Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:21 PM   #46  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

So I have to admit, I did have a little cry after my weigh in today. Yes my weight went down two pounds, but all of my inches went significantly up. My coach kept going through my journal to try and find a cause but I've been doing everything 100%. My water was also very high at 6.67. For some reason I'm very swollen. I haven't had a large amount of salt and TOM is nowhere near so I am concerned. My coach also told me to try adding a restricted this week to see if it will give my weight loss a jolt. I already feel guilty just looking at the it! Hopefully things are better next week!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #47  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
But.. she is more geared toward conventional approaches - balanced diet and chronic cardio. She even said that today "I support a balanced approach to weight loss". What she was really saying is that she didn't approve of what I was doing. I know "balanced" doesn't work for me. I've tried it and got nowhere. IP is the first thing that has worked for me in a long time. At one point she got up and opened the door to the examining room to tell her assistant something while I was telling her about the diet. Rude! She has never done anything like that before. At that point I just stopped talking about it and we got on with the rest of the physical.

I've long been a proponent of treat the cause, not the symptoms. The medical profession is disappointing in this regard. A pill will not fix everything. I'll just keep plugging along and loose the weight. I feel good about what I am doing for my health and really...that's all that counts.
catlady, I'm the exact same way re 'balanced' diets. Tried it, just maintain--I've been the same weight for the last 5 years. I really think it's different for everyone, there is no one "right way," as long as you are not doing something seriously detrimental to your body. Some people are work out maniacs...great! I envy that and wish I had that stamina. Some people really thrive on WW or other programs. Some people give up soda and they lose 20 pounds overnight. To each their own. As long as you can stick with something through to your goal, maintain, be healthy, then I'm for it. Sorry your doctor was rude, it took me a long time to find one I like and who I feel like I can connect with.

Had my first WI today...down 6.2 pounds! Also lost an inch in my thighs, which my coach said is often difficult spot to lose, so yay!

NSV for week 1 would be that I didn't have any headaches or anything and was able to quell my hunger pangs with water and tea. I've been the most hungry today, but I think that's because I got my TOM a week early. I'm almost happy about that though since it's a sign I'm burning fat.

Sidenote, I think it's hilarious that a lot of you seem to be getting your TOM at the same time. Does the same theory about women who live together synching their cycles apply to people hanging out together online?

Got a bunch more food today, so I'm excited for week 2! Question...has anyone tried the soy puffs with milk? I'm thinking of using my daily allotment for skim milk to make a cereal out of the apple cinnamon soy puffs, but they seem really delicate, like they might just disintegrate if they get wet.

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 04-15-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyIP View Post
So I have to admit, I did have a little cry after my weigh in today. Yes my weight went down two pounds, but all of my inches went significantly up. My coach kept going through my journal to try and find a cause but I've been doing everything 100%. My water was also very high at 6.67. For some reason I'm very swollen. I haven't had a large amount of salt and TOM is nowhere near so I am concerned. My coach also told me to try adding a restricted this week to see if it will give my weight loss a jolt. I already feel guilty just looking at the it! Hopefully things are better next week!

Melly, I have had a major problem with water retention since Jan.( after 3 months on IP) Had a bunch of medical tests(heart, thyroid, kidney) all came up clear. After an exhaustive search, We found a list of FAQs on the IP web site that said some people may have water retention in their extremities due to an imbalance of hormones. Hope this information is some help to you.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #49  
Started IP March 25

Thank you Slipfree!! I'm definitely going to do a little bit of research as well. My coach said I should be around a 1 but I'm always way higher - would anyone care to share what their hydration level usually is?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #50  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

OK, a little embarrassed to admit/ask this so early on (just (re)started yesterday!) but I have this pattern of behavior that I am not PLANNING on happening again, but realistically, I'm just AFRAID it will and I want to try to head it off and be prepared! I find I am so impatient.....I want to be down 10lbs already, and be at goal next week! LOL Seriously, though, this has always been my diet demise......I start to get impatient and discouraged, feel I'm not progressing as fast as I think I should, or I know I won't be down the xx number of lbs I wanted to be at some upcoming event, and I end up sabotaging myself and giving up. I do NOT want to do that this time! I am SO impressed, and encouraged, by seeing the level of commitment and such awesome results you all are having! What tactics do you use or have you used in the past, what self-talk do you employ, to keep that devil of doubt at bay? I've been saying the Serenity Prayer to myself over and over, and that seems to help me ("courage to change the things I can..."), as long as I can keep focused on that. Any other words of wisdom?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Melly, sorry, I never look at the paper. My hydration level has always been good, because the coach comments on it. Hey, I noticed that you are having issues with the C, that can cause water retention too.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #52  
Started IP March 25

Yes I am hoping that is a huge part of it. I was told senekot can make it worse so I won't take that for relief again. I'm going to wait another week before spending the money on buying something from my coach. Been chugging water all night hoping for results!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #53  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
OK, a little embarrassed to admit/ask this so early on (just (re)started yesterday!) but I have this pattern of behavior that I am not PLANNING on happening again, but realistically, I'm just AFRAID it will and I want to try to head it off and be prepared! I find I am so impatient.....I want to be down 10lbs already, and be at goal next week! LOL Seriously, though, this has always been my diet demise......I start to get impatient and discouraged, feel I'm not progressing as fast as I think I should, or I know I won't be down the xx number of lbs I wanted to be at some upcoming event, and I end up sabotaging myself and giving up. I do NOT want to do that this time! I am SO impressed, and encouraged, by seeing the level of commitment and such awesome results you all are having! What tactics do you use or have you used in the past, what self-talk do you employ, to keep that devil of doubt at bay? I've been saying the Serenity Prayer to myself over and over, and that seems to help me ("courage to change the things I can..."), as long as I can keep focused on that. Any other words of wisdom?
Beck Diet Solution!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #54  
Just Do It, Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Beck Diet Solution!
Thanks, I think I'll download that on my Kindle right now!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Went for my annual physical today. Told my doc about Ideal Protein. She was not as supportive as I would have hoped. She was glad I was loosing weight, but her main comment was "I don't see how eating protein packets is sustainable in the long run". I tried to explain about the protocol but I could tell she had lost interest. Oh well. When I go back next year at my new incredible maintained weight, maybe then she will pay attention.

On another note, NSV in my closet this morning. Two pairs of dress pants are too big! My work wardrobe is shrinking...just like me!

Catlady, that's to bad your dr wasn't more supportive if IP. I agree with Lisa, if you aren't getting the right support at your next visit get a new dr. Congratulations on needing smaller dress pants

Johnsdeere - way to go on the size 14's!

Ruthann. Lol at your comment about drowning the hunger. I'm going to start thinking that and drinking more water.

I snowed here today! I'm ready to move down South. My DH is travelling for work again this week but our nanny is back from holiday so the week doesn't seem so stressful. I'm going to start running outside in May, I ca. Do bout 5k on the treadmill. But want to try out side and do a 10 k this September.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #56  
Just Do It, Mom!

Quote:
Thanks, I think I'll download that on my Kindle right now!
All I can seem to find is "The Four-Day Win: End Your Diet War and Achieve Thinner Peace" by Martha Beck. Is that it?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #57  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Do what I do Amber - drown the little b**ch with more water! Seriously though - some days are just like that. I still get them and I think it's part of training ourselves to think before we eat. As I get closer to maintenance I keep thinking - would just one hurt? Don't know where it's coming from but I'm proud of both of us for not giving in.
I completely just left the room, I was preparing my water for yoga class (I like to add lemon and a little truvia once in awhile). So I just left the kitchen, went back in grabbed the water and left for yoga. Funny thing is I didn't get the cheeto's put away and my dog got into them and ate the whole bag. I think it's funny cause he doesn't usually do that stuff and I don't even like cheeto's I mean if I were to ever cheat I don't think it would be with a nasty cheeto... lol give me a gummy bear or something! The fruit snack was more realistic to my style, I like gummy stuff. But yoga is over had a nice buffalo chicken salad for dinner and now I am stuffed.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #58  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
catlady, I'm the exact same way re 'balanced' diets. Tried it, just maintain--I've been the same weight for the last 5 years. I really think it's different for everyone, there is no one "right way," as long as you are not doing something seriously detrimental to your body. Some people are work out maniacs...great! I envy that and wish I had that stamina. Some people really thrive on WW or other programs. Some people give up soda and they lose 20 pounds overnight. To each their own. As long as you can stick with something through to your goal, maintain, be healthy, then I'm for it. Sorry your doctor was rude, it took me a long time to find one I like and who I feel like I can connect with.

Had my first WI today...down 6.2 pounds! Also lost an inch in my thighs, which my coach said is often difficult spot to lose, so yay!

NSV for week 1 would be that I didn't have any headaches or anything and was able to quell my hunger pangs with water and tea. I've been the most hungry today, but I think that's because I got my TOM a week early. I'm almost happy about that though since it's a sign I'm burning fat.

Sidenote, I think it's hilarious that a lot of you seem to be getting your TOM at the same time. Does the same theory about women who live together synching their cycles apply to people hanging out together online?

Got a bunch more food today, so I'm excited for week 2! Question...has anyone tried the soy puffs with milk? I'm thinking of using my daily allotment for skim milk to make a cereal out of the apple cinnamon soy puffs, but they seem really delicate, like they might just disintegrate if they get wet.
Good job on your first week!!! It's a breeze after that (most of the time lol) As for the syncing cycles I just get to have my cycle every other week now! Oh the joy of IP lol
Old 04-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #59  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyIP View Post
Thank you Slipfree!! I'm definitely going to do a little bit of research as well. My coach said I should be around a 1 but I'm always way higher - would anyone care to share what their hydration level usually is?
My coach said a healthy hydration level is between 1-3 when I started IP I was a 12 he said that is prediabetic. I am now a 4.1 as of Monday and my number has gone consistently down with my weight! I am darn near in healthy range. I have tried to research exactly what these numbers mean but I only find information about how much water we should drink and etc and I don't think they are related so to speak, if you are dehydrated I think you get negative numbers. I'm not sure though.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #60  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
All I can seem to find is "The Four-Day Win: End Your Diet War and Achieve Thinner Peace" by Martha Beck. Is that it?
Beck diet solution isn't available e-book
I got audio version & hard copies from amazon

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-16-2014 at 06:14 AM.
Closed Thread