :carrot:

I'm feeling so good in clothes now, whether it's getting dressed up or throwing on jeans and a t shirt. Those days of being either stuffed into my clothes like a sausage casing or not-so-successfully camouflaged with tent-like big shirts are SO over! :) Only very recently has my weight loss been really noticed and positive comments made about the weight I've lost, and it is so motivating! Nothing breeds success like success! :carrot:

Here's to a GREAT weekend for all!

Congratulations 3sisters!! What awesome success!!

frawniemae 07-12-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise (Post 5183338)

You can google how to make a t shirt smaller. I found this off the bat:
http://domestically-made.com/2013/05...shirt-smaller/

Thanks for that link! i have a drwer full of tshirts I just can't bear to part with (too many memories and I already have enough quilts!!) My sewing machine and I are about to get reacquainted!!

nimmer1991 07-12-2015 01:32 PM

Good Morning...

...everyone! !! Woke up this morning. Took my first set of pills and tried the apple soy puffs. Yummy!

First week is complete. I was very satisfied with my results and am super excited for another week.!!! We are having steak tonight and if you haven't tried reverse searing a steak you are missing out!

Can't decide what veggies tempt me yet...I'm thinking calli and zucchini.

nat1015 07-12-2015 03:02 PM

Hi everyone! I'm back. I don't know if you guys remember me (its been awhile :/) but I was a June 2014 starter. I was doing so well until right after the holidays. Working two jobs + Too much excess unhealthy food and too much liquid spirit got me back into my bad eating habits. I stopped planning ahead and started eating whatever was convenient.

I've gained 20 pounds since January and my pants are tight. I'm not buying a bigger size so it motivated me to start back up on IP and a healthy lifestyle.

FWIW, I remember saying last year that I got rid of all of my bigger pants as soon as I outgrew them so that I wouldn't be tempted to slide back up in sizes if I started gaining weight. IT worked! I'm pretty sure if I had pants that I could fit into right now without them being tight, I wouldn't be back here and starting again.

I will fix my stats in a little bit. But for now, I wanted to say "Hi again". I hope everyone is doing well!

joysh 07-12-2015 03:03 PM

Hi All!

nimmer - congrats on completing your first week! What is reverse searing a steak? Please tell!

Sgrealtor1 07-13-2015 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nat1015 (Post 5183950)
Hi everyone! I'm back. I don't know if you guys remember me (its been awhile :/) but I was a June 2014 starter. I was doing so well until right after the holidays. Working two jobs + Too much excess unhealthy food and too much liquid spirit got me back into my bad eating habits. I stopped planning ahead and started eating whatever was convenient.

I've gained 20 pounds since January and my pants are tight. I'm not buying a bigger size so it motivated me to start back up on IP and a healthy lifestyle.

FWIW, I remember saying last year that I got rid of all of my bigger pants as soon as I outgrew them so that I wouldn't be tempted to slide back up in sizes if I started gaining weight. IT worked! I'm pretty sure if I had pants that I could fit into right now without them being tight, I wouldn't be back here and starting again.

I will fix my stats in a little bit. But for now, I wanted to say "Hi again". I hope everyone is doing well!

Hi Nat! Welcome back.....I am still here chugging along :carrot::carrot: Good to see ya!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimmer1991 (Post 5183928)
...everyone! !! Woke up this morning. Took my first set of pills and tried the apple soy puffs. Yummy!

First week is complete. I was very satisfied with my results and am super excited for another week.!!! We are having steak tonight and if you haven't tried reverse searing a steak you are missing out!

Can't decide what veggies tempt me yet...I'm thinking calli and zucchini.

Hummm reverse searing do tell..... I had steak on the grill last night..

livinlrg 07-13-2015 06:36 AM

Welcome back nat1015

FWIW, I remember saying last year that I got rid of all of my bigger pants as soon as I outgrew them so that I wouldn't be tempted to slide back up in sizes if I started gaining weight. IT worked! I'm pretty sure if I had pants that I could fit into right now without them being tight, I wouldn't be back here and starting again[/QUOTE]

Smart idea to get rid of the bigger clothes, I plan on doing the same.
You know this works and you'll succeed. Have a great OP week!

nimmer1991 07-13-2015 11:13 AM

Reverse sear steak

This works with any type of steak I have found so far! Super easy! !!

Most steaks are seared in the pan or on a grill first, before being finished in an oven. A reverse sear is the opposite.

Pro's of what make this steak so great and an easy how to can be seen here...
https://youtu.be/GZ4xl7XJM08

joysh 07-13-2015 11:20 AM

Thanks, Nimmer!

Just have to share how excited I am! I started a mini-reboot on P1 last Wednesday and I've already lost 7 pounds! I love how this works! I know it will slow down but I love the jump-start at the very beginning. It's very motivating.

Yes, get rid of those very large sizes. Nothing like making you stick to it than having absolutely nothing to wear - or having clothes be too tight. When I got to my goal weight I got rid of everything past one or two sizes bigger. I'm glad I kept those, but I never have to wear them for very long.

Have a great day, everyone!

nimmer1991 07-13-2015 11:26 AM

*high five*

Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 5184202)
Thanks, Nimmer!

Just have to share how excited I am! I started a mini-reboot on P1 last Wednesday and I've already lost 7 pounds! I love how this works! I know it will slow down but I love the jump-start at the very beginning. It's very motivating.

Yes, get rid of those very large sizes. Nothing like making you stick to it than having absolutely nothing to wear - or having clothes be too tight. When I got to my goal weight I got rid of everything past one or two sizes bigger. I'm glad I kept those, but I never have to wear them for very long.

Have a great day, everyone!

I totally agree, I lost 7 last week too. It feels good to be taking care of the body, and knowing as long as I keep doing this I'll be in a great place!

I just thought yesterday I think my big reward for being awesome and sticking to it will be getting myself a bike. I use to bike when I was younger (teen) and I loved it, however I stopped and put on too much weight to feel comfortable on a bike. End goal = New Bike and a life full of not being able to do everything because of my eating habits.

I packed away my jeans early June, they just weren't comfortable anymore, and I didn't want to go buy more in a size up. I've been wearing skirts (not that that's a bag thing in itself), but it'd be nice to have options. Going to get there!!! :):carrot: