Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #106  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,213

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaschick0925 View Post
I've read that you can have sugar free jello as a snack while you're on phase one.....is this correct? Just wondering......
Awhile back someone was quite ill with a stomach flu and asked about SF Jello. I used Hunts Snack Pack SF jello which is sweetened with Splenda when prepping for my colonoscopy. I shared that as she was having a hard time keeping any type of IP food down.

So it does exist without Aspartame, but is not on the P1 sheet! Might be a great option for maintenance!

Last edited by JLUS; 05-08-2014 at 06:12 PM.
JLUS is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #107  
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 634

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

I eat the mini sweet bell peppers almost every day I love them.
AmberLS is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #108  
IP Start 04/29/2014
 
dtbutler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 31

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
As of today, I am officially just "overweight" and not obese!!!
Congrats, keep up the great work!!!!
dtbutler4 is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 06:25 PM   #109  
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 634

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Awhile back someone was quite ill with a stomach flu and asked about SF Jello. I used Hunts Snack Pack SF jello which is sweetened with Splenda when prepping for my colonoscopy. I shared that as she was having a hard time keeping any type of IP food down.

So it does exist without Aspartame, but is not on the P1 sheet! Might be a great option for maintenance!
I was the one who was ill. I ate the snack packs then and had no problems. My coach said they were a great choice while I was sick, however they are not 0-0-0 they all have calories so they are not allowed all the time.
AmberLS is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #110  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,213

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I was the one who was ill. I ate the snack packs then and had no problems. My coach said they were a great choice while I was sick, however they are not 0-0-0 they all have calories so they are not allowed all the time.
That's right... I remember it was you!

FYI - 0/0/0 refers to 0 fat/0carb/ 0 sugar... The item can have calories... But with 0 on everything else, it won't ever have many calories!

The Hunts SF jello had 10 cals but also 2 carbs so technically a no no for the norm!
JLUS is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #111  
Member
 
JSorrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 46

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Not to be rude or add to your stress or anything - but why is your coach dictating whether you are on IP or not before/during/after your surgery? What does your doctor say?
I haven't checked with the surgeon yet...won't be seeing him until June. I suppose I could call and see if the nurse will check on the matter.
JSorrell is offline  
Old 05-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #112  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
I haven't checked with the surgeon yet...won't be seeing him until June. I suppose I could call and see if the nurse will check on the matter.
I really think you should. In my limited experience, there were no downsides to staying OP through surgery and recovery. My surgeon was fine with it, yours may not be. My coach (who is an RN) said she didn't think it would be an issue but to check with the surgeon. And the surgeon may think it's a good idea to phase off, but he/she is really the one who should be making the decision.

We'll be rooting for you while you're going through this!
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #113  
Senior Member
 
Fearciuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 166

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
As of today, I am officially just "overweight" and not obese!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Hello Everyone.
I had my 3rd weigh in this morning and I lost 5lbs. That makes 14 lbs in 3 weeks WOW! I never thought it was possible to lose this much weight and not feel like I am starving!! Thanks to all the great tips and information shared here it has been really easy.
Congrats!
Fearciuil is offline  
Old 05-09-2014, 06:16 AM   #114  
Started IP 4/19/14
 
mainemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 170

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Default

Week three weigh in, down another 2.8 lbs! That's a total of 18lb, 17 lb since starting IP on 4/19/14! (Pretty awesome, since it took almost a month of Weight Watchers to lose that first pound!)

I am mentally preparing myself for some slow loss weeks ahead - my body has to catch up at some point, right? I am sure I won't lose so quickly through the entire program.
mainemum is offline  
Old 05-09-2014, 07:24 AM   #115  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14
 
ChipnDip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 764

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Default

I have a potluck at work today. It's good though as it is usually catered pizza and I was dreading having to come up with an excuse why I wasn't eating it. This entire group are filled with young skinny Minnie's!

I decided to bring a coleslaw so it could cover my veggie requirement. I was pressed for time so I bought a bag of slaw and just picked out all the carrots I wonder if anyone will notice??

I think this is the biggest challenge I have faced so far. 12 weeks in and I am confident I will stay OP. Four more events this month that will pose a bigger challenge so this is good practice.
ChipnDip is offline  
Old 05-09-2014, 08:39 AM   #116  
Started IP 2/13/13
 
SylviesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mid-Atlantic Region
Posts: 589

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I have a potluck at work today. It's good though as it is usually catered pizza and I was dreading having to come up with an excuse why I wasn't eating it. This entire group are filled with young skinny Minnie's!

I decided to bring a coleslaw so it could cover my veggie requirement. I was pressed for time so I bought a bag of slaw and just picked out all the carrots I wonder if anyone will notice??

I think this is the biggest challenge I have faced so far. 12 weeks in and I am confident I will stay OP. Four more events this month that will pose a bigger challenge so this is good practice.
You have a great plan to get through this one. Go get 'em!
SylviesGirl is offline  
Old 05-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #117  
Junior Member
 
Deepblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 17

S/C/G: 200/194/150

Height: 5'5

Default TOM twice!

Has anyone here experienced having the TOM twice at the beginning? I was thinking it might have something to do....
Deepblue is offline  
Old 05-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #118  
Member-started IP 3/15/14
 
SophieLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 106

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I have a potluck at work today. It's good though as it is usually catered pizza and I was dreading having to come up with an excuse why I wasn't eating it. This entire group are filled with young skinny Minnie's!

I decided to bring a coleslaw so it could cover my veggie requirement. I was pressed for time so I bought a bag of slaw and just picked out all the carrots I wonder if anyone will notice??

I think this is the biggest challenge I have faced so far. 12 weeks in and I am confident I will stay OP. Four more events this month that will pose a bigger challenge so this is good practice.
I have found that if I just tell people I'm on a low carb, low sugar diet they say ok and don't think a thing about it. I think most people who are trying to lose weight (myself included) think it's going to be a big deal but in reality, no one really cares what or if you eat something. Good luck, I'm sure you will do great!
SophieLT is offline  
Old 05-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #119  
Started IP 4/19/14
 
mainemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 170

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
Has anyone here experienced having the TOM twice at the beginning? I was thinking it might have something to do....
I have not had it happen, but I read that it is not uncommon. Your body has estrogen stored in the fat cells, and so your hormones can be off kilter as you burn the fat. Still worth mentioning to your coach, and perhaps your OB if it continues.
mainemum is offline  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #120  
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 3,427

S/C/G: 163/141/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 54 yrs old

Default

Hi deepblue: mainemom knows the story - I had a weird TOM - came early for me when I first started but back to normal fairly quickly (although I did not have a lot of weight to lose...other gals with more to lose - more estrogen stored in fat being released, may have TOM more often.) Talk to the coach and if it does go on, get the OB/Gyn to check things out.

Hang in there (and always travel prepared )

Liana

BTW, good planning with the coleslaw Chipndip! take a packet of something IP with you to eat with your coleslaw and you are a winner!

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-09-2014 at 12:45 PM.
canadjineh is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.