3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/29/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289181-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-10-29-2013-a.html)

CrystalWolf 10-29-2013 12:57 PM

Wow Shrinkingsusie, amazing!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Gettinghealthy, I have no idea how accurate the biometric scales are, the one you describe sounds like the one my clinic uses. It didn't tell me I had a healthy BMI until my last regular weigh in, then all of a sudden it dropped majorly in the last week with only a 1.4lb loss. I don't know if I would rush to change everything off of one measurement on that thing.

IdealProteinNewbie 10-29-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow (Post 4872551)
I'm not sure if it is a biometric scale per se....I wish I knew what it was called. It's a black machine with metal strips on the edges that you hold in both hands (with thumbs on the metal strips), with arms outstretched, for about 30 seconds and that somehow measures lean vs fat mass. Call me a luddite but it seems a bit...um...mumbojumbo to me?

Definitely. The numbers can be different based on how hydrated you are, the degree at which you hold your arms out, how moisturized your hands are, how many clouds are in the sky, etc.

nolasmurf 10-29-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4872562)
Definitely. The numbers can be different based on how hydrated you are, the degree at which you hold your arms out, how moisturized your hands are, how many clouds are in the sky, etc.

When I was going to the clinic they used that and charged me $20 a month for it. I wasn't impressed with the #'s at all. It seemed VERY off to me. Half the time it wouldn't even work!

emsmom97 10-29-2013 01:25 PM

Morning all. Week 3 weigh in, down 2.4 pounds...and it was all fat! That makes it 16.2 pounds in 3 weeks. Wonder if I can hit the 20 pound mark next week...gonna give it a try!

kelseys928 10-29-2013 01:34 PM

Congrats all on the great WIs! I have my fourth WI tomorrow. stayed OP all week but my home scale is showing little movement :( . Was wondering if I drink an extra bottle of water before bed tonight if it will help with the weigh in in the morning or make me retain onto water weight. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

mvngmntns13 10-29-2013 01:39 PM

I too am curious because I usually weigh in first thing Saturday mornings and don't even have a glass of water before I go for fear of showing more on the scale that needs to there.

ems70508 10-29-2013 01:48 PM

Last Wednesday I came across a pumpkin meringue recipe using 2 packets (crepe mix and pudding). I wrote the recipe down and obviously lost it! I've been searching the threads but don't remember where I got it from! Anyone remember seeing this??

ems70508 10-29-2013 01:54 PM

Of course I find it right after I post here. For those interested, it's already in the recipe 4 thread..

Pumpkin Meringue

Crust
1 Ideal Protein Plain Crepe mix
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie seasoning
2 oz.’s water

Pudding Filling
1 Ideal Protein Vanilla pudding
1 egg
2 tsps. olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
½ tsp Nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tblsp. Splenda or Stevia

Meringue
1 egg white
3 tblsp. Splenda or Stevia
1/8 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Heat oven to 425 degrees. In your shaker mix Crust ingredients. With Olive oil spray, coat 8-9” diameter skillet and pour mixture in. Cook o on medium heat until the crepe has reached a soft pliable texture. You do not want the crepe to be crispy. In 4-5 inch glass pie pan (These can be picked up at most dollar stores) place the crepe in and shape it like a pie crust. Next mix Pudding ingredients in your shaker and pour into crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 9 minutes. While your filling is baking, place meringue ingredients in a bowl and mix until it forms peaks. By varying the amount of sweetener you control how hard or soft the final meringue will be. Remove filling and crust from oven and spread meringue on while hot. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 9 minutes. Meringue should be stiff and have golden brown coloring on peaks. Let cool and chill before serving.

*For an extra added treat, drizzle Walden Farms Caramel Syrup on Meringue

lisa32989 10-29-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelseys928 (Post 4872589)
Congrats all on the great WIs! I have my fourth WI tomorrow. stayed OP all week but my home scale is showing little movement :( . Was wondering if I drink an extra bottle of water before bed tonight if it will help with the weigh in in the morning or make me retain onto water weight. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think this: Don't give the scale that much power.
It isn't an exam that you pass or fail.
One weigh-in is one data point on your overall weight loss journey.
You are also losing inches and sizes.
Some weeks the scale movement is miniscule and other weeks it whooshes. It is ALL good b/c you are moving toward your goal by staying OP.

sarita75 10-29-2013 03:10 PM

Hey y'all! Back from NC so I am putting some southern in my greeting. Happy to be home, miss my family but don't miss all the "wow, I can't believe ..." and "No, I am okay, I don't need a cocktail." Love them but man, I have said no so many times this weekend. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4872381)
Hope this works, this is my start picture, and a picture I took Saturday morning after hitting exactly 50lbs lost (I have been such a scale hopper lately, waiting to hit the 50 lb mark!!)

Congrats! You look awesome! keep up the good work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow (Post 4872489)
Should I continue as I am (strict 100% OP) or try the fourth packet? I am not exercising beyond walking the dog for 20-30 minutes a few times a week. What do you all think?

congrats on your loss, great job. As for the lean loss, you might have lost some but if you walking and such - well, I can't imagine it is accurate. As Lisa rightly said, take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelseys928 (Post 4872589)
I have my fourth WI tomorrow. stayed OP all week but my home scale is showing little movement :( . Was wondering if I drink an extra bottle of water before bed tonight if it will help with the weigh in in the morning or make me retain onto water weight. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I don't drink before my WI. Nothing. It does show up unless you manage to pee it all out, but I like the "clean slate" effect. :) As for your lack of loss, you've probably read it a million times - stop weighing yourself!! :) It just stresses you out and that's no bueno. As well, my coach always indicates that, around week 4/5, there is a reshaping week wherein the losses don't show up on the scale, but the individual feels really different. So, tune into yourself - how do you feel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4872609)
I think this: Don't give the scale that much power. It isn't an exam that you pass or fail.

Woot! So true!!!

ems70508 10-29-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4872633)
Hey y'all! Back from NC so I am putting some southern in my greeting.

Love this! :) I don't know how to greet any other way :lol:

sarita75 10-29-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4872641)
Love this! :) I don't know how to greet any other way :lol:

I know, right? I spent 13 years in NC and, for a while, I did as well. Now, well, if you say y'all in SF, people give you a sideways look. :)

ReenHag 10-29-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4872381)
Hope this works, this is my start picture, and a picture I took Saturday morning after hitting exactly 50lbs

WOW! Way to go! Congrats on hitting the 50# mark. I am sure it feels amazing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4872406)
Your hiding the candy this week reminded me of years ago when I'd have a really hard time keeping up with work and trying to bake for the holidays. Since I worked in a medical setting there were times I was working and DH was home with the teens, holidays, weekends......
One time I was exhausted and needed cookies for some school/teacher event on Monday, so after baking them, I stored them in the trunk of the car...and went to work. One of the kids called me and said..."Dad is a maniac searching the house...he smelled oatmeal cookies the other day when he came home and wants to know where you hid the cookies...."

This story made me smile after a loooong day at work. Thanks!

[QUOTE=sarahBell;4872400
But I did order myself 2 yes 2 new pairs of jeans. Old navy is having a sale online on jeans. I ordered one pair for now and one for later LOL.
I ordered a size 16 Diva Campfire in bootleg and the other pair in a size 14. I spent 44.xx for both if them. I feel guilty spending on myself but I need them, my size 18s don't stay up!!!![/QUOTE]

Yay! Enjoy your new jeans!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4872426)
We had 4 inches of snow yesterday in Billings, and may get more today! Good time to hunker in with a good diet!

Amen to that! Winter is not for me. I love the fall and the holidays, but I despise snow, ice, even cold rain...

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4872562)

Too funny! Even funnier 'cuz it is so true! Clouds in the sky LOLOL

Well, happy Tuesday, everyone. (It's only Tuesday? Geez...) Having a good week OP here in good old MD. Hubby is making jicama chips sprinkled with a little cinnamon and splenda to go with our pork and broccoli tonight. I just taste-tested one- YUMMMM!

It is a rough week at work and can't end soon enough. Parents on these boards, please be kind to your kids' teachers. Rethink your emails before you hit the send button, please. That's my PSA for today. LOL I think the throat/ sniffly nonsense is working its way into my head, too. Ugh. I may have to try Lisa's chicken soup idea.

Enjoy your evening, everyone!

SweetScrumptious 10-29-2013 06:29 PM

It's been a little while since I've posted. Mostly because I've been too lazy to post but I have been reading occasionally.

Survived Canadian Thanskgiving :)
Survived my birthday (we went out to a Mongolian Grill and I was able to make my own stirfry - all ideal protein).

I'm at 180.4lbs.... so close to seeing the 170's... which I haven't seen for 3 years!

Weigh in was a bum today.... up 0.8lbs (but I was down 4.4lbs over 2 weeks the previous weigh in)...BUT I'm down 4" this week. SO even tho the scale was a bummer - I'm still looking good!

sarahBell 10-29-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious (Post 4872729)
It's been a little while since I've posted. Mostly because I've been too lazy to post but I have been reading occasionally.

Survived Canadian Thanskgiving :)
Survived my birthday (we went out to a Mongolian Grill and I was able to make my own stirfry - all ideal protein).

I'm at 180.4lbs.... so close to seeing the 170's... which I haven't seen for 3 years!

Weigh in was a bum today.... up 0.8lbs (but I was down 4.4lbs over 2 weeks the previous weigh in)...BUT I'm down 4" this week. SO even tho the scale was a bummer - I'm still looking good!

Happy belated b-day and congrats on the vanishing inches! I am dropping inches too...weight is slow to follow. But I look good to me and DH and that is all that matters :):p