3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/29/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289181-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-10-29-2013-a.html)

IdealProteinNewbie 10-29-2013 10:41 AM

Susie: You look great, keep it up!!!

tawanda 10-29-2013 10:42 AM

Shrinkingsusie you look awesome! I am so proud of you. You look amazing!

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautsmc (Post 4872451)
SUSIE.....HUGE inspiration you are!! Way to go!! I can't wait to hit the 50 pound mark!! Way to go!!

At my weigh in last week, I asked my coach what SHE thought a good goal weight was for me. Of course, she said it was hard to guess, however, she looked at my lean mass and my current fat percentage and said for me to have a normal range fat percentage, it would likely take about another 50 pounds. How can a 5"4 woman weigh 190 pounds and be "normal" in terms of fat percentage? Wouldn't that mean my goal weight would make me almost a below average fat percentage?? And my goal weigh isn't low by any means....I am so confused. I realize I shouldn't focus on a number, but for me it makes the program easier when I have an end goal in site. ...there is a big difference between the goal she gave me and the one I set for myself...!!

Thanks!! :) You are well on your way to the 50 lb mark!!

As for goal weight, the lowest I ever remember weighing (in high school) was 160 lbs, and I remember then that I had a gut and thighs that were bigger than I liked, so I figured I would set my goal weight 10 lbs under that, and then re-evaluate when I get there. It makes it easier to have a goal so you know what you are working towards. I also checked the "ideal weight" for my height, which was a range of 118-155 lbs, so I kind of factored that in as well.

I would just keep working towards your original goal of 155. If you get to 190 and feel great and happy with that, then that's great, and if you get to 155 and feel like you want to go a little further, that is great, too! :)

emsmom97 10-29-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4872381)
Hope this works, this is my start picture, and a picture I took Saturday morning after hitting exactly 50lbs lost (I have been such a scale hopper lately, waiting to hit the 50 lb mark!!)

Usually my husband takes my pictures, but he is away on course, so I had to settle for a selfie in the mirror. :p

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/cust...ic126499_6.gif

Congrats! You look amazing. What a difference 50 pounds makes. Keep up the great work.:dance:

shrinkingsusie 10-29-2013 10:45 AM

Thanks everyone! :)

GettinHealthyNow 10-29-2013 11:24 AM

You look great, shrinkingsusie! Congratulations on fifty - that's an amazing accomplishment, keep it up!

Had my WI yesterday, a good week as I expected, down 3.6#. Funny how you just know...well...ok I knew because I hop on my bathroom scale 3x a day...but still, I felt it was going to be a good week :)

The one thing that was a bit off-putting was that my coach uses one of those body composition thingies. Hers said over half my weight loss this week was lean mass loss, so she suggested I should be eating a fourth protein package a day. Really??? I don't want to start that and have it eating into my overall loss...how reliable are those things? Should I continue as I am (strict 100% OP) or try the fourth packet? I am not exercising beyond walking the dog for 20-30 minutes a few times a week. What do you all think?

Kathy

Clarington45 10-29-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Hope this works, this is my start picture, and a picture I took Saturday morning after hitting exactly 50lbs lost (I have been such a scale hopper lately, waiting to hit the 50 lb mark!!)

Usually my husband takes my pictures, but he is away on course, so I had to settle for a selfie in the mirror. :p

Looking fabulous!!

65X65 10-29-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Susie...you look AMAZING!! Congrats!!! Keep up the good work...Victory is YOURS!

vachinyc 10-29-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Congrats!!!! That is amazing!:carrot:

PurpleMomster 10-29-2013 12:10 PM

Susie - you look fabulous! Definitely an inspiration :)

Lisa - I haven't had a chance to respond since the weekend but thank you for the advice on the thyroid medication. I started it on Sunday and go back in 4 weeks to have my levels checked so hopefully we can get it straighted out.

Yay for all the other NSV's and staying OP's!

Yikes on the talk of snow <brrrr>! We haven't had any yet - some flurries and it was really chilly this morning too. Definitely not looking forward to it either.

Today is WI day, marching my way towards 50lbs. I am apparently in the lead in my work's Biggest Loser challenge too - yay :carrot:

I roasted a chicken in the crock pot on Sunday so boiled the bones and now have a yummy broth just waiting to be made into soup, going to do that tonight. Looking forward to it now the temps are definitely getting cooler.

We're going a breast cancer fundraiser tomorrow - wear pink day - with cupcakes and pizza. I'm making the cupcakes. Which is fine since the other organizer said she'd bring in a veggie tray for those of us dieting who can't have pizza.

Have a great day everyone!

Jo

claustin 10-29-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Oh WOW!! Congratulations!!! You must be (and should be) so proud of yourself!!! You look amazing! :congrat:

nolasmurf 10-29-2013 12:37 PM

Susie-looking great! Congrats on 50!
Ran out of the house this am without my smoothie, thankfully I had a banana pudding floating around in my desk! LOL My new director was walking around going why do I smell laffy taffy.... I just told him it was breakfast. He had to come investigate tho. That was a 25 min convo about IP. :D

For lunch I sautéed some frozen shrimp and have a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers to eat it with. A little WF Asian style dressing. YUM-O.

Hope everyone has a great day!

claustin 10-29-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow (Post 4872489)
You look great, shrinkingsusie! Congratulations on fifty - that's an amazing accomplishment, keep it up!

Had my WI yesterday, a good week as I expected, down 3.6#. Funny how you just know...well...ok I knew because I hop on my bathroom scale 3x a day...but still, I felt it was going to be a good week :)

The one thing that was a bit off-putting was that my coach uses one of those body composition thingies. Hers said over half my weight loss this week was lean mass loss, so she suggested I should be eating a fourth protein package a day. Really??? I don't want to start that and have it eating into my overall loss...how reliable are those things? Should I continue as I am (strict 100% OP) or try the fourth packet? I am not exercising beyond walking the dog for 20-30 minutes a few times a week. What do you all think?

Kathy

I was told anytime you are doing any exercise you should have a 4th packet. So maybe just the days you walk your dog you could do an extra one? try it for a week and see how it works for you?? I know I use to jog 5km 3 times a week the first time I did IP and they told me if I wanted to do that I had to eat a forth packet. Well, I don't know if it was the extra packet or the jogging but my weight loss stopped! So I quit doing both and made it to goal. But everyone is different. I suggest trying it. You wont know until you do. And you really don't want to lose any of your lean muscle mass!

lisa32989 10-29-2013 12:42 PM

Susie: Thanks for sharing your progress pics. The change is amazing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautsmc (Post 4872451)
At my weigh in last week, I asked my coach what SHE thought a good goal weight was for me. Of course, she said it was hard to guess, however, she looked at my lean mass and my current fat percentage and said for me to have a normal range fat percentage, it would likely take about another 50 pounds. How can a 5"4 woman weigh 190 pounds and be "normal" in terms of fat percentage? Wouldn't that mean my goal weight would make me almost a below average fat percentage?? And my goal weigh isn't low by any means....I am so confused. I realize I shouldn't focus on a number, but for me it makes the program easier when I have an end goal in site. ...there is a big difference between the goal she gave me and the one I set for myself...!!

Nothing wrong with re-evaluting when you get there. Shoot for the mini-goal & if you think you need to lose more then you can make that decision then. If you don't view IP as a "start" and an "end" but rather a continuum, you'll be fine with sticking to P1 and moving to the other phases when you feel like you have reached the goal you want to reach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow (Post 4872489)

Congrats on the good WI!
The biometric scales are notoriously inaccurate. If you stood on it 3 times, it could give you 3 different readings. Take it with a grain of salt. I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

GettinHealthyNow 10-29-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4872547)
The biometric scales are notoriously inaccurate. If you stood on it 3 times, it could give you 3 different readings. Take it with a grain of salt. I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I'm not sure if it is a biometric scale per se....I wish I knew what it was called. It's a black machine with metal strips on the edges that you hold in both hands (with thumbs on the metal strips), with arms outstretched, for about 30 seconds and that somehow measures lean vs fat mass. Call me a luddite but it seems a bit...um...mumbojumbo to me?