Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/208/136

Default October 2014 Starters

I started Ideal Protein October 1. Today was my 1st weight in. I lost 6.4lbs and 4" total. Just wanted to say thanks to all you who posted over the last week, reading these forms have helped me stay on track.

If you started this month share your results, give a hollar, and let's help each other!
Old 10-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #2  

I'd like to encourage you to join the community by joining the daily chat. I got the must support from the people who were "ahead" of me in the journey because they already knew all the tricks and pitfalls.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #3  

I ordered my alternative products and plan to start tomorrow so that I have the weekend to get over the 'hump'
Old 10-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #4  

Hot cop-

How is it going? I have started IP but have yet to make it without a small cheat. On the plus side I figured out why everyone loves the recipes, because you're so hungry that when you do finally eat anything will taste good! lol
Old 10-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #5  

I WI tomorrow, hope it goes good. I've never had a problem eating vegetables but I did try those walden farms dressing (Yuck!) I really need to find something to put on my salads that taste good.
I've learned in the past 2 weeks the key to this diet is planning. It's really hard to plan meals on the fly with 3 kids and a hubby looking at me like I'm crazy when I feed them chicken, turnip fries, and baked okra for dinner when they are used to rich and heavy meals.
I've slipped twice this week, but I keep picking myself up and adjusting. I'm Not going to beat myself up about it, slow and steady wins the race. I'll post my WI tomorrow.
Thanks for asking! I'd have made more mistakes had it not been for these boards, I read them when I need some resolve
Old 10-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckydoodles View Post
Hot cop-

How is it going? I have started IP but have yet to make it without a small cheat. On the plus side I figured out why everyone loves the recipes, because you're so hungry that when you do finally eat anything will taste good! lol
beckydoodles - If you're super hungry the first week you can add an extra unrestricted packet. And make use of all the free veggies - it really does help. Small cheats really add up and can delay you getting into ketosis. I know it's hard to begin with but it really does get easier if you stick with it!
Old 10-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #7  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCop View Post
I WI tomorrow, hope it goes good. I've never had a problem eating vegetables but I did try those walden farms dressing (Yuck!) I really need to find something to put on my salads that taste good.
I've learned in the past 2 weeks the key to this diet is planning. It's really hard to plan meals on the fly with 3 kids and a hubby looking at me like I'm crazy when I feed them chicken, turnip fries, and baked okra for dinner when they are used to rich and heavy meals.
I've slipped twice this week, but I keep picking myself up and adjusting. I'm Not going to beat myself up about it, slow and steady wins the race. I'll post my WI tomorrow.
Thanks for asking! I'd have made more mistakes had it not been for these boards, I read them when I need some resolve
Which Walden Farms dressings did you start with? I only like a few of them. (Asian being my favorite).

Apple Cider Vinegar dressing is tasty and there are a few different ways to make it.

I just eyeball everything (I know, the horror)
A little EVOO, A little ACV, Dijon Mustard, One Pack of Splenda(or a dash of stevia), Black Pepper.

The Dijon Mustard makes it a little creamier and the splenda cuts the bitterness. I use this a lot and it helps get my oil allotment in.

I hope your weigh in went well. :Cheers:
Old 10-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #8  

Had my WI. Down another 1.1lbs. Wished it was more, but I know I messed up on Saturday past. Need to plan better for weekends.

Thanks Kissi for the dressing tip. I've tried the honey mustard, ranch, and thousand island. I find them all too vinegary. Right now I'm using the bbq sauce on my salads, weird but I can eat it.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Had my WI. Down another 1.1lbs. Wished it was more, but I know I messed up on Saturday past. Need to plan better for weekends.

Thanks Kissi for the dressing tip. I've tried the honey mustard, ranch, and thousand island. I find them all too vinegary. Right now I'm using the bbq sauce on my salads, weird but I can eat it.
I know it sounds strange but you can thin the dressing vinegariness (not a real word, but you know what I mean ) by adding a tiny bit of water until it tastes right to you. I've always had to thin out the stronger dressings like French or Russian, etc. and that's what works without adding more oil.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #10  

Thanks Canadjineh. I tried the ginger one tonight, that one isn't bad. I also tried the marshmallow and chocolate dips, tasted like cake batter ~ thin cake batter.

I made a chicken salad with the mayo, not bad. I did add a lot of seasoning to it but after I added broccoli slaw and diced cucumber it tasted pretty good.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #11  

Quote:
I had similar opposition from my husband at first, we have three kids and I go to law school and work so yes planning is key. I almost thought I wouldn't have anything left for dinner last night but my husband came to the rescue by making pork tenderloin and sauteed zuccinni. He accidentally added onions but I just picked them out. I have found that I will let my family eat what they normally do and I will adjust, for example a lettuce wrapped burger. My 6 year old is diabetic so I can't expect her to eat like me.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #12  

I have not yet tried the Walden Farms as I am trying to minimize my amount of costs out of the gate. I created a pintrest board with a lot of IP recipes and one had multiple salad dressings. I made an italian over the weekend that had italian seasoning, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. It was really good and refreshing the first day but I made a batch to have for a few days and by yesterday I had to toss it as it was too vingery.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Hi, Technically I started on September 29th, but close enough to October I think

My first two weeks have gone well, besides the migraine for days during the first week, but I haven't eaten OP yet so I feel pretty good. W1 WI I was down 5, and W2 4.5.

I don't mind the WF Italian dressing, I actually thin it out a bit with vinegar and add some pepper. I also bought the ranch, but wasn't fond of it, maybe it is because of the same vinegariness mentioned about, maybe I will like it better thinned out with water, I'll have to give it a try.

It hasn't been too hard of a transition for me because I do like a variety of vegetables, and we don't have any kids. And as for DH meals, he prepares his while I do mine, so thankfully I don't have to cook two different meals.

I'm thinking of doing a lettuce "bun" burger this week, stuffed with tomato and pickles, hopefully I don't miss the bun, cheese and bacon I think I will try it with the rutabaga fries, I've read about them a few times now and can't wait to taste them, I love rutabaga, but have only had it boiled.

Keep up the good work everyone
Old 10-15-2014, 10:16 AM   #14  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Hi, Technically I started on September 29th, but close enough to October I think

My first two weeks have gone well, besides the migraine for days during the first week, but I haven't eaten OP yet so I feel pretty good. W1 WI I was down 5, and W2 4.5.

I don't mind the WF Italian dressing, I actually thin it out a bit with vinegar and add some pepper. I also bought the ranch, but wasn't fond of it, maybe it is because of the same vinegariness mentioned about, maybe I will like it better thinned out with water, I'll have to give it a try.

It hasn't been too hard of a transition for me because I do like a variety of vegetables, and we don't have any kids. And as for DH meals, he prepares his while I do mine, so thankfully I don't have to cook two different meals.

I'm thinking of doing a lettuce "bun" burger this week, stuffed with tomato and pickles, hopefully I don't miss the bun, cheese and bacon I think I will try it with the rutabaga fries, I've read about them a few times now and can't wait to taste them, I love rutabaga, but have only had it boiled.

Keep up the good work everyone
I did the same thing in 2013.... I started in September but eventually joined the October 2013 group. The other threads are great to go to for information and support, but its also nice to touch base in a thread where everyone is at the same point in their journey...

You will love the turnip fries! They are wonderful... hmmm I haven't made them in awhile!! Should do that this week.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #15  
Started IP 10/17/14

S/C/G: 257/Ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Talking Hi!

I'm starting Friday and I'm so excited! I've been "stalking" the boards since Sunday and from the wealth of information and encouragement, I am excited to finally take charge of my life and become a healthier me! Last night, I met with my IP coach and she's very supportive and understanding. She suggested I start Friday so that Monday, I will be through the initial "hump" and have the energy I need while I'm at work. I'm only nervous about the amount of meals I plan to eat daily. My body is used to eating something (whether it's junk or healthy) at least 5 times a day. I kind of raised my eyebrows at the fact that I'll be eating breakfast and then nothing else til lunch. But I'm going to trust the plan and process and she did tell me I can move the snack around if I need to. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Lese

Last edited by lese1030; 10-15-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Closed Thread