Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: "Lost enough, compared to whom?" Made me smile. I have been really taking peoples comments about me getting to thin to heart lately. I personally don't think I am too thin, I still have lots to lose in the middle. So I will keep plugging along until I reach 145lbs then decide for sure. I hate second guessing myself. Glad you are enjoying P3, I was wondering if you were liking it any better then P2. I am looking forward to the breakfasts of P3!

Kooky: Take notes on the P4 session and pass them on. Maybe you can ask about your acne and digestive issues there, might get some answers and put your mind at ease about them.

Schenectady: Good for you for getting yourself to the gym, glad you found one that fits you. Keep looking for a summer dress, there is one that suits us all!!

Jemma51: Glad you are back, keep going, don't stop.

Feeling tired today, and could just keep eating, haven't, but could. Not a good combo. Early to bed for me, hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
Slip: "Lost enough, compared to whom?" Made me smile. I have been really taking peoples comments about me getting to thin to heart lately. I personally don't think I am too thin, I still have lots to lose in the middle. So I will keep plugging along until I reach 145lbs then decide for sure. I hate second guessing myself. Glad you are enjoying P3, I was wondering if you were liking it any better then P2. I am looking forward to the breakfasts of P3!

Kooky: Take notes on the P4 session and pass them on. Maybe you can ask about your acne and digestive issues there, might get some answers and put your mind at ease about them.

Schenectady: Good for you for getting yourself to the gym, glad you found one that fits you. Keep looking for a summer dress, there is one that suits us all!!

Jemma51: Glad you are back, keep going, don't stop.

Feeling tired today, and could just keep eating, haven't, but could. Not a good combo. Early to bed for me, hopefully tomorrow will be better.
I just watched an IP video that talked about acne. It said that we store hormones in our fat and when we burn that fat the hormones can come out in the form of acne. It also said that women who are pre menopausal may start having TOM again.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

I definately notice digestive issues if I have too many carbs, definately gas! hee hee So, I am learning how much I can handle. Its mostly the bad carbs I've come to realize so thats a positive as it'll help me stay away from them! And I'm getting pimples at that time of the month which must be hormones which isn't fair when I'm this age.(in my 40's). But, while I was following P1, my skin definately got better. I think being off of sugar really helped and drinking lots of water. And I don't love my arms either. I've been going to the gym and its helping but certainly not perfect. I have to say though that the gym is definately helping me tone all over. I felt so jigilly when I started maintenance. Its much better now, always a work in progress!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

People say stupid stuff about weight loss. Either you looked so bad before that they do not even recognize you now! Or "you are just disappearing!" Or "Now you are as beautiful on the outside as you have always been on the inside." Personal fav.: "You look so much better. You just looked like someone stuck a pin in you and blew you up! You had a 1/4 inch of fat on your forehead."

Then you hit the stage of too thin comments: "You just do not look healthy." You look extremely thin, it is time for you to stop" "You have lost too much, too quickly." "When are you going to stop losing weight?"

I could go on and on.... Most of the time, I accept that the person's intention is good. But a bunch of too thin comments this week makes me think that I do not look good. Who wants to even entertain that thought after all this hard work! I am amazed by the lack of verbal boundaries. The people making these comments are not family or even close friends! It is a good thing that I have never lacked self confidence or self determination. I do things my way , so the comments are just annoying
Old 06-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #35  

Schenectady,

You may be right. As much as this weight loss is very public visually, I wish people would realize and respect that it is a very personal, private and vulnerable journey too.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Still here.. spent the night catching up from the last time I posted/read the May thread. I LOVE that even though I haven't been following along with everyone online here, the support is still there for me when I come back. In reading through things, I saw this, and it was exactly what I needed. Slipfree, I commend you for keeping this close knit group together.. thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Here's my stats:

Height: 5' 6.5" Start Weight: 395.4 Current Weight: 259.4

Sizes in Oct. Sizes in June

Jeans: 34 Jeans: 18/20

Dress: 32 Dress: 18

Capris:Couldn't get them Capris: 20

Tops: 4x Tops: large (12/14)

Bra: 50DDD Bra: 36HH

Shoe: 13 Shoe: 11
Old 06-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #37  

Hi Kawaii, glad to see you here! Oct. Newbies is a huge part of my IP journey. Would not have made it without all of you.

Kooky, the garden is getting there. The Siberian Iris are all blooming right now. It takes a lot of work, but I feel better for it. Working outside grounds my spirit and relieves my stress. But, I hate getting so dirty! Glad that you are going to the maintenance seminar, we can compare notes.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #38  

Hawaii: I think you are right, maybe we should always think of our bodies a work in progress. Losing weight, maintaining, toning, all a work in progress.

Slip: I think you need to hang around with new people! I have had a few rude comments but yours are over the top. Try to take satisfaction in knowing how great you look now, they are just jealous.

Schenectady: I think you are right about some people not knowing what/how to say anything about our weight loss. I had someone tell me that she wanted to say something when she first saw me but wasn't sure she should, then saw me the next day and said "if I lost all that weight I would want someone to comment on it" so she did comment.

Kawaii: Your stats are amazing. And of course we will all be here for support for you, when and if you need us. I have been missing you.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #39  

Want2b, mainly these comments have come from people at work. As I said, their intentions are good, but the delivery could use some work. The forehead comment was from my Aunt on Christmas Eve. She has always been thoughtless about overweight people and then she added wine! Lol. I am happy with my body and size. Life is pretty good
Old 06-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

schenectady- I'm glad you found a gym you like. Hopefully as your skin gets a chance to adjust to your weight loss, it will rebound better, but exercise will definitely help. Good job at getting yourself to the gym though! I haven't done that and need to. I completely agree with you about the root of weird or rude comments from others. I do think some comments are just from social awkwardness and some are from the person's own insecurities about their weight and health. Some of the comments are very positive, but others I've gotten have upset me- like when my coworker asked me if I was ashamed selling my larger (pre-weight loss) clothing on eBay. That made me really angry because he was implying that I should have been ashamed of myself at that weight.

Want2B- I will take notes and share good ideas from the workshop.

Kellyc14- I think hormones definitely have played a part in my acne. The acne actually started in my late 20's when I was eating a lot of junk food and putting on the weight but I used to always break out before my TOM. It's pretty amazing with IP in the last few months that my breakouts have almost gone away. I'm going to watch how my skin reacts to different types of foods. Hopefully when I phase off and my weight stabilizes, the hormones won't be going as crazy.

Hawaii- I agree that sugar could be one of the major components of why I used to break out so much. I'm not going to go back to eating sweets regularly (same with processes/refined carbs), so I hope my skin stays clear. I think the water helps too because it's replaced the sugary Starbucks drinks and diet sodas I used to drink a lot. I'm glad you're seeing results at the gym. That's great that you're continuing to see positive changes in your body in maintenance.

Slipfree- I'm sorry that youve had to deal with such negative people lately. I agree with Schenectady that the comments come from social awkwardness or insecurity, but people Aldo have the option of SAYING NOTHING! What an idea, huh?! You look beautiful and healthy. I hope these people leave you alone. Once they get used to you at your new weight, hopefully the comments will stop. My IP coach said on P3 & 4, you'll get a little more volume back to your face, so maybe that will keep the wolves at bay. I agree that it is a very personal journey and most people don't get it. We're here for you and understand how personal and difficult the journey is, so feel free to vent to us.

Jemma- Glad you're back! I hope IP works out for you this time around.

Kawaii- Great to see you back! Comgratulations on your phenomenal results! How are you and your daughter doing? I miss hearing from you.

I have my WI this morning. One more week on P1. I am looking forward to going to the maintenance workshop tonight because P4 sounds really abstract at this point.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

So, short short version.. I'm doing relatively well.. got the results of my cardiac test (they came back normal), but there is definitely something wrong... Doctor is doing more tests to test adrenal function. Since the ticker isn't the issue, she thinks that the BP may be the reason why I've been having heart palpitations. My BP runs around 85/55 lately, and this leaves me feeling wiped out. I hate it. It's so utterly frustrating that I thought losing weight was going to make me feel better (and I'm talking purely physical better, NOT psychologically better. I know weight loss isn't some magic panacea that makes everything better and you're suddenly happy and sunshine, puppies, and kittens). Doc also wants to send me to see a cardiologist just to be safe since my resting heart rate has been really slow too (average of 54bpm).

Gwennie is doing much better.. she had a couple weeks of emotional ups and downs, and some issues with frustration where she couldn't find the words she was looking for, but she seems to be recovered! Doc told us to keep an eye on her since this time is a huge transitional point for her.

I had a few realizations yesterday when updating my stats... I'm now in double digits for weight loss.. not triple digits.. first time in over 20 years that I haven't had HUNDREDS of pounds to lose. Typing this has made me incredibly emotional, I cry all the time now lol! I'm 12 pounds away from losing the "morbidly obese" diagnosis off my medical record. I've been morbidly obese since I was 8 years old. 30 years is enough. I'm ready to be healthy and live my life, a smaller, more well adjusted, and happier me.

I could complain about the physical stuff, but there's so much to be thankful for. This group is one of those thankful things. While I know Slipfree IRL, I feel like this thread has allowed ALL of us to become friends. Thank you.

Oh! One other exciting, kinda neat thing.. I'm 20lbs away from being "the biggest loser" at the clinic I go to, and my coach asked me if I'd be willing to have my data posted up at the seminar and if I'd be willing to talk at the seminars when I get to my first goal.

I'm 1 point away from being at a healthy viceral fat level, and I FINALLY can see yellow on my body fat scale (according to the printouts that we get at our center).

Last edited by Kawaii1002; 06-04-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #42  

Kawaii: So glad Gwennie is better. Sorry you are still looking for answers for you. It is frustrating to lose this weight and then have health issues, but you are on the right path, keep going to the Dr's and staying OP. You have so many happy things in your post today, made me really smile. Glad you are back.

Kooky: How did the WI go? One more week of P1! Exciting. So happy for you.

Had my WI today, stayed the same. A little bit surprised since I have been op all week. Not depressed about it, which is a good thing, progress in that respect. Hoping for a big loss next week.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #43  

Hi everyone,

Kawaii, exciting news about the Biggest Loser!

Kooky, phase 4 workshop tomorrow. We can compare notes.

Hiker- hope your trip is going well!

Hi Steph- how is the couch to 5k going?

Want2b- glad that you are not depressed. I have had lots of weeks like that. The body will respond in it's own time. Just keep on, keeping on.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Kawaii- I'm sorry the health issues are persisting. That must be beyond frustrating after expecting better health from the significant weight loss. I hope they figure out what's going on with your heart and BP soon. I'm glad you've got the positive news that your daughter is better and you're close to being the biggest loser. Congratulations on the accomplishment! It takes a lot to stay OP when you're going through so much.

My weigh in was pretty good. I lost 2.6 lbs and some inches. According to the bio impedance scale, my body fat is still 40% or something like that but my visceral fat is low and BMI is almost normal. I am happy with how my body is shaping up and never dreamed I'd get to this point, so I'm not going to let the body fat % bug me. I should be able to lose 5-10 more lbs prior to maintenance which would be great. My coach said to not eat restricteds this week if I want a final push and lose more prior to phasing off. She said to have Orange Drink or one of the lowest carb drinks instead of a restricted or 1-2 HB eggs.

Unfortunately my doctor called off the workshop at the last minute. I'm kind of glad he cancelled because work is really wearing me out lately. My neck, back, a food head hurt daily from stress and I am not sure what else. I'm in my pjs eating dinner and getting ready to catch up on some TV. He's supposed to reschedule the workshop soon. They're reorganizing the clinic where I go and making lots of changes, so things are kind if hectic there right now. It's also kind of annoying because it's during my last month and I'm not really guaranteed to be able to stay on the same WI schedule or keep the same coach. I hope it works out that I do.

Want2B- Maybe you put on some muscle this week. I'm sure you're getting more exercise camping and with the warmer weather. Your body might be holding on to some water. Hopefully you'll get a nice loss next week.

Last edited by KookySuki; 06-04-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #45  

Good morning October Newbies! Hope everyone has an excellent day.

Kooky: Nice WI this week. It's great all your numbers are down and you are looking at the overall picture and not getting stuck on the body fat %. I too never thought I would get to this part, and I am starting to realize I look good, still hard to get my head around that. I think my brain and body image I have for myself is slowly catching up with my weight loss.
Closed Thread