Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
This is what happened to me in phase 3 too. I think people who gain in phase 3 are likely gluten intolerant. Try emlinating grains and see if that helps.
Thanks Patns! I'm actually not done with Phase 1 yet. I did Phase 3 for one week to help break a stall. I don't know if it will work or not, but it was worth a shot. Also, I learned that I really need to be careful and count every calorie once I start maintenance.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #227  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Please, would all of you 100% people kick me in the you-know-what so that I can feel guilty and feel shamed into getting back on the program. I have not gone crazy wild eating anything bad, but I cannot find the motivation and drive I had before.

Feel a bit lost and ashamed and mad and ...........
If being shamed "into it" would have worked, I would never have gotten to 260! Shaming doesn't work. The motiviation has to come from self love "inside"

I'm not sure where the inner motivation/drive comes from but once I got it I held onto it for dear life, protecting it against EVERYTHING (which is why I stayed 100% no matter what)

Have you tried picking a date for return to plan?
When I first started IP, I chose a date. DH actually tried to get me to start sooner but I stuck to my guns and started when I said I was starting. It worked for me.

The Beck Diet Solution program has resources for people to help them with motivation (making lists, etc). Would THAT help?

I forget if you're working with a coach or not. If so, have they given any helpful ideas?

We can't talk about it in the 100 thread, but how far off are you? PM me. Let's chat. All is certainly not lost
Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #228  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
Well planning worked! Was at an all dayblong event yesterday where they served pulled pork and pasta salad for lunch. I just ate my cukes and drank ny shakes. Day 5, feeling good ketosis must be kixking in.

Hope you gave a great day!
Congrats mom2hi! Learning to plan early on is such a good habit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
I am back on 100% Phase 1 starting today. I gained 4 pounds during the week I was doing Phase 3. I'm hoping I can lose at least those 4 extra pounds this week. I have to think positively, so I can make it through the week!! I was invited to a dinner party on Thursday night, but I'm determined not to let that derail my progress, I will make an excuse not to eat if they don't have low carb options.
I really hope this works for you PrettyMom - keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
If being shamed "into it" would have worked, I would never have gotten to 260! Shaming doesn't work. The motiviation has to come from self love "inside"

I'm not sure where the inner motivation/drive comes from but once I got it I held onto it for dear life, protecting it against EVERYTHING (which is why I stayed 100% no matter what)

Have you tried picking a date for return to plan?
When I first started IP, I chose a date. DH actually tried to get me to start sooner but I stuck to my guns and started when I said I was starting. It worked for me.

The Beck Diet Solution program has resources for people to help them with motivation (making lists, etc). Would THAT help?

I forget if you're working with a coach or not. If so, have they given any helpful ideas?

We can't talk about it in the 100 thread, but how far off are you? PM me. Let's chat. All is certainly not lost
LIKE!

My coach tells her dieters that unless "it has clicked in their mind" they should not begin IP (or any diet/eating plan for that matter.)

She has seen too many husbands or wives whose spouses "made" them start. They either didn't lose or lost and then regained it all.

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 11-19-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

This couldn't be more perfect. Before IP, when I was on some sort of 'diet' and i'd 'cheat'...I'd always think to myself, gosh...why don't I have motivation like others? I knew it was because I was ashamed of myself. I didn't want to draw attention to myself, so I stayed hidden. The love that I have for myself is what keeps me going. The fact that I want to get married, have children, be active and enjoy shopping...that I want to love those activities as well...that's what keeps me going! I'm holding on tightly because I know if turn back, it won't help...only hurt!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
LIKE!

My coach tells her dieters that unless "it has clicked in their mind" they should not begin IP (or any diet/eating plan for that matter.)

She has seen too many husbands or wives whose spouses "made" them start. They either didn't lose or lost and then regained it all.
Same for me, she said sometimes she tells people they arent ready. When I started the first time I read here for a month and had a good idea what was in store for me. Some people dont realize its a big commitment.......we are changing how we fuel our bodies.......for a lifetime.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I'm back - one day 100%! It took me only 5 weeks, but I did it. It has clicked again and I am again committed to 100%.

Thank you to all who have been so supportive and wise to those of us who fall. I have seen that for me, I MUST stay 100%. For me, one slip leads to another and then the disappointment from that leads to more wishy washy little cheats and unconscious eating.

So, hang in there with me. Hope this is the end of the roller coaster ride of the past weeks!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Ladies~
I have been super busy! But also OP! Keep on losing ladies! Keep on losing!
Old 11-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Same for me, she said sometimes she tells people they arent ready. When I started the first time I read here for a month and had a good idea what was in store for me. Some people dont realize its a big commitment.......we are changing how we fuel our bodies.......for a lifetime.
I did the same...read for at least a month before I started the plan.
You are exactly right. I think many people start this plan and don't realize what a commitment it really is. And you are also right that it needs to remain a commitment if we are going to maintain the weight we lose, which means not going back to previous eating behaviors and not going back to eating the things we were eating that got us fat in the first place.

IP has taught me a lot of self-control. I think if I had not been 100% I would not have learned the same self-control (sneaking tastes, cheats, and/or a devil-May-care attitude is not what got me to where I am now).

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-19-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Quote:
I did the same...read for at least a month before I started the plan.
You are exactly right. I think many people start this plan and don't realize what a commitment it really is. And you are also right that it needs to remain a commitment if we are going to maintain the way we lose, which means not going back to previous eating behaviors and not going back to eating the things we were eating that got us fat in the first place.

IP has taught me a lot of self-control. I think if I had not been 100% I would not have learned the same self-control (sneaking tastes, cheats, and/or a devil-May-care attitude is not what got me to where I am now).
I agree, Lisa. It took me a while to start the plan, but once I did, I was 100% committed to myself and it. Have lost steadily over the last 6 weeks. Even those weeks I felt that I gained (like this one), I lost. My mind is in it for the long haul and that really helps....so does seeing the scale go down, even the tiniest bit.

Funny thing is, my doctor told me to enjoy Thanksgiving next week. But he knows that I really have learned self-control. The choices I make now are very different from the ones I made a year ago. I plan, think ahead, choose wisely. Staying 100% OP is very important to me, so I do it!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #236  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I know it is so vital to be ready to make any change, especially something like this diet. I was so ready to start IP and made it really clear to my DH that changes were a comin'! He was ready as well, and just needed that little nudge of me starting. Of course I am the cook, so he was pretty much stuck with it anyway. lol.

I know I would not have done so well on IP if I had not been in such a place mentally, as I was in May. I will never regret my decision to do this. It is one of the best decisions of my life! I so appreciate the support of this web site and all of you Fat (soon to be skinny) Chicks! Thank you all for being there with your posts, knowledge, advice, stories, complaints, and victories. This has been so vital to my success.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #237  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I know I would not have done so well on IP if I had not been in such a place mentally, as I was in May. I will never regret my decision to do this. It is one of the best decisions of my life! I so appreciate the support of this web site and all of you Fat (soon to be skinny) Chicks! Thank you all for being there with your posts, knowledge, advice, stories, complaints, and victories. This has been so vital to my success.
Hear, hear!!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #238  
Started IP 04/22/2013

So many great thoughts today! I love hearing about how motivated people are - shows I'm not alone on this journey.

I was so sick of being fat and tried and having all the health problems that came with it but was afraid I couldn't lose weight. I'd never been on a structured diet before, just "watching my eating" which led me to "watching" my weight get totally out of control! Wasn't sure I could do it, but I read here for a long time before starting and got motivated. And I'm so glad I did!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #239  
Started IP 04/22/2013

And today just made me even more motivated - 7 months on IP, 80 pounds gone forever! And that included a slow down when I had surgery. I did a happy dance and then cried when 177 came up on the scale.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #240  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
And today just made me even more motivated - 7 months on IP, 80 pounds gone forever! And that included a slow down when I had surgery. I did a happy dance and then cried when 177 came up on the scale.
Closed Thread