Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #91  
Senior Member
 
murphypuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 187

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default

As of today, I am officially just "overweight" and not obese!!!

Last edited by murphypuppy; 05-08-2014 at 12:38 PM.
murphypuppy is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #92  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 105

Height: 5'7"

Default

Hello Everyone.
I had my 3rd weigh in this morning and I lost 5lbs. That makes 14 lbs in 3 weeks WOW! I never thought it was possible to lose this much weight and not feel like I am starving!! Thanks to all the great tips and information shared here it has been really easy.
NaeNae2113 is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #93  
Member-started IP 3/15/14
 
SophieLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 106

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
That & your body will be concentrating on healing and not on losing weight (slightly simplified of course) so you may not see much happen for a bit depending on the injury.

Liana
Ugh! I was afraid someone would say that! Thanks for your reply.
SophieLT is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #94  
Member-started IP 3/15/14
 
SophieLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 106

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
As of today, I am officially just "overweight" and not obese!!!
Congrats! I am looking forward to saying that someday!
SophieLT is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #95  
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 634

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
As of today, I am officially just "overweight" and not obese!!!
How exciting!!!! GOOD JOB
AmberLS is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #96  
Member
 
JSorrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 46

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Phase 3

So, talked to the coach again about not really wanting to be off IP during recovery from breast reduction. He caved a little bit and said that Phase 3 would be alright.

So, since I haven't gone through Phase 3 (although I did read the attached sheet in the stickies section), what are your thoughts? I really want to avoid putting what I have taken off right back on during that bed rest phase. Will Phase 3 be low calorie/carb enough to prevent that while I'm on bed rest?

I'm supposed to start Phase 2 next week and then by the time surgery gets here, I'll be on Phase 3.
JSorrell is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #97  
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 842

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
....aack! I had an extremely busy day yesterday and realized I ate two restricted packets instead of one. Will this throw me off? Should I skip a restricted today?
Bump
evemomma is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #98  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9

S/C/G: 260/248/185

Height: 6' 1"

Default

Hello All,

I am on day 10 and down 12lbs; at my first weigh in since beginning I was down 9lbs and lost a total of 4 1/2 inches!

I am really enjoying the diet - it seems easy, I don't have issues with hunger, and I have already had a few comments from others asking what I have been doing....

Thanks for the all the posts - this site is great for learning!

IPColorado
IPColorado is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 03:48 PM   #99  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
So, talked to the coach again about not really wanting to be off IP during recovery from breast reduction. He caved a little bit and said that Phase 3 would be alright.

So, since I haven't gone through Phase 3 (although I did read the attached sheet in the stickies section), what are your thoughts? I really want to avoid putting what I have taken off right back on during that bed rest phase. Will Phase 3 be low calorie/carb enough to prevent that while I'm on bed rest?

I'm supposed to start Phase 2 next week and then by the time surgery gets here, I'll be on Phase 3.
Not to be rude or add to your stress or anything - but why is your coach dictating whether you are on IP or not before/during/after your surgery? What does your doctor say?
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #100  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
....aack! I had an extremely busy day yesterday and realized I ate two restricted packets instead of one. Will this throw me off? Should I skip a restricted today?
No panicking allowed! I would skip the restricted today, eat the lower carb veggies and drink lots of water. I doubt you got enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis though - kind of depends on how many carbs you got from other sources.

Hang in there, you'll be fine!
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #101  
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,427

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Not to be rude or add to your stress or anything - but why is your coach dictating whether you are on IP or not before/during/after your surgery? What does your doctor say?
^^^ THIS ^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
No panicking allowed! I would skip the restricted today, eat the lower carb veggies and drink lots of water. I doubt you got enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis though - kind of depends on how many carbs you got from other sources.

Hang in there, you'll be fine!
and ^^^ THIS ^^^

Liana
canadjineh is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #102  
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 842

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
No panicking allowed! I would skip the restricted today, eat the lower carb veggies and drink lots of water. I doubt you got enough carbs to kick you out of ketosis though - kind of depends on how many carbs you got from other sources.

Hang in there, you'll be fine!
Ok thanks! i had a salad of cabbage (red/white) cauliflower, with just a few pickles and yellow peppers. I think o read broccoli/colored peppers are higher carbs. What veggies are low? I will do 3 unrestricteds today! I had such a rough morning...put coffee in pot without filter, forgot about vet appnt for my dog, forgot to pack lunches for my kids - migraines STINK!!!!!
evemomma is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #103  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Ok thanks! i had a salad of cabbage (red/white) cauliflower, with just a few pickles and yellow peppers. I think o read broccoli/colored peppers are higher carbs. What veggies are low? I will do 3 unrestricteds today! I had such a rough morning...put coffee in pot without filter, forgot about vet appnt for my dog, forgot to pack lunches for my kids - migraines STINK!!!!!
So sorry about your migraine - they are awful!

Celery, cucumbers, pickles, etc. are all pretty low carb
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #104  
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,427

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Ok thanks! i had a salad of cabbage (red/white) cauliflower, with just a few pickles and yellow peppers. I think o read broccoli/colored peppers are higher carbs. What veggies are low? I will do 3 unrestricteds today! I had such a rough morning...put coffee in pot without filter, forgot about vet appnt for my dog, forgot to pack lunches for my kids - migraines STINK!!!!!
To find out Nutrition info you can go to www.nutritiondata.self.com and plug in any food you can think of - most of them are there and will give you the breakdown of nutrients just like on the side of a prepared food box. Just watch the serving/measurement size to make sure you have the correct amounts.

1/2 cup chopped broccoli cooked (boiled) is 6g minus 3g fiber so 3g NET carb.

1 cup chopped (quite a bit of pepper) sweet red pepper raw is 9 g carb minus 3g fiber so 6 g NET carb.
Sweet green raw is 7g minus 3.

Just remember that red peppers have 50% more vitamin C than green and other nutrients that come from that red/orange colour group of veggies - and we aren't using carrots or orange squashes - keep the nutrients in mind too.

Liana
canadjineh is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #105  
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 842

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
To find out Nutrition info you can go to www.nutritiondata.self.com and plug in any food you can think of - most of them are there and will give you the breakdown of nutrients just like on the side of a prepared food box. Just watch the serving/measurement size to make sure you have the correct amounts.

1/2 cup chopped broccoli cooked (boiled) is 6g minus 3g fiber so 3g NET carb.

1 cup chopped (quite a bit of pepper) sweet red pepper raw is 9 g carb minus 3g fiber so 6 g NET carb.
Sweet green raw is 7g minus 3.

Just remember that red peppers have 50% more vitamin C than green and other nutrients that come from that red/orange colour group of veggies - and we aren't using carrots or orange squashes - keep the nutrients in mind too.

Liana
Thanks Liana! I am usually a colored pepper GURU! They are my treat!!! But today will use them sparingly. Luckily...have lots of other options.
evemomma is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.