Old 02-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #166  
In it for the long haul!

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenhours View Post
Hi, I am fairly new to the forum and am reaching out for a bit of help.
I am 51, joined IP on Dec. 8, 2014. So far lost 26.8 lb. however I noticed that I have only approx 4.5 lb weight loss over a period of a month and am becoming worried - am I doing something wrong?
I am not cheating, sticking to the program as much as I understand it. One unusual thing is that I had leg surgery, which bound me to the chair for three weeks. Now I am up an walking, spent 45 min on a bike yesterday. I am happy with the fact that I feel lighter and my legs appreciate the lesser weight
However how can I do better? I don't notice smell of ketones around me. Does it mean I am not doing it right? Please, advise me.
Hi Sevenhours, First, welcome! About your slow down in weight loss -- I'd talk to your coach. I'm a newbie myself, so take this with a grain of salt, but if you're really sticking to plan perhaps it's just your body adjusting? You had a big loss, fast. Again, I'd talk with your coach and see what other ipeeps have to say. But stay the course -- you are going down! Good job!
shinyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:13 PM   #167  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Sevenhours - Welcome!

I wouldn't be too worried. You are doing great!

I definitely had periods where things slowed down, but it will pick back up again. I averaged about 2 - 2.5 pounds a week after my initial bigger losses.

With the surgery, meds, etc, you were probably retaining some water. That should get better now that you're up and around.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 220/180.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyjo View Post
Hi Sevenhours, First, welcome! About your slow down in weight loss -- I'd talk to your coach. I'm a newbie myself, so take this with a grain of salt, but if you're really sticking to plan perhaps it's just your body adjusting? You had a big loss, fast. Again, I'd talk with your coach and see what other ipeeps have to say. But stay the course -- you are going down! Good job!
Thank you for the warm words, shinyjo and Lizzy63. You are right about the going down part - maybe I should focus on that, rather than speed of weight loss. It seems to me that everyone else is melting the pounds and I am just simmering. But I might be wrong. Waiting for the next WI.
Sevenhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #169  

Sevenhours
Inflammation after surgery = water weight. I'm surprised your coach hasn't reassured you with this info. That, coupled with the stress hormone, cortisol, could be the cause of the slowdown. As you heal, it should pick back up.

Welcome!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #170  
started IP 7/17/2012

So, went for my checkup yesterday and my doctor was very happy with my cholesterol numbers. After starting IP a couple of years ago, I was able to discontinue cholesterol meds, and my numbers are still very good, even though I've gained some back and I am rebooting.

She also said she would be happy if I stayed at this weight. She said it is not necessary for my health to lose more weight. (But I will continue to work on getting back to my goal, which puts my BMI just under 25, and also gets me back into my skinny clothes.)

I guess there are some things better than having a bikini body!! (Especially when you're over 50.)

Last edited by Lizzy63; 02-12-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:08 PM   #171  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Welcome Sevenhours. Hope you're healing well after your surgery and this week should see a nice loss now you're mobile again.

Lizzy63 Great news about your cholesterol.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:11 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Flashback time.... DH & I went to a 'Rock n Roll thru the Decades' dance party at a studio and won costume prizes, lol. He was early 70's hippie/folk and I was mid 70's early punk. You can't see the steel toed workboots I was wearing over my ripped fishnet hose or his Hushpuppies under his avocado green cords, hahahaha! DH's wearing one of my wigs, he actually has short hair.

Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002 (600x800).jpg (27.1 KB, 40 views)
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:38 PM   #173  

Sooo, WI #10 today - 1.2 lb lost I was pretty sure it should be more, because I felt lighter but..
I decided to take it as a speed that my body likes and not to get discouraged. I will lose weight slowly it seems. Well, I'll take that
What do you think, ladies?
Old 02-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #174  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Liana That is such an awesome picture, I love it.

Don't be discouraged, Sevenhours. Not sure if you saw the post a few weeks ago where Lisa mentioned that when a fat cell loses its cargo (fat, free fatty acids and hormones) it can often fill up with water as a temporary measure. This means that you probably lost some fat, but have a little water retention that'll disappear with a whoosh during the next week.

If you look at the numbers of those of us who post weekly values, you'll see that they jump around all over the place. Weight loss isn't linear. You can be 100% compliant with the IP protocol and still not lose as much as you'd like or expect, because of the many variables with water/hormones/diet/sensitivities/activity levels. Ultimately, if you don't cheat you will lose the weight sooner or later.

It's still very respectable to lose 1.2lb in a week. Dig out your tape measure for a boost to esteem when the scale doesn't reward you in the expected manner. Very often you have bigger inch losses on weeks where the dial barely moves on the scale.

Last edited by Briael; 02-14-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #175  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

Lost one more pound this week. I've been losing 1 pound per week for the past 3 weeks. It's annoying, but I finally am feeling and looking more like I want to feel. It's just so darn slow!! Ah, well, I'm sticking with it. In one month from now I should be ready to phase off.

Tomorrow I'm going to Florida to be with my sister when she starts her cancer treatment. I'll be there for 2 weeks. I've packed IP foods and have ordered from Nashua to be delivered to my sister's house, so I should be fine. I can always buy a box of Quest bars at a GNC in Florida. I'll be doing the cooking for us, so that should not be a problem.

Snacking will be the challenge. She needs to eat calories to maintain her weight and I need to NOT eat calories. I'll have to be sure I have ample veggies ready and on hand to snack when we watch TV.

Traveling by plane is always a little challenging when on P1, but I've done it before and I can do it again. It's nice that we know something that will work for us!!

Have a great day, everyone!

Quote:
Thank you for the warm words, shinyjo and Lizzy63. You are right about the going down part - maybe I should focus on that, rather than speed of weight loss. It seems to me that everyone else is melting the pounds and I am just simmering. But I might be wrong. Waiting for the next WI.
Quote:
I decided to take it as a speed that my body likes and not to get discouraged. I will lose weight slowly it seems. Well, I'll take that
What do you think, ladies?
Sevenhours, actually, 1.2 is an ok loss - and it will add up before you know it. Really, it will! Sometimes we just lose slowly for a stretch, then have a bigger loss one week. Hang in there and look at the big picture. You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
So, went for my checkup yesterday and my doctor was very happy with my cholesterol numbers. After starting IP a couple of years ago, I was able to discontinue cholesterol meds, ... (But I will continue to work on getting back to my goal, which puts my BMI just under 25, and also gets me back into my skinny clothes.)
Hi Lizzy! Congrats on your cholesterol! I hear you about wanting to lose those extra few pounds. I know my doc would tell me to stay where I am, but I want to wear the cute clothes I bought when I was at goal or lower. So I'm sticking with my reboot on P1 until I get to my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Flashback time.... DH & I went to a 'Rock n Roll thru the Decades' dance party at a studio and won costume prizes, lol.
Liana, how fun!! I remember those days! Love the picture!

Last edited by joysh; 02-14-2015 at 04:01 PM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #176  

Ladies, you are awesome! Thank you for lifting my hopes and cementing my determination. I was getting a bit disappointed but seeing other examples helps a lot
joyish good luck with your sister - you have tough job ahead of you.
Happy Valentine Day to all of you❤️
Old 02-15-2015, 08:58 AM   #177  
started IP 7/17/2012

Liana - Love that photo. Brings back some memories!

Sevenhours, Joysh - I am down 1.4 today for the week. Slow and steady for me too... Oh well, every little bit helps!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #178  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Liana - Love that photo. Brings back some memories!

Sevenhours, Joysh - I am down 1.4 today for the week. Slow and steady for me too... Oh well, every little bit helps!

Hope you all have a great day!
oooo i bet you are getting excited as you are getting so close to your goal!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #179  
In it for the long haul!

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Best wishes to you and your sister, joysh! We're all sending our support and thoughts for both of you. Now that's some power!!

When I feel a bit discouraged about a low loss week, I try to remember that it would be even lower and slower if I was doing Weight Watchers or any other plan.....and unlike with those other plans.....I am actually doing this one!!! YEA ME!!! It's doesn't always work, but sometimes it does!
shinyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:58 PM   #180  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Ladies, you are awesome! Thank you for lifting my hopes and cementing my determination. I was getting a bit disappointed but seeing other examples helps a lot
joyish good luck with your sister - you have tough job ahead of you.
Happy Valentine Day to all of you❤️
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyjo View Post
Best wishes to you and your sister, joysh! We're all sending our support and thoughts for both of you. Now that's some power!!t:
Thanks Seven and shinyo.

It's an interesting challenge. I'm cooking for us both: I need to get as many calories into my sister as possible. And I'm sticking to P1. So far, so good. A bit stressful overall, but we're doing fine.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote