Old 07-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

I went to dinner Friday night with friends and while it was easy to say no the the wine at the BYOB, I did ask for a naked salad and got it, but my dry steak was certainly not dry. I should have sent it back, but I didn't. As all my friends at their meals and drank their wine, I ate and worried how much butter sauce my green beans were in and what they basted my steak in. I should have just stood up for myself and sent it back, but I didnt.... I suffered all night. My body was not happy at all. I ate a few tums and spent the night dealing with stomach cramps....Lesson learned ask for what you want and send it back till you get it. My body knows....

I am actually amazed that this is the only program that I have ever been on and I have been on quite a few, that my body is actually at a point where it tells me. Over doing it is not an option.
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:54 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 217.4/150/130

Height: 5'2"

Bummer. Majority of the time we are only going out on weekends for lunch. I am just very picky on where we go and now have started having my IP meal either before we go or right after if we are coming home and I just get a salad at the restuarant/eat whatever 2 cup veggies still need to be had if salad is only a few bites. It's torture somedays seeing what hubby and the daughter have LOL but since this IP thing is working I don't let it get to me to long. If I was struggling at all it would almost be impossible to conquer. WI 4 hours away .... woot!
sdhinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #153  

Had my weigh in and thought I would share end of 5 weeks (last week no measurements). I am really happy!!!!

Weight: 217.4 --> 199 (-18.4)
Hips: 51 --> 44 (-7)
Waist 44 --> 37 (-7)
Leg: 27.5 --> 25 (-2.5)
Arm: 15.5 --> 13.25 (-2.25)
Neck: 15 --> 13 (-2)

Weight lost: 18.4
Total inches lost: 20.75

I will take that!!!
Old 07-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Sdhinds - Wow! Welcome to Onderland! You must be so excited!!

I've been killing it the last couple weeks. Drinking lots and lots of water has made a difference on the scale for me. Lost 3.8 last week and 3lbs today. Leaving for vacation on Wed and I already know that I will not be OP for the next week. This is a vacation planned prior to starting IP and discussed with my coach. I think I could stick with the food portion of my diet but the alcohol will be an issue. Traveling with friends to an all inclusive.

My coach made me feel better telling me life happens but you just reboot and get back on Phase 1right away. Going to try very hard not to go crazy but just letting the thoughts in my head are giving me cravings. Literally had my DH throw food away out of the fridge to aviod eating it (when it hadn't tempted me before).

Worried I will have trouble hopping back on the plan when I've been doing so well. Please keep positive thoughts for me

Last edited by CenTXChk; 07-28-2014 at 09:37 PM.
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:21 AM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhinds View Post
Had my weigh in and thought I would share end of 5 weeks (last week no measurements). I am really happy!!!!

Weight: 217.4 --> 199 (-18.4)
Hips: 51 --> 44 (-7)
Waist 44 --> 37 (-7)
Leg: 27.5 --> 25 (-2.5)
Arm: 15.5 --> 13.25 (-2.25)
Neck: 15 --> 13 (-2)

Weight lost: 18.4
Total inches lost: 20.75

I will take that!!!

That's great your doing awesome! I should chart side by side like that too. Great motivation!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:24 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Sdhinds - Wow! Welcome to Onderland! You must be so excited!!

I've been killing it the last couple weeks. Drinking lots and lots of water has made a difference on the scale for me. Lost 3.8 last week and 3lbs today. Leaving for vacation on Wed and I already know that I will not be OP for the next week. This is a vacation planned prior to starting IP and discussed with my coach. I think I could stick with the food portion of my diet but the alcohol will be an issue. Traveling with friends to an all inclusive.

My coach made me feel better telling me life happens but you just reboot and get back on Phase 1right away. Going to try very hard not to go crazy but just letting the thoughts in my head are giving me cravings. Literally had my DH throw food away out of the fridge to aviod eating it (when it hadn't tempted me before).

Worried I will have trouble hopping back on the plan when I've been doing so well. Please keep positive thoughts for me

Good luck on vacation. I'm leaving in 2 1/2 weeks to Disney with the whole family (19 of us). Only My husband, son and mom know I am on IP. I am packing my packets and will just do my best. The alcohol will tempt me, but I'm going to try to take care of me this vacation.... I'm inspired by all the fantastic results here and I want the same.....
Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #157  

Thanks all! Good luck on your vacations. Luckily I don't go to Florida till December. I should be rockin that bikini right?!? ha. No matter what phase I am in come that time, I plan on going off a little bit but not going crazy. I have heard to that if you eat a lot of foods your not used to getting you will get sick...so take it easy. Allow it to settle etc. before shoving more unhealthy foods back in. That's the last thing we want is to be ill on a vacation. I have a friend who one night had pizza (reg pizza) and it took 4 days before she felt normal again.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhinds View Post
Thanks all! Good luck on your vacations. Luckily I don't go to Florida till December. I should be rockin that bikini right?!? ha. No matter what phase I am in come that time, I plan on going off a little bit but not going crazy. I have heard to that if you eat a lot of foods your not used to getting you will get sick...so take it easy. Allow it to settle etc. before shoving more unhealthy foods back in. That's the last thing we want is to be ill on a vacation. I have a friend who one night had pizza (reg pizza) and it took 4 days before she felt normal again.
Very good point, why wreck your vacation by being bloated and sick? Those high fat/high carb combos can be murder now that your body is used to healthier food. If you have decided to not be 100% OP, then at least don't be 100% in the opposite direction, hahaha. You know the saying, "Pick Your Poison." Don't waste your meals on non-quality fast foods, have good wines, fine cheeses, fresh fruit, etc if you are going off plan.

CAVEAT: YOU DID NOT GET THIS 'non-OP' ADVICE FROM ME!!
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks ladies!

My coach and I were having the same conversation about choosing foods carefully. Only the good stuff. Our fridge was empty so tonight was my first bite not OP in 5wks. I stared at the food and my family stared at me for a good 30 seconds before I took the plunge.

You know what...it wasn't that good. I am just as happy with my veggies and clean eating! I swear IP changed something in my brain. Now thinking of taking my shake for breakfast, having salad and veggies for lunch and a nice dinner. Is it worth spending the money on IP shakes if I know I won't be on plan otherwise? A complete waste of money??

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:44 AM   #160  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Thanks ladies!

My coach and I were having the same conversation about choosing foods carefully. Only the good stuff. Our fridge was empty so tonight was my first bite not OP in 5wks. I stared at the food and my family stared at me for a good 30 seconds before I took the plunge.

You know what...it wasn't that good. I am just as happy with my veggies and clean eating! I swear IP changed something in my brain. Now thinking of taking my shake for breakfast, having salad and veggies for lunch and a nice dinner. Is it worth spending the money on IP shakes if I know I won't be on plan otherwise? A complete waste of money??

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!
I think it was 65 who posted some great info on staying OP while at an all inclusive. Let me see if I can find that for you and bump it.

ETA: Bumped up the Mexico thread for you.

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 07-30-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning all..

I just realized I fit into this category..

Regarding vacation.. when I went away for a few days I stayed OP for breakfast and lunch and relaxed a little for supper and and the odd snack when my family were playing games (I really wanted a drink!). Since I only strayed a bit I only gained one pound. When I came back and went back on plan I lost 2 within a couple of days. So in the long run I didn't feel deprived or sick and enjoyed myself but didn't go crazy. If you can balance it you may come back pleasantly surprised especially if you are doing a bunch of walking on your trip. But that depends on you. If it will trigger you to eat a ton if you eat one thing off plan then I would stay 100%. I guess you have to be in tune with what you and your body can handle.
Sheena1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:21 AM   #162  

I just came back from a couple of weeks taking care of my father after surgery and a planned vacation. My family was very supportive...except for my Down syndrome brother who suggested I have lettuce pancakes! He's very funny. Any way, I enjoyed cooking for my family and didn't even crave what they were eating. I did miss out on the big family breakfasts and eating ice cream at the local stand. However, I still joined in with the conversation and enjoyed the company. I snacked on lots of peppers during happy hour and sipped on flavored seltzers. Put the seltzer in fun glasses. If anything, I didn't eat enough but never ate anything I shouldn't. Even with the stress of my father's illness and vacation, I lost 9 pounds in about 2.5 weeks. If I can do it, I know you all can too. Good luck and enjoy your vacations! Enjoy the company, sights and your new, healthier you.
Proud Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:22 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

I just read 65x65's post on the Mexico thread. Listen to her not me!! Haha! They are great tips!
Sheena1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #164  

Only had IP chicken noodle soup and 1 cup of cauliflower for lunch today. I am extremely full so I can't eat anymore. So with that, thinking of creating a huge chef salad tonight for dinner. Anyone have a favorite they like to share? I can't eat turkey. so can't add that. Highly allergic to it. I know..odd! and I miss it!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #165  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Had my WI past Friday. Lost only 1.4lbs. But that was with a full day of cheating at a family feast. I just gave in like a junkie!!!! Picking up the pieces and getting back on track. Hope everyone is OP and stays strong. Xxx

Last edited by Bull; 08-03-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote