Old 08-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #421  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Height: 5'4"

HereIstand I am taking all my supplements and following protocol 100% and still get SO tired. I get my blood work done every year and nothing has ever been out of whack as far as thyroid or anything. I'm due or another appt and haven't seen my doctor since I started IP so maybe this round of blood work will reveal something. I like your idea of having dinner for lunch - I might have to try that and see if it helps.

Hysteria I agree that exercise is important overall. I think I'll get back to it and be consistent in adding that extra packet and see how I feel. SOOOO crazy that your scale moved a few ounces after upping your calories!

Arobed congrats on setting the date for your surgery! How exciting!!
roxysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Happy Monday!

Countdown to vacation - 11 days

Countdown to TOM - T-minus-one Hey, I'll be free & clear for vacation though!!!!

I am thankful I will be working from home tomorrow!!

NSV - sitting at work today in my size 12 slacks

I am so glad I decided to start tracking my daily weigh-in's on an excel spreadsheet, so even on days like today / yesterday when the silly scale wants to play with me (well let's see Beth, TOM is due to start tomorrow *duh*!) , I know my overall averages are terrific

Got 80% of the house cleaned Saturday and Sunday - carpets are steam cleaned, walls (upstairs) are washed, trash went to the dump (3 TRIPS!) - DH took a "sick" day today to work on / finish a bathroom we've (read: HE has) been fiddling with for 2 years. A few more odds / ends and we will be ready for tomorrow.
I really dislike heavy house cleaning like this though...I have kind of sad memories of the smell of ammonia and my mom washing the floors and walls a lot from childhood. She was OCD about cleaning and it cut into the time she spent with all of her kids.
After my dad passed last year, my brother and I spent a night drinking and reminiscing and our clearest memories from childhood of mom were of her cleaning and cooking. She put all her love into these things - but my brother and I both agreed it would have been nicer to have had her TIME.
I wanted more than that with my girls...I've talked to DD18 who says "No, I definitely won't remember you for those things" and her key memories are mostly all family-oriented activities...playing softball, the boat we used to have, going to hockey games, family vacations Hopefully DD10 will have many of the same memories

Last edited by hysteria_625; 08-10-2015 at 10:04 AM.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #423  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Since being on protocol, I like Mondays a whole lot more - it's my WI day. Down 2.75 pounds this week, so just a wee bit off my 3 lb/week average. Sooooo close to being in a new decade, and halfway to goal! Didn't lose any inches this week, but I think that's because I've been more consistent about my walking and probably have increased some muscle mass. Still, I wish I were closer to size 12s. Patience is not my strong suit.

I read somewhere that people don't really comment about your weight loss until you lose at least 30 pounds. Yesterday was the first time someone asked me if I'd lost weight, and yep, I'm right there (or close to) the 30 pound mark. Interesting.

Blisteringly hot today, so I am going to try to do some of my walking this morning before it gets dangerous to be outside.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Since being on protocol, I like Mondays a whole lot more - it's my WI day. Down 2.75 pounds this week, so just a wee bit off my 3 lb/week average. Sooooo close to being in a new decade, and halfway to goal! Didn't lose any inches this week, but I think that's because I've been more consistent about my walking and probably have increased some muscle mass. Still, I wish I were closer to size 12s. Patience is not my strong suit.
Congrats!!! That's awesome!! Keep up the good work. I always liked Mondays because it puts me back in to routine. Weekends kinda mess with my timing of everything
Quote:
Countdown to vacation - 11 days
Thursday at 4 for me, and I.CANNOT.WAIT!!!!! A little nervous, but I have done this for 6 months- I can do this!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #425  
Started IP 6/10/2015

Hysteria - so COOL on the size 12 slacks wow, that is a LOT of house cleaning! I bet it feels good to have it done :-)

HereIStand - I'm right there with you on the approx 30 lb mark - I can't believe it really can you?! It feels awesome!

Destony you will do great on vacay - is this for your son's wedding? Is it near home or somewhere else?

Have a great Monday ladies!

Cindy
roxysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:20 AM   #426  

Beth size 12 - That is so cool!!! So proud of you!!!
RoxyThis vaca is one my boyfriend and I take every Summer. We take our boat for 10 days and go over to an island off our coast Martha's Vineyard, and stay in a few harbors over there. The wedding is at the end of the week that we come home- (8/30) I hope I have all my last minute stuff done!!
So, I have been doing a 30 day plank challenge- I just looked at the schedule and it bumps to 2 minutes today... and in about 5 minutes, I have to tackle it. I doubt I'll make it straight through -the minute and a half ones were tough-I feel as though now, (I've done them on and off for years now) I'm not keeping the right form, not sure why or what may have changed...but...I figured a plank challenge is something I can do anywhere, including limited space aboard the boat.
I have enough IP food ready to go to feed another person I think, lol. I just don't want to run out of options. I hate boredom-and that includes with my food.
I got Janevas cookbook the other day. Can't wait to try some of the recipes. Anyone else have it? Have you tried any of the recipes?
Okay friends- Happy Tuesday- Off to "Plankdom"
Old 08-11-2015, 08:22 AM   #427  

Thanks Roxy / Destony

Destony - safe boating! When / if temptations arise, just remember your M-O-G dress
I've was tossing around getting Janeva's cookbook, but with the soy restriction not sure it would be worth it...plus, quite a few recipes I've seen posted to the Facebook page use various extracts I'm not sure I want to invest in... :???:

UGH! More cleaning last night - the drywall work DH did made a MASSIVE mess - all the wall washing / etc was for-not Oh I was not happy when I got home...I know it had to be done but

& let toss in that the a/c unit stopped working at some point yesterday woke up to a 75 degree house at 4am / frozen compressor and haven't been back to sleep since (hoping its just a clogged filter)...since then, I've cleaned the entire basement / swept / mopped the floors & scrubbed down the 'renovated' bathroom. One more quick vacuum before the appraiser comes between 10 - 12 then this can be over!

Thankfully I am able to work from home today, so my lunch hour might be a nap
Old 08-11-2015, 09:47 AM   #428  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone,
Beth, Size 12 is awesome!!! Our a/c went out a month and a half ago. It was awful. We had to get a new unit...hopefully you don't have to do that.
Destony...you rock with your planks. I need to do that...I need to do something exercise wise. How's it going?
HIS, congrats on your weight loss.

I am finished phase 3 on Friday. I can't believe it. I took myself out of the weekly schedule at my Clinic. I like Phase 3. I lost another pound last week and I don't feel like I am sacrificing anything. I may continue to do Phase 3 until the end of the month.

I was in my Clinic yesterday and a brand new person was in there and she seemed so down about everything. I wasn't like that at all when I started. I was so excited to FINALLY be doing something about my weight. I was so excited to actually feel good about myself again. Maybe that's just me though. I can see how some people just see the long road ahead, which isn't really that long on IP!
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #429  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
I got Janevas cookbook the other day. Can't wait to try some of the recipes. Anyone else have it? Have you tried any of the recipes?
I don't have it, but a friend does, and I plan to look it over. Not sure I'll invest in it, though. I'm not much interested in cooking, and I'm perfectly content with simple meals like plain broiled fish and steamed veggies, so I don't know that I'd really use the cookbook.

I've found a local 5K run in November, and I think I'll be ready to start the C25K program in early September. I'm both nervous and excited about that. I know that as my weight gets closer to goal, I will need a new challenge to keep me on the right track with food and exercise. And I really want a fit, runner's body.

Y'all are doing so great! Stay the course!
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:15 PM   #430  
Started IP 1/9/2015

S/C/G: 237/140/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
I am finished phase 3 on Friday. I can't believe it. I took myself out of the weekly schedule at my Clinic. I like Phase 3. I lost another pound last week and I don't feel like I am sacrificing anything. I may continue to do Phase 3 until the end of the month.
MiWi - Congratulations on making it to GOAL!!!!!!!!! That is so fantastic, you must feel so great. Keep up the great work, I know you will rock Maintenance!

I too have "Size 10" as my secret goal size - I'm SOOO close! It won't be too long now. I've also set a date goal for myself to start phasing off by Sept. 24, so we'll see! It's good to hear that you are continuing to lose a bit in Phase 2/3. I'll probably start phasing off when I'm around 5 lbs. from my "final" goal.

I'm really close to being ready to switch to "real-life" eating, even though I know it will be totally different than before, I am mentally and physically preparing myself every day for this. Practicing "thin-thinking", incorporating activity and exercise into my daily routine, thinking differently about foods and how they nurture us (focusing more on the physiological ways that "good" foods can make us healthy and happy, rather than the psychological ways that "bad" foods used to make me feel better). It's scary, but I really want maintenance to be successful, because this is the person I want to be. My happiness level has been sky high lately, and this is such a huge part of it.

I know I've been pretty quiet on these boards, I've been reading, but don't always feel I have anything interesting to contribute, but I really feel strongly that all of you have been such an important part of my journey. Thank you all so much! And good luck to each and every one of you on your own individual journeys. Yay for us!
AltKatonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #431  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

AltKat I'm glad to see your post today because I feel much the same way - SO happy, little scared about the next step. I keep putting off phasing out, had an arbitrary goal of 150, then 145, now I'm at 138. I think my coach is getting tired of me saying "maybe I'll start phase 2 next week". I'm one that was slender until I hit menopause then I sold my business, the kids left for college, and here came lots of pounds. Too many life changes hit me at once.

Now I'm scared because I still have many of the same psychological issues that resulted in the gain.

I guess I'm going to have to overcome the fear, and think positively.

Linda & Beth, omg you guys are so close to goal! I'm excited for you!
____
Mary
3bigdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:23 AM   #432  

Mary I agree, I am scared. I still have a bit to go before I hit the number I threw out there. I am pretty sure I will end up not happy yet at 140, so I will bump it down. I'm only 5'4" so...but I am sure part of that will also be attributed to fear of phasing off. I, too, think that no matter what, the psychological stuff is always going to be there for me. I think part of what I am going to need to do is keep certain things right in the forefront of my mind, like how I felt fat, the money invested in this, the good feelings of losing the weight. I stopped drinking 10 years ago, so much like the things that I keep close to the front of my mind from that period- I don't want to go back there. It seems to be working there, so I am going to approach this very similarly.
Yesterday I wore a size 12 pair of Levi's to work...I realized that for the next size down, I am going to have to go shopping!!! Who'da thunk, with all of the clothes I have hoarded over the years. I reallyt need to have a yard sale for all of the clothes that I am getting rid of.
HIS I agree, I'm pretty content with quick easy meals. Nothing seems overly complicated in the book. I figured it may be helpful in "real life" eating for some of the sweet stuff. Alot of the recipes look really good! She did a great job with it.
Okay, my friends- Happy Wednesday!!!! W/I day for me at 11:15, and back to the coach I have had for the majority of this ride. Can't wait to see her!! Have a fabulous day everyone!!
Beth If today is the appraisal day, GOOD LUCK!!! I'm sure everything will go great!
Old 08-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #433  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Mary I agree, I am scared. I still have a bit to go before I hit the number I threw out there. I am pretty sure I will end up not happy yet at 140, so I will bump it down. I'm only 5'4" so...but I am sure part of that will also be attributed to fear of phasing off. I, too, think that no matter what, the psychological stuff is always going to be there for me. I think part of what I am going to need to do is keep certain things right in the forefront of my mind, like how I felt fat, the money invested in this, the good feelings of losing the weight. I stopped drinking 10 years ago, so much like the things that I keep close to the front of my mind from that period- I don't want to go back there. It seems to be working there, so I am going to approach this very similarly.
Yesterday I wore a size 12 pair of Levi's to work...I realized that for the next size down, I am going to have to go shopping!!! Who'da thunk, with all of the clothes I have hoarded over the years. I reallyt need to have a yard sale for all of the clothes that I am getting rid of.

Okay, my friends- Happy Wednesday!!!! W/I day for me at 11:15, and back to the coach I have had for the majority of this ride. Can't wait to see her!! Have a fabulous day everyone!!
Beth If today is the appraisal day, GOOD LUCK!!! I'm sure everything will go great!
Destony: Good luck with WI!
Reading through the first paragraph - I would say you are ready to tackle maintenance I quit smoking 14 years ago - similar process, but obviously different in that we have to have food to survive - cigarettes and alcohol, not so much. Education and preparation are 90% of the battle imho.

Mary - WOW! Congrats on the great loss & fwiw, I think you will rock the phases & thanks - slow and steady...

Appraiser came yesterday - BEFORE the a/c guy made it out so it was 78 degrees in the house...she took a picture of the thermostat but never asked if the a/c was broke. We'll see how much slack the mortgage company cuts us & should know for sure right before we leave for vacation.

2 great things to note:
1) This a/c guy was willing to do the work and got the a/c running right again for the first time this summer (the coils were completely clogged). Went to bed in cool house
2) My house feels completely clean for the first time in X(X) years We had accumulated too much STUFF! Glad it is gone or where it belongs.

Glad the worst of the stress is over - I will say, I thought about another NSV of IP / the low carb way of eating. I started having panic attacks when I was young, but the first debilitating one struck about 10 years ago and I've had a handful since - at one point they got frequent & really bad so I went and got an Rx for Xanax (yuk).
Through all the stress over the last 6.5 months, I've yet to have an attack (knock on wood!!!). Other than the PMS grouchies, my mood / anxiety has actually stabilized. I still get 'worked up' to some extent, but it is manageable.

I need to keep the good things about IP front and center because the scale isn't my friend right now. I can SEE the changes - physically SEE my body changing - my size 14's are literally falling off now - but something internally won't let go of the (water? fat?). Oh, it will, eventually, in it's own good time...but patience has never been my strong suit
Old 08-12-2015, 09:13 PM   #434  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Had my WI today my first week of phase 2 is done I lost 3 pounds for a total of 70
Arobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:19 AM   #435  

Bethglad to hear that things went well, and the a/c is up and running. We just put it in this year, and as cold as I always am, I am still glad that we have it. Happy vacation!! I just need to get through today, and it's off to the deep blue sea! I am counting the minutes. I would say, as long as you are seeing the changes- you are doing just fine!!! You've been such an inspiration to me, I think we're very similar, our jobs, our weight, our time on the journey. You've done amazing! It's fun to see also because I am 100% IP and you are alternative---I shouldn't be allowed on here early in the morning- I ramble too much...lol-oh and yes, I am going to keep visions of the MOG dress in my head when we are at Back Door Donuts and he gets his fresh, hot over the top delicious donuts at night...OMG...you have no idea- but I WILL stick my nose in the bag for a good long mouth watering smell....(I did this over 4th of July when we were there, after dinner - and it was all I needed.) *I will be on guard though... ☺ When I went to my w/i yesterday we went over the trip and then talked about the wedding and I told her that I will be having cake- and not just a piece of cake- buta corner just a corner, buit where the frosting is and (I'm a frosting junkie) she laughed and said that she will phase me in to that starting at the weigh in when I come back -otherwise I will get sick- that would be nice huh? MOG throwing up or passing out in the middle of the reception...lol
AroWOWEEE!! Congratulations!! 3 lbs in phase 2? Thats great!!! so excited for you!
Happy Thursday one and all!!!