Old 01-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hahahah, this thread somehow disappeared off my radar... glad it's back! Hi to all the usual suspects Actually experienced a 'night sweat' (well, not really, lol) at about 4 am which for me means I can take my longjohns off and just sleep in my T-shirt & wool socks. This is the life!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:37 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

I have two Rubbermaid 32oz water bottles....one for work and one for home and on the go. I drink one in the morning and one after lunch...about a third of a bottle at a go. I teach music and need to keep hydrated anyway. The water I drink at home before school and after is all bonus. The weekends are harder. I'm a church organist and trapped at the organ so I can't get to the bathroom. LOL! Just have to drink water all afternoon. Hard to do that today because I went to a movie after church and didn't want to go during the movie.
MizBeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 255/242/165

Height: 5'9"

I do the same.....
jbug59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Hi, ladies. Back after being away for a couple of years. Started a reboot Jan. 2 and happy to report down 5 pounds! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:18 PM   #35  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

having a great time back on IP!!! good to be getting in lovely veggies again!
weigh in comes wed. and its been hard not to peek!
still, i just keep saying, just do what you know you need to do
and the scale will take care of itself!

it seems a little easier this time around, since i am working
and yet its harder at the same time. i am an in-home cna and do all the cooking!
so i am around the food all the time that i can't eat.
yet, i stay busy, and that helps pass the time.

dealing with hunger pains at night. tried telling my tummy to be quiet and go to sleep! haha
back to getting up 4-5 times a night is causing a lack of good sleep!
combine that with a snoring hubby and sometimes nights are rough!

all in all though i am doing ok. staying strong

much love everyone and have a fantastic week!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:54 PM   #36  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Such a relief to be past the night sweats & the snoring hubby, although there were some positives to both, as I recall

Rainbow, I remember my coach telling me that I should not be feeling hungry after the first week adjustments & at one point we added a packet and at another point added some extra protein. Is it hunger that's waking you up at night? Or the dreaded bathroom breaks?

Be well, everyone.
westwillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:42 AM   #37  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Rainbow, Westwillow - I love my snoring hubby dearly, but if he didn't sleep in the guest bedroom, I would probably be insane by now. Lack of sleep does not agree with me! And, seems like I read recently that a good night's sleep is helpful to weight loss and maintenance.

Hope all of you FABULOUS ladies have a great day!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #38  

Happy Tuesday, everyone. Rainbow, I'm having those night hunger pains too. This week has been a bit better, but last week, which was the first week of reboot, was a killer. I actually had PAINS in my stomach from hunger....had to keep fighting with myself not to get up and eat something. Ended up making myself a cup of Lemon Zinger or Christmas Cookie Tea from Celestial Seasonings several nights. It helped out quite a bit!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
and yet its harder at the same time. i am an in-home cna and do all the cooking!

dealing with hunger pains at night. tried telling my tummy to be quiet and go to sleep! haha
Ugh...those hunger pangs.

I have some strategies for that that seem to be working for me.

First, my breakfast smoothie puffs up HUGE. I drink a small amt of it (and some coffee) before I leave the house in the morning. I have the rest of is 10-10:30-ish
This pushes lunch later. Couple that with an early dinner and then I can have my snack in the evening (instead of as an after-school snack). If I need something after-school, I've been having veggies with chicken broth.

If I have veggies left in the evening, my snack is often hot chocolate and rhubarb jello. I try to keep a serving of veggies for that snack. One way is to frequently make dinner a giant salad - romaine lettuce & the meat of the day.

This is what "they" have meant all along with eating more frequently. The frequency was never meant to be "meals" but rather smaller snacks.

And, just remember, those people you are caring for will be healthier if they eat healthy too!!!

One of my big things is I drink a bunch of water at nite (proably instead of snacking). So, yes, I'm getting up as well. And my stupid night sweats...ugh...I have an appt with my naturopath to see what they can do about those.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-13-2015 at 09:54 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:33 PM   #40  

Hi All, It's nice to have a group of "older" young women in the ranks! My hubby and I are both in Phase 1, week 8. He, of course has taken off double the weight I have!! This is seriously not a diet to me but a way to show HIM how to eat like I have been trying to for the past several years. I kept sabotaging myself by cooking 2 meals, then getting lazy and just eating his white pastas. No more!!! Yay for me!! Just wanted to say hello and toot my own horn. You all seem so happy with this choice of eating; I think we did the right thing.
Arubanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:27 PM   #41  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwillow View Post
Such a relief to be past the night sweats & the snoring hubby, although there were some positives to both, as I recall

Rainbow, I remember my coach telling me that I should not be feeling hungry after the first week adjustments & at one point we added a packet and at another point added some extra protein. Is it hunger that's waking you up at night? Or the dreaded bathroom breaks?

Be well, everyone.
yes, i try to remind myself of the positives when i have been lying awake for 2 hours!! during the week, i deal with it, because i know how hard he works, but on the weekend, i poke him and wake him up and say STOP SNORING please!!!

its a combination really...all the extra water i drink, gets me up. but its the snoring that WAKES me up, and then the urge hits and i have to get up and go...then i have a hard time going back to sleep due to the snoring and then leg cramps! its a rough cycle but i know it will pass. well, everything exccept the snoring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Rainbow, Westwillow - I love my snoring hubby dearly, but if he didn't sleep in the guest bedroom, I would probably be insane by now. Lack of sleep does not agree with me! And, seems like I read recently that a good night's sleep is helpful to weight loss and maintenance.

Hope all of you FABULOUS ladies have a great day!
we have a guest bed in his home office, and on a rare night, i beg him to go sleep in it, because he gets "offended"!! i mean, seriously, i don't love him any less just because I NEED MY SLEEP TOO!! i wish he would sleep in there all the time, so i could get quality rest, but that doesn't seem like it is going to happen. i would love double master suites with visitation rights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Happy Tuesday, everyone. Rainbow, I'm having those night hunger pains too. This week has been a bit better, but last week, which was the first week of reboot, was a killer. I actually had PAINS in my stomach from hunger....had to keep fighting with myself not to get up and eat something. Ended up making myself a cup of Lemon Zinger or Christmas Cookie Tea from Celestial Seasonings several nights. It helped out quite a bit!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
ooooo hot tea is totally my saving grace on IP!! i drink hot tea every single day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ugh...those hunger pangs.

I have some strategies for that that seem to be working for me.

First, my breakfast smoothie puffs up HUGE. I drink a small amt of it (and some coffee) before I leave the house in the morning. I have the rest of is 10-10:30-ish
This pushes lunch later. Couple that with an early dinner and then I can have my snack in the evening (instead of as an after-school snack). If I need something after-school, I've been having veggies with chicken broth.

If I have veggies left in the evening, my snack is often hot chocolate and rhubarb jello. I try to keep a serving of veggies for that snack. One way is to frequently make dinner a giant salad - romaine lettuce & the meat of the day.

This is what "they" have meant all along with eating more frequently. The frequency was never meant to be "meals" but rather smaller snacks.

And, just remember, those people you are caring for will be healthier if they eat healthy too!!!

One of my big things is I drink a bunch of water at nite (proably instead of snacking). So, yes, I'm getting up as well. And my stupid night sweats...ugh...I have an appt with my naturopath to see what they can do about those.
the night sweats are horrid!! but as ladies its what we endure! sometimes i get frigid cold!! like totally freezing!! and i add a fleece under the top sheet. it takes a long time for me to warm up. then by mid-sleep....i am into a hot flash, and snoring, and leg cramps and not to mention the arthritis!! bwahahaha
i'm a hot mess sometimes!

but mostly, i'm just a HAPPY RAINBOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubanan View Post
Hi All, It's nice to have a group of "older" young women in the ranks! My hubby and I are both in Phase 1, week 8. He, of course has taken off double the weight I have!! This is seriously not a diet to me but a way to show HIM how to eat like I have been trying to for the past several years. I kept sabotaging myself by cooking 2 meals, then getting lazy and just eating his white pastas. No more!!! Yay for me!! Just wanted to say hello and toot my own horn. You all seem so happy with this choice of eating; I think we did the right thing.
i was cooking 2 meals too because hubby refuses to do IP. so then i finally said, listen, i can't do this anymore. i am a food addict! you will have to make your own dishes unless you want to eat what i am having. now, he cooks all his own meals and it has truly made my life easier!
Old 01-13-2015, 08:42 PM   #42  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi 50+ friends! My DD and her hubby and the 3 1/2 year-old (identical) twin girls are coming to visit this weekend. Finally! It's hard to get them to drive the 4 hours so I'm very excited.

Of course, I'll cook for them and for myself, too. And I will stay OP during this visit!

More soon about it!

Happy day, everyone!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:44 PM   #43  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi 50+ friends! My DD and her hubby and the 3 1/2 year-old (identical) twin girls are coming to visit this weekend. Finally! It's hard to get them to drive the 4 hours so I'm very excited.

Of course, I'll cook for them and for myself, too. And I will stay OP during this visit!

More soon about it!

Happy day, everyone!
ooooooooooooo have FUN!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:46 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
having a great time back on IP!!! good to be getting in lovely veggies again!
weigh in comes wed. and its been hard not to peek!
still, i just keep saying, just do what you know you need to do
and the scale will take care of itself!

all in all though i am doing ok. staying strong

much love everyone and have a fantastic week!
Rainbowsmiles,
I am a reformed snorer....we found I have sleep apnea and now use a CPAP machine and no more snoring. For me it is the up and down to the bathroom that interrupts my rest.
I am beginning week 3 and loving this program and the benefits!!!
Have a great week!
kristiekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:27 AM   #45  

Good morning, friends! Happy "Hump Day!" Hope everyone has a great OP day. XOXO