Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #61  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello everyone

I'm reading that a lot of you are using pumpkin pie spices, while I love this, I am wondering if it is ok to use it, it does contain sugar. So is it ok to still use it since it is a very small amount of sugar or the pumpkin pie spices you have don't contain sugar? And if so, can you please tell me the brand name and where do you usually find it.

Please let me know.

Thanks everyone.
I'm using the Epicure pumpkin pie spices and there's no sugar in it just "spices".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
DH notices that I am "shrinking"
I am losing Inches and this just floors me! I lost 3" in my waist, 2" on my thighs, 1" on my hips, 1" on my chest and even an 1" on the old bat wings on the arms!!!

This is so COOL!!! I HAVE A WAIST AND GETTING CURVES!
Woohoo, WTG! I noticed yesterday morning that I can almost start to feel/see my hip bones - they've been missing for a long, long time

Jo
Old 09-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
SarahBell - I am in the same place - I rediscovered my waist! It has always been my best feature so I am excited to see it again. Time to dig out my gorgeous collection of belts so that I can enjoy it.
I love this. I love my curves, I would not have it any other way. I want some nice coke bottle curves (tall order but a girl can hope cant she) . And today I am OP no cheating **FIST PUMP** and this is the first time too!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I'm using the Epicure pumpkin pie spices and there's no sugar in it just "spices".

Woohoo, WTG! I noticed yesterday morning that I can almost start to feel/see my hip bones - they've been missing for a long, long time

Jo
I have to much squish for hip bones Yet, they will re-appear sometime soon. LOL
Old 09-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #64  
sugar is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
I'm reading that a lot of you are using pumpkin pie spices, while I love this, I am wondering if it is ok to use it, it does contain sugar. So is it ok to still use it since it is a very small amount of sugar or the pumpkin pie spices you have don't contain sugar? And if so, can you please tell me the brand name and where do you usually find it.
I use the brand Club House (comes in a tin). No sugar listed in the ingredients (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, sulphites)
Old 09-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
DH notices that I am "shrinking"
I am losing Inches and this just floors me! I lost 3" in my waist, 2" on my thighs, 1" on my hips, 1" on my chest and even an 1" on the old bat wings on the arms!!!

This is so COOL!!! I HAVE A WAIST AND GETTING CURVES!
Girl: Wait unitl you've lost 12 INCHES off your waist. You KNOW you will! A whole foot! (and more off my hips).

A very close friend of mine who is male visited us this weekend. He has no filter but luckily in a good way. When I got dressed to go out yesterday he said, "Whoa...you have a SHAPE again! And its not round!"
He went on to ask my DH how much he was enjoying the new view

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Just a quick question: Have any of you found that you feel chunkier as you reach your goal than you did when you were mid-way or other parts in your diet? Perhaps it is my TOM or the big C but man, I feel "fuller" the last few days than I have felt in a long while.
I was too. I was PMSing for a while (I'm 50 and no TOM since July 11 til this am). Last nite I was REALLY feeling frumpy, dumpy. Better today.

On a similar note: I'm so glad I took before pics. Literally, all I can see are the rolls that remain where I don't want them - if I didn't have comparison pics, I'd have NO CLUE I looked different. I'm guessing 150 is only my first goal. It'll get me out of overweight BMI but probably not where I want. But more strenuous workouts may help with firming up what the diet hasn't touched yet.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyle View Post
1littlestar, I love your recipe ideas! I was starting to get into a rut, but you've given me a charge! Thanks. I'm new to posting, hope I did it right ��.
Thanks Coreyle, I'm glad that you are enjoying. I found making the recipes got me out of a rut too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I was going to bump the cauliflower pancake thread but just decided to link it here (too many "bumps" with no new info in a thread bugs me for some reason - in the same way duplicate threads bug me ).
Thanks for the link Lisa. I am trying this out as soon as I get some cauliflower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
I just wanted to ask my question again to see if anyone had experience working with the noodles.

Thanks in advance!
I have frozen the IP noodles with veggie sauce already on them. It tasted fine when I microwaved to rehear.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #67  

I did not record my measurements the day I started (big whoops) so I recorded them at my first weigh in and then again this weekend for WI 2 so I am happy that 3" of fluff is gone from my waist hehehehe.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Thanks everyone for the suggestions for my next recipe review. I am not a big fan of pumpkin pie, but thought I would try one of the pumpkin spice recipes. I didn't have the right ingredients for most of them, but found one that sounded interesting: Exploding Spiced Orange Mug Cake.

Check out my review on my blog listed at the bottom of my signature.

I will get the right ingredients soon to try some of the other recipes using pumpkin spice.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #69  

I love apple pie spice and make up my own to avoid sugar. I am making the zucchini muffins some chocolate and some apple pie LOL
Old 09-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Girl: Wait unitl you've lost 12 INCHES off your waist. You KNOW you will! A whole foot! (and more off my hips).

A very close friend of mine who is male visited us this weekend. He has no filter but luckily in a good way. When I got dressed to go out yesterday he said, "Whoa...you have a SHAPE again! And its not round!"
He went on to ask my DH how much he was enjoying the new view

I was too. I was PMSing for a while (I'm 50 and no TOM since July 11 til this am). Last nite I was REALLY feeling frumpy, dumpy. Better today.

On a similar note: I'm so glad I took before pics. Literally, all I can see are the rolls that remain where I don't want them - if I didn't have comparison pics, I'd have NO CLUE I looked different. I'm guessing 150 is only my first goal. It'll get me out of overweight BMI but probably not where I want. But more strenuous workouts may help with firming up what the diet hasn't touched yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Just a quick question: Have any of you found that you feel chunkier as you reach your goal than you did when you were mid-way or other parts in your diet? Perhaps it is my TOM or the big C but man, I feel "fuller" the last few days than I have felt in a long while.
I think we will all suffer body dysmorphia for a while ...and maybe will forever...to a certain degree.

Recently because of the medical tests I've been undergoing, I have felt bloated and uncomfortable most days for the last 5 weeks. I know the scale is like a wild storm, the numbers raging all over the place...and my head is sure when I look down I am seeing fat again.
Then I look in the mirror...and my outfit still fits.
It doesn't look tight....at all.
I hear a medical professional refer to me as a teeny tiny person...
Someone in a store says she's not sure they have a small enough size in stock.
Or someone at the gym tells me I've lost more weight since they last saw me.
......and I realize my self perception is "off".

Last edited by 65X65; 09-29-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #71  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I think we will all suffer body dysmorphia for a while ...and maybe will forever...to a certain degree.

Recently because of the medical tests I've been undergoing, I have felt bloated and uncomfortable most days for the last 5 weeks. I know the scale is like a wild storm, the numbers raging all over the place...and my head is sure when I look down I am seeing fat again.
Then I look in the mirror...and my outfit still fits.
It doesn't look tight....at all.
I hear a medical professional refer to me as a teeny tiny person...
Someone in a store says she's not sure they have a small enough size in stock.
Or someone at the gym tells me I've lost more weight since they last saw me.
......and I realize my self perception is "off".

Thank you both. I do believe that it is a mix of bloating and body dysmorphia. I need to figure out a way around this. I am experiencing a major Big C and the TOM and all that stuff I think I just making me feel "eh." I am going to put on some smaller clothes after my shower so that I feel a little less "baggy" and tomorrow will take some more photos. In the meantime, I will change my profile photo to one taken yesterday that makes me feel better about myself.

PS: the baby is not mine.

Last edited by sarita75; 09-29-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #72  

Height: 5'7"

Hi there. I'm on week 4 and had my first slip yesterday. I went to an Oktobefest (a friend had bought me a tix a couple months ago). I brought with me, a restricted snack, two dill pickle slices and two bottles of water. I was with some friends who were very much enjoying the fest part of Oktoberfest and I did end up having a glass of wine. I drank the first glass so slowly that I dumped half of it and got another, which I also didn't finish. I really wanted the chocolate dipped frozen cheesecake, but never had any of the evil food - potato pancakes, funnel cakes, or that cheesecake. I had a good time and found that I could control myself in this type of surrounding. I'm also kind of glad I had that glass of wine, just to prove that I could only have the one glass. So, I guess all in all, a good day for me. Today? Back on track, had my IP cereal with a little cinnamon for breakfast.

So glad to have these forums to know that I'm not alone and together we can do this. We will stumble, but know that the ultimate goal IS attainable.

Thanks !!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #73  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Smile

SLOWNSTEADY - I just tried your recipe for the potato puree tortillas and they were amazing!!!

I filled them with leftover steamed cabbage and brussel sprouts since those veggies are always a good pairing with potatoes.

Apparently I was right because these were so delicious. They were flexible and sturdy enough to hold the veggies and are going to be one of my favorite recipes. Thank you!!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #74  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

NSV last night: took the kids to the county fair and I ate nothing! I ate a subway chicken chopped salad as my dinner before we left and while at the fair I ate nothing while my family enjoyed their goodies. My hubby does not drink so there was no temptation to go to the beer tent.

This morning I drank my Premier Protein shake blended with ice and 2 cups spinich. Added WF caramel sauce plus pumpkin pie spices, tasted really good. We are leaving for a pumpkin festival here pretty quick and I've already eaten my lunch of 1 egg and egg whites scrambled with bell pepper, onion (softened not caramelized) and one more cup of spinich, so I am ready to resist all the goodies that will be there too. I have 30g of soy nuts in my purse for a snack if I need it.

This plan is doable!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 157/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Day 3

I'm excited to be on IP diet and will weigh in next Fri. So glad to have found a support group. Rained all morning, but the sun is shining now...it's a great day. Hope I. Have done this correctly, never been on a site like this.
Closed Thread