Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree. So happy for you. You are our leader and a true supporter for all of us. So proud of you
Old 04-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Thanks Want2b! My week is looking exciting. Going to my clinic for a seminar on Thurs. with Kawaii, wedding dress shopping for my niece on Fri and then heading to DC overnight on Sat to catch the end of the Cherry Blossoms.

I think it is how the comment is said. I did feel beautiful before. I was proud of myself for speaking up in response. I was also cognizant of the fact that when I was heavier, his comment would have hurt me. Now, I understood that his intention was good.

The last 7 pounds must have made a big difference because my family said tons of nice things and I saw most of them in mid March. I really can not see it, so am hoping the phantom fat class will help me get my head around it.

As for parts of my body that I am hoping will tightening up- upper arms. Have the most skin there. Some of the vets here say that it takes a while for the skin to rebound.

How was your weekend, Want2b? Are you feeling any better about this journey?

Wow Luccilove, Thanks!

Update: DC trip is off They want 356 dollars for each train ticket. Too much for overnight!

Last edited by Slipfree; 04-14-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #123  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Hey everyone,

Glad to hear about all of the successes and positive things going on. Great photos Steph! Congrats! I had a great weekend with friends and family in Seattle. They were all quite shocked to see me and were very interested in the program and went above and beyond to make sure that all of our meals had healthy options available to me. I also wanted to share with them so I grilled chicken breasts with just a few basic seasonings and they all really enjoyed them so it was fun to share.

In my weigh in on Friday I was only down a pound which was ok but also kind of surprising. However, my BCA showed that I had gained 5 lbs of muscle and lost 6 lbs of fat. Those numbers may be a little inflated but it definitely shows trends in the right directions!

I have had a few other great NSV's in the past few days as well.My roommate and his dad have been hiking this mountain trail close to my house for several months now and I've wanted to go, but I just didn't have the courage to think I could make it up. They have encouraged me several times to try and if we have to turn around then it's no problem. We'll just keep trying it. I finally got the courage to go and I ended up going on the day they go up the steepest/hardest trail, which is a little over a mile long They say making it up in 30 min is a good pace. We made it up in 27 including maybe 2 min of rest for water and a quick breather. I was very proud of myself and my coach gave me permission to do it once a week so I'm going to continue doing it!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #124  

Jig, I always like reading your NSVs because they make me smile I just want to break out into the song, Climb every mountain! Sounds like a triumphant week.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #125  
Jig

Thanks Slip! I don't know which ones I like more, the scale victories or the nonscale ones haha. I'm just excited about the totality of all of us improving our health!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Lucci...welcome back! Glad you're finally getting some nice weather and that you got to sell some of your clothes.

Slipfree- So excited for you getting to cross off that last pound! You're in the home stretch and you're going to rock maintenance!

Jig- Congrats on your hike! That's awesome! There are lots of hikes I'm looking forward to doing once I get in better shape. Walking feels a lot better at this point after losing 60 lbs, so I think I'll stick with that and the elliptical to train to do hillier and eventually mountain hikes.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: I am feeling better about my journey, thanks for asking. Back on track and looking foward to the 160's! I have to keep better track of my cycles, I have realized that I have no motivation and want to eat anything in site 2 weeks before TOM. Seems weird to me to have PMS 2 weeks before but I guess it is what it is.

Jig: Sounds like your weekend was a success, nice to have supporters! Great job hiking. We hiked once while in Oahu, it was such a great feeling to know that I did it. Proud of you, soon you will be running up there!

Kooky: It is a good idea that you have hikes you want to eventually do, keeps us motivated. I think I may have to give that some thought.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #128  

Want2b- glad that you are feeling better. I too, am looking forward to the 160s. Have not seen those numbers since high school. Agree with you on the pms too.

Made a cabbage and chicken stir fry tonight similar to moo shu chicken. Also made some spicy ginger Tazo tea into ice tea with a little vanilla stevia. On Sat., I bought some Popsicle forms at HomeGoods. Today, I froze strawberry banana rtd. One bottle made two pops. Nice treat.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Had a good workout today, was really working good, and wanted to be there! That's a good and rewarding feeling. We all know we don't always feel like doing it, but today was GREAT! Headed to Winnipeg, Manitoba for the weekend for some Easter R and R! Can't wait to have lost 50lbs, that achievable - and a good goal to reach and then set another goal! It was nice to get to the 230's and know motivated to get to the 220's. I know most of you are a lot smaller, but you get the jist of the scale and my plan!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Want2b- glad that you are feeling better. I too, am looking forward to the 160s. Have not seen those numbers since high school. Agree with you on the pms too.

Made a cabbage and chicken stir fry tonight similar to moo shu chicken. Also made some spicy ginger Tazo tea into ice tea with a little vanilla stevia. On Sat., I bought some Popsicle forms at HomeGoods. Today, I froze strawberry banana rtd. One bottle made two pops. Nice treat.
SLIPFREE thanks for the suggestion of making popsicles from the RMD Mango!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Checking in, taking things one day at a time. I'm chugging along OP. I go see the surgeon on Wednesday, so hopefully soon this will be behind me and I will be back to working out and feeling chipper..
Old 04-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #132  

Dlr, Your 50 pounds mark will be here in no time. You have exactly the right approach- achievable goals. I have made mine- 10 pound increments. In June 2013, I weighed 250 (I had lost 13 pounds prior to starting IP) setting small goals has been vital to staying on track.

Glad that you are going to try the frozen pops.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #133  

Good morning everyone,

So time for a little work:

1. What is your next goal on our journey?

2. What is the best thing that has happened to you since losing your pounds?

3. Do you have any fears/ concerns?

4. What do you think has contributed to your success?

5. What is your favorite new clothing item so far?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #134  

My next goal is getting into the 160s

The best thing that has happened is that my blood pressure is 114/74
without medication. Those first size 10s were fun too.

I am not too thrilled with the texture of some of my skin and hope it
tightens up some. I am nervous about phase 3 because I do not like
breakfast early in the morning

Planning and being prepared. Setting a plan in my mind before any
any event and sticking to it. Changing up my food choices and being
creative with my cooking. Reading and posting on these threads.
Feeling emotionally committed to all of you and your success. Your support!

a pair of loose boyfriend jean capris and a blush colored tunic shirt
Old 04-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #135  
Jig

These are always fun

I'm attending a wedding in June for one of my oldest friends. I would like to be at 260 by then (I'm at 285 right now). This would put me at 100 lbs lost and within 10 lbs of my first major milestone, which is to get down to what I weighed as a senior in high school playing football.

The best thing is easily just how much better I feel. I always have more energy, I can do things without running out of breath and sweating to death. I push myself to do better constantly. I also enjoy when I see people I haven't seen in awhile and they are blown away by how I look.

My greatest concern is that I will become complacent and stop progressing. I have down well for over half a year now, but I do know that I get tired of the same old food and every once in awhile revert back to unhealthy choices. Changing your lifestyle is a marathon, not a sprint. I spent 26 years being unhealthy, it's hard to change those ingrained habits.

I am a firm believer that success breeds success. Every time I enjoy a new scale or non scale victory, I am only encouraged to keep moving on. I will hopefully soon be in uncharted territory for me as an adult and that is an exciting prospect.

I have yet to buy anything new since starting the diet. I've always kept old clothes in the hopes that I might one day fit into them. I've been doing a lot of closet shopping. So far it has worked out well for me. Prior to the diet I was wearing size 46/48 jeans. Now I'm in a 40 and even they are fairly loose. I don't have any 38s in my closet so I might have to go jean/pant shopping soon.
Closed Thread