Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #271  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
Steph,

She's chosen her school that she will be attending. She'll be going to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for their Honors Engineering program. She's not quite sure what type of specialization she wants to do, so she'll do exploratory programs to determine her specialization for the first year. She's leaning towards either Biomedical Engineering or Biochemical Engineering. She's also going to be doing a minor in either Physics or Mathematics.. We've heard wonderful things about the school, and she's very excited. They offered her almost an entire "full ride" scholarship to attend, so even though she was accepted to 6 other schools, this was her top pick.

I'm extremely proud of her!
I'm extremely proud of her too! What an awesome young lady. You're a lucky momma Kawaii.

Saw my coach today. She asked me to speak at a maintainers meeting next month. I'm flattered that she thinks I have done well with IP but I'm not sure I have a lot of insight into maintenance yet. It's still very new to me.

Picked up the new triple chocolate wafers. Definitely the best out of the wafers but still not a big fan of the powdery/airy texture of them. Not very filling for a 200 calorie restricted snack. Just finishing up a phase 1 day. There was a lot of "fun" this weekend lol.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 228.2/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi to all! You all are so amazing! I started ideal protein with you all in October and periodically check in to see how you all are doing. I am still chugging along also - lost 62lbs now - only 30 more to goal of 135��. I was hoping to see more before/now pictures of you all. At this point it is definitely noticeable on all of us. I won a weight loss challenge at my workplace and was asked to provide before and after photos so I wanted to share with you all. I will re-take pics when I reach my goal.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #273  

Here is before 228 and now 165 : ). So happy to have found IP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (35.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-29-2014, 09:18 AM   #274  

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (37.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kawaii: You have one smart daughter on your hands! I am proud for you! That is awesome.

Kooky: Good luck at lunch today, you can do it. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Steph: That is a nice compliment that your coach wants you to speak at the meeting. Are you going to do it? Maybe the coach wants a perspective of a new maintainer and how hard it is to figure out at first and everyone is different, and it will take time to figure it out. Just a thought.

All4me: You look amazing, congrats on the weight loss so far.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #276  

Height: 5 '6

All4me: You look wonderful! You must be so proud of yourself!! Thanks for posting pictures... They're always so inspiring!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 04-29-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!

The days are flying by so quickly. I feel as though I will never hit my curriculum markers for this year. Every time I turn around, I am missing more instruction time

All4Me, beautiful progress pictures! Welcome back. Some of us have posted our pics to the progress picture thread. Congrats on the 62 pounds!!!

Steph, I think you are doing great in maintenance. You inspire me, so I am sure you will help the group at your clinic.

Couple of NSVs today, I wore bright coral capris to work! I have always worn dark pants. Got dozens of-you are so thin comments, so I guess they look good. A women at work wanted to give me a bunch of size 8 pants, I told her that I am a 10 and she stood up to check because she did not believe me.

Want2b- what's up with you?

Jig, where are you?

Kooky, How was lunch and your visit with your friend?

Sweetness, Are you out there? Hope all is well.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #278  

Slip: Still plugging along. I read and post replies but didn't have anything substantial to say about myself this week. LOL Thanks for checking up on me!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #279  

Height: 5'2

Slip and want2b - thanks for your confidence in my maintenance abilities. We'll see what happens with the speaking gig.

All4me - great pics! Congrats and thanks for sharing with us.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:19 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies (and Jig)! I got back from dinner a little bit ago and I am pretty sure I did ok. I had sea bass and broccoli. It was really good and they said they would only use olive oil on both. I couldn't taste any butter, so I think it was just olive oil...just hope it doesn't affect my WI tomorrow. I guess it won't help to worry about it now. It was nice catching up with my friend and it was actually warm enough for us to eat outside on the deck of the restaurant. I'm getting more confident about ordering at restaurants, but just hope they follow the instructions. That's the part I still get nervous about because I'm a little bit of a control freak.

Steph- congrats on your speaking invite! I would definitely take that as a compliment.

Slipfree- Coral capris...sounds cute! Congrats on the NSV!

Last edited by KookySuki; 04-30-2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #281  

WI day for me, same as last week. I am actually happy with that, yesterday I was up 2.2lbs, stupid water weight. Oh well, looking forward to next week and a loss then. I will get there, no matter how long it takes me. I can actually imagine a 150lbs on the scale one day. Isn't it amazing how far
we have come in 6.5 months? So glad I got my head in the game and joined all of you.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #282  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bskinnyagain View Post
WI day for me, same as last week. I am actually happy with that, yesterday I was up 2.2lbs, stupid water weight. Oh well, looking forward to next week and a loss then. I will get there, no matter how long it takes me. I can actually imagine a 150lbs on the scale one day. Isn't it amazing how far
we have come in 6.5 months? So glad I got my head in the game and joined all of you.
You're doing great! I'm proud of us! It's pretty amazing how far we've come. I have my WI later, but my home scale WI this morning looks promising. Let's hope the clinic scale is lower than my home scale like usual.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:13 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 264/248/175

Height: 5'6"

All4ME You look fantastic! Great job!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

All4me: YOU look amazing! Love the confidence and the white jeans! It's wonderful to see the "emotional" changes that people have once they start shedding the lbs..
So glad everyone's been doing really well with program. I'm getting ready to go for my post surgical follow-up, and still feeling really tired, and I get tired out really easy. Not quite sure why. Other than that, I'm feeling much better. Food and I still have a bit of a tenuous relationship. My IP chocolate drink is my buddy. Go for my WI tomorrow morning at the center, been feeling kinda stuck in a rut.. feeling kinda meh.. about weight loss, about IP.. about everything. I need some sunshine darn it (it's been cloudy/rainy here for days and days now.. Ok.. all done whining! I can't really complain too much, my life is blessed, and I am recovering.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #285  

I just got back from my WI and lost 2.4 lbs.

I had an interesting talk with my coach about alcohol and P1. She just went to an IP conference for ongoing training and was told that people on P1 can die from drinking alcohol while in P1. I knew we weren't supposed to drink until maintenance, but death? Hadn't heard that was a consequence...yikes! I'm guessing that people are just way more susceptible to alcohol poisoning since we take in so few calories and lose our tolerance for alcohol. I have only had alcohol twice since starting IP and felt crappy afterwards both times. One of the times (when hard liquor was involved), I got violently sick and threw up that night and the entire next day.

Because of this danger, the clinic I go to is going to give the client a warning if they drink and then fire the client the second time. It must be a pretty serious risk if they are taking this tough of a stance. Apparently this procedure was recommended by IP to deal with clients who won't give up alcohol on P1. I guess it does present a huge liability to IP and clinic owners, so they probably are better off parting ways with these clients to avoid getting sued if the person dies while on IP due to drinking alcohol.

Anyways, this announcement comes at an opportune time because my friend from college is visiting next week. I was going to cheat and have some wine with her, but now I'm not. I'm getting close enough to goal (26-36 more lbs to lose to get to healthy weight range) and don't want to prolong my time on P1. I'm mentally ready to get to maintenance even though it will be more work and require more thought/planning. I'm feeling like I'm ready to move on and start a new chapter in my life. I really don't mind P1 anymore because most of the time it's easy, just looking forward to moving on soon. Hopefully my body cooperates.

Last edited by KookySuki; 04-30-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Closed Thread