Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #451  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Liana, You are getting lots of walking in on that job. It must be kind of fun to figure out how to bump up the calorie, carbs, fats. You must be getting in good condition with all of that walking.

RuthAnn: I lost on P2 also. All of that moving helped with that 2 pound loss. More energy is good!

Hi Lizzyrr: Have a good run.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Liana, You are getting lots of walking in on that job. It must be kind of fun to figure out how to bump up the calorie, carbs, fats. You must be getting in good condition with all of that walking.
Already seeing more definition in my legs, lol.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #453  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Glad to see a lot of the same faces here along with some new ones. drd, glad to hear that your surgery went well. After I got past the pain and swelling from my surgery in May, I found the toughest part was getting back into my exercise routine. I'm still not quite there. My travel schedule hasn't helped, but I've got a few weeks at home before I leave again, and then at least I'll be active while I'm away.

My weight crept up a bit while I was busy being lazy but thankfully it didn't take much to turn that around. These days even 2 pounds is a wake-up call and enough to get my attention. I never want to let myself go like I did in the past.

Now that I'm not working anymore I will need to figure out a whole new routine. That's going to take some getting used to!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let you know I still lurk once in awhile and am enjoying maintenance, one day at a time.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

It's so nice to see that all you maintainers are being successful and what works for each individual. Maintenance isn't always easy but it's doable and so worth it. I don't have any fun days but will enjoy a fun meal or drink. Most days I try and drink my water, exercise, and eat healthy protein with each meal and include lots of vegies. I feel best when I'm eating lots of vegies with the protein. Some days are better than others that's for sure but I know what works best for me and keep working hard at it. So far so good!!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #455  
Maile

Bubbleblower: It is good to know that you are doing well in maintenance. Your two pound wake-up call will keep you on track. I think it would be exciting be retired and to find new interests!

Hawaii69: Some days are better than others. I call it relentless determination..and it is hard work..but so worth it.

Canadjineh; Here is to more muscles and definition of those legs. Believe me doing those yoga stretches has me looking at my muscles and also at my skin.

I indulged and am happily wearing new bright workout shoes!

I made Pad Thai noodles last night with zucchini..Not bad.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #456  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Maile: Good for you to get bright workout shoes! I keep seeing them in stores and they look so pretty. I will be needing new runners soon and want to get a bright colour, so much more fun! Since I phased off I can definately see more definition in my legs, they were so flabby. But, the exercise is helping! Have a great eating day everyone!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #457  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I am still on P1, but as I was drifting to sleep I found myself thinking about the P4 "cheat" day. What does this look like for you maintainers? Do you eat just one free meal, eat freely all day, stay within a certain calorie or carb count?

Thank you for any preview into P4...
Old 07-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #458  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi CO6,

If you go back about 3 pages on this thread a number of us described our "free" day. Some have a meal and some do not have a "free" day. It seems that most here do not indulge the entire day. The funny thing about the "free" day is that you pay in UP pounds. With a minimum amount of indulging, the Phase 1 day the following day erases the UP pounds. I am beginning to look at the "free" day as a break from the fat/carb separations and a time to have a glass of white wine, lol.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #459  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
I am still on P1, but as I was drifting to sleep I found myself thinking about the P4 "cheat" day. What does this look like for you maintainers? Do you eat just one free meal, eat freely all day, stay within a certain calorie or carb count?

Thank you for any preview into P4...

For me..I don't do a cheat day. If we go out for dinner or have a social occasion I will have wine...sometimes.
Instead of regularly infusing my eating with "cheat" days...I determine what things I do in maintenance to adhere to or loosen for special occasions. And yes...do P1 or 2 the next day.

Interestingly...I'm happy with my P 4 eating. And don't feel the need for a day to go off my plan...
Since I am GF...I don't do sandwiches...bread..pasta cereals etc. Treat for me might be occasional ice cream...(2X when on vacation in June...and 1x this summer at a local dairy farm near us that has the best creamery in the state). A piece or two of really good chocolate...which we only buy by the piece... And a glass of wine and some nice cheese..again..we only buy about 3 oz for a special occasion at a local gourmet cheese shop. No big blocks.

Those things are just fine for me. My tastes have changed...I don't crave carbs...and want to keep it that way. Others do need the day...but I see a lot of maintainers who have maintained do something similar to me...adjusting to what their palate feels is a deserved zig zag from the routine way of eating. I guess I've become picky...and also protective of my weight loss.

Last edited by 65X65; 07-24-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #460  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I don't schedule a cheat day. Sometimes I will have a fun treat, or meal, or even a whole day, and then I follow with stricter P4 days with lower calorie foods to balance out. When I first went on maintenance I did the P1 day, but I really don't need it. Following with strict low P4 days makes the weight that comes on with a restaurant meal longer to come off, but it does come off.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #461  

Extended vacations (3+ weeks) with LOTS of overindulgence exposure are HARD! Next year I think I'll do P1 so I don't get tempted

P1 couple of days now to get rid of the bloat. I REALLY felt it last nite. Drinking more than usual, more carbs than usual...ugh! But at least I know how to correct it & to feel better within a day or two. The greatest thing of all? I FEEL it and know what it is and stop instead of continuing down a path to destruction. IP has given me those tools.

The other thing I've noticed: it takes a lot LESS indulgence to make me feel bloated and icky than it used to. That was because I was ALWAYS bloated. My "overindulgence" is about having a few glasses of wine and some snacks without regard to fat/carb separation. Prior to IP, it would have been all-day drinking and a smorgasbord.

I'm officially starting back on P1 on Monday to see if my thyroid will let me get to goal, but my spinach/chocolate pudding shake smoothie sure felt good this am . I've made a P1 plan for the day...not as many people around. Easier to stick with what makes me feel good. Thank goodness I found IP!
Old 07-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #462  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Lisa -- It's so good to see you back. Things just don't feel balanced when you are not around. It is funny to hear you talk about over-indulging. I was beginning to think you were bullet-proof. I hear you on how horrid it is to feel bloated now. I used to hear people around complain of bloat, but I never thought I had any. NOW I realize -- I was always bloated . . . I didn't even know any different after a while. egads. I can't wait until you reach your goal. You well deserved it.

Well, I finally weighed back in this morning. Gosh, I had myself rather worked up about it. I guess waiting 11 days was too long, though I know, for myself, every day is too often. I will do every Friday now. Anyway, I am within my 4% window. Whew! I am a couple lbs over my lowest, but that is okay. I don't think I can realistically expect to stay at my rock bottom forever. That said, I would be okay with dropping a couple before heading into fall. We'll see -- I have a week of weeks next week, including a little getaway with DH in the middle of the week and then a girls' getaway/shopping weekend right after that. I have strategized and planned my moves carefully. I don't plan to lose any more ground.

Slipfree -- To answer you, I am/was using plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt. No crap hidden in it. It seems to be the consistency that sets me off, because the fat free ricotta effects me the same way. ugh. I will just have to be careful with stuff like that at least for a while until I figure out how to keep it contained.

Wishing you all a great, OP day!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Well, it turns out I am allergic to the chemical class that Codeine, Hydrocodone and Morphine are in. Doctor switched me to Tylonel 3 because the Norco was giving me strange side affects. I woke up this morning covered in a rash, itching and flushed. So had husband get me some Benedryl, called the doctor and am waiting for a reply. So PT today is probably going to be on Extra strength Tylenol.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #464  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Well, it turns out I am allergic to the chemical class that Codeine, Hydrocodone and Morphine are in. Doctor switched me to Tylonel 3 because the Norco was giving me strange side affects. I woke up this morning covered in a rash, itching and flushed. So had husband get me some Benedryl, called the doctor and am waiting for a reply. So PT today is probably going to be on Extra strength Tylenol.

That doesn't like like any fun at all, drd. Hang in there. I hope the Benedryl helps and that you are feeling better fast.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #465  
Maile

Sylviesgirl: Have fun on your getaway with your DH. Shopping with girls is such fun. I never clothes shop with my husband as he gets too impatient. Do you get the same reaction from cheese as you do yogurt or ricotta?

Lisa, Good luck on that P1 start on Monday. Hopefully your thyroid has stabilized. Knowing when to stop is an important tool. I have to watch that when I am eating food that tastes good!

65x65: Your eating is similar to mine..I also take a zigzag from normal eating if want to. I like your comment that you are protective about your weight loss. I have also grown picky..If I am going to indulge in something it has better be really good otherwise I will not eat it.

Drd: I don't do a strict P1 day either..just cut back on calories and carbs..sometimes I switch to a zero carb breakfast. Your p4 plan is working.

Slipfree. I am on the month count down. Wine is enjoyable!

Hawaii69: Looking at bright workout shoes cheers me up when I workout! I am slowly gaining a number of them. That is great that exercise is paying off on your legs and toning your muscles.

CO-6 There are many variations on the fun day. Some people do full days, others do a meal, or others do not do them and indulge here and there.

This is an amusing episode. I renewed my driver's license. It was the first time in 5 years. For the last 3 years I have gotten funny looks from clerks as I do not look anything like my picture. Now I do.However, on previous licenses, I put down the weight I wanted to weigh and not what I weighed. Now I have a driver's license which has my actual weight!

DRD: sorry to hear that your medications are not working. I hope the benadryl and tylenol help and that your doctor can help you.

Last edited by Maile; 07-25-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Closed Thread