3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/29/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289181-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-10-29-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 10-29-2013 07:13 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/29/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's websitem

KareVT 10-29-2013 07:49 AM

Hi Everyone - I was away for a long weekend and proud to say I stayed OP even when all my friends were indulging; I was prepared (thanks to all of the ideas that I've picked up from my fellow IP'ers) and I didn't stray in the least bit.

I'll be back online this evening but just wanted to say HELLO and wish y'all well. Looking forward to catching up and hearing what's been going on. I'll plan to go back in time a little so that I can be a little more current.

Have a great day! :sklol: :spid: :ghost:
Karen

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 09:22 AM

Good morning everyone!!

Hope everyone has a great day. First day that there has been frost here. Winter is definitely coming, and I don't want it to!

dak1lls 10-29-2013 09:23 AM

Good morning IPeeps! Looks like another cold day in ND. This girl is not a fan of winter!

Lisa, after reading about your chicken soup last week I decided the weather called for me to make mine as well. It was a perfect meal last night and so soothing to my tummy. I have been adding some things back into my diet now that I am on maintenance and my tummy just doesn't quite know how to deal with it. Chicken soup is always the best remedy! I made a big pot, planning to have it 2 nights in a row. DD and DH liked it so much there is hardly any left!

Only 2 more days to deal with the candy hidden in my front clostet for the trick or treaters. Can't wait to get it out of the house, more for DH's sake than mine I think. He loves candy and can't walk by it without sampling. I figured "out of sight, out of mind", so I stuck it up in the coat closet. He mentioned to me the other day that he knows where I hid the candy, as though I was being sneaky. I had to laugh and just told him I thought it was better than having it out in the open as a temptation. We usually buy candy twice....the initial batch intended for trick or treaters, and the second replacment batch, because we ate the first batch! Not this year!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 09:27 AM

Hope this works, this is my start picture, and a picture I took Saturday morning after hitting exactly 50lbs lost (I have been such a scale hopper lately, waiting to hit the 50 lb mark!!)

Usually my husband takes my pictures, but he is away on course, so I had to settle for a selfie in the mirror. :p

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/cust...ic126499_6.gif

sarahBell 10-29-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4872381)
Hope this works, this is my start picture, and a picture I took Saturday morning after hitting exactly 50lbs lost (I have been such a scale hopper lately, waiting to hit the 50 lb mark!!)

Usually my husband takes my pictures, but he is away on course, so I had to settle for a selfie in the mirror. :p

WOW!! You look amazing!!! Keep up the awesome work!!! :carrot:

sarahBell 10-29-2013 09:47 AM

I actually spent money on ME!

Good Morning IPers. First off congrats on the all the NSV and losses and new pics! Lisa WTG on not drinking the hot chocolate!

Ok I am shooting for 100% today, I did pretty dang good yesterday. I really did not have cravings, but I seemed to be starved of stupid things :o

But I did order myself 2 yes 2 new pairs of jeans. Old navy is having a sale online on jeans. I ordered one pair for now and one for later LOL.
I ordered a size 16 Diva Campfire in bootleg and the other pair in a size 14. I spent 44.xx for both if them. I feel guilty spending on myself but I need them, my size 18s don't stay up!!!!

The online 25% savings code is ONTAKE25 (I think I need to look again)

Have a great Tuesday!

65X65 10-29-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4872380)
Good morning IPeeps! Looks like another cold day in ND. This girl is not a fan of winter!

Lisa, after reading about your chicken soup last week I decided the weather called for me to make mine as well. It was a perfect meal last night and so soothing to my tummy. I have been adding some things back into my diet now that I am on maintenance and my tummy just doesn't quite know how to deal with it. Chicken soup is always the best remedy! I made a big pot, planning to have it 2 nights in a row. DD and DH liked it so much there is hardly any left!

Only 2 more days to deal with the candy hidden in my front clostet for the trick or treaters. Can't wait to get it out of the house, more for DH's sake than mine I think. He loves candy and can't walk by it without sampling. I figured "out of sight, out of mind", so I stuck it up in the coat closet. He mentioned to me the other day that he knows where I hid the candy, as though I was being sneaky. I had to laugh and just told him I thought it was better than having it out in the open as a temptation. We usually buy candy twice....the initial batch intended for trick or treaters, and the second replacment batch, because we ate the first batch! Not this year!

Hi daks...Hope your tummy stats to feel better...soon! We had homemade chx soup last night too...it's been cold and dampish here as well, although after some rain we are expected to get a warm busrt by week's end. We'll see...

Your hiding the candy this week reminded me of years ago when I'd have a really hard time keeping up with work and trying to bake for the holidays. Since I worked in a medical setting there were times I was working and DH was home with the teens, holidays, weekends......
One time I was exhausted and needed cookies for some school/teacher event on Monday, so after baking them, I stored them in the trunk of the car...and went to work. One of the kids called me and said..."Dad is a maniac searching the house...he smelled oatmeal cookies the other day when he came home and wants to know where you hid the cookies...."

That story gets told over and over!! Even my out-of-area family still laughs and re-tells it....

sarahBell 10-29-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

I am making up goodie bags for the kids on our street who the kds play with, and we are not handing out candy because we will not be home LOL. All the better because chocolate is my weakness!!!

As for the cold I love it! We had flurries this AM but nothing to exciting! You guys will get snow before us :) PLease feel free to share it with me :carrot:

Delgen 10-29-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4872378)
Good morning everyone!!

Hope everyone has a great day. First day that there has been frost here. Winter is definitely coming, and I don't want it to!

Quote:

We had 4 inches of snow yesterday in Billings, and may get more today! Good time to hunker in with a good diet!

Delgen 10-29-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4872381)

Wow, what a huge difference! What an inspiration you are! Congratulations on a huge accomplishment. :D

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4872426)
We had 4 inches of snow yesterday in Billings, and may get more today! Good time to hunker in with a good diet!

Yuck! Snow is in the forecast here for tomorrow.

Delgen 10-29-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4872430)
Yuck! Snow is in the forecast here for tomorrow.

Inevitable I guess. All our beautiful colors are now gone, and all I see is grey and white outside.

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4872434)
Inevitable I guess. All our beautiful colors are now gone, and all I see is grey and white outside.

Surprisingly, my flower garden is more colorful now than it was all summer!! I'm sure that will change soon with the frost. It feels like I just put my flip flops away, and now I need to break out my boots!

Beautsmc 10-29-2013 10:35 AM

SUSIE.....HUGE inspiration you are!! Way to go!! I can't wait to hit the 50 pound mark!! Way to go!!

At my weigh in last week, I asked my coach what SHE thought a good goal weight was for me. Of course, she said it was hard to guess, however, she looked at my lean mass and my current fat percentage and said for me to have a normal range fat percentage, it would likely take about another 50 pounds. How can a 5"4 woman weigh 190 pounds and be "normal" in terms of fat percentage? Wouldn't that mean my goal weight would make me almost a below average fat percentage?? And my goal weigh isn't low by any means....I am so confused. I realize I shouldn't focus on a number, but for me it makes the program easier when I have an end goal in site. ...there is a big difference between the goal she gave me and the one I set for myself...!!