Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

As of today, I am officially just "overweight" and not obese!!!

Last edited by murphypuppy; 05-08-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #92  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone.
I had my 3rd weigh in this morning and I lost 5lbs. That makes 14 lbs in 3 weeks WOW! I never thought it was possible to lose this much weight and not feel like I am starving!! Thanks to all the great tips and information shared here it has been really easy.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #93  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
That & your body will be concentrating on healing and not on losing weight (slightly simplified of course) so you may not see much happen for a bit depending on the injury.

Liana
Ugh! I was afraid someone would say that! Thanks for your reply.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #94  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Congrats! I am looking forward to saying that someday!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #95  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
How exciting!!!! GOOD JOB
Old 05-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 3

So, talked to the coach again about not really wanting to be off IP during recovery from breast reduction. He caved a little bit and said that Phase 3 would be alright.

So, since I haven't gone through Phase 3 (although I did read the attached sheet in the stickies section), what are your thoughts? I really want to avoid putting what I have taken off right back on during that bed rest phase. Will Phase 3 be low calorie/carb enough to prevent that while I'm on bed rest?

I'm supposed to start Phase 2 next week and then by the time surgery gets here, I'll be on Phase 3.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #97  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
....aack! I had an extremely busy day yesterday and realized I ate two restricted packets instead of one. Will this throw me off? Should I skip a restricted today?
Bump
Old 05-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 260/248/185

Height: 6' 1"

Hello All,

I am on day 10 and down 12lbs; at my first weigh in since beginning I was down 9lbs and lost a total of 4 1/2 inches!

I am really enjoying the diet - it seems easy, I don't have issues with hunger, and I have already had a few comments from others asking what I have been doing....

Thanks for the all the posts - this site is great for learning!

IPColorado
Old 05-08-2014, 03:48 PM   #99  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
So, talked to the coach again about not really wanting to be off IP during recovery from breast reduction. He caved a little bit and said that Phase 3 would be alright.

So, since I haven't gone through Phase 3 (although I did read the attached sheet in the stickies section), what are your thoughts? I really want to avoid putting what I have taken off right back on during that bed rest phase. Will Phase 3 be low calorie/carb enough to prevent that while I'm on bed rest?

I'm supposed to start Phase 2 next week and then by the time surgery gets here, I'll be on Phase 3.
Not to be rude or add to your stress or anything - but why is your coach dictating whether you are on IP or not before/during/after your surgery? What does your doctor say?
Old 05-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #100  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
....aack! I had an extremely busy day yesterday and realized I ate two restricted packets instead of one. Will this throw me off? Should I skip a restricted today?
No panicking allowed! I would skip the restricted today, eat the lower carb veggies and drink lots of water. I doubt you got enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis though - kind of depends on how many carbs you got from other sources.

Hang in there, you'll be fine!
Old 05-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Not to be rude or add to your stress or anything - but why is your coach dictating whether you are on IP or not before/during/after your surgery? What does your doctor say?
^^^ THIS ^^^^

Quote:
No panicking allowed! I would skip the restricted today, eat the lower carb veggies and drink lots of water. I doubt you got enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis though - kind of depends on how many carbs you got from other sources.

and ^^^ THIS ^^^

Liana
Old 05-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #102  
Evemomma

Quote:

Ok thanks! i had a salad of cabbage (red/white) cauliflower, with just a few pickles and yellow peppers. I think o read broccoli/colored peppers are higher carbs. What veggies are low? I will do 3 unrestricteds today! I had such a rough morning...put coffee in pot without filter, forgot about vet appnt for my dog, forgot to pack lunches for my kids - migraines STINK!!!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #103  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Ok thanks! i had a salad of cabbage (red/white) cauliflower, with just a few pickles and yellow peppers. I think o read broccoli/colored peppers are higher carbs. What veggies are low? I will do 3 unrestricteds today! I had such a rough morning...put coffee in pot without filter, forgot about vet appnt for my dog, forgot to pack lunches for my kids - migraines STINK!!!!!
So sorry about your migraine - they are awful!

Celery, cucumbers, pickles, etc. are all pretty low carb
Old 05-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Quote:
To find out Nutrition info you can go to www.nutritiondata.self.com and plug in any food you can think of - most of them are there and will give you the breakdown of nutrients just like on the side of a prepared food box. Just watch the serving/measurement size to make sure you have the correct amounts.

1/2 cup chopped broccoli cooked (boiled) is 6g minus 3g fiber so 3g NET carb.

1 cup chopped (quite a bit of pepper) sweet red pepper raw is 9 g carb minus 3g fiber so 6 g NET carb.
Sweet green raw is 7g minus 3.

Just remember that red peppers have 50% more vitamin C than green and other nutrients that come from that red/orange colour group of veggies - and we aren't using carrots or orange squashes - keep the nutrients in mind too.

Liana
Old 05-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #105  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
To find out Nutrition info you can go to www.nutritiondata.self.com and plug in any food you can think of - most of them are there and will give you the breakdown of nutrients just like on the side of a prepared food box. Just watch the serving/measurement size to make sure you have the correct amounts.

1/2 cup chopped broccoli cooked (boiled) is 6g minus 3g fiber so 3g NET carb.

1 cup chopped (quite a bit of pepper) sweet red pepper raw is 9 g carb minus 3g fiber so 6 g NET carb.
Sweet green raw is 7g minus 3.

Just remember that red peppers have 50% more vitamin C than green and other nutrients that come from that red/orange colour group of veggies - and we aren't using carrots or orange squashes - keep the nutrients in mind too.

Liana
Thanks Liana! I am usually a colored pepper GURU! They are my treat!!! But today will use them sparingly. Luckily...have lots of other options.
Closed Thread