Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am working so so so hard to join this club
Whenever I get a craving, I do something kind of silly but it works. I bought this black dress at TJ Max that looks like this Gianni Bini dress from Dillard's. I leave it hanging on my closet door so I'll go try it on.
http://www.dillards.com/product/Gian...23570_zi_black

It's tight on me but I love the detailing. Thing is, I have big boobs. I know once I get down about 10-15 more lbs, this will look good! That gives me a small realistic goal in my long list of goals! Don't look at your overall task and give up because it may seem daunting! Don't say you have so far to go that you may as well cheat and hop back on the wagon the next day! Give yourself mini goals that are tangible, it may help! I cheer you on every time I read your posts, and I'm really sorry that you're struggling. In my opinion, you really have the best cheerleaders here for you on 3FC!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #62  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Whenever I get a craving, I do something kind of silly but it works. I bought this black dress at TJ Max that looks like this Gianni Bini dress from Dillard's. I leave it hanging on my closet door so I'll go try it on.
You know, I don't think that is silly at all! I have a similar goal - I've got a beautiful grey form-fitting sweater dress with a cowl neck which I wore only once 10 years ago, then the weight started piling on, so never again. I kept that dress and am holding my breath until I dare to try it on. It's probably sadly out of style now but I don't care - that is my goalpost. Honestly I think I'm only about 5 pounds away now from the weight I was at when I wore it all that time ago but will hold off for another 10 pounds since that is the image I'm holding in my head to stay dedicated OP 100%.

Got home last night from a weekend in Banff with my sisters. On plan the whole time. I'm afraid I've turned judgy-judgy - the meals my sisters ordered were wildly off from what I was eating - I think my lip was curling...

Last edited by GettinHealthyNow; 11-04-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #63  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
That dress is so cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Got home last night from a weekend in Banff with my sisters. On plan the whole time. I'm afraid I've turned judgy-judgy - the meals my sisters ordered were wildly off from what I was eating - I think my lip was curling...
Me, too! Complete with lip curling. I think to myself "don't you KNOW! can't you see what you're DOING?" Then I tell myself to calm down because no one loves the self-righteous.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
That dress is so cute!!
Thanks! TJ Max at the Tanger Outlet Mall (In Foley, AL) has some of the best dresses! I got it for 20 bucks!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
That's a really cute dress! I am starting the program today (appointment at noon) and really want to be a part of this club from Day 1.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 243/243/170

Talking Day 1

Well, I decided to take control of my weight and begin ideal protein today. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. Any dinner ideas are greatly appreciated.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #67  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Thanks! TJ Max at the Tanger Outlet Mall (In Foley, AL) has some of the best dresses! I got it for 20 bucks!
Whoo! For that price I might just have to come on down! Our TJ Max equivalent is Winners, which also has some lovely deals.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #68  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
Whoo! For that price I might just have to come on down! Our TJ Max equivalent is Winners, which also has some lovely deals.
We are getting a Marshall's though....yippee!
Old 11-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagurl View Post
Well, I decided to take control of my weight and begin ideal protein today. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. Any dinner ideas are greatly appreciated.
WElcome!!!
There are LOTS of ideas in the What Are You Eating Today thread.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I want to totally WOW dh on our annv. so he will want to go some place nice. I am setting myself with 5lb goals each week. that seems doable for me that it. PLUS ems I love the dress it is sooo cute!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Quote:

My dinners are usually pretty boring, but filling. I tend to do a protein of some sort, salad with oil and cider vinegar and some veggies. Nothing exciting, but it seems to be working for me!
Old 11-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #72  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Old 11-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #73  

First, yall are so sweet about the dress! I hope to wear it for Christmas but secretly hoping it'll be too big! haha

Quote:
For dinner, I love making Frittatas! I usually cut up whatever veggies I have, saute them in olive oil (season to your taste) then pour my raw eggs on top. Let the bottom set in the pan (kind of bubbly on top) then place in oven on broil until the top cooks! It puffs up really nicely. I throw some Tobasco sauce on mine to give it more kick. It takes up my whole plate so i feel like I'm feasting. but really, it's a light and fluffy meal! There's tons of recipes online to find better cooking times/temps but I just wing mine.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #74  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
I love stirfry! I crumble cauliflower in the food processor and heat oil in a pan and saute the cauliflower till it starts to become tender, but not mushy. I saute my veggies and meat separately and serve over top of the cauli-rice and it is yummy! I use organic chicken stock and add that to my veggies when they are cooking and then thicken it with xanthan gum sometimes. You can use soy sauce, ginger, garlic, or whatever spices you like.

I also like to buy shrimp and toss with blackening spices and saute in a little grapeseed oil and serve that over my cauli-rice. Both dishes are so good and easy to make. They taste like you are cheating. The cauliflower is an easy way to get your 2 c. of veggies, but be careful not to overdo it!

Pot roast is good and I also do the frittata ems mentioned. I add chopped turkey, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach to mine. Sooooo good! You won't be hungry afterwards!

Sauteed cabbage goes with a lot of different meats. Soups are always a great and filling way to get veggies and protein!

There are so many recipes on the recipe threads. Check out Rainbows Mix'n in the Kitch'n threads. Google Ideal Protein recipes. Also, keep in mind that you can make many dishes IP compliant by switching up some ingredients or leaving some things out.

Good luck to you!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #75  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
that is a great motivator ems! Sometimes having something visual to aim for really helps. My sister gave me a bunch of clothes and I go try them on every once in awhile to see if I fit them yet.

[QUOTE=GettinHealthyNow;Got home last night from a weekend in Banff with my sisters. On plan the whole time. I'm afraid I've turned judgy-judgy - the meals my sisters ordered were wildly off from what I was eating - I think my lip was curling...[/QUOTE]

I try so hard not to be judgy but it's hard sometimes! I keep reminding myself, I'm doing this for me and what someone else eats is really none of my business unless they ask my opinion. Have had to bite my tongue more than once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
That's a really cute dress! I am starting the program today (appointment at noon) and really want to be a part of this club from Day 1.
Welcome and congrats on starting!

Quote:
Welcome to you too and congrats! There are a ton of great recipes and packet hacks on here so you'll never get bored!

Small set-back for me today and the doc has me home for the rest of the week. Apparently she was not pleased that I went back part time last week and really wants me to rest. I don't rest well - keep thinking of all the stuff I need to do!
Closed Thread