Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #181  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Krill Oil should not have a foul smell either.

IKOS

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-18-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:22 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Love the quote, Kawaii. And to clarify what joy means to me- it is far beyond being happy. It is something special, an exceptional moment where the indulgence would be part of the experience. These deep joyful moments are rare and that is what I tell myself when I am tempted to use food as a reward or a panacea for life's woes.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #183  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Down another 3 lbs at weigh in this morning! I'll take it! I'm definitely loving this new clinic. Been going there about a month now. They track so much more than just weight. I have zero knowledge of biology and anatomy, so the list of stuff they track is all mumbo jumbo to me. Today my coach was going over my visceral fat rating and what it meant. She told me that for men, she would like to see our rating under 13, and the lower the better. When I first came to this clinic my rating was at 19 and in less than a month it's down to 16, which is important for me since my family has a history of diabetes and other weight related issues. Getting healthier!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Argh! I just typed out personalized replies to everyone and lost it!

I will shorten it because I don't feel like retyping it all.

I'm happy for everyone's successes this week and hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Generic, I know, but you can blame the internets for losing my nice responses to you.

Last edited by KookySuki; 04-18-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Kooky--Have a nice weekend as well.

Slipfree-We leave Sunday from Miami on NCL Epic--we are going to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Cozumel, Mexico, and Costa Maya Mexico. We are going because it is my friend's 50th bday cruise. They are flying from LA. They surprised us on my 40th. We are not surprising her but I have goodies planned each night for her-should be fun. Their neighbors and daughter are going too-it will be her 16th bday while on board. We all just want to relax in warm weather.

Cant wait for them to see me and wear my new clothes.

I don't drink at all so I will have one frozen fun drink and toast it to you guys who have given me all the love, support, and hugs I needed to get me where I am today!!! (I mean that by the way)

Happy Passover and Easter to all who celebrate.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #186  

Height: 5'2

Slip - I remember a while back saying that I would love to see your progress photos and you told me that you probably would never share them with us on the 3FC forum. You have obviously gained so much confidence and I am so happy and proud of you that you were able to share your photos with us today. You look freakin' fantastic! I'm sure Kawaii had a bit of positive influence in this situation Hope you had fun wedding dress shopping.

Lucci - Have fun on your cruise! Phase 3 is awesome and you might even lose weight if you stick to it 100%. If you don't stick to it 100% - just have a good time and resume with Phase 1 when you get back.

Kawaii - Congrats on the tiny pinky ring!

Jig - Glad to hear you're enjoying your new clinic. Sounds like they have their shiz together.

WB Hiker

want2b - Sorry you didn't get to sleep in. 7:30am would have been majorly sleeping in for me as I'm usually up at 5:30am :P

Kooky - Congrats on 60lbs lost! Holy moly!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #187  

Jig. Way to go on the pounds gone forever. Glad that the clinic is a better fit for you. Makes it worth the $$. Great number decrease with the visceral fat!

Luccilove, I want to go on your cruise! It sounds like so much fun and I am tired of being frozen. Showing success to loved ones is exciting and I know that you are going to look fantastic in your new clothes!

Kooky, whatcha up to this weekend?

Steph, I had an aha moment at the phantom fat class. I have an outgoing personality with a bit of charm thrown in. Not everyone in my life has appreciated my innate confidence, so I think that I worked pretty hard to dim my shine. Not in my career, but def. in my family and love life. When I realized that, I decided that I am going to shine brightly. The people who love me will appreciate it and those who don't are not supportive anyway.

The clinic owner said to look at your progress pictures to help your brain adjust to your new body. She said have someone draw an outline of your body to get a realistic view. Also stand in front of a mirror, close your eyes, put out your hands to the size you think your waist is, then open eyes to see if you are accurate or off base. People who do not work to change the Phantom fat feeling are more likely to gain the weight back, because they think, feel and act like someone heavier.

As for today, my niece is going to be a beautiful bride. She is 5'9 and 135 pounds. She wears a size 4 wedding gown. She looked gorgeous in every dress. Dinner was a challenge. Great food and wine all around me, but I ate clean.

Last edited by Slipfree; 04-18-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig View Post
Down another 3 lbs at weigh in this morning! I'll take it! I'm definitely loving this new clinic. Been going there about a month now. They track so much more than just weight. I have zero knowledge of biology and anatomy, so the list of stuff they track is all mumbo jumbo to me. Today my coach was going over my visceral fat rating and what it meant. She told me that for men, she would like to see our rating under 13, and the lower the better. When I first came to this clinic my rating was at 19 and in less than a month it's down to 16, which is important for me since my family has a history of diabetes and other weight related issues. Getting healthier!

Jig,

This made me so happy! So glad to hear your losses are continuing . The visceral fat is the fat that's in and around your internal organs, so it's really important to have that number be "in the green" (that's what my center calls a healthy level).
Old 04-19-2014, 12:29 PM   #189  

Good morning!

The sun is shining here, it is supposed to get into the 60s today. My scale is down to 170 today for Weekly WI. Couple more ounces until the 160s.

Going to run the roads a little today. Getting some errands done.

Have a fantastic OP day! You are worth every effort.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Phantom Fat Class Notes

Hey all... before I forget, I wanted to post these. I just wrote bullet point notes so that it would be easier to remember this later on. Here they are:
  • Put clothes on that are from before your weight loss to help retrain your brain into seeing you really are smaller
  • You have to remember the reasons why you started to eat the stuff that made you overweight. Remembering it helps you to not repeat the past when you get to maintenance.
  • Study your before and after photos ALOT. This will give you reference points; good and bad. You will see your "flaws" but you will ALSO see the parts of you that look great. From there you can learn to accentuate the positive things, and that will help obscure the things you might not like as much.
  • Remember that you lost weight to become healthy, not to become a model. Models are unhealthy representations of perfection that we cannot attain. They're airbrushed works of art... not REAL PEOPLE
  • With a friend, put craft paper up on the wall. Make sure it is wide enough to show your entire outline. Have your friend draw a very tight outline of your body. Then step away from it. It will more than likely be smaller than you imagine yourself. This is something you can do repeatedly as you are going through weight loss, and you will see your shrinking self.
  • Listen to how you talk to yourself. Think about the things you say. Would you let someone else say the things that you say about yourself to YOU? Personally, this one was really hard for me and I talked about this while at the class. A few years ago, my therapist told me that she wanted me for one week to write down EVERY negative thing I said about myself (even if it was just a thought, not verbalized). In one week I filled an 80 page notebook (one of the little ones that you can carry in your purse). The second step in the activity was harder. For every time I had a negative thought/statement about myself, I had to say something positive. I cannot convey how hard this was. It took me MONTHS.. and I mean months of very hard work. Now, I actually like the person I am, and I don't say quite so many horrible things about me to myself. But if I find I'm having a bad day and being particularly negative, I go right back to that activity of telling myself something that I like, or something positive about myself.
Hope this helps people in some small way. Love all my Newbs!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Jig: Another great loss!! Your visceral fat rating is dropping, that is great! Keep it up!

Lucci: Have a great cruise and enjoy the heat.

Slip: You are so right about the people loving you for who you are, they will still be there for you. You will find out who your real supporters are, it may be hard at first but more rewarding in the long run. Great job on eating clean with temptaion around you.

Kawaii: Love the notes from the phantom class, some great points to think about.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #192  

Hi,

Want2b, thanks for the support. It was the hardest challenge so far, 4 courses of delicious gourmet food and wine for 3 hours at one of my favorite restaurants. I just focused on the company and drank a LOT of herbal ice tea.

Today, I went out pants shopping. The tens at JCrew fit but looked too tight. So I guess that I will be waiting until I hit 160. No sense in buying 12s. I did buy myself something that I have wanted for years as my 170 reward, Uggs!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:44 PM   #193  

Height: 5 '6

I was at an event today where I saw lots of people I haven't seen in quite awhile... I heard the words "You look AMAZING!" over and over all day!! It was music to my ears!!! I was waving at a friend across the room and she didn't know who I was!! LOL
Old 04-19-2014, 11:49 PM   #194  

Yay Hiker! What a great payoff for all of your hard work. These are the moments to hold on to when faced with a challenge. I am so happy for you.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #195  

Height: 5'2

Hoppy Easter friends!
Closed Thread