Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 10:19 PM   #31  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Default First Weigh In but still no ketosis

My first weigh in was 6.7 down I lost muscle and gained body fat according to their fancy machine. I lost total 7 inches. I don't think it will continue to go like this. I know it is mostly a water loss because the scale dropped down to that in the third day of starting the diet. I never felt sick this week and the ketosis stix are all negative. Brand new test strips and using the first morning urine. I listened to Dr Wilkinson (IP spokes doctor) on his daily video for this subject...he claims we need to be around 40 grams or less but when I put my stats in My Fitness Pal my carbs are around 56. My coach said today that I cannot take away veggies or anything else. She checked my food journal...I am following 100% But I know this loss will not continue because when following the Atkins diet I have to be around 20 carbs to burn fat in ketosis. We will see how it goes...I dont want this to be like any other diet....I want the ketosis state...like they say in the videos at IP.....ketosis is your friend. Happy and discouraged at the same time.

Last edited by jo4applerose; 05-09-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 221.6/213.6/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms78258 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this site, and to the IP diet! I tried to start it about 3 weeks ago, and I REALLY STRUGGLED with the soups and the 2x/day food I could eat. I love the 1x/day food, though and wish I could eat it more!!! The bars & salt/vinegar chips are DELISH!!!

I'm really anxious to start, as I have about 65-70lbs to lose, and I want to follow this strictly since I know cheating is a BIG no-no. I just had a major event two weeks ago where many people in my association saw me (and lots of photos... ugh... I didn't realize how bad it had gotten!) My next big event is the first week of September, and I'd LOVE to really "wow" people with a weight-loss transformation.

Soooooo, in order to not cheat:

Anyone else had issues with the food and found ways to make the food tasty?

~Jenn

Ruth Ann is right there are LOTS of good recipes and tips around this forum. It'll take you hours to go through them. I just had my first weigh in and I think seeing the pounds come off is a HUGE motivation. (seeing the scale last week made me nearly cry, this week almost laugh at the progress!)
What I've been doing is trying to include my veggies in with the protein packs even for lunch, I'm used to eating one thing and a lot of it for a meal so I put the veggies in the soup and it makes me feel like I had A LOT of soup, same thing with the omelettes the veggies really bulk it up and make me feel like I'm eating a lot more than I really am.

Also with the soups I've found that enhancing flavour is just a matter of spices. I usually boil or steam my veggies going in the soup with a whole bunch of spices so they add a little more flavour in the soups.

But yeah there are lots of tips on the forum on how to enhance flavours, I'm just a newbie myself.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #33  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Talking Same Start Day

Hello Mandus...we have the same start date and same height and similar start weight 219 We are twins. haha I started last Friday as well. Good luck on WI tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #34  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

how's everyone doing? Any scale celebrations to report? I love hearing other's success I got my period today..... feeling like a bloated-fat-goat! up 4 lbs on the scale today.... I knew I shouldn't have stepped on it... but I'm slightly addicted. So... i'm drinking TONS of water, doing my skinny wrap and munching on celery... here's to Friday! LOL
Old 05-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm back and planning to start tomorrow. For the 20th time. I did 6 weeks in Sept/Oct last year and lost 15 pounds, but just couldn't stick with it. Been trying to get back on the diet since. Stepped on the scale this morning and saw the highest weight in years.....242......so I HAVE to do this.
My biggest obstacle is myself. I have been struggling with depression lately and trying meds/side effects/mood swings/over-eating has me in a really big funk. Like I said, I HAVE to do this. I am now too heavy to ride my horse. All of this combined is really hard on my resolve. But as the number on the scale climbs, everything gets worse.
The next few weeks will be a test - I am going on vacation (just to visit family) and Memorial day plans.

So.....here we go!!!

Karen

Last edited by kcandponies; 05-09-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #36  
Started IP May 6, 2014

S/C/G: 250/ticker/180

Height: 5'1

Four days in and I am pretty happy with things so far. I have found the veggie/meat choices a bit tough, but am sure that will get better once I figure out more ways to cook them and once I get the ball rolling further. My biggest win so far is my energy levels! Last week I felt like I hit rock bottom. I was tired and just felt like crying. I considered checking in with my doctor to about it. This week, my energy has been higher and stable (no carb crashes!). Woo hoo! I did step on the scale and it's going down so that's a bonus !!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 206/185/155-135

Height: 5ft

I just had my inital appointment yesterday. At the bottom of my papers it says 27 December 2013
Old 05-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 206/185/155-135

Height: 5ft

Jo4
It's still a loss. Congrats!!!!
Keep your chin up girl.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterSlayer View Post
I just had my inital appointment yesterday. At the bottom of my papers it says 27 December 2013
THANKS!!

I would STILL like to hear from a few of the others as to the date of your P1 sheet... unfortunately, not all coaches update their materials as quickly as others. So still curious if there is in fact a newer sheet. (Heard that from someone else on another forum, but was not able to get confirmation!)
Old 05-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #40  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Thank you. I can stop whining now.....guess who is in ketosis. The whining alone an indication that ketosis was here. LOL I thought I 'd try one more time today and SNAPPO it was pink. Yayyy It took 8 days to show on the stix. So I am thrilled with that and a significant weight drop.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi there, I am a newbie and started May 6th. I know a bunch of people at work who have been on this and had good results! No headaches, ok with the food. Had first WI today and was down 3 lbs, which I think is pretty good for being on Day 4. Looking forward to hearing the everyone else's progress!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #42  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycheetea View Post
Hi there, I am a newbie and started May 6th. I know a bunch of people at work who have been on this and had good results! No headaches, ok with the food. Had first WI today and was down 3 lbs, which I think is pretty good for being on Day 4. Looking forward to hearing the everyone else's progress!
💖Lycheeta great start. It is the perfect plan it forces us to stay on track because a little bit of cheating ruins it quickly....it is All-In or Nothing!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/178/170

Height: 5' 7"

Hello! I started May 1st! Super excited VERY happy with results so far about 8 lbs down in 9 days....
get weighed in tomorrow - we will see how i do on my consultants scale.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #44  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by regrvk View Post
Hello! I started May 1st! Super excited VERY happy with results so far about 8 lbs down in 9 days....
get weighed in tomorrow - we will see how i do on my consultants scale.
Congratulations let us know how it goes. We May IPr's are rocking it.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #45  

S/C/G: SW 323/281/180

HI,

My husband and I started IP on May 1st. So far I'm down 15 llbs so far! I'm so excited...but I want more more more! LOL Good luck ladies
Closed Thread