Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 299/257/189

Height: 5'8"

Hi all, another newbie here. I have my consultation tomorrow, and am very eager to get started. I decided to "get with the program" after running into an acquaintance last week at a Gala. He lost 81 pounds in 3 1/2 months! I have dreams of dropping 100 pounds, so I can get back to running, playing sports, and most importantly, getting health for my wife and daughter. No more excuses, time to make it a reality. I'm worth it!

Currently weigh 289. Goal is 189.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:48 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 213/160/135

Height: 5ft 3 inces

My pants started to feel loose this morning...such an awesome feeling
Old 03-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxnoose View Post
Hi all, another newbie here. I have my consultation tomorrow, and am very eager to get started. I decided to "get with the program" after running into an acquaintance last week at a Gala. He lost 81 pounds in 3 1/2 months! I have dreams of dropping 100 pounds, so I can get back to running, playing sports, and most importantly, getting health for my wife and daughter. No more excuses, time to make it a reality. I'm worth it!

Currently weigh 289. Goal is 189.
You can do this and you will have so much more energy. It is such a good feeling to be in control of eating instead of eating controlling you. Good luck
Old 03-18-2015, 07:10 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 189.6/146/135 Age 73

Height: 5'0"

How long does it take to get into ketosis? I have been faithful to the plan for over 2 weeks. I bought some ketone strips and was surprised to see that there were no ketones in the urine. Any ideas? BTW, I still haven't figured out how to respond to a particular message. Maybe all the ketones are in my brain! :-)
Old 03-18-2015, 07:39 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

I am a March restarter too. Driving down the road, feeling fat and I decided it is time to do this again. I just can't do it by myself. Hopefully I can reach my goal one more time!!!
Old 03-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #141  

I think I just figured out how to respond to a specific message.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #142  

Maybe not.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Well first weigh in today and there scale said only 1 lb . My scale said 4lbs so. It to sure which one to believe. I do feel real good so will try another week and see what's happens . I'm a little worried that this Pre menopause is having a effect on my body.
The fact that you feel good is a good sign. Every pound counts. Try not to get too discouraged.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:37 PM   #144  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma lurline View Post
How long does it take to get into ketosis? I have been faithful to the plan for over 2 weeks. I bought some ketone strips and was surprised to see that there were no ketones in the urine. Any ideas? BTW, I still haven't figured out how to respond to a particular message. Maybe all the ketones are in my brain! :-)
Hi Oma! Check the bottom right corner of the post you want to respond to. The "Quote" button will insert the HTML link into a new post so you can respond to something said earlier!

As for ketosis, that may be something to ask in the daily chat... the rest of the board is more experienced in these matters than the rest of us March starters. This is even my restart, and I know nothing about ketosis... just hoping it's a party I'm attending.

Last edited by ImASharkIPromise; 03-18-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:16 AM   #145  
Restarted IP Jan 16, 2017

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to all the new starters and restarters! You've got this!

I am definitely not an expert on ketosis, but for me I go into ketosis on about day 4 of the diet. But I've heard other people say that some people never do go into ketosis, or at least if they do it doesn't show up on the little keto-strips.

I am sorry, Oma, that the weight isn't falling off and you don't appear to be in ketosis. Glad you talked to your doc about it, though. Something just isn't adding up here. I hope you can get to the bottom of this.

And yay for loose pants, Kirag!

It's been an exciting night here at Casa de Annie. DH is out of town, my 12-year old son got to babysit my 8 year old with autism while my teenage daughter went to youth group and I took my 9 year old to perform in his school play. Apparently DS8 learned all about calling 911 at school today, and spent the evening practicing this new skill. Needless to say, the night ended with the police at the door, DS12 in a complete sobbing panic, and DS8 in lots and lots of trouble (and DD and DS9 hiding out in their bedrooms to avoid the drama). Sigh. Never a dull moment around here, folks! This is the kind of night that once I put the kids in bed, pre-IP Annie would pull out the ice cream and potato chips and snarf my stress away. Hahaha. Instead I'm going to treat myself to a quest bar and chug some water. Life is good, folks. Even when it's nuts. And Ideal Protein is totally doable, even when the kids are completely bonkers (which is, oh, all the time...). (I adore the little stinkers, I really do.)
Old 03-19-2015, 08:26 AM   #146  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Default Re-starting tomorrow (3-20)

Is there a separate thread for people using Alternative Products or does this re-start thread incorporate Alternative and true Ideal Protein users?
Thank You
Old 03-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #147  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealAnnie View Post

It's been an exciting night here at Casa de Annie. DH is out of town, my 12-year old son got to babysit my 8 year old with autism while my teenage daughter went to youth group and I took my 9 year old to perform in his school play. Apparently DS8 learned all about calling 911 at school today, and spent the evening practicing this new skill. Needless to say, the night ended with the police at the door, DS12 in a complete sobbing panic, and DS8 in lots and lots of trouble (and DD and DS9 hiding out in their bedrooms to avoid the drama). Sigh. Never a dull moment around here, folks! This is the kind of night that once I put the kids in bed, pre-IP Annie would pull out the ice cream and potato chips and snarf my stress away. Hahaha. Instead I'm going to treat myself to a quest bar and chug some water. Life is good, folks. Even when it's nuts. And Ideal Protein is totally doable, even when the kids are completely bonkers (which is, oh, all the time...). (I adore the little stinkers, I really do.)
That's hilarious, but I'm sorry you had to spend the evening with the police!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Is there a separate thread for people using Alternative Products or does this re-start thread incorporate Alternative and true Ideal Protein users?
Thank You
Alternative product discussion here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...art-6-a-7.html
Old 03-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #148  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
That's hilarious, but I'm sorry you had to spend the evening with the police!

Alternative product discussion here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...art-6-a-7.html
Yes, I saw that thread discussing the types of alternative products. Just wondering if those using alternative products to restart are also using this thread-or is it strictly for true IP product people? Thanks.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #149  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Yes, I saw that thread discussing the types of alternative products. Just wondering if those using alternative products to restart are also using this thread-or is it strictly for true IP product people? Thanks.
Unless a thread specifies that it's 100% IP, then we're all in here. I'm using alternative products on a restart myself, and I frequent both threads.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 208/148/145

Height: 5'6

Oh Annie -- it's that "roll with the punches" attitude that's going to make you a success on IP and in maintenance. What a crazy evening -- so fabulous that you can smile about it. Sounds like you have a wonderful bunch of kids, getting into all the things that kids manage to get into!
Closed Thread