Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 11:52 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Drd, glad that it went so well. Hopefully your tiny self will be exercising again soon.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:42 AM   #407  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Congrads DRD!! I'm so happy that its all done for you! Nice to be called small too!
Old 07-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #408  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Drd: I am glad your surgery went well..and it is nice to be called tiny! That will help your recovery.

Dak: I have done P1 days and jumped back on maintenance without really doing p2 or p3. I do not think you gain any faster when you have lost weight on IP.

Slipfree. Protein does help me stay full also.

Sylvie: I basically made groups of meals for breakfast, did all of the calculations so they were the right combos and then simply kept using them so I was not tracking all of the time. You might try the PB2 as a flavor for the yogurt or eat the pb/yogurt in the morning.I do have just nuts for snacks.
I find that if I have a fat for breakfast, it keeps me from being hungry. Myabe that coconut spread helped you! I am going to order coconut butter from Amazon.

Ruthann..glad the move went well and you are feeling better.

I do get hungry everyday..usually before the next meal. I think it means you are staying on track.

Where I am different from that 5 year friend of mine, is that I do not want to overeat everyday.

Happy Friday and hooray for the weekend. I am wearing my first pair of yoga pants..too fun..but are they fitted.

Last edited by Maile; 07-18-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #409  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Maile - aren't yoga pants wonderful? I would never have thought to buy them but got a pair from my niece and they are so comfortable and flattering!

I've gotten rather lax about batch cooking - been busy & dh hasn't been feeling well so I've used up most of what we had in the freezer. Guess it's time for a Costco run and a "cooking day." I just find it so much easier to stay on track when things are prepared ahead of time.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #410  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Yes, I was surprised at how comfortable they are. We are due for a Costco run also next week. I find it easier to stay on when I have things cooked ahead or frozen in the fridge as well.

I am having 12 people to dinner..my son's friends. I am making a salad and string beans so I will have something healthy to eat!
Old 07-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #411  

Ruth Ann, you have mentioned a couple of time that Chef DH is not feeling well, just wanted to say that I hope he feels better soon.

Maile, 12 people for dinner and you sound so calm Hope you have fun.

I am in the process of purging my house. Having a Tag Sale on the first weekend in August. Guess I want my whole life to feel lighter.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #412  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I def think we shorter folks coming off the diet and having been overweight have a real carb sensitivity issue that rears its ugly head quickly. AND 5lbs on us looks like 10 (or more) on someone else! ... Our maintenance needs to be designed differently, and expectations for what normal eating will be going forward need to address the physiologic metabolic issues of obesity, and the psychological change that needs to accompany this diet into maintenance. M
Thanks for this post, 65. As a fellow short-person - AND overweight person for most of my life, I have experienced the ease in which pound find me again! This time I did P1 for 6 weeks and got back to my 2-under-goal weight. Last night was my first "fun meal." I have my book group here at my house and we had pizza and homemade ice cream. (Someone brought these. I provided a salad and healthy appetizers.) I can't remember when I had those two things in the past 3 years. (Well I had a slice or two of pizza last year when I reached maintenance.) But I am determined NOT to regain anything. So I swam extra yesterday and will swim today again. And..I'm back on my regular maintenance eating plan today. I need to see that it is ok to have a meal like this once every blue moon, as long as it doesn't happen too often.

For the past 2-3 weeks I've had a modified P3 breakfast (yogurt, berries, granola, 1/2 banana), a yummy salad for lunch with some meat protein in it) and a regular P1-3 dinner, with extra veggies. With my swimming, I've even lost a couple of pounds.

I've stayed away from the carbs & sugars. Have my Quest bar mid-afternoon so I'm not hungry until dinner. I think if I keep this up I will be fine.

I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow, so it will be an effort, but I'm going to stay eating this way for life! I'm really enjoying my body and enjoying fitting into my clothes.

However, with all the talk about ideal weight vs. sustainable weight, I bought some white pants they are size 8 instead of the very snug 6 that I have. I've decided that it's fine to be comfortable!

And I guess this is an ongoing process for us! Thanks for being here! I may not post every day, but it really helps me to keep up with everyone.

Have a great day! Yes, yoga pants!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I laughed at the yoga pants reference because I am so tired of yoga pants after wearing them continuously for work for 25 years. It's now my pet peeve since women of all shapes & sizes schlepp around in them to do everything from taking kids to school (ok) to going out for dinner (not ok in my book). It reminds me of the crocs or flannel jammie pants thing where that's all people ever wear even out of their homes and gardens.
BAH! Whatever happened to dressing up? I should have lived in the day when women did their hair & makeup, put on a nice dress and gloves, got out the matching purse and shoes and went to town to grocery shop, lol. I will admit I am a clothes hound and have a huge closet. I still have 6 pairs of yoga pants and I don't teach any classes or work with physio clients anymore.
Although, I really can't see Maile & Ruth Ann as 'schlepping about' anyhow, even in yoga pants .

Liana
Old 07-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #414  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Rough day this morning but hopefully each day will be better. The little sun dresses I bought at target are very handy. Not sure what I will do in January for the other one.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hip, hip, hooray drd! (okay, that was bad, shame on me)

But so glad to hear it went well and you are doing well. Best wishes for a speedy, easy recovery!
This made me laugh! You are so funny Ruth Ann!
Old 07-20-2014, 12:18 AM   #416  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I laughed at the yoga pants reference because I am so tired of yoga pants after wearing them continuously for work for 25 years. It's now my pet peeve since women of all shapes & sizes schlepp around in them to do everything from taking kids to school (ok) to going out for dinner (not ok in my book). It reminds me of the crocs or flannel jammie pants thing where that's all people ever wear even out of their homes and gardens.
BAH! Whatever happened to dressing up? I should have lived in the day when women did their hair & makeup, put on a nice dress and gloves, got out the matching purse and shoes and went to town to grocery shop, lol. I will admit I am a clothes hound and have a huge closet. I still have 6 pairs of yoga pants and I don't teach any classes or work with physio clients anymore.
Although, I really can't see Maile & Ruth Ann as 'schlepping about' anyhow, even in yoga pants .

Liana
You are a girl after my own heart! I love the idea of putting on a nice dress with gloves and a hat to do the grocery shopping. I have to admit, though, that I have a few pairs of yoga pants that I schlepp around in over the weekends. Part of that is due to the hot climate. Capri jeans are just too hot and I'm only now feeling comfortable wearing shorts in public. Also, sundresses used to be problematic due to the dreaded chafing. Not a problem any longer!! That's a great NSV right there!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #417  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Maile - have fun with your dinner party. The best part about hosting is you know there will be something you can eat!

Slipfree - thanks, I appreciate the good thoughts. I need to do a major purge of my house - where did all this stuff come from?

joysh - it's always a pleasure to read how you're managing your maintenance. Such a sensible and honest approach. I'm still learning what works for me - what foods I can have once in awhile and what I should probably never have because it just sets me up to want more.

canadjineh - I always wondered about people who wear their pj bottoms out to do errands - have they totally given up or are they living life to the fullest?

I love the yoga pants for around the house and for running errands, but not for dinner parties, etc. I think part of the reason women quit getting dressed up to do things like grocery shop is that so many of us now get dressed up every day to go to work. Not having to put on "professional" clothes to do my weekend stuff is nice (yes, i brush my hair, etc.). I have made it a point since I lost weight to buy cute stuff that fits me for around the house - I like going by a mirror and seeing me smaller even in pj pants and a t-shirt (how vain is that?).

drd - sending good, healing vibes your way. Be easy on yourself and don't try to do more than the doctors tell you to - that's a huge surgery! But you were in great shape going in and I suspect it will help you heal faster and get back to normal quickly. Hang in there!

hawaii - thank you, thank you. I'll be playing here all week!

rosie Hooray for no chafing! I have some cute summer dresses but no actual sun dresses because I'm self-conscious about my upper arms still. My "bat wings" are improving but not fast enough for my tastes. That's okay though, I'll take some extra skin over an extra 120 pounds any day!

Hope everyone has a great day! I am planning on doing some organizing in the pantry and freezer to see exactly what is left and what we need - been kind of crazy the last few weeks and I think I have depleted the stores.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #418  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Drd -- Wishing you a speedy recovery, "Tiny."

Canadjineh -- I can see both sides of the clothing issue as Ruth so aptly framed it. I am a huge vintage clothing enthusiast. This past winter, I worked up the nerve to wear gloves . . . Kermit-green . . . with a matching sweater. I wore them all day -- my husband dared me (he seems to have a "glove thing") . . . and I loved it! Those women were geniuses. We were at a museum, and I didn't have to worry about the handrails and door handles, even though it was winter and everyone was coughing and sneezing. Not to mention, I got lots of compliments. I love the bygone eras as far as the style and care taken each and most every day.

Thanks for the input on the yogurt and peanut butter, everyone. I see now that I was making a huge mistake with that -- that explains the couple pounds that crept on and weren't leaving. I have fixed that, though I am not weighing until this Wednesday, because I need to live more inwardly, weight wise, and not always take all my cues from the scale.

Have a good day all ~~
Old 07-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #419  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Quick question for the maintainers out there. My coach was saying that I needed to keep taking supplements during Phase 3 and maintenance. I'm a little suspicious because sometimes I feel that they are trying to get me to hand over as much money as possible! I already take a different Omega supplement but just wanted to know what other, if any, supplements the maintainers continue taking?
Old 07-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #420  

Rosie, I am not taking any supplements during Phase 4. I feel that my diet is balanced enough now without them. I discussed this w/ my dr. because I feel better off of them. I have a history of bad physical reactions to vitamins.
Closed Thread