3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/29/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289181-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-10-29-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 10-29-2013 07:13 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/29/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's websitem

KareVT 10-29-2013 07:49 AM

Hi Everyone - I was away for a long weekend and proud to say I stayed OP even when all my friends were indulging; I was prepared (thanks to all of the ideas that I've picked up from my fellow IP'ers) and I didn't stray in the least bit.

I'll be back online this evening but just wanted to say HELLO and wish y'all well. Looking forward to catching up and hearing what's been going on. I'll plan to go back in time a little so that I can be a little more current.

Have a great day! :sklol: :spid: :ghost:
Karen

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 09:22 AM

Good morning everyone!!

Hope everyone has a great day. First day that there has been frost here. Winter is definitely coming, and I don't want it to!

dak1lls 10-29-2013 09:23 AM

Good morning IPeeps! Looks like another cold day in ND. This girl is not a fan of winter!

Lisa, after reading about your chicken soup last week I decided the weather called for me to make mine as well. It was a perfect meal last night and so soothing to my tummy. I have been adding some things back into my diet now that I am on maintenance and my tummy just doesn't quite know how to deal with it. Chicken soup is always the best remedy! I made a big pot, planning to have it 2 nights in a row. DD and DH liked it so much there is hardly any left!

Only 2 more days to deal with the candy hidden in my front clostet for the trick or treaters. Can't wait to get it out of the house, more for DH's sake than mine I think. He loves candy and can't walk by it without sampling. I figured "out of sight, out of mind", so I stuck it up in the coat closet. He mentioned to me the other day that he knows where I hid the candy, as though I was being sneaky. I had to laugh and just told him I thought it was better than having it out in the open as a temptation. We usually buy candy twice....the initial batch intended for trick or treaters, and the second replacment batch, because we ate the first batch! Not this year!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 09:27 AM

Hope this works, this is my start picture, and a picture I took Saturday morning after hitting exactly 50lbs lost (I have been such a scale hopper lately, waiting to hit the 50 lb mark!!)

Usually my husband takes my pictures, but he is away on course, so I had to settle for a selfie in the mirror. :p

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/cust...ic126499_6.gif

sarahBell 10-29-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4872381)
Hope this works, this is my start picture, and a picture I took Saturday morning after hitting exactly 50lbs lost (I have been such a scale hopper lately, waiting to hit the 50 lb mark!!)

Usually my husband takes my pictures, but he is away on course, so I had to settle for a selfie in the mirror. :p

WOW!! You look amazing!!! Keep up the awesome work!!! :carrot:

sarahBell 10-29-2013 09:47 AM

I actually spent money on ME!

Good Morning IPers. First off congrats on the all the NSV and losses and new pics! Lisa WTG on not drinking the hot chocolate!

Ok I am shooting for 100% today, I did pretty dang good yesterday. I really did not have cravings, but I seemed to be starved of stupid things :o

But I did order myself 2 yes 2 new pairs of jeans. Old navy is having a sale online on jeans. I ordered one pair for now and one for later LOL.
I ordered a size 16 Diva Campfire in bootleg and the other pair in a size 14. I spent 44.xx for both if them. I feel guilty spending on myself but I need them, my size 18s don't stay up!!!!

The online 25% savings code is ONTAKE25 (I think I need to look again)

Have a great Tuesday!

65X65 10-29-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4872380)
Good morning IPeeps! Looks like another cold day in ND. This girl is not a fan of winter!

Lisa, after reading about your chicken soup last week I decided the weather called for me to make mine as well. It was a perfect meal last night and so soothing to my tummy. I have been adding some things back into my diet now that I am on maintenance and my tummy just doesn't quite know how to deal with it. Chicken soup is always the best remedy! I made a big pot, planning to have it 2 nights in a row. DD and DH liked it so much there is hardly any left!

Only 2 more days to deal with the candy hidden in my front clostet for the trick or treaters. Can't wait to get it out of the house, more for DH's sake than mine I think. He loves candy and can't walk by it without sampling. I figured "out of sight, out of mind", so I stuck it up in the coat closet. He mentioned to me the other day that he knows where I hid the candy, as though I was being sneaky. I had to laugh and just told him I thought it was better than having it out in the open as a temptation. We usually buy candy twice....the initial batch intended for trick or treaters, and the second replacment batch, because we ate the first batch! Not this year!

Hi daks...Hope your tummy stats to feel better...soon! We had homemade chx soup last night too...it's been cold and dampish here as well, although after some rain we are expected to get a warm busrt by week's end. We'll see...

Your hiding the candy this week reminded me of years ago when I'd have a really hard time keeping up with work and trying to bake for the holidays. Since I worked in a medical setting there were times I was working and DH was home with the teens, holidays, weekends......
One time I was exhausted and needed cookies for some school/teacher event on Monday, so after baking them, I stored them in the trunk of the car...and went to work. One of the kids called me and said..."Dad is a maniac searching the house...he smelled oatmeal cookies the other day when he came home and wants to know where you hid the cookies...."

That story gets told over and over!! Even my out-of-area family still laughs and re-tells it....

sarahBell 10-29-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

I am making up goodie bags for the kids on our street who the kds play with, and we are not handing out candy because we will not be home LOL. All the better because chocolate is my weakness!!!

As for the cold I love it! We had flurries this AM but nothing to exciting! You guys will get snow before us :) PLease feel free to share it with me :carrot:

Delgen 10-29-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4872378)
Good morning everyone!!

Hope everyone has a great day. First day that there has been frost here. Winter is definitely coming, and I don't want it to!

Quote:

We had 4 inches of snow yesterday in Billings, and may get more today! Good time to hunker in with a good diet!

Delgen 10-29-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Wow, what a huge difference! What an inspiration you are! Congratulations on a huge accomplishment. :D

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4872426)
We had 4 inches of snow yesterday in Billings, and may get more today! Good time to hunker in with a good diet!

Yuck! Snow is in the forecast here for tomorrow.

Delgen 10-29-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4872430)
Yuck! Snow is in the forecast here for tomorrow.

Inevitable I guess. All our beautiful colors are now gone, and all I see is grey and white outside.

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4872434)
Inevitable I guess. All our beautiful colors are now gone, and all I see is grey and white outside.

Surprisingly, my flower garden is more colorful now than it was all summer!! I'm sure that will change soon with the frost. It feels like I just put my flip flops away, and now I need to break out my boots!

Beautsmc 10-29-2013 10:35 AM

SUSIE.....HUGE inspiration you are!! Way to go!! I can't wait to hit the 50 pound mark!! Way to go!!

At my weigh in last week, I asked my coach what SHE thought a good goal weight was for me. Of course, she said it was hard to guess, however, she looked at my lean mass and my current fat percentage and said for me to have a normal range fat percentage, it would likely take about another 50 pounds. How can a 5"4 woman weigh 190 pounds and be "normal" in terms of fat percentage? Wouldn't that mean my goal weight would make me almost a below average fat percentage?? And my goal weigh isn't low by any means....I am so confused. I realize I shouldn't focus on a number, but for me it makes the program easier when I have an end goal in site. ...there is a big difference between the goal she gave me and the one I set for myself...!!

IdealProteinNewbie 10-29-2013 10:41 AM

Susie: You look great, keep it up!!!

tawanda 10-29-2013 10:42 AM

Shrinkingsusie you look awesome! I am so proud of you. You look amazing!

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautsmc (Post 4872451)
SUSIE.....HUGE inspiration you are!! Way to go!! I can't wait to hit the 50 pound mark!! Way to go!!

At my weigh in last week, I asked my coach what SHE thought a good goal weight was for me. Of course, she said it was hard to guess, however, she looked at my lean mass and my current fat percentage and said for me to have a normal range fat percentage, it would likely take about another 50 pounds. How can a 5"4 woman weigh 190 pounds and be "normal" in terms of fat percentage? Wouldn't that mean my goal weight would make me almost a below average fat percentage?? And my goal weigh isn't low by any means....I am so confused. I realize I shouldn't focus on a number, but for me it makes the program easier when I have an end goal in site. ...there is a big difference between the goal she gave me and the one I set for myself...!!

Thanks!! :) You are well on your way to the 50 lb mark!!

As for goal weight, the lowest I ever remember weighing (in high school) was 160 lbs, and I remember then that I had a gut and thighs that were bigger than I liked, so I figured I would set my goal weight 10 lbs under that, and then re-evaluate when I get there. It makes it easier to have a goal so you know what you are working towards. I also checked the "ideal weight" for my height, which was a range of 118-155 lbs, so I kind of factored that in as well.

I would just keep working towards your original goal of 155. If you get to 190 and feel great and happy with that, then that's great, and if you get to 155 and feel like you want to go a little further, that is great, too! :)

emsmom97 10-29-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Congrats! You look amazing. What a difference 50 pounds makes. Keep up the great work.:dance:

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 10:45 AM

Thanks everyone! :)

GettinHealthyNow 10-29-2013 11:24 AM

You look great, shrinkingsusie! Congratulations on fifty - that's an amazing accomplishment, keep it up!

Had my WI yesterday, a good week as I expected, down 3.6#. Funny how you just know...well...ok I knew because I hop on my bathroom scale 3x a day...but still, I felt it was going to be a good week :)

The one thing that was a bit off-putting was that my coach uses one of those body composition thingies. Hers said over half my weight loss this week was lean mass loss, so she suggested I should be eating a fourth protein package a day. Really??? I don't want to start that and have it eating into my overall loss...how reliable are those things? Should I continue as I am (strict 100% OP) or try the fourth packet? I am not exercising beyond walking the dog for 20-30 minutes a few times a week. What do you all think?

Kathy

Clarington45 10-29-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Looking fabulous!!

65X65 10-29-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Susie...you look AMAZING!! Congrats!!! Keep up the good work...Victory is YOURS!

vachinyc 10-29-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Congrats!!!! That is amazing!:carrot:

PurpleMomster 10-29-2013 12:10 PM

Susie - you look fabulous! Definitely an inspiration :)

Lisa - I haven't had a chance to respond since the weekend but thank you for the advice on the thyroid medication. I started it on Sunday and go back in 4 weeks to have my levels checked so hopefully we can get it straighted out.

Yay for all the other NSV's and staying OP's!

Yikes on the talk of snow <brrrr>! We haven't had any yet - some flurries and it was really chilly this morning too. Definitely not looking forward to it either.

Today is WI day, marching my way towards 50lbs. I am apparently in the lead in my work's Biggest Loser challenge too - yay :carrot:

I roasted a chicken in the crock pot on Sunday so boiled the bones and now have a yummy broth just waiting to be made into soup, going to do that tonight. Looking forward to it now the temps are definitely getting cooler.

We're going a breast cancer fundraiser tomorrow - wear pink day - with cupcakes and pizza. I'm making the cupcakes. Which is fine since the other organizer said she'd bring in a veggie tray for those of us dieting who can't have pizza.

Have a great day everyone!

Jo

claustin 10-29-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Oh WOW!! Congratulations!!! You must be (and should be) so proud of yourself!!! You look amazing! :congrat:

nolasmurf 10-29-2013 12:37 PM

Susie-looking great! Congrats on 50!
Ran out of the house this am without my smoothie, thankfully I had a banana pudding floating around in my desk! LOL My new director was walking around going why do I smell laffy taffy.... I just told him it was breakfast. He had to come investigate tho. That was a 25 min convo about IP. :D

For lunch I sautéed some frozen shrimp and have a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers to eat it with. A little WF Asian style dressing. YUM-O.

Hope everyone has a great day!

claustin 10-29-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow (Post 4872489)
You look great, shrinkingsusie! Congratulations on fifty - that's an amazing accomplishment, keep it up!

Had my WI yesterday, a good week as I expected, down 3.6#. Funny how you just know...well...ok I knew because I hop on my bathroom scale 3x a day...but still, I felt it was going to be a good week :)

The one thing that was a bit off-putting was that my coach uses one of those body composition thingies. Hers said over half my weight loss this week was lean mass loss, so she suggested I should be eating a fourth protein package a day. Really??? I don't want to start that and have it eating into my overall loss...how reliable are those things? Should I continue as I am (strict 100% OP) or try the fourth packet? I am not exercising beyond walking the dog for 20-30 minutes a few times a week. What do you all think?

Kathy

I was told anytime you are doing any exercise you should have a 4th packet. So maybe just the days you walk your dog you could do an extra one? try it for a week and see how it works for you?? I know I use to jog 5km 3 times a week the first time I did IP and they told me if I wanted to do that I had to eat a forth packet. Well, I don't know if it was the extra packet or the jogging but my weight loss stopped! So I quit doing both and made it to goal. But everyone is different. I suggest trying it. You wont know until you do. And you really don't want to lose any of your lean muscle mass!

lisa32989 10-29-2013 12:42 PM

Susie: Thanks for sharing your progress pics. The change is amazing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautsmc (Post 4872451)

Nothing wrong with re-evaluting when you get there. Shoot for the mini-goal & if you think you need to lose more then you can make that decision then. If you don't view IP as a "start" and an "end" but rather a continuum, you'll be fine with sticking to P1 and moving to the other phases when you feel like you have reached the goal you want to reach.

Quote:

Congrats on the good WI!
The biometric scales are notoriously inaccurate. If you stood on it 3 times, it could give you 3 different readings. Take it with a grain of salt. I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

GettinHealthyNow 10-29-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4872547)
The biometric scales are notoriously inaccurate. If you stood on it 3 times, it could give you 3 different readings. Take it with a grain of salt. I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I'm not sure if it is a biometric scale per se....I wish I knew what it was called. It's a black machine with metal strips on the edges that you hold in both hands (with thumbs on the metal strips), with arms outstretched, for about 30 seconds and that somehow measures lean vs fat mass. Call me a luddite but it seems a bit...um...mumbojumbo to me?

CrystalWolf 10-29-2013 12:57 PM

Wow Shrinkingsusie, amazing!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Gettinghealthy, I have no idea how accurate the biometric scales are, the one you describe sounds like the one my clinic uses. It didn't tell me I had a healthy BMI until my last regular weigh in, then all of a sudden it dropped majorly in the last week with only a 1.4lb loss. I don't know if I would rush to change everything off of one measurement on that thing.

IdealProteinNewbie 10-29-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow (Post 4872551)
I'm not sure if it is a biometric scale per se....I wish I knew what it was called. It's a black machine with metal strips on the edges that you hold in both hands (with thumbs on the metal strips), with arms outstretched, for about 30 seconds and that somehow measures lean vs fat mass. Call me a luddite but it seems a bit...um...mumbojumbo to me?

Definitely. The numbers can be different based on how hydrated you are, the degree at which you hold your arms out, how moisturized your hands are, how many clouds are in the sky, etc.

nolasmurf 10-29-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4872562)
Definitely. The numbers can be different based on how hydrated you are, the degree at which you hold your arms out, how moisturized your hands are, how many clouds are in the sky, etc.

When I was going to the clinic they used that and charged me $20 a month for it. I wasn't impressed with the #'s at all. It seemed VERY off to me. Half the time it wouldn't even work!

emsmom97 10-29-2013 01:25 PM

Morning all. Week 3 weigh in, down 2.4 pounds...and it was all fat! That makes it 16.2 pounds in 3 weeks. Wonder if I can hit the 20 pound mark next week...gonna give it a try!

kelseys928 10-29-2013 01:34 PM

Congrats all on the great WIs! I have my fourth WI tomorrow. stayed OP all week but my home scale is showing little movement :( . Was wondering if I drink an extra bottle of water before bed tonight if it will help with the weigh in in the morning or make me retain onto water weight. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

mvngmntns13 10-29-2013 01:39 PM

I too am curious because I usually weigh in first thing Saturday mornings and don't even have a glass of water before I go for fear of showing more on the scale that needs to there.

ems70508 10-29-2013 01:48 PM

Last Wednesday I came across a pumpkin meringue recipe using 2 packets (crepe mix and pudding). I wrote the recipe down and obviously lost it! I've been searching the threads but don't remember where I got it from! Anyone remember seeing this??

ems70508 10-29-2013 01:54 PM

Of course I find it right after I post here. For those interested, it's already in the recipe 4 thread..

Pumpkin Meringue

Crust
1 Ideal Protein Plain Crepe mix
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie seasoning
2 oz.’s water

Pudding Filling
1 Ideal Protein Vanilla pudding
1 egg
2 tsps. olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
½ tsp Nutmeg
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tblsp. Splenda or Stevia

Meringue
1 egg white
3 tblsp. Splenda or Stevia
1/8 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Heat oven to 425 degrees. In your shaker mix Crust ingredients. With Olive oil spray, coat 8-9” diameter skillet and pour mixture in. Cook o on medium heat until the crepe has reached a soft pliable texture. You do not want the crepe to be crispy. In 4-5 inch glass pie pan (These can be picked up at most dollar stores) place the crepe in and shape it like a pie crust. Next mix Pudding ingredients in your shaker and pour into crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 9 minutes. While your filling is baking, place meringue ingredients in a bowl and mix until it forms peaks. By varying the amount of sweetener you control how hard or soft the final meringue will be. Remove filling and crust from oven and spread meringue on while hot. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 9 minutes. Meringue should be stiff and have golden brown coloring on peaks. Let cool and chill before serving.

*For an extra added treat, drizzle Walden Farms Caramel Syrup on Meringue

lisa32989 10-29-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelseys928 (Post 4872589)
Congrats all on the great WIs! I have my fourth WI tomorrow. stayed OP all week but my home scale is showing little movement :( . Was wondering if I drink an extra bottle of water before bed tonight if it will help with the weigh in in the morning or make me retain onto water weight. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think this: Don't give the scale that much power.
It isn't an exam that you pass or fail.
One weigh-in is one data point on your overall weight loss journey.
You are also losing inches and sizes.
Some weeks the scale movement is miniscule and other weeks it whooshes. It is ALL good b/c you are moving toward your goal by staying OP.

sarita75 10-29-2013 03:10 PM

Hey y'all! Back from NC so I am putting some southern in my greeting. Happy to be home, miss my family but don't miss all the "wow, I can't believe ..." and "No, I am okay, I don't need a cocktail." Love them but man, I have said no so many times this weekend. :)

Quote:

Congrats! You look awesome! keep up the good work.

Quote:

Should I continue as I am (strict 100% OP) or try the fourth packet? I am not exercising beyond walking the dog for 20-30 minutes a few times a week. What do you all think?

congrats on your loss, great job. As for the lean loss, you might have lost some but if you walking and such - well, I can't imagine it is accurate. As Lisa rightly said, take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelseys928 (Post 4872589)
I have my fourth WI tomorrow. stayed OP all week but my home scale is showing little movement :( . Was wondering if I drink an extra bottle of water before bed tonight if it will help with the weigh in in the morning or make me retain onto water weight. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I don't drink before my WI. Nothing. It does show up unless you manage to pee it all out, but I like the "clean slate" effect. :) As for your lack of loss, you've probably read it a million times - stop weighing yourself!! :) It just stresses you out and that's no bueno. As well, my coach always indicates that, around week 4/5, there is a reshaping week wherein the losses don't show up on the scale, but the individual feels really different. So, tune into yourself - how do you feel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4872609)
I think this: Don't give the scale that much power. It isn't an exam that you pass or fail.

Woot! So true!!!