Old 01-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone. Welcome, Franiemae and Happy 50th, Briael! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I had a couple of slip ups....nothing horrible, but off plan a bit - but got right back on the horse this morning. Why is it on the weekends, I have trouble remembering to take my supplements? I leave them sitting out on the counter in plain sight - but next thing I know, it's Sunday night and I haven't taken the first one....menopausal moments, perhaps?
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #77  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Finally made the big 5-0 today and it feels as much of an achievement as losing weight. Ironically, I don't actually feel any different to being 30 - except I'm a lot lighter and don't have the aching lower back and sore legs that I "enjoyed" then. It's great to feel healthier entering this new decade.

I love the Torani SF salted caramel. It makes everything taste great. I am not a big coffee drinker, but add a tsp of this and a vanilla IP drink packet (made up with half the water already) and you get one heavenly coffee!

I hear you on the skin front, too! I've always suffered from breakouts and now love being able to turn my face up to the sun and get a light tan without all the cover-up on my face!
scorpio53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #78  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello old friends, I always ck this thread every now and again because it was such a big help to me in 2012. These days Im doing great! Re lost 60 lbs since Easter and have been maintaining using alternatives. Nice to see you all and for the new peeps, this works!
So good to see you, Yesmyqueen!! Sounds like you are doing a great job on maintenance.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:11 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Very inspirational, Joysh!

Not really having trouble staying on the diet. I seem to have become used to it since starting Dec. 1. Sometimes it seems like I'll never reach my goal, but I'm so glad I'm this far along. Very glad I started Dec. 1 and not AFTER New Year's Day, too!
MizBeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:32 PM   #80  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
dak - I get it now... Did you keep leftovers? Wondering how this would keep for lunch at work? Looks like it might be good cold too.
Sorry, no leftovers, but i think it would be good cold.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #81  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Hello all,

I am maintaining but thinking I would like to lose another ten pounds. I have jiggly bits on my thighs,belly, midriff and of course my underarms. Do you think I should just try and firm it up with exercise, go back to P1 for awhile or go under the knife, which I am the least keen on?
I do not expect to look like I did at 25 but I sag and jiggle a lot. Have any of you experienced this?
I am very thankful to IP and now wear a size four such a difference from January 2014
I want to be able to wear a bathing suit this summer without a giant coverup like I have worn for years. Any suggestions ?
Not so fat anymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #82  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Hello all,

I am maintaining but thinking I would like to lose another ten pounds. I have jiggly bits on my thighs,belly, midriff and of course my underarms. Do you think I should just try and firm it up with exercise, go back to P1 for awhile or go under the knife, which I am the least keen on?
I do not expect to look like I did at 25 but I sag and jiggle a lot. Have any of you experienced this?
I am very thankful to IP and now wear a size four such a difference from January 2014
I want to be able to wear a bathing suit this summer without a giant coverup like I have worn for years. Any suggestions ?
I agree with you that I would not consider surgery - sounds pretty drastic. I figure at 50+, I'm not gonna be sunning by the pool in a bikini. I'd try some toning exercises, and a good one-piece swimsuit that holds everything in!

How long have you been on maintenance? I noticed that it took a while after I reached my goal for things to kind of redistribute.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:32 AM   #83  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Good Morning Everyone! I was on IP a few years ago, was doing really well, lost about 40 lbs, then suddenly quit! No phase off. I had gone on a business trip, 'strayed' with my eating while there, gained a couple of lbs but had every intention of getting back to IP business when I returned......and just could never quite get there. I tried several times, but just could not get my mind into it I guess, wasn't fully committed, so of course, was not successful. I eventually gained everything back. But, I am back now! Day 3 and I am feeling strong and committed! I need to remind myself of favorite go-to recipes and meals and get back in full swing. I look forward to being back with 3FC friends and intend to take full advantage of all the support and knowledge you all share.

Last edited by 3sisters; 01-21-2015 at 07:34 AM.
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:34 AM   #84  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Yes, we can! I haven't been this excited about something in a long while. So ready for Wednesday! I hope my clinic/coach appreciates that I have done my homework on IP and have already started living the low carb life!
frawniemae -- today's the day! Good luck with your initial meeting! For some reason I was very nervous for mine (beginning of December), but that went away pretty quickly when the coaches were so warm and welcoming. I hope you get a good one!

Please let us know how your day goes!!

Lynette
ladelineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:35 AM   #85  
Just Do It, Mom!

What are some favorite recipes/meals - both IP hacks as well as your protein/veggie based meals?
Old 01-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #86  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning Everyone! I was on IP a few years ago, was doing really well, lost about 40 lbs, then suddenly quit! No phase off. I had gone on a business trip, 'strayed' with my eating while there, gained a couple of lbs but had every intention of getting back to IP business when I returned......and just could never quite get there. I tried several times, but just could not get my mind into it I guess, wasn't fully committed, so of course, was not successful. I eventually gained everything back. But, I am back now! Day 3 and I am feeling strong and committed! I need to remind myself of favorite go-to recipes and meals and get back in full swing. I look forward to being back with 3FC friends and intend to take full advantage of all the support and knowledge you all share.
Love your screen name -- I have three sisters too and it looks like we have the same 70 pound goal. So nice to feel we're not alone. Good luck!
ladelineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:21 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
I agree with you that I would not consider surgery - sounds pretty drastic. I figure at 50+, I'm not gonna be sunning by the pool in a bikini. I'd try some toning exercises, and a good one-piece swimsuit that holds everything in!

How long have you been on maintenance? I noticed that it took a while after I reached my goal for things to kind of redistribute.

There is some talk over on the Maintainers thread about the loose skin, tummy tucks, etc. I'm 50+ as well and don't expect to be wowing anyone poolside, but the skin thing really bothers me on my legs and upper arms. About how long did it take for things to "redistribute" for you? I remember Dr. Wilkinson saying in the IP videos it could take anywhere from 6 months to a year! I've only been in Maint. for a month and just started strength and toning exercises so I know I have a way to go.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #88  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Hello all,
I am maintaining but thinking I would like to lose another ten pounds. I have jiggly bits on my thighs,belly, midriff and of course my underarms.
Hi Not so fat! It looks like we have similar stats. When I initially phased off I got down 7 pounds below my goal weight of 125. I was 118 at one point, which was very strange for me! I remained 118-122 for that summer. That's the lowest I've been. I had lost 83 pounds and still had the jiggly upper arms. That never really went away. I exercised and it got a little bit better, but I decided I'd rather have the jiggly arms instead of the extra weight.
I'm now at 138 and working my way down from 146, the highest I've been since losing my weight. It's fine. I've been on P1 for 2 and a half weeks and have already lost 8 pounds. I feel fine and intend to go back to my goal weight - 2-3 pounds.

It's up to you about how you want to approach the jiggles. I've been able to wear a nice new orange bathing suit (size 6-8) and have felt really good about my body in it. As far as the jiggles, I tell my granddaughter, who loves to squish the jiggle, that I'm proud of having it! It means I'm a very wise woman and perhaps when she gets to be my age, she might be wise also! Hahaha.

joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:42 PM   #89  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hello all,

Hey Debby, I hear you on jiggly bits that need firming up. The hardest part of losing weight is that skin will take time to shrink back. This is because of the thin lining of fat cells that remain in the skin. The "correct" way to fix it is by reducing the body fat (this may require you to gain lean weight then focus on losing any excess body fat after you reach your goal weight) so the skin can shrink once more. I was warned that the level and speed of skin shrinkage varies based on your genes, your hydration and your personal body fat percentage.

Before resorting to invasive surgery, consider going to a dermatologist for some truly expert advice on what you can expect from your skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
What are some favorite recipes/meals - both IP hacks as well as your protein/veggie based meals?
I like the crispy cereal and vanilla drink packet mixed and baked (small quantities) in a muffin tray. Makes crunchy base and soft spongy top. Great for dipping in SF syrups.

I love salmon with asparagus. Little lemon pepper on the top before baking.

Chicken poached in the Real Lime squeezy lime bottle juice and some chili powder, served with broccoli and a green salad.

Pork chops fried in olive oil and paprika with some crushed red chilis for heat.

Last edited by Briael; 01-21-2015 at 09:58 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:37 PM   #90  
Just Do It, Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post
Love your screen name -- I have three sisters too and it looks like we have the same 70 pound goal. So nice to feel we're not alone. Good luck!
Thank you! I get inspiration from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
As far as the jiggles, I tell my granddaughter, who loves to squish the jiggle, that I'm proud of having it! It means I'm a very wise woman and perhaps when she gets to be my age, she might be wise also! Hahaha.
Love this!

Quote:
Before resorting to invasive surgery, consider going to a dermatologist for some truly expert advice on what you can expect from your skin.
Very good advice! Can't wait to have that problem! (I know, be careful what you wish for ) But on the other hand, it would be a sign of success!

Quote:
I like the crispy cereal and vanilla drink packet mixed and baked (small quantities) in a muffin tray. Makes crunchy base and soft spongy top. Great for dipping in SF syrups.

I love salmon with asparagus. Little lemon pepper on the top before baking.

Chicken poached in the Real Lime squeezy lime bottle juice and some chili powder, served with broccoli and a green salad.

Pork chops fried in olive oil and paprika with some crushed red chilis for heat.
Great suggestions! Thank you!