Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #31  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

Default

I started at 321 and my coach doesn't allow me any extra packets or protein. I have 3 packets a day, 8 oz protein and 4 cups of veggies. No more than one restricted. In regards to the wafers, are you eating those every day? I thought the wafers were no more than 2x a week.
CarbLover443 is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #32  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbLover443 View Post
I started at 321 and my coach doesn't allow me any extra packets or protein. I have 3 packets a day, 8 oz protein and 4 cups of veggies. No more than one restricted. In regards to the wafers, are you eating those every day? I thought the wafers were no more than 2x a week.
P1 sheet lists the wafers as restricted to once a day.
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #33  
Round 2
 
pegeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 52

S/C/G: 315/289.6/160

Height: 5'5

Default

people will probably disagree with me.. but i was on IP for 3 months.. weight loss stalled and i read that having something higher fat/carb can "surprise" your body and get things moving again. i had ice cream (shame on me i know) and ended up losing 6 pounds that week.

not necessarily recommending to do that but sometimes a change up does the body good.
pegeye is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #34  
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,341

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Hi Lisa I have only lost net 1lbs in the last 3-4 weeks and sometimes I gain two and then it goes back to my last lowest weight. I am 99.99% OP its hard for me to say if I am 100% there are days when I dont have my packet in the afternoon because I had meat for lunch. I get all my water in and I have also not lost any inches
Kd- Hi we are close to the same height...and you know how much of a challenge being undertall is on ANY diet...Short in stature...and also the short straw when it comes to this!

When I was getting down I noticed as I hit the 130s...things REALLY slowed down for me. That sounds about right because I believe the dictum is 5lbs for every inch on the weight range scales according to height. (example...some of the charts don't go below 5'...so the formula is to subtract 5lbs per inch to get your range if you are under 5')

My point is you may be hitting that point where the going gets real slow...so don't think it is necessarily anything you are doing or not doing. Exercise (light) might help if you are not doing it yet. Also...depending on your age and hormone status...a lot could be going on. With losing weight estrogen was released ...from the stored fat. Now that is reduced...your own residual hormone levels, water retention and the whole 9 yards of that will possibly change things for you as the last phases of this unfold. I was past all that, and also had a hysterectomy almost 10 yrs ago...so the hormone thing was a moot point for me, but it is a significant player for most of the women on this site.
Patience..and soldier on!! You are really close.

Last edited by 65X65; 04-08-2014 at 04:06 PM.
65X65 is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #35  
Member
Thread Starter
 
beardude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 360/289/220

Height: 6.0

Default

My meat protein changes from steak, to chicken, to pork (lean chops) to roast beef, and Ground Beef. Strangely enough, my weight losses are usually noticeable the day after eating the ground beef. Maybe it's the little extra fatty meat that changes things up or tricks the body! Coincidence??? Maybe! Maybe not! I would love to be able to eat fish, but I'm not a lover of it, and living in a rural area, it's hard to get fresh fish. Add to this, I'm allergic to some shellfish.
beardude is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #36  
Member
Thread Starter
 
beardude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 360/289/220

Height: 6.0

Default

I have been strictly on plan since I started but for Easter, I'm travelling 7 hours away to the city for a weekend, and I have decided that this is going to be my "Cheat Weekend". Not going overboard or anything, but when going to see friends and going out to eat at restaurants, it's kind of hard to be on a strict diet. So I'm going to make the best choices, but I'm going to indulge a little. I can't wait to have a cheesburger that actually has a bun! I have actually dreamed about bread. Was never a lover of sandwiches, but when you dream about a clubhouse sandwich, you know you would love to have a slice of bread! I gave up pop, chocolate and potato chips without a craving, but would love a piece a bread. Not a lot. One slice would do! bawhaahaha!
beardude is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #37  
Senior Member
 
kdspirited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 247

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Post a couple days' menus and we can see if there are any tips we can find to help you out!

It is essential to get ALL your packets in... You can have your meat meal at lunch, but then you have your packet at dinner.

Eating TOO LITTLE can also stall weight loss. Counter-intuitive I know, but very true! So are you measuring all veggies and meat (raw), adding your oil on your food (not cooking with it), drinking all water? Also many of our losers eat 3-4 cups lettuce each day which also aids losses.

Try changing up your meat and enjoy a nice steak once a week or so... Often losses will follow the slightly increased fat (though still a lean steak, so not a rib eye!)
Chocolate shake (non RTD) for breakfast
Salad for lunch to get my greens in with Olive oil 2tsp
Meat (Chicken, Turkey and occasional Beef) for Dinner with a soup packet
64OZ of water every day
kdspirited is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #38  
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Chocolate shake (non RTD) for breakfast
Salad for lunch to get my greens in with Olive oil 2tsp
Meat (Chicken, Turkey and occasional Beef) for Dinner with a soup packet
64OZ of water every day
Where's your 3rd packet?
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #39  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Chocolate shake (non RTD) for breakfast
Salad for lunch to get my greens in with Olive oil 2tsp
Meat (Chicken, Turkey and occasional Beef) for Dinner with a soup packet
64OZ of water every day
Are you eating all four cups of veggies at lunch? That's a lot of veggies in one sitting.

In my opinion, you might try upping your water to 80 oz. I notice if I don't get at least 80 it effects my losses. I aim for a minimum of 100 a day.

Also, having all your 8 oz of protein + a packet for dinner that's a lot of protein in one sitting.

You might try doing the diet the way it is set out on the P1 sheet - 2 cups veggies plus a packet for lunch, 8 oz meat plus 2 cups of veggies for dinner and have your "snack" packet at whatever time works for you. It might help get you back on track.
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #40  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardude View Post
I have been strictly on plan since I started but for Easter, I'm travelling 7 hours away to the city for a weekend, and I have decided that this is going to be my "Cheat Weekend". Not going overboard or anything, but when going to see friends and going out to eat at restaurants, it's kind of hard to be on a strict diet. So I'm going to make the best choices, but I'm going to indulge a little. I can't wait to have a cheesburger that actually has a bun! I have actually dreamed about bread. Was never a lover of sandwiches, but when you dream about a clubhouse sandwich, you know you would love to have a slice of bread! I gave up pop, chocolate and potato chips without a craving, but would love a piece a bread. Not a lot. One slice would do! bawhaahaha!
A "cheat weekend" is not built into the IP protocol. Eating at restaurants and staying OP is not difficult. Order grilled meat with no seasonings and done in olive oil, double veggies, hold the starches. Many people find it very difficult to get back to 100% after a cheat - it really is easy to justify extra cheats after one. Of course, you are an adult and will make your own choices, but you really should consider skipping the cheat and staying 100%.
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #41  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,209

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Chocolate shake (non RTD) for breakfast
Salad for lunch to get my greens in with Olive oil 2tsp
Meat (Chicken, Turkey and occasional Beef) for Dinner with a soup packet
64OZ of water every day
I agree with the couple previous post for you...

Give yourself a couple weeks of 100% of following the plan the way it is laid out. I think you will feel better and experience a true IP loss that better matches your expectations. Your current menu is not truly the IP eating plan and might be working against you!

B - "packet" (meaning any IP food - shake, cereal, bar, etc) coffees or tea if you like
L - packet, 2 cups IP approved veggies measured raw, and you can add lettuce to make it a salad along with your oil
D - 8 oz meat measured raw, 2 cups IP approved veggies
S - Packet (many use the restricted here, but it can be used for any one packet during the day). Also, some prefer the snack earlier in the day

Vitamins and WATER WATER WATER!!

Let us know if you have questions and especially let us know how you are doing!

Last edited by JLUS; 04-08-2014 at 09:38 PM.
JLUS is offline  
Old 04-09-2014, 07:07 AM   #42  
Member
Thread Starter
 
beardude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 360/289/220

Height: 6.0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
A "cheat weekend" is not built into the IP protocol. Eating at restaurants and staying OP is not difficult. Order grilled meat with no seasonings and done in olive oil, double veggies, hold the starches. Many people find it very difficult to get back to 100% after a cheat - it really is easy to justify extra cheats after one. Of course, you are an adult and will make your own choices, but you really should consider skipping the cheat and staying 100%.
I am aware that there is no such thing as a cheat weekend on Ideal Protein. I have read the documentation that goes with the program. I said I was travelling to a town 7 hours away for the weekend. I put cheat weekend in quotation marks to add emphasis. I am not going out shopping all day and going into some business asking them to use their microwave so I can warm up my chocolate drink in a shaker. Please! And I am aware that you can order grilled meat with no seasoning, etc. But not every eating establishment has grilled meat, like steak, on the menu. And there are lots who do not have the types of vegetables you are allowed to eat while on plan. And believe it or not, not every restaurant will bend to your wants and give you extra vegetables. If your's do, good for you. And yes, I am an adult, so I will use my judgement as to what I eat. As I said, I won't be going overboard, but I will indulge a little, and once the weekend is over, I will be back on plan, 100%, as always. I have no problem with those who stick 100% to their plan. Good for you. I have several friends and acquaintances who were on the program, have lost the weight they wanted, and "cheated" along the way. I never cheated, but I am still on my journey. I will change it from "cheat" to a treat! I am going to treat myself for nearly 4 months of strict diet.
beardude is offline  
Old 04-09-2014, 07:43 AM   #43  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,209

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Since the chosen TOPIC of this thread is "Weight Loss Stalled" and the original post requested assistance and suggestions as to why weight loss had stalled when he should be losing, I think it is perfectly reasonable that accurate and solid advice was given as to how best to stay on IP when eating out at restaurants.

Many people who are new to IP and are reading this thread are also very wary of eating at restaurants. They often think it cannot be done and either avoid it altogether or use it as a reason to go off plan. Those of us who respond to posts (any posts) want to be sure everyone reading them has an accurate idea of how to stay on IP in a variety of situations.

I think it is quite IMPORTANT to point out that it is easy to eat out by asking for grilled meat even though it is not offered that way on the MENU! (Just about every restaurant has a chicken breast and a grill, even if they don't have steak) and I haven't found a restaurant (other than fast food, which I am sure you are not referring to) that doesn't have broccoli, or zucchini or green beans or salad as a veggie choice. I also personally have NEVER been to a restaurant that would not omit the side starch and give me two servings of veggies... Not always equal to two cups, but close enough!!

So try to remember that responses to posts are meant to inform EVERYONE who may read them, not just the original poster.

Last edited by JLUS; 04-09-2014 at 07:47 AM.
JLUS is offline  
Old 04-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #44  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Since the chosen TOPIC of this thread is "Weight Loss Stalled" and the original post requested assistance and suggestions as to why weight loss had stalled when he should be losing, I think it is perfectly reasonable that accurate and solid advice was given as to how best to stay on IP when eating out at restaurants.

Many people who are new to IP and are reading this thread are also very wary of eating at restaurants. They often think it cannot be done and either avoid it altogether or use it as a reason to go off plan. Those of us who respond to posts (any posts) want to be sure everyone reading them has an accurate idea of how to stay on IP in a variety of situations.

I think it is quite IMPORTANT to point out that it is easy to eat out by asking for grilled meat even though it is not offered that way on the MENU! (Just about every restaurant has a chicken breast and a grill, even if they don't have steak) and I haven't found a restaurant (other than fast food, which I am sure you are not referring to) that doesn't have broccoli, or zucchini or green beans or salad as a veggie choice. I also personally have NEVER been to a restaurant that would not omit the side starch and give me two servings of veggies... Not always equal to two cups, but close enough!!

So try to remember that responses to posts are meant to inform EVERYONE who may read them, not just the original poster.
Thank you JLUS! That is a great post. Pre-planning has gotten me through many a trip and occasion successfully. The travel threads that were recently bumped are chock full of great advice for staying OP while on the road.
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 04-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #45  
Senior Member
 
kdspirited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 247

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Default

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I will try and stay 100% OP and report back. I feel as my stomach is shrunk i have a hard time taking all my 8OZ of meat in one sitting. I was splitting it up between lunch and dinner. That is why I was skipping an extra packet in the afternoon. I will switch it back but I might gag after my first 4OZ of meat :-)
kdspirited is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.