Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/135/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 53 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good for you! I have sooooo much energy, too. So much of my bad eating was trying to quivk fix fatigue. Now i know how much worse i was making it!I am originally from Ft. Wayne...my brother-in-law lives in Indy.

Fun find: I put my raspberry jelly in freezer and found that, once it was slightly frozen, it's a lot like gelato...
very smooth and creamy. Yum! I also put sea salt on my chocolate pudding...sort of a version of salted caramel.
I had to re-read this as I thought at first you meant the mock jam from WF, lol. Couldn't figure out how it might taste as 'gelato.' doh!

I used to add sea salt to my Dark Chocolate pudding, sometimes a whole tsp of cinnamon, sometimes a big dollop of WF Peanut Spread, and sometimes a dash of chili powder for Mayan xocolatl

4 different versions for a bit more variety...

Liana
Old 05-05-2014, 01:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/215/135

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning all!
I am a total newbie to everything IP! But I have been researching and reading and reading everything from this board and I THINK I have my head wrapped around it all! I have an order sitting in my cart at nashuanutrition since I plan to follow the alternative program only. I reviewed my choices then deleted some due to them being super restricted I dont want to start off with too much that I already can't have. Still way confused about the vitamins dont know which ones to get even with the links provided here but I will do my best!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #18  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Ok...I have been sitting at the same weight for nearly a week now with no cheating. I'm on week 3 and have my weigh-in on Weds. I also just finished my TOM. I know loss will slow from the first few weeks....but i'm still making myself crazy! Any tips to keep sane?
Old 05-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Ok...I have been sitting at the same weight for nearly a week now with no cheating. I'm on week 3 and have my weigh-in on Weds. I also just finished my TOM. I know loss will slow from the first few weeks....but i'm still making myself crazy! Any tips to keep sane?
Stop looking at the scale every day.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #20  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Stop looking at the scale every day.
Haha! Yes!!! I did skip looking since Friday and then was bummed to see my same number. I need to skip again until Weds (but I will weigh myself in AM before weigh since I don't go in until late afternoon.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

Quote:
We are about in the same place and I too tend to weigh myself every morning (even though I know I shouldn't) and my scale hasn't changed all week either. I officially weigh in tomorrow but know it won't be different. I'm thinking since the first three weeks were great this must be our slow week. We just need to keep on going and it will eventually show us what we want.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by miholmes View Post
Well it was my first week on the program and I got on the scale this morning. I'm down 11 pounds.....ELEVEN...that's crazy and wonderful at the same time. And while I realize it won't be this way every week I'm celebrating having a week's worth of will-power. And this is definitely encouraging to stay on the program. :P
Way to go Michael!! It helps having some big loses in the begining to keep us motivated to reach our goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
My NSV from this weekend-eating out Friday night and my husband ordered soft pretzel sticks with dipping sauce for an appetizer. I had none!
That is a great NSV

- Cooluu & Evemomma - inches may be changing and each week can be different. Sometimes I found my loses would be slower one week after a bigger week the week before. Your body needs time to adjust.

I have been missing this forum, our internet issues continue at the house so have quickly logged on at work. I find myself thinking of and craving fruit lately - i blame the nicer weather. I need to remember that I will eventually be able to have a fruit on maintanence.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #23  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
So... I cheated this weekend. I had wine, pizza and potatoes. I gained 2 pounds (hopefully not all fat) and I felt terrible the next day. I'm chalking it up to a learning experience. 1. The food did not taste as good as I thought it would have. 2. The wine was lovely but I easily could have done without it - and the headache the next day. 3. The fun of the night wasn't worth a 2 pound gain and a slow down of weight loss for this week.
I'm back on board 100%. I'm not beating myself up too much though because the past 3 weeks have been really hard to stay 100% and this cheat has made me recommit myself to the diet...
Ug I totally know the feeling of rough week. I haven't cheated but I sure felt like I was about to all the time lately. Glad the cheat made you feel recommitted though! A lot of people go the other way.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #24  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

So today was my official weigh in, not surprisingly I was up that pound from yesterday but oh well! LOL, I mean I "ONLY" lost 3.6 lbs this week.... all in all the suffering of the week led to a good end, glad I stayed OP and I didn't cave.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #25  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooluu View Post
We are about in the same place and I too tend to weigh myself every morning (even though I know I shouldn't) and my scale hasn't changed all week either. I officially weigh in tomorrow but know it won't be different. I'm thinking since the first three weeks were great this must be our slow week. We just need to keep on going and it will eventually show us what we want.
Good pep talk!!!

I was doing really well not weighing at first, but then it was FUN to see a loss every day. Well, now I just need to gut it out until Wednesday. I was hoping to be down 15 lbs for Disney...but I guess I can only control what I can control.

GL at your weigh in tomorrow!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 163/135/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 53 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
I find myself thinking of and craving fruit lately - i blame the nicer weather. I need to remember that I will eventually be able to have a fruit on maintanence.
Funny, but now that I'm on maintenance, fruit isn't such a huge part of my life anymore. Yes I enjoy it but I don't crave it and sometimes I go the whole day without choosing it. I used to loooove bananas, at all stages of ripeness from almost crunchy, when they don't peel properly (btw, high in resistant starch - interesting google) to almost black & dead looking. Now I might have a banana maybe 3x week. I like all fruit except durian, lol. But maybe if I was exposed often enough, I might come to like it. After all, I like strong smelly cheeses, lol.

Liana
Old 05-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #27  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Beck diet solution
May 6, 2014 - Tuesday Reality Check

Unless youre doing something like training for a marathon and truly do have different fuel needs, its important to separate your exercise from your eating. People tend to overestimate the amount of calories they burn while exercising, and consequently impede themselves from losing weight because they have the sabotaging thought, Its okay to eat this [extra food] since I exercised today.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

Well I had my 4th week weigh in and lost .4 lbs. which equals 3.3 lbs. a week. Not exactly what I wanted but it's a great average! I've also went down 4% body fat and several inches so things are going in the right direction.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Beck diet solution
May 6, 2014 - Tuesday Reality Check

...... People tend to overestimate the amount of calories they burn while exercising, and consequently impede themselves from losing weight because they have the sabotaging thought, Its okay to eat this [extra food] since I exercised today.

This is absolutely TRUE...compounded by the fact that as you do lose...the caloric deficit from the same exercise also drops! Raw deal Huh??? But it is what it is..! Just be aware....Translation: means with time...(once you hit goal...) you do need to think about "ramping" it up. The good thing is the flexibility, cardiac benefit and balance you get from exercise IS going to allow you to move well and enjoy life.

But that occasional slice of pizza or glass of wine will take even more to "offset"....
Old 05-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #30  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Fourth WI today, down another 3 pounds! I have been very consistent week to week, but inches are still slow. I finally did lose an inch in my waist, so hooray for that!

My first travel experience OP is coming up this weekend as I am traveling to Syracuse for my brother's graduation...I bought a few Ready-Made drinks, extra packets, and WF sample size dressings to help me get through since we'll be eating in restaurants most of the time. I'm confident I can do it!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Closed Thread