Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #466  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
May I ask what is the fat reduction phase?
Phase 1
Old 05-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #467  

So I bought some rhubarb at the farmers market Saturday.
It's stewing in a pan. I'll be adding some items to taste and some gelatin when it's done cooking (probably some Mio or stevia and plain gelatin)
I've never been a rhubarb fan (even mixed with berries) but after all the love it gets here, I'm giving it another chance. Tastes change so much.
I just wish they sold a sugar free flavored gelatin around here that is aspartame-free. May have to resort to online purchase.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #468  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
It's stewing in a pan. I'll be adding some items to taste and some gelatin when it's done cooking (probably some Mio or stevia and plain gelatin)
I've never been a rhubarb fan (even mixed with berries) but after all the love it gets here, I'm giving it another chance. Tastes change so much.
I just wish they sold a sugar free flavored gelatin around here that is aspartame-free. May have to resort to online purchase.
Hi everyone! Just a quick 'Hello' during a break from work.

Lisa - wondering whether you've tried using a Knox gelatin packet & flavoring it with MIO (can't remember whether you use Mio?). MIO does have a lot of chemical additives, but at least it's aspartame-free.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #469  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Where is everyone? It's been 18 hours since anyone posted. I was afraid my computer was broken.

Cold and rainy. Hasn't even made 60 today. This is insane, but I guess not too unusual for Michigan. We have to make a trip back to Georgia in a few days. We'll stay a couple weeks and come back to Michigan for another couple months.

Maintenance is still going well. Always trying new low carb or low fat recipes, making yogurt and also homemade whole wheat bread. For those working towards goal, it's well worth it. I've found so many new favorites, I never feel deprived.

Time to start dinner prep.

Miss you all. Someone please post!
Molly
Old 05-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #470  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
I've been having Rhubarb at least twice a week now. Reminds me of sour cherry pie.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #471  

I blended mine in the Vitamix & mixed with some gelatin & Mio. Tart & yummy! I REALLY like that I didn't mix it with a packet. Gives me a non-packet snack or a "dessert" after dinner when I've already had all my packets.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-28-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #472  
Started IP 5/18/13

S/C/G: 238/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I blended mine in the Vitamix & mixed with some gelatin & Mio. Tart & yummy! I REALLY like that I didn't mix it with a packet. Gives me a non-packet snack or a "dessert" after dinner when I've already had all my packets.
This sounds very yummy -will have to give it a try. I remember when I was young, we used to pick it out in the garden and then dip it into dry jello and suck on it !! It was great
Old 05-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Hi Molly! Don't be lonely!

How was your weekend? We are having mulch delivered today (supposed to get into the 90's this week...at last we can put the tomato plants in the ground) and all weekend and yesterday a lot of yard work was going on around here...finally we should be able to sit on the deck after such a lot of rainy days and too many cold evenings..

I miss the regular fix from everyone too when other things call the familiar voices (or my own time to read the posts) away!

Seeing my weight coming off in fits and starts more recently and my average 2.8 lbs/week is probably closer to 2 lb/wk now. I'm just a little over 10 lbs away from the top of my NORMAL BMI...and that's my next goal. Been spending time reading and trying to understand what happens on P2 and 3...and trying not to worry about maintenance just yet, but it is scarey. I think I'm going to need you guys for the rest of my life.....
Old 05-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #474  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi All - had a very busy weekend with the garage sale (Sat. went much better than Fri.), then landscaping & gardening, though we still haven't planted the garden. My sister brought me some raspberry plants, so we had to work up a plot for them and get them planted. I dug up the sod in a corner of the yard for a perennial garden, then laid the sod in low areas of the yard. This was very hard work, and found myself getting light-headed at times. Had to take quite a few breaks, and get some extra salt in. Think my sore muscles are beginning to recuperate now, but still very tired.

Found myself snacking on carby foods during this busy time, and even with all the physical labor, I'm up a couple lbs. Need to get back on track, and back to the gym.

Lisa - LOVE your new pic series! Looking very good gf!

Rhubarb - I have it occasionally in my oatmeal for breakfast, with a touch of Truvia & cinnamon.

Lots of good losses lately - wtg everyone! Yesmyqueen - you are back on track!!!! I knew you would do it (HUGS)

Have a great day all!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #475  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hello my friends. Sorry I've not posted in a while, but I have been reading and sending the positive vibes to all of you for continued success, recovery, healing, and the GREAT sales/bargains! I'm enjoying the garden and sales chatter very much. I found some Memorial Day sales and ordered a few things on Monday - one of which is swim wear.
Food choices have been going really well and I've stuck to plan. I wised up to the temptations that pulled me in last week. Odd how I forgot about a prime rule... put it away and/or get it out of site! I found the same items still looking at me (and me looking back) yesterday - and I felt so stupid for not putting the stuff away as soon as it came into the house (I was going to use the food processor with it - and got side tracked). Oh well, sometimes I need a reminder that I'm not super woman who can walk thru the valley of carbs and not be tempted beyond control. Yes- it was all my fault but at least I've learned from it.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #476  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Bump.

Just want to say hi to everyone! All is well with me!

I went to yoga yesterday for the first time in a very long time. I was always pretty flexible, but with 85 pounds gone (40% of me) I was able to do things I never could do. Can't wait to see how I progress in a few weeks when I get back into the swing of it.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #477  

Oh yoga! I've missed it since this arm injury.
I go back to the ortho tomorrow. Hoping to be cleared to "play" again (need some strengthening tho)

The pool is open tho. May stick my tootsies in it tomorrow and test the waters. Plus I need to see if the swimsuit I bought for Feb will still work.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-30-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hi everyone, had wI today and down 1 lb. sounds like everyone is doing well with your gardens. Good luck! Just wanted to pop In and say hello so you know I'm still around and it definately helps me stay OP. thanks all!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #479  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Bump.

Just want to say hi to everyone! All is well with me!

I went to yoga yesterday for the first time in a very long time. I was always pretty flexible, but with 85 pounds gone (40% of me) I was able to do things I never could do. Can't wait to see how I progress in a few weeks when I get back into the swing of it.

Good to hear! I hope yoga is wonderful.
Quote:
Oh yoga! I've missed it since this arm injury.
I go back to the ortho tomorrow. Hoping to be cleared to "play" again (need some strengthening tho)

The pool is open tho. May stick my tootsies in it tomorrow and test the waters. Plus I need to see if the swimsuit I bought for Feb will still work.
I hope you get the all clear, and that the swimsuit will serve. I hope it's warm tomorrow, I can't wait for summer. Wow that's a change, usually I dread the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hi everyone, had wI today and down 1 lb. sounds like everyone is doing well with your gardens. Good luck! Just wanted to pop In and say hello so you know I'm still around and it definitely helps me stay OP. thanks all!
It's always so good to see you Teena. Grats on your loss!

I was so busy on calls today I didn't get much water drank. I've been chugging it tonight and will be up all night because of it. Oh well, get it done and take on drinking it earlier tomorrow. I've got a date with a weed whacker tomorrow, unless we get rained out. Looking like I'll get to blaze a path of herbal destruction if the weather holds. Had the first radish out of the garden today. Mmmmmm it was good. Not much else new here, other than sneaking up on goal. The soonest I can start P2 (just due to schedules and ease of transition) is 6/15, so that date is set. I'm excited! Looking forward to a P3 breakfast for Independence Day.

See you all later!
Barb
Old 06-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #480  

Hi all

If you heard about the multiple tornados in St Louis last night, all is well in my neighborhood. It was a bad storm but we never even lost power at our house.

I just wish it would quit raining for a day or two (looks like Sun,Mon, Tues are dry!). My garden is SO waterlogged! The poor plants must be begging me to turn off the faucet. It was supposed to be 4-5 inches of rain last night and it is still raining this morning. Weird. Last year we were BEGGING for rain. Can't have moderation, can we?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to cycle through phase 2, 3, 4 and back to 1 by July 1.

In April I lost 5 lbs. in May I lost 2.
I've done some reading and it appears that increasing carbs temporarily can re-stimulate the thyroid, which will re-stimulate the metabolism.

I brought it up with my coach on Thurs. She wasn't really on board -blamed meds, injuries, "off-plan" eating (which really equates to alternatives, rather than off-plan). I have blamed some of the same things she blamed. The 2-lb loss in May is what has caused me to start reading. I made it 7 months before the slowdown occurred. From my reading, after 3-6 months on VLC diets, some people can experience adrenal fatigue, which will affect thyroid and slow down losses (the body slows the metabolism)

Interesting. Most MDs don't even acknowledge adrenal fatigue, because there aren't meds to treat it & they know very little about nutrition and lifestyle changes (although many pretend they know). I have started the process of getting an appointment with a functional medicine doctor who treats low thyroid with diet/lifestyle modifications. The paperwork is all complete and will be submitted on Monday.

You all know me well enough that I'm gonna do what I need to do. I just need to set a timeframe for the cycle. I have some planning to do. Plans relieve fears!

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-01-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Closed Thread