Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Kooky, good to see you again! WTG on your walk training!

LUCCI, how did the tests go...? remind your doc that women's heart attacks are NOT like men's symptoms - it would be good to rule that out too...

How are all you gals dealing with the time change? It hits me hard, the losing 1 hr of sleep, especially since it comes in the middle of a busy weekend and during my work shift. It doesn't help when I have wacky sleep issues and alpha wave difficulties anyhow.

Beautiful sunshine although frosty in the morning, but hubby is off & working full time now so that will make it easier for me to schedule some exercise and 'girlfriend time.'

Looking forward to more walks outside again!

Liana
Old 03-09-2015, 08:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Thanks everyone for checking in on me. Went to Doctors today and he did an EKG on me to make sure it was not a heart issue. I am fine in that department. My wonderful husband stayed home with me today to take me to all the appointments as it is was too sore for me to drive. Was very happy about that.

I am going tomorrow for an ultrasound on my gallbladder to make sure that is ok. I do have gallstones. Thur I am going for an MRI on my chest and shoulder. I also did blood work today.

My doctor thinks it is most likely some sort of pull/strain on a muscle that is aggravating a rib or sternum. Like if you lift heavy weights or lift something to heavy. My husband and I agree with him but better to be save then sorry. My insurance covers everything so we are going to check stuff out.

I don't have the pressure on my chest anymore just soreness near shoulder blade and side near rib cage area.

Amazingly I still was able to weigh in and lost 1.6lbs so happy to have done that. I hate when I miss a weigh in. My office is in full support and was happy I was doing ok.

So I will report back once I have some results. This week I am doing a lot of resting. I think my body and mind needs it in general. I can not go to chiropractor or a massage till all is well. Totally understand.

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Lucci: Hang in there, glad to know it isn't heart related. Hope the pain passes soon.

Liana: So far the time change has been fine, it will probably catch up to me in a few days. Walking outside is wonderful, just got back! Great exercise and clears the mind.

Slip: How was the spa weekend? Thought about you this weekend. DH is going away for work April 28th and I get to go with him this time! Beautiful resort right on a lake, can't wait. I have already mapped out my morning run! LOL.

Kooky: Glad you are checking in. 39 miles! Wow. Good for you.

DH is away for work this week, and I am doing 3 days of training for the other job! Should be a busy, busy week for me. Looking forward to the weekend already!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Thanks for welcoming me back!

Lucci-I'm glad your heart is healthy! I hope the doctors find the cause and a solution to your pain soon. Congrats on your WI!

Liana- DST is nice for the extra sunlight at the end of the day, but I'm all messed up from it. I couldn't fall asleep until 11, which is late for me on a "school night," then I was up at 4:30 this morning. I hope to adjust soon and hopefully the exercise will help. Hope your sleep schedule gets back in sync too and you get to enjoy more time outdoors!

Slipfree- I hope you enjoyed your spa weekend! That sounds great! How was it?

want2be- The business trip with your husband sounds fabulous and good for you for already planning your exercise! I bet it will be a beautiful place to run. Good luck with your new job training and hope your week isn't too hectic.

I just did two P1 days because of my weight creeping up. I had lost almost 10 lbs past my goal weight and all of my new clothes were baggy on me, then gained back about 5 which I was kind of happy about because my clothes fit better, then the other 5 came along, and that was when I had to do something because my pants were feeling tight. I'm down about 2-3 lbs from my highest weight. I'm hoping to lose a couple more or just tone up from working out. I've sticked up my refrigerator with healthy stuff and don't have any business travel scheduled for now, so perfect time to get myself back to my happy weight. The past couple of months I've been traveling 2 weeks out of the month and enjoying somd great local foods, wine, beers, in my sales territory. I must have gone overboard because I gained 10 lbs pretty quickly. Lesson learned and back to bring more vigilant.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 03-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

The spa weekend was fun, it seems like a long time ago now . Received a really mean letter from a parent today, sent to my boss too. Holding kids accountable for assignments is no longer popular with some parents.

Kooky, good to catch the UP pounds early Your work travel sounds fun.

Want2b, your trip sounds great. Good luck with the training.

Luccilove, glad that you are following up with tests. Hope the pain goes away soon. Hurray for your weight loss.

Liana, I am exhausted too. You must be enjoying your "free" time.

Hi Hawaii!
Old 03-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #36  

Slip... sorry for your experience... what is the matter with some parents? How do they expect their child to hold or even get a job if they don't complete the tasks asked of them... Or maybe they are planning on supporting this child into their old age. Good luck with that - they will end up as those abused elders that are just taken economic advantage of until they die.

Sorry all, that was rather dark! I've dealt with parents in dysfunctional families like that who 'fixed' everything for their almost adult children when they got into any difficulties. Made for a huge mess all around later.

Lucci: Waaah on the gallstones - is it possible to break them all up with ultrasound? That would be the least invasive if possible but I know it isn't always.

Liana
Old 03-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #37  

Slip- Glad you had fun on your spa weekend! I'm sorry to hear about the nasty letter from the parents. You'd think they'd be coming down on their child for not doing his/her homework. I'm not surprised though after hearing horror stories from my mom when she was a teacher prior to her retirement.

I completely agree with you Liana...I don't see how kids raised like that could ever function on their own in society.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: I feel for you, dealing with parents is never easy. Not sure how some parents think. The school here is not allowed to fail a child! I think if my child doesn't meet the requirements for that grade they should be held back. Pushing them thru is only going to set them up for failure next year. But that is just my opinion.

My week has been so busy and it is only Wed! Training is going well, one more day of that and I am on my own next week.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi all;

Well, its been a busy time and wasn't feeling great last week with a combination of flu and that time of the month. So, was exhausted. My exercising hasn't been great but am feeling better and hope to get back at it tomorrow. I was 3lbs over my scream weight due to TOM and eating terrible but am now down that 3lbs and working at getting down to the low range. Its always a work in progress. And trying to get that water in. Nice to see you back Kooki! And hope you are feeling better Lucci. Slip, parents don't get it sometimes and pay the price when their kids get older. I agree Want2b! I hope things slow down for you. Hi Liana and Jenny.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hello ladies,

Liana- congralations on your one year anniversary!! what a huge accomplishment. I loved reading your response to Slip's comment about parents who don't let their kids take responsibility. I cheered out loud

Slip - glad the spa weekend was a hit. Sounds like you had a hard day yesterday, I hope your boss had your back. I had a clients father take a strip off me on the phone last week, I had to tell him I was hanging up. He told me he was calling my manager to complain and he did. Thankfully she supported me and was able to de-escalate the situation.....for now. It is always hard when that happens and you feel like you've been "slimmed" ( at least that's what my boss called it).

Hawaii- I hope your feeling better. Ease back into the exercise. Your doing great managing your weight..

Kooky - 39 mile walk that is amazing! Is that something that you do Over the course of a weekend?

Want2be - sounds like you are working hard on P1, I'm sure working in the clinic is motivating. How is it going?

Lucci- I hope your feeling better and the end result is a pulled muscle that heals quickly. Good for you for getting all the tests done and being thorough.

Life feels a little overwhelming for me in the past week or so. Work is way to busy and I noticed the stress there increase my appetite and the. I want sugar or carbs for comfort. I am making changes to my schedule for next month to protect my time better to reduce stress. I can't keep this pace up and I won't throw off my health or eating habits for it, I have decided I'm to important. My daughter is struggling in gr 1. I have a learning disabilityand she presents with a similar profile at times. So after talking with her teacher who is amazing and really gets my daughter, we are getting a psychological educational assessment done. We started the process last week. DH still hasn't had any job prospects and I feel like time is running out but in reality he still has 5 months left of work.

Ok that is it for my unload....it helps to dump it here.
Thank you
Old 03-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #41  

Jenny- I am glad that you are making yourself a priority. Brave move to support your daughter and way to stand up to the bully client's dad.

Hawaii, hope you are feeling 100% soon. I am not stepping on the scale until Fri. We will just continue to work the plan.

Parent situation is still not resolved. Have a meeting with them on Monday with my principal. This too shall pass....

Liana and Kooki, thanks for the support.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Hello ladies,
I had a clients father take a strip off me on the phone last week, I had to tell him I was hanging up. He told me he was calling my manager to complain and he did. Thankfully she supported me and was able to de-escalate the situation.....for now. It is always hard when that happens and you feel like you've been "slimmed" ( at least that's what my boss called it).
Hahahah, the 'slimmed' reference explained here:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=slim+shady

Hope you can breathe while it's all going on... Jenny & Slip... be strong - sending you stinkeye mojo to use on those parents! lol.

Liana
Old 03-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #43  

Joy of joys, pms and a cold! See what stress can do to a body

Have been right on track food wise for the past 4 days though.

Liana, I love your sense of humor, lol.

Hope the rest of you had a great day.

Last edited by Slipfree; 03-12-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:49 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Joy of joys, pms and a cold! See what stress can do to a body I totally feel your pain Slip - that was me the other week...

Have been right on track food wise for the past 4 days though.

Liana, I live your sense of humor, lol.

Hope the rest of you had a great day.
I actually decided to do a 'proper' breakfast today, maybe that will move things along, although a 1:7 ratio of carbs to fat for lunch may be a tad extreme. I was doing a fair bit of research on Ketogenic diets & cycling (thank you wylothar, lol, who got me started on this...) so I'm doing a bit of experimentation.

I found a great pair of Versace dark plain jeans yesterday at VV Boutique (value village - for those Canadians in the know hahaha) for only 7.99 and they are built properly for me with a very fitted waist but a curvier butt shape. (My glutes still sit pretty high for an old lady). Anyone who has issues with gapping waists on jeans may want to see if they can scare up a pair online. I have always hated having to get darts put into the backs of my jeans so the waists don't gap.

Liana
Old 03-12-2015, 11:26 PM   #45  

Hawaii- it's tough to keep the weight off. It seems like just when I think I've got it, I get overconfident and think "oh I can eat that and not gain," I can gain quickly. It sucks, but at least all of us are aware that we have to do a lot yo maintain. It's tough though...I definitely feel your pain!

Jenny, I'm sorry to hear you're stressed. I find I get hungrier when stressed too. The walk I'm doing is split into two days. It will definitely be tough, but it's for a great cause and forces me to train for the event. I hope things start looking up for you soon. That's great you're getting your daughter the assessment she needs. I have two nieces who really benefitted from testing and having IEPs at school.

Slipfree- ugh...PMS and a cold...yuck!! Hope you get rest this weekend! It sounds like you've had a tough week.

Liana- nice find on the jeans! I wish I had a high butt! Hopefully walking and hiking more will help me acheive that!
Closed Thread