Old 06-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #1  

Default Informations for Canadian IPers

To all my dear Canadians friends

I've been looking everywhere to orders some low carbs/zero carbs products on the web, but everywhere the shipping cost are HUGE because it is always from the US!!

So I thought I'd share with you all what I've found :

Low carb, low price, free shipping for Ontario and Quebec.
Walden Farms, Davinci, EAS, PB2...
LowCarbCanada

Shipping 9.99
Lindora, EAS..
International Drugstore

Shipping 25$ for 100$+ for the summer only
Atkins, EAS, Walden Farms..
CarbSmart

and Jordanna added LowCarbGrocery

If you have any informations for the canadian ipers that are different from the U.S. IPers, please share here !
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #2  

The Low Carb Grocery

Shipping rates:

Ontario & Quebec
Free shipping on orders over $100*
$7.99 on orders under $100*
*for orders under 10 KG ($0.75 per kg there after)

Other Provinces
$5.49 shipping on orders over $100 (8 kg*)
$9.99 shipping on orders over $60 (5 kg*)
CP rates for anything below
*$1.05 per each kg there after

Last edited by jordanna; 06-02-2010 at 12:03 PM.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #3  

The Dr. B pre-made protein shakes and protein bars are pretty much exactly the same as the IP ones but alot cheaper, even with the shipping costs included. The delivery service was great too...shipped on the same day and arrived two mornings later. Check out http://store.drbdiet.com/.
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #4  

Great idea Sweet - also if you're lucky enough to live near a clinic you can walk in and buy them right from the front desk to save the money on shipping
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201.5/171.5/140?

Height: 5'8"

Not sure if you guys will still check this thread, but what specific products have you ordered and been happy with from these sites?

Thanks!
Becca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #6  

Default Dr. Bernstein shakes and bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
The Dr. B pre-made protein shakes and protein bars are pretty much exactly the same as the IP ones but alot cheaper, even with the shipping costs included. The delivery service was great too...shipped on the same day and arrived two mornings later. Check out http://store.drbdiet.com/.
I just picked up some product from Dr. B. The shakes are close to the same -- protein/carb/fat grams. The bars are similar at a macronutrient level protein/carb/fat.

The bars I bought are 15/15/4.5 which on the surface looks better than IP, however they do use sugar, invert sugar, fructose and honey. The sugars in the Hazelnut bars are 10 g out of 15, and 1 g sugar alcohol. The IP bars tend to have 7 or fewer g "Sugars" and about 5 g sugar alcohol.

I had one before doing this comparison. I guess I'll have to keep the carbs low the rest of the day and tomorrow, and find a new home for the bars.

I picked up a tomato basil soup that I thought I might use and cook down for a tomato sauce. I'll let you know how that worked.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-26-2010 at 08:15 PM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #7  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
I just picked up some product from Dr. B. The shakes are close to the same -- protein/carb/fat grams. The bars are similar at a macronutrient level protein/carb/fat.

The bars I bought are 15/15/4.5 which on the surface looks better than IP, however they do use sugar, invert sugar, fructose and honey. The sugars in the Hazelnut bars are 10 g out of 15, and 1 g sugar alcohol. The IP bars tend to have 7 or fewer g "Sugars" and about 5 g sugar alcohol.

I had one before doing this comparison. I guess I'll have to keep the carbs low the rest of the day and tomorrow, and find a new home for the bars.

I picked up a tomato basil soup that I thought I might use and cook down for a tomato sauce. I'll let you know how that worked.
I am going to get some soup that sounds good... mix with some ground chicken and miracle noodles, spaghetti ala low carb. I tried my first non ip shake last night, it was not as creammy or as filling and came in a can? Got it from superstore, I think I am gonna swing by Dr B, I think I would like the mocha and strawberry, have you tried those?
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #8  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
I am going to get some soup that sounds good... mix with some ground chicken and miracle noodles, spaghetti ala low carb. I tried my first non ip shake last night, it was not as creammy or as filling and came in a can? Got it from superstore, I think I am gonna swing by Dr B, I think I would like the mocha and strawberry, have you tried those?
Gotcha!
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Just tried the mocha. I found it more sweetened than I'd prefer but I liked it. I'd never been in a DrB clinic. It was a little chaotic with all the assistants greeting people for their weigh-ins. But, the chaos worked to my advantage: I just said that I wanted to buy product and it was easy-peasy. I was in and out in a few minutes.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #10  

Default Dr Bernstein Tomato Soup and Chocolate Pudding

My reviews
Tomato Soup
Pretty good if you have it with your eyes closed. I found the color disconcerting I found out from my coach that we can have tomato paste so my need for this is low. Though it's not bad as a low-cal, lowish-carb, low fat savory snack.
Details:
70 calories; 15 g protein; 4 g carbs (1 g fiber, 2 g sugars); 0.5 g fat
Does contain gluten in the form of "hydrolyzed corn gluten"
Sweetened with sucralose
And, the red dye #40 is the last ingredient but they really should ease up on it

Chocolate Pudding
IP's is much better in taste and texture. I found it not very chocolate-y. This is going to my "emergencies" only stash. Maybe it will taste better if I'm desperate.
Details:
90 calories; 16 g protein; 4 g carbs (0 g fiber, 2 g sugars);1 g fat (0.3 g saturated)
Sweeteners: maltodextrin, and 140g aspartame, another reason to shelve it, IMO
Old 08-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #11  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
bumping for the new Canadian chickies!
Hey I just realised you changed your name..... I did try some of the Dr B bars they were good but I think they have fructose? I am still trying to figure out which of the many names of sugar will affect insulin. I think I will try the chicken noodle soup although I can make my own with miracle noodles, broth and veggies but may serve well in a hurry.
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Steph, this one's for you.

(Svelting, thank you for the bump!)

Last edited by Midlife Meggie; 08-26-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Midlife Meggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Default Getting EAS AdvantEdge

Hi All,

I had a very successful excursion to Low Carb Grocery in Markham, ON today. I checked out the WF PB and Miracle Noodles--see my discussion on the alternative foods thread.

I mentioned to the owner's husband, who was helping me out, about not being able to get EAS AdvantEdge products in Canada. He said they would look into it and see about special ordering it direct from the US. I'll keep you posted when I hear back from them.

Jackie

Edit: EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control RTD shakes are now available at Low Carb Grocery. It's amazing what you can get if you ask!

Last edited by Jacqueline; 10-23-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Jacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #14  

Exclamation Canadian stats on Wildberry Yogurt

Jacqueline -- Thanks for your report on the Low Carb Grocery store in Markham and for talking to them about the EAS AdvantEdge products. Driving to Markham or ordering within Canada is a lot easier than a trip to Lewiston/Buffalo.

Since you're good with road trips north of Toronto, if you're looking for a good consignment store, you may want to check out Curvaceous Consignments on Yonge Street in Thornhill, south of the 407. I did really well there a few weeks ago. The website is curvaceousconsignments-dot-com.

I discovered something looking at some boxes! of product today. The unrestricted Wildberry Yogurt drink is 14 carbs! The nutrition information attached as a PDF to Jordanna's post (linked below) shows it as 5 carbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Here are the IP ingredients and nutritional data for your comparison. Reminder that sometimes the nutritional values might be similar but there may be ingredients in other products that could throw your body out of ketosis.
Maybe they've changed the formulation since that was posted or there are 2 different formulations for Canada & the US.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Svelting,

Thanks for the tip re Curvaceous Consignments. When I'm ready to trade down a few sizes, I'll be sure to go there. It will be good to have a place to offload some of my good clothes as well.

Of course, like many lifetime dieters, I have boxes in storage filled with clothes of all sizes, things I just couldn't bear to part with, some of which I've never worn. I have been admiring Stacey41's avatar photo of a "little black dress". It reminded me that I have one too--a little black dress, I mean. It's black silk, with jet beads on the bodice, size 16. I've never worn it. I found it at a consignment store that is no more when I was at my lowest weight of 240 about 12 years ago. I used to swim and cycle a lot, so I was just able to squeeze in and zip it up then. Every time I see Stacey's avatar I am reminded of this dress as a mini-goal that I hope will occur at about my halfway point.

Jackie
Jacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote