Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #496  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Haha, Sunflower! I'm glad you made a decision! Too late to change it now anyways!

I fell off the wagon again. I've been being good until I get home from work and then just let loose. I weighed and haven't gone up anymore. I'm at 132, so not too far off from where I got to in October, but my weight tends to take a couple days to reflect, so I'm sure any day I'm gonna wake up 5 lbs heavier. It's crazy how your motivation switch just clicks off one day, and you can't get back on track.

Hopefully you guys are having better luck than me!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #497  
knm

And how did the interviews go?
Old 12-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Haha, Sunflower! I'm glad you made a decision! Too late to change it now anyways!

I fell off the wagon again. I've been being good until I get home from work and then just let loose. I weighed and haven't gone up anymore. I'm at 132, so not too far off from where I got to in October, but my weight tends to take a couple days to reflect, so I'm sure any day I'm gonna wake up 5 lbs heavier. It's crazy how your motivation switch just clicks off one day, and you can't get back on track.

Hopefully you guys are having better luck than me!
good for you for stepping on the scale, I haven't stepped on mine for over a week and dread doing it. I might on Friday.
132 isn't bad at all and you have time to take those few off, remember quite a few of them are water weight, just don't go completely off otherwise you will regret it. I'm the same though, my weight takes a few days to catch up, so if I have a couple low calorie days it might even outatleast I hope so.

I went today and tried on my dress again but this time with a silver belt (I ordered it with the silver belt but had only taken pics with the black belt) and I'm 100% sure I made the right decision. I feel awesome in that dress. Just need to add sleeves or illustion neckline to hide some skin and it will look even better. I feel like I'm getting married in that dress. It's a bit over the top but it's my wedding. The bride is suppose to be over the top lol. My sister still doesn't know I changed my mind. I went today and took some chocolates for my consultant because she was soooo nice to me and patient.

The interviews were nerve racking. The one I had yesterday was very hard I found. Plus the manager was staring at me straight on to see my reaction to certain questions. Not sure I want to work for her. I have another one on Monday, hopefully that will be better. Again with the govt, this time making more money than I was making before I left the City (long story on why I left)
Old 12-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #499  
knm

All that matters is that you love the dress and feel like a bride! I'm glad your mind is settled and you can finally take a step back and relax.
Good luck with the interview Monday!
I need to tell myself I've been lucky the pounds haven't packed on yet and I need to take control before it's too late!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #500  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post

I went today and tried on my dress again but this time with a silver belt (I ordered it with the silver belt but had only taken pics with the black belt) and I'm 100% sure I made the right decision. I feel awesome in that dress. Just need to add sleeves or illustion neckline to hide some skin and it will look even better. I feel like I'm getting married in that dress. It's a bit over the top but it's my wedding. The bride is suppose to be over the top lol. My sister still doesn't know I changed my mind. I went today and took some chocolates for my consultant because she was soooo nice to me and patient.

The interviews were nerve racking. The one I had yesterday was very hard I found. Plus the manager was staring at me straight on to see my reaction to certain questions. Not sure I want to work for her. I have another one on Monday, hopefully that will be better. Again with the govt, this time making more money than I was making before I left the City (long story on why I left)
Wow! you are a busy woman! I love watching 'Say yes to the dress' Its so fun watching brides find 'the one'

Interviews are such a pain to prepare for... esp govt.... I had one I spent days preparing for, took a day off of work to attend.... was happy cause I felt that I had nailed the interview only to find out they had a girl who had already been working in the office for a year and they were just going through the motions in order to hire her on as full time... I eventually got a great job though... just a little nerve wracking doing all those interviews.. I hope the one on Monday goes great!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 12-06-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #501  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
All that matters is that you love the dress and feel like a bride! I'm glad your mind is settled and you can finally take a step back and relax.
Good luck with the interview Monday!
I need to tell myself I've been lucky the pounds haven't packed on yet and I need to take control before it's too late!
totally agree
I did not step on the scale, though I had a skinny feeling this morning. My calories were low yesterday but the day before we went out to the Keg and I had stuff that was higher. So for this week I had 3 1100-1200 calorie days and one probably 2000 calorie day, today I'm planning a workout at the gym (I went once this week) and another low cal day, so I'll let you know what the scale says tomorrow. I just hope it's not too high

And yes you're very lucky, you have done really well maintaining your weight. That's half the battle right there. When is the wedding in January? do you have time after xmas to get rid of a few lbs or is the wedding right after xmas?
Old 12-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #502  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Wow! you are a busy woman! I love watching 'Say yes to the dress' Its so fun watching brides find 'the one'

Interviews are such a pain to prepare for... esp govt.... I had one I spent days preparing for, took a day off of work to attend.... was happy cause I felt that I had nailed the interview only to find out they had a girl who had already been working in the office for a year and they were just going through the motions in order to hire her on as full time... I eventually got a great job though... just a little nerve wracking doing all those interviews.. I hope the one on Monday goes great!!
I know, I am hooked on that show now. I'm sure once I'm married I won't be. My fiance is so sick of seeing me watch it that and diners drive-ins and dives

I know what you mean, I think most of these govt jobs they already have someone in mind for the position. I went in that last interview acting like I already had the job (per the advice of patns) and I think I came across as being over confident. Whatever, I don't think I want that job anyhow. You're reading very very long documents and drafting correspondence all day. It sounds repetitive and boring. In fact the hiring Manager in the interview told me it was repetitive.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #503  

So I bit the bullet and stepped on the scale. I'm up to 143, not bad considering I ate some chocolates this week. This is up 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I need to get that down to 140 by next Saturday. Atleast that's the plan.

Hitting West Edmonton Mall today for some xmas shopping. Wish me luck lol
Old 12-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #504  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Ooops . . . This thread has passed the magic limit of 500 posts.

Would some kind soul start the new thread?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #505  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I started a new thread. I don't know if this one will be locked automatically.

Sunflower, with the dress the deciding factor is how you feel when you actually try it on, so you know best about that. Also it will look different with the neckline change and I am really bad at envisioning changes.

I just got an email from my nephew to hold July 12th open for his wedding. He and his fiance work in Calgary. She is from Edmonton but they are getting married near Calgary. So I will be looking for a summer dress but want to get my 10 pound regain off by first.

Oh my WEM!!! Maybe the extreme cold kept the mad hordes down.
Closed Thread