Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

enjoyed too many treats yet again today, seriously need to get back on track - I have screwed up royally

rethinking my decision to count pts now - maybe I should just stick IP through into the xmas break or atleast for the next 3 weeks

will decide on Friday when I see the damages

Last edited by Sunflower40; 11-25-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #467  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Sunflower, I didn't know you were in Alberta, somehow I thought you were in Ontario. You sure move from one temp extreme to the other!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #468  

I know Patns. It's suppose to be plus 1 today, it was -30 last week lol.
I'm from Edmonton also btw.
How are you doing with your way of life eating? were you able to get back to goal?

Morning everyone.
Hopefully gettting back on track today - not going to let my weight control me. I'm in control of MY weight. That's my motto for today lol

Last edited by Sunflower40; 11-26-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #469  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Morning! The weekend wasn't perfect, that's for sure, but I resisted lots that I normally would have devoured. Still haven't weighed, but I'm okay with that. I'm back on today and feeling pretty decent so far. Have a busy evening so no time to sit around and cheat tonight.

Sunflower - let us know what you decide - whether you go back to IP or stick with WW. Every diet is different and they all work for certain people. I'm the type of person that has no moderation, so I need to be on IP. I need to know that even having one handful of candy is a cheat. I know for a fact WW wouldn't work for me personally, but obviously it works for some or it wouldn't still be around. Maybe once I hit maintenance I can follow a similar diet to WW or Herbal Magic, but until then, it's IP for me!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #470  

Hi knm
I guess I panicked for nothing because the scale is saying I'm only up 1 lb and it's not my official WI, not til Friday anyhow. I'm happy with that.
I did overdo it on the weekend and Monday, but got back on track yesterday. If I can maintain 140 until the new year I would be so happy.

Come January I am going HARD on IP until my first dress fitting.
I went and saw my coach yesterday (she never even called me) to purchase some chocolate powder shakes because I still enjoy those for breakfast. She was very understanding and said she will not chastise me for wanting a break from IP but to make sure and return in Jan.

I really need to start working out more though. My arms are so flabby. I have decided to buy another dress for my wedding btw. I did not like the bling, the more I saw it. So I went in yesterday and tried on a few more and found a couple I absolutely love more than the Landyn. I especially like the Divina by Maggie and Allure 8966 (I am going to get sleeves put on them). Check them out and let me know what you think. I know alot are wearing those types of dresses but I'm OK with that because it looks really good on me, that's all that matters.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #471  
knm

My friend purchased the Allure 8966 for her wedding in the Dominican. Honestly, all of the dresses you've showed are beautiful. Everyone's body looks different in different dresses, I'm sure you'll look gorgeous is whichever you choose!

Glad to hear your coach was so understanding. My coach is the same, and I swear if I didn't have a supportive coach like that I would have quit IP a long time ago.

I also feel like I need to work out more. I'm still doing pilates 4-5 times a week, but I think I need to increase the tension or do a bit more on my own at home. I also wanted to start doing more cardio, but it's freezing out these days and I don't have a treadmill, so I'm sort of limited.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #472  

I have an elliptical so have no excuses really, plus a gym membership lol.

Today was pretty good, but had a few extra pts again. Need to keep my calories around 1200 to not gain, but TOM is upon me so I'm especially hungry and craving.

More cardio on IP makes me weak and woobly. What are you doing for TG?
Old 11-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #473  
knm

eandc you still with us?

I'm back on track, yet again. I have to go out of town for work tomorrow. Have a lunch and dinner meeting, so hoping the restaurants we go to can cater to my needs. Saturday is a girls night and then I have another wedding shower on Sunday. Gonna have tons of temptations the next few days. I might weigh tomorrow morning and hopefully if I see a good number and it'll keep me motivated!
Old 11-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #474  

Sunflower, interesting we are both in Edmonton. If you can keep steady to your plan until January it is a good one. That way you won't have a huge mental and physical shock when you are at a weight you want to maintain.

I am doing OK with my plan. Not saying much here as it is not IP. I have reset my goal to 135 instead of 130. I had been down to 130 at the end of IP but now realize it was too low for me even though I am very short. I am in my mid 60s so it was coming off in the wrong places and not budging from belly area.

I just realized I have maintained at 145 since last Christmas so the rapid regain after phasing off did come to a halt.

I am doing intermitant fasting which just means I only eat for a certain time in the day, in my case it is between noon and 8 pm. This is my natural way of eating anyway as I have always had to force myself to eat breakfast.

Anyway, shouldn't take over this thread as it is off topic. But I am losing about a half a pound a week which should get me to my new goal of 135 by the time we emerge from our 100 layers of clothing. Which will probably be July.
I am short but not small framed. I am also curvy when at a proper weight. Being from Trinidad I think you may be the same.

Are you getting married here or back home?

Pat
Old 11-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #475  
knm

Hi Pat,
Even though you're not following IP, we'd still love to hear from you regularly. Right now we all seem to be in the same boat about wanting to lose those pesky pounds we regained, so whether you're on IP or WW or even following the Cookie or Mac n Cheese diet, we're all here to support each other!
Old 11-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #476  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Sunflower, interesting we are both in Edmonton. If you can keep steady to your plan until January it is a good one. That way you won't have a huge mental and physical shock when you are at a weight you want to maintain.

I am doing OK with my plan. Not saying much here as it is not IP. I have reset my goal to 135 instead of 130. I had been down to 130 at the end of IP but now realize it was too low for me even though I am very short. I am in my mid 60s so it was coming off in the wrong places and not budging from belly area.

I just realized I have maintained at 145 since last Christmas so the rapid regain after phasing off did come to a halt.

I am doing intermitant fasting which just means I only eat for a certain time in the day, in my case it is between noon and 8 pm. This is my natural way of eating anyway as I have always had to force myself to eat breakfast.

Anyway, shouldn't take over this thread as it is off topic. But I am losing about a half a pound a week which should get me to my new goal of 135 by the time we emerge from our 100 layers of clothing. Which will probably be July.
I am short but not small framed. I am also curvy when at a proper weight. Being from Trinidad I think you may be the same.

Are you getting married here or back home?

Pat
I agree with knm, please continue to post. I enjoy hearing from you.
Are you finding that you still limit carbs/fruits?

I'm too short in my opinion, but that can't change. I really hope I can maintain this weight, but with the holidays coming I sense I gain a few (hopefully not more than 3 lbs or so). I'm trying to be really good during the week and on the weekends kind of eat whatever I want but still within my pts. So far the scale is cooperating and I did not phase off the way IP recommends. In fact, I went on a binge for a couple of days right off IP and then started counting pts. After my binge I immediately gained 4 lbs but within a week of counting pts I had lost it. Yesterday when I weighed I was up one. Won't weigh again now til Saturday morning.

I can't say I am not enjoying eating real food again. I am having lots of fruit now, apples, bosch pears, persimmons, grapes & cheese. I really missed my fruit.

I'm getting married right here in Edmonton at a Banquet Hall. Nothing too fancy but nothing too simple either. The ceremony will be held in the gazebo in the backyard of the Hall. I'm not religious. Wedding planning isn't easy but the most difficult I'm finding is buying a dress that I love. I think i I were skinnier I would of felt more confident with dress shopping. That's why come Jan I'm going 100% on full IP to get to my goal weight before my wedding. Even if I get to 130 I would be happy with that. I don't consider myself fat even at 140 so at 130 I will be skinny in my eyes

Last edited by Sunflower40; 11-28-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #477  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
eandc you still with us?

I'm back on track, yet again. I have to go out of town for work tomorrow. Have a lunch and dinner meeting, so hoping the restaurants we go to can cater to my needs. Saturday is a girls night and then I have another wedding shower on Sunday. Gonna have tons of temptations the next few days. I might weigh tomorrow morning and hopefully if I see a good number and it'll keep me motivated!
Happy TG - whatever you do, do in moderation.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #478  
knm

No TG for me, already had it back in October. Thankfully that's one less temptation for me!

It's hard not feeling confident and shopping in general, let alone shopping for probably the most important dress you'll ever wear. Good on you for sticking to WW points and managing to maintain. If I weren't in such a rush to drop this weight I would have phased off for the holidays. Probably for the best that I didn't, cuz I can see me going overboard with all the temptations this time of year.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #479  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
No TG for me, already had it back in October. Thankfully that's one less temptation for me!

It's hard not feeling confident and shopping in general, let alone shopping for probably the most important dress you'll ever wear. Good on you for sticking to WW points and managing to maintain. If I weren't in such a rush to drop this weight I would have phased off for the holidays. Probably for the best that I didn't, cuz I can see me going overboard with all the temptations this time of year.
OMG I'm so sorry, you're Canadian!!, completely forgot

I'm going to try real hard, it won't be easy. But I promised myself last year I'm NOT doing IP around xmas time. But I'm also promising myself to only overindulge when I'm out, like for xmas dinner with my family or xmas party. Otherwise I'm not buying any chocolates/cookies and bringing it home to tempt me. I sent a ziplock bag full of halloween chocolates with my fiance for the office a few days ago

I'm sure the scale will go up a bit, but hopefully not by much.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #480  

Sunflower, I still really have to watch everything I eat very carefully. It takes forever for me to lose a pound but can gain 5 in the blink of an eye. I have to watch carbs but the difference for me in not following IP is that I can have my limited amount of carbs in fruit.

Fun you are getting married in Edmonton, but heavens knows what the weather will be like.

I am from the east coast. My nephew is marrying a girl from Edmonton this summer but they are getting married in Calgary where they both work.
I am really looking forward to it as many family members will be coming out for the wedding. Usually I only see them in the summer when I go back home.

Last edited by patns; 11-28-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Closed Thread