Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 200/192/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
So good to see you back! Re-welcome And Dooo add your experience...it is ssooo helpful!

Too...I have been "inabstentia" this week esp. and most recently...and will be off line for awhile. My dear mother passed away early this morning after a very long goodbye. Her dementia, and physical issues too much to bear for her body any longer.

We are off tomorrow for the place where I was raised. All six siblings...multitudes of grandchildren and all of the great grands will converge for the final farewell...my dear father trying to be the anchor still at age 90..

Not.

It is time for my generation to be in charge. He might let us. It was a gorgeous fall day. Blue skies and casually moving, wispy clouds. Crisp..but not a bad fall day. A hot cup of tea...and a reading of the Irish Blessing was in order....

And so it goes... a day for celebrating a life well lived.
AMEN.
Sorry for your loss. What a tribute to your mother that her six children and theirs will be present to celebrate her life and raise your father up in prayer and comfort.

You have a lovely spirit and I am so glad you found comfort in the beautiful day.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #137  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

So sorry for your loss 65. I hope that being with your family gives you comfort as you remember together and celebrate your mom.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default So off subject...but thanks.

Thank-you all. Our two adult daughters and the grand babies are flying in tomorrow .. also my nephew who was recently married is now enroute but we also have one young nephew who is a Marine and is on special ops in the field and still does not know. He is being deployed again soon...and we are not sure he will be allowed to come. This will be so hard for him to have to dealwith this alone.

We are planning a traditional Irish wake...and my sister who lives the closest geograpically has done a marvelous job of keeping things serene, calm and full of memories from long ago. Alzheimers takes it's toll on everyone, and the last few years were not easy for our family. We have already mourned deeply and had lost her a long time ago. She knew me the last time I saw her though...miraculously...she looked at me and smiled and said to my dad.."That's my kathie". My last memory. A treasure.

This week, we are now celebrating who my mother was for all the years before. An avid reader, a baker (Pies..cookies...HOMEMADE BREAD every day of my growing up life) .. a writer of prose and a poet. At some point may share one of her short poems about daily life. She loved Erma Bombeck's columns...and with 6 kids had plenty of her own material...would jot down quick poems at night about our days and life in a small house with 1 bathroom... in the quiet when she finally got everyone to bed. The family published on our own several volumes of her works over the years...(long before the iMAC books made that an easy endeavor!! ) but she also had a few pieces accepted later in life by some literary publications.

She and my dad would have been married 66 years this Thanksgiving. She went to nursing school on the GI bill, then met and married a young army WWII vet who was one of her patients (a bad boy who insisted, she and only she, give him a "bed bath") ...and as they say ...the rest is history. And family.

Thanks all for letting me say a few words. It's been therapeutic.. and the days ahead will be cathartic as we all get together to say the final goodbye. This has been so emotionally complex, and I know many many of you have dealt with this disease in your own families. We are not unique.

Peace to all of you...It has finally come for us.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #139  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Thank-you all. Our two adult daughters and the grand babies are flying in tomorrow .. also my nephew who was recently married is now enroute but we also have one young nephew who is a Marine and is on special ops in the field and still does not know. He is being deployed again soon...and we are not sure he will be allowed to come. This will be so hard for him to have to dealwith this alone.

We are planning a traditional Irish wake...and my sister who lives the closest geograpically has done a marvelous job of keeping things serene, calm and full of memories from long ago. Alzheimers takes it's toll on everyone, and the last few years were not easy for our family. We have already mourned deeply and had lost her a long time ago. She knew me the last time I saw her though...miraculously...she looked at me and smiled and said to my dad.."That's my kathie". My last memory. A treasure.

This week, we are now celebrating who my mother was for all the years before. An avid reader, a baker (Pies..cookies...HOMEMADE BREAD every day of my growing up life) .. a writer of prose and a poet. At some point may share one of her short poems about daily life. She loved Erma Bombeck's columns...and with 6 kids had plenty of her own material...would jot down quick poems at night about our days and life in a small house with 1 bathroom... in the quiet when she finally got everyone to bed. The family published on our own several volumes of her works over the years...(long before the iMAC books made that an easy endeavor!! ) but she also had a few pieces accepted later in life by some literary publications.

She and my dad would have been married 66 years this Thanksgiving. She went to nursing school on the GI bill, then met and married a young army WWII vet who was one of her patients (a bad boy who insisted, she and only she, give him a "bed bath") ...and as they say ...the rest is history. And family.

Thanks all for letting me say a few words. It's been therapeutic.. and the days ahead will be cathartic as we all get together to say the final goodbye. This has been so emotionally complex, and I know many many of you have dealt with this disease in your own families. We are not unique.

Peace to all of you...It has finally come for us.

May Peace be with you and yours in this time Mrs. Kathie. Celebrate your wonderful Mother and the strong love and wisdom she blessed you with.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #140  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
This week, we are now celebrating who my mother was for all the years before. An avid reader, a baker (Pies..cookies...HOMEMADE BREAD every day of my growing up life) .. a writer of prose and a poet. At some point may share one of her short poems about daily life. She loved Erma Bombeck's columns...and with 6 kids had plenty of her own material...would jot down quick poems at night about our days and life in a small house with 1 bathroom... in the quiet when she finally got everyone to bed.
Kathie - your mom sounds so much like mine! With 7 kids (added a few more after she died), a 2 bedroom house with one bath she could always relate to Bombeck and spent many an evening jotting down her own stories. Going back through her notebooks always gives me a smile and brings back some very happy memories.

Hugs to you and your family.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #141  

Height: 5'2"

Dear 65,
I'm so sorry for your loss. And from one Irishwoman to another:
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
So good to see you back! Re-welcome And Dooo add your experience...it is ssooo helpful!

Too...I have been "inabstentia" this week esp. and most recently...and will be off line for awhile. My dear mother passed away early this morning after a very long goodbye. Her dementia, and physical issues too much to bear for her body any longer.

We are off tomorrow for the place where I was raised. All six siblings...multitudes of grandchildren and all of the great grands will converge for the final farewell...my dear father trying to be the anchor still at age 90..

Not.

It is time for my generation to be in charge. He might let us. It was a gorgeous fall day. Blue skies and casually moving, wispy clouds. Crisp..but not a bad fall day. A hot cup of tea...and a reading of the Irish Blessing was in order....

AMEN.
65X65 = Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today and in the future. Being close to you in age, I have recently been through the same loss and it really was a changing of the guard - the 5 siblings became the oldest generation and we have had to work to put together a new social order - no more Mom to be the glue that held us together.

There is not a day that goes by that I either want to talk to her or have some of her calm wisdom. I mourn her loss but also know it was her time - she had a virulent and incurable form of liver cancer (unknown to us but maybe not to her). Her life could only have descended into a h*ll that would have been insufferable.

She must have been an incredible influence on your life for you have remarkable wisdom and patience. You are an honor to her.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #143  

Hi all
I'm starting this morning in the pool at the gym.
Then I'm canning sugar-free applesauce & cleaning house.

Social event with friends later.

Busy but fun & productive planned.

I'm staying off the scale for now but my clothes fit the same. And yesterday I donated MORE clothes (do they multiply?) that no longer fit & found 3 things to bring home from the re-sale shop: An Ann Taylor dress and from Talbots a polka dot coat and a pair of pants.

A couple of the donated items were tough to part with b/c I really liked them but a 3x jacket and a size 18 fitted iron-free blouse just didn't work anymore. I tried to wear the blouse to work yesterday, until I realized where the darts were and where they SHOULD be! It was time for it to find a new home. I'll be watching for sales from Coldwater Creek to replace that blouse with something that is more my size.

And Kathie: My mom will be visiting for a couple days this week as she travels across the country to her winter home. I'll be holding her a little closer...

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-09-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

65: Will be thinking of you.

Lisa: We want pictures in the new dress!
Old 11-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Lisa: We want pictures in the new dress!
I need somewhere "nice enough" to wear it, first!
But I know my new boots will work for the shoes.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-09-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Girl, that's why "selfies" were invented!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

To the start of a new me! Day 1. I laid around in bed until almost noon...it was great! I did skip my bfast though. Is there a huge problem in skipping a meal now and then? Do I have to get up, eat and then go back to bed? We (hubby and I) have been empty nesters for almost 2 years now and are very comfortable in knowing that we can do what we want when we want in our house. I love it!

I had the garlic and herb chips. They were very flavourful but in the future I will use them as a bread. Maybe take an egg chopped up, some WF mayo and put the mixture between 2 chips.

We are going out this aft to do some food shopping so I am going to check out the WF stuff at the local grocer.

Have a good Saturday everyone!
Old 11-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #148  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

65X65, so sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing beautiful memories of your mom with us.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Not.

AMEN.
Awww sweetie I am so sorry for you loss Let the memories of your momma live on in your life and others
Old 11-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #150  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I know the feeling! I need to go shopping for a couple of new to me outfits for holiday events - first time I've needed dress up clothes since I started and I'm excited to find out what will look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
To the start of a new me! Day 1. I laid around in bed until almost noon...it was great! I did skip my bfast though. Is there a huge problem in skipping a meal now and then? Do I have to get up, eat and then go back to bed? We (hubby and I) have been empty nesters for almost 2 years now and are very comfortable in knowing that we can do what we want when we want in our house. I love it!

I had the garlic and herb chips. They were very flavourful but in the future I will use them as a bread. Maybe take an egg chopped up, some WF mayo and put the mixture between 2 chips.

We are going out this aft to do some food shopping so I am going to check out the WF stuff at the local grocer.

Have a good Saturday everyone!
Hooray for day one!

As far as skipping meals, in my opinion and I'm not an expert, but you really do need to get all your packets, protein and veggies in. This diet is low enough calorie that you really can't afford to miss any. Although staying in bed until noon sounds heavenly! Wish I could do that-I always seem to be up with the birds.
Closed Thread