Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 161/160/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Just Started IP Yesterday

Hi all - so I just started IP yesterday. After having a baby 3 years ago I have been unable to take off the weight. At 161 pounds I am at the heaviest I have ever been (other than pregnancy!) I don't think I look bad, but I don't feel comfortable or healthy. Having a baby at 40 really changed my body and I just want to feel better and live healthier for my little one. Even though I have only done one day so far I already feel lighter (is that possible?) I don't own a scale so maybe it's all in my head. So far this has been pretty easy. Was so full last night that I had a hard time eating the mandatory snack, but I did it. Plan on following this diet to the letter of the law. I want to lose 20 pounds. Wondering how long it will take? My doc says everyone is different but just curious of other peoples results. I'm guessing phase 1 for 2 months?
Old 03-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #122  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

Started IP today. Can't wait until 120 lbs! I'm really excited about learning new eating habits.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Welcome to all the newbies: I have been in maintenance since March 5th after losing 31 lbs in 3 1/2 months. If you've just started don't get too hung up about the # of lbs lost especially after your first weigh in... it does taper off. Concentrate on how your clothes fit, your measurements, body fat % changes etc. You will get to your goal!!

Jersey girl: 20 lbs in 2 months is not unrealistic, but I would aim for a little bit longer. The last 5-10 lbs are very difficult to move lol. I transitioned to Phase 2 then 3 while I still had 7 lbs to lose because I was at a plateau. I lost inches and weight even on Phase 3 so don't despair if it takes a bit longer than you think to get there. The more you have to lose, the quicker it comes off. And, wow, a baby at 40 - good luck with that - glad it wasn't me lol

Liana
If you need some food menu ideas there is an IP thread "What are you eating today IPeeps?"
Old 03-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #124  
Jim Bregar

S/C/G: 200

Height: 57"

Default Just Starting with IP

My wife and I are just starting with IP. This is our first try with per package foods. I need to lose 40 lbs and My wife 30 lbs. Hoping to find great support here. and look forward to all your words of wisdom.
Jim and Christine
Old 03-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #125  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Welcome to all the newbies: I have been in maintenance since March 5th after losing 31 lbs in 3 1/2 months. If you've just started don't get too hung up about the # of lbs lost especially after your first weigh in... it does taper off. Concentrate on how your clothes fit, your measurements, body fat % changes etc. You will get to your goal!!

Jersey girl: 20 lbs in 2 months is not unrealistic, but I would aim for a little bit longer. The last 5-10 lbs are very difficult to move lol. I transitioned to Phase 2 then 3 while I still had 7 lbs to lose because I was at a plateau. I lost inches and weight even on Phase 3 so don't despair if it takes a bit longer than you think to get there. The more you have to lose, the quicker it comes off. And, wow, a baby at 40 - good luck with that - glad it wasn't me lol

Liana
If you need some food menu ideas there is an IP thread "What are you eating today IPeeps?"
Thinks you for the advice! I worry too much what the scale says. I'm really excited for my first WI on Wednesday!

Day 4 was SO much easier than Day 1 and each day seems to get a little better with my hunger. After my eggs and cauliflower for dinner I was almost TOO full to eat my salad...lol. I said to myself, I should eat eggs more often, but I also think the diet is getting less difficult. I even saved my snack for tonight, which I say I'm going to do everyday, but by 2:30 I'm ready to eat my arm and end up eating it before dinner and then I'm hungry a few hours before bed.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #126  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNanaCyn View Post
Hi everyone! I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now, and finally decided it was time to join in. I started IP a few weeks ago and the clinic I was going to had their main coach on holidays and the other coach quit with no notice so I was kinda left stranded and didn't get off to a good start so I decided the program wasn't for me. But when the main coach came back and heard what had happened she contacted me and we talked everything through and I decided to give it another go. I'm on day 2 now and have the worst headache ever! I've been on Dr. Bernsteins before which is kinda the same (ketosis based plan), and I remember I had a headache in the first few days then as well, so I know it will ease up, but boy does it hurt now! I'm really excited to start this plan....I've heard good things about it!
I became a Nana last year and my little granddaughter is my inspiration to lose weight. I want to be able to get down on the floor and play with her and just have fun with her. I look forward to chatting with you all through this journey!!
This probably isn't the concensus, but my coach said I could take advil for the headaches, it helped a little, and I only used it the first day. Usually I too get headaches for at least 3 days, but mine only lasted 1. I think drinking more water helped me this time.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Looking forward to getting to know all of you as we go through the plan! Let's go March 2014 starters!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:50 PM   #128  

Default 3rd Week on plan

Hi everyone! I've spent hours reading posts and I just love this forum. There is so much great information, recipes, and encouragement. I was disappointed after my Week 2 weigh in. I was down 3 lbs. but it was muscle, not fat. My coach suggested I try 4 packets this week. So, I'm hoping that helps. I've never been on a diet where they asked me to eat more!

I've read a lot of posts saying that I should read the Daily Thread each day. What exactly is that?
Old 03-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_my_pups View Post
Hi everyone! I've spent hours reading posts and I just love this forum. There is so much great information, recipes, and encouragement. I was disappointed after my Week 2 weigh in. I was down 3 lbs. but it was muscle, not fat. My coach suggested I try 4 packets this week. So, I'm hoping that helps. I've never been on a diet where they asked me to eat more!

I've read a lot of posts saying that I should read the Daily Thread each day. What exactly is that?
It has a green arrow icon next to it. I think it says IP weekend chat. A new one comes up each day, just look for the green arrow (on left)

Last edited by Jillybee123; 03-30-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #130  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_my_pups View Post

Hi Love_my_pups and welcome!

3 pounds is a great loss! Why would you be disappointed? I know we all want it to go faster but our bodies tend to let go of fat when it wants to. Are your clothes feeling looser? Did you lose inches? The scale is only one measure of how you're doing.

Those scales that measure your body fat/lean mass are known to be inaccurate and you shouldn't take them as gospel, just another tool to show a downward trend and keep an eye on. Also, you didn't necessarily lose muscle (in fact, you probably didn't). Lean mass includes muscle, water, organs, skin, etc., etc. Pretty much everything that is not fat. Even assuming it was correct that you lost 3 lbs of lean mass, it probably wasn't muscle.

Hang in there - you can get incredible results from IP if you just stick with it 100%!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #131  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttndiane View Post
After trying many diets and failing, and after doing lots of studying on the IP Diet, I started my journey March 25th. Two days in, I am convinced I can do this successfully. The advice and encouragement in this group is amazing. Thank you all ..
Welcome, MttnDiane...

I am only on day 13. I feel exactly the same way. Like I can do this successfully.

That is a feeling I have never had on a diet before.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #132  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am on day 4 and am also a March starter. I lurked on these boards a ton before officially joining IP. This site is a great place for support, ideas, and encouragement!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #133  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Welcome Newbies....
I was a newbie almost 11 weeks ago! Time is flying fast. I have stayed 100% no cheats at all. In this time I have lost 40 lbs and 19 inches.

I have faith in all of us and am so happy to have found this product and this forum!
Good luck everyone, we are all in this together.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 232/228/175

Height: 5'7

Question ONE DAY 3 OF IP...WILL I SURVIVE lol

I am on day 3 of IP.....I am not sure I will survive lol please tell me it gets better LOL
Old 03-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #135  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHANNALSU View Post
I am on day 3 of IP.....I am not sure I will survive lol please tell me it gets better LOL
It gets better and you get stronger too.
Closed Thread