Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #226  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslady39 View Post
Hello, I started IP on 4/9/14. Today is day 5 and I have lost 7 lbs so far. I'm finding that I am not hungry and I am starting to get used to the sort of strange protein taste of the food. So far, so good!
Welcome, Texas Lady!

7 lbs in 5 days is AMAZING!!

You should be super proud of yerself!

I'm not hungry either.

IP is amazing.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:19 AM   #227  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden10 View Post
Hi, I'm so glad I found this forum! I was searching the web for information and support for IP and didn't find much of anything! I've just finished my first week. It didn't go so well. I cheated a little bit. And I was hungry and I thought the sweet packets were way too sweet and the savory packets too salty! As someone else said, I'm having trouble with the 4 cups of veggies, and also the 8oz of meat. And, my coach isn't very coach-like. So, I don't want to discourage anyone, by sharing this, but it's where I'm at.
Any encouragement or advice is appreciated! Again, I'm so happy to have found this site!
Welcome, Eden!

First of all, I am very surprised that IP didn't come up too much in a web search.

I lost over 20 lbs in my first 24 days, so I am stunned and ecstatic with IP.

I feel like IP got me out of a prison of weight gain, diet failure, and despair.

So in a couple of years I think the web will be filled with IP praises.

I think you'll find that by the end of week three that you'll be in ketosis and it won't matter what the food tastes like.

I just eat now to follow the protocol. I don't care about the food. How it tastes.

Now...that is a MIRACLE of freedom for me.

I'm glad you found this site too, Eden...

All the best to you!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:22 AM   #228  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover811 View Post
Hello all! I stated IP 3 weeks ago and am finally getting around to introducing myself. I'm loving the results from my first 3 weeks (-18.2) and it is so motivating to see results immediately. People are starting to notice a difference and comment too, which is also great. I absolutely love this site and I think you all know more than my coach! Thank you so much in advanced for all the help I'm sure I will get here

Hi Book Lover,

Looks like we started close to the same day.

I can't believe how immediate IP results are.

CONGRATS on the -18.2!!

I love this site too!

No coach could EVER compare with this group of IP diet stars!!

Anyhow, I am a book lover too.

What kind of books do you like?

My favorite are books on natural health. To me they read like spy novels!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #229  

Default Newbie started 4/10

Newbie here. finding this pretty darn easy. Would love to make a veggie soup, but without tomato juice as base, not sure how to make it. Ideas? Would love to have online buddies!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:26 AM   #230  
Loving Ideal Protein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan View Post
Newbie here. finding this pretty darn easy. Would love to make a veggie soup, but without tomato juice as base, not sure how to make it. Ideas? Would love to have online buddies!
Hi Illini Fan,

Welcome!

I am finding this pretty darn easy too. I just finished day 29 and lost over 21 lbs.

I am in shock since I am a former dieting FAILURE!

Hopefully someone with a good veggie soup recipe will pony up!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #231  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan View Post
Hi! For soup, I'd boil some chicken breasts or thighs, use the broth for the base and then add your veggies. Season as needed.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5' 2"

Default Day 2 New to IP Diet - Not sure yet?

I am new to Ideal Protein diet. I am 63 and have never dieted but at 5'2" and 185lbs it is time. I am trying this for 2 weeks for free from the provider but the breakfast and lunch provided options are a bit bizarre. I was given a variety of things to try the first week. I haven't found much that is good tasting but it is only day 2 so I am going to stick it out and hope to find something ok to eat. I want to be healthy!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #233  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovern51 View Post
I am new to Ideal Protein diet. I am 63 and have never dieted but at 5'2" and 185lbs it is time. I am trying this for 2 weeks for free from the provider but the breakfast and lunch provided options are a bit bizarre. I was given a variety of things to try the first week. I haven't found much that is good tasting but it is only day 2 so I am going to stick it out and hope to find something ok to eat. I want to be healthy!
Welcome!
What are the "bizzare" items? Perhaps some of us can help you find ways to make them palatable. In the first post daily chat, you'll find links for recipes and packet hacks. Maybe they will help. They sure help me!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovern51 View Post
Welcome! Yes, do share what items you are trying and we can perhaps help with ideas for enjoying them.

Also MANY people find that as they "detox" from sugars, salt, fats, etc associated with much of the prepared foods we are used to eating, that their palate changes. Things that were "awful" in the first couple weeks sometimes end up being a favorite a few weeks later!

Also, some people are satisfied to find two or three favorites and eat them over and over (but if you get bored, you will do better with variety and some good recipes to help out!)
Old 04-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 181.6/165/125

Height: 5'1"

Greetings!
I started IP 3 weeks ago and I'm down 11.2lbs. I lost 35lbs on Weight Watchers in 2012 and then spent the next 18 months gaining and losing the same 10lbs. LOL My WW starting weight was 205 but I started my profile here at my IP starting weight of 181.6.

I am very happy with my weight loss on IP though I am a little concerned as I have not lost many inches and I've lost over 5lbs of muscle mass. I am a heavy gym user; in fact I'm in the process of getting certified as a personal trainer. I did not workout the first two weeks but went back to the gym during week 3 and cut back my intensity a little bit. I'm pretty sure I need to back off my workouts even more which I really, really do not want to do. In any case getting the weight off once and for all is my primary goal with IP so if I absolutely have to cut further back I'm willing to knowing that it will be temporary. I've searched older posts in this forum and there's a lot of confusion with regards to exercise. It's not clear if I should try not to get my heart rate too high or not lift weights or both or..... ? I'll keep looking through older posts but if anyone wants to chime in here that would be awesome!

Looking forward to engaging with this forum.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

Smile

I started the IP program two weeks ago and just found this forum on the weekend. I have been sticking to the protocol for the past two weeks and I lost 2 lbs my first week. When I reviewed my diary I realized I was consuming two tbsp of oil rather than one and I was consuming a restricted item everyday. I have cut back on the oil and tried a few recipes, as well as drinking lots and lots of herbal tea to curb my appetite. I still feel 'hungry' throughout the day but I am pushing through the hunger and drinking more water. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and fingers crossed that I will see some movement on the scale
Love reading the posts here for the encouragement, inspiration and all the tips and recipes.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
I started the IP program two weeks ago and just found this forum on the weekend. I have been sticking to the protocol for the past two weeks and I lost 2 lbs my first week. When I reviewed my diary I realized I was consuming two tbsp of oil rather than one and I was consuming a restricted item everyday. I have cut back on the oil and tried a few recipes, as well as drinking lots and lots of herbal tea to curb my appetite. I still feel 'hungry' throughout the day but I am pushing through the hunger and drinking more water. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and fingers crossed that I will see some movement on the scale
Love reading the posts here for the encouragement, inspiration and all the tips and recipes.
You ARE allowed one restricted per day so you set FINE on that part! The nutrition of the plan is built to allow 2 unrestricted and one restricted per day, so no worries.

Be sure to put your oil ON your food because cooking with it leaves lots in the pan and you don't benefit.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #238  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoiamus View Post
Greetings!
I started IP 3 weeks ago and I'm down 11.2lbs. I lost 35lbs on Weight Watchers in 2012 and then spent the next 18 months gaining and losing the same 10lbs. LOL My WW starting weight was 205 but I started my profile here at my IP starting weight of 181.6.

I am very happy with my weight loss on IP though I am a little concerned as I have not lost many inches and I've lost over 5lbs of muscle mass. I am a heavy gym user; in fact I'm in the process of getting certified as a personal trainer. I did not workout the first two weeks but went back to the gym during week 3 and cut back my intensity a little bit. I'm pretty sure I need to back off my workouts even more which I really, really do not want to do. In any case getting the weight off once and for all is my primary goal with IP so if I absolutely have to cut further back I'm willing to knowing that it will be temporary. I've searched older posts in this forum and there's a lot of confusion with regards to exercise. It's not clear if I should try not to get my heart rate too high or not lift weights or both or..... ? I'll keep looking through older posts but if anyone wants to chime in here that would be awesome!

Looking forward to engaging with this forum.
Post this on the Daily Chat and you will get way more responses since so many IPers read that and regularly respond!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #239  
No where to go but up

S/C/G: 235/235/145

Height: 5.4

Default Boston newbie

Hi all, as you can imagine its a somber yes uplifting week here. I've been lurking a bit waiting for my coach appointment etc but I'm ready to make this the year
5.4 and 235. First goal 25 lbs by June 20. Hope that is reasonable. Not sure how to do the fancy goal line but I will research.
Happy to join. Here we go!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 215.5/209.5/160

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

I used IP 4 years ago...lost 30 lbs and have gained 60 as of now. :'( So I'm back because I KNOW IT WORKS! And the first time I used it I cheated and never exercised, but still lost pounds. This time I am in a better mindset about the process and cannot wait to begin exercising once I am allowed! I will be receiving all of my IP 1st month supplies tomorrow and will officially start the program on Friday. I am so happy there is a support forum! I'll post my one week results the following Friday. I am so excited!!!

Last edited by kkimberlee; 04-16-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Closed Thread