Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #361  

Isn't it great to not have all that excess fat holding us back from doing things we love (or just things that need to be done)?

I'm still recovering from this nasty virus so I spent most of yesterday being lazy. Today is cleaning and making sure all my PT exercises get done.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #362  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
Just checking in. Even though we have the faster internet, we're busy, busy, busy. Just finished a 2 day yard sale. Lots of exercise as we set up by the street, but the house is about 300' from there. All those bathroom trips and DH questions. Didn't sell much though. Need to wait until the Memorial Day weekend when there are lots of sales and lots of people.

Maintenance is going well. Staying in my 2-3 lb range. Haven't had a fun day or meal. Really haven't found anything I want to "splurge" on. I enjoy low carb, low fat eating now.

Another beautiful day, so lots of outside work ahead.

Molly
Old 05-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #363  
IP started 12/28/12

S/C/G: 244.2/196.2/145

Height: 5'5"

I know y'all haven't heard from me in a very long time. I'm still on program and on track. I've made it through 4 trips and a week of jury duty. Jury duty was the hardest.

It will take me a while to scroll and read. Hope all of you are doing well!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #364  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbf View Post
I know y'all haven't heard from me in a very long time. I'm still on program and on track. I've made it through 4 trips and a week of jury duty. Jury duty was the hardest.

It will take me a while to scroll and read. Hope all of you are doing well!
Good to see you Karen! Sounds like you're rocking this program.

Not much new here. I got a nice double house salad removing the non-IP stuff for dinner at Applebees tonight. Had rhubarb with WF raspberry jam for dessert at home. Mmmmmm. Picked up some veggies today. Radishes are up to $1.27 a bunch. My little babies have come up in the garden.... hurry little radishes... grow!

Last edited by Halfagain; 05-08-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #365  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all -
Karenbf - sounds like you're doing pretty good in spite of the traveling & jury duty. WTG!!!

I've been pretty busy lately too, though nothing as exciting as traveling. We put up a little greenhouse last week, so moved all the seedlings off my dining room table finally. Purchased (and placed) a bunch of edging stones to put around another new perennial garden in a hard-to-mow area of the front yard. Last night I transplanted 6 maple trees by myself and carried a buckets of water to them (the lawn mower & little utility trailer are still in winter storage I am soooo sore today. Have also been getting things ready for a yard sale on Memorial weekend, planting hanging baskets, spending time with friends I haven't seen in a while (dinner with Molly tonight!), and need to prep a space for several raspberry plants coming my way this weekend. The house is a mess since the weather got warmer, and will probably stay that way until the in-laws come to visit (what can I say - I'd much rather be outdoors when the weather is nice).

I'm still struggling with my carb addiction. Had WI yesterday...ashamed to say I was UP a half lb, though did lose a half inch. Re-committing again this morning...
Old 05-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #366  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi all,
Just checking in. Even though we have the faster internet, we're busy, busy, busy. Just finished a 2 day yard sale. Lots of exercise as we set up by the street, but the house is about 300' from there. All those bathroom trips and DH questions. Didn't sell much though. Need to wait until the Memorial Day weekend when there are lots of sales and lots of people.

Maintenance is going well. Staying in my 2-3 lb range. Haven't had a fun day or meal. Really haven't found anything I want to "splurge" on. I enjoy low carb, low fat eating now.

Molly
Good for you Molly! That is inspiring how you have stayed within your range without any anxiety. Seems like your key to success is to take the time to make rational decisions about food and really decide what is worth it.

Pat
Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #367  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi all,

Molly
Hi Molly, great to hear maintenance is going well. I'm sure my thinking in P1 about things that I pass by today and how "I'll have that again sometime" sound better right now than actually deciding if it's worth having in maintenance. Won't be long I'll be able to say from experience if my thinking shifts or not. It's not like I l-o-n-g for anything, but there's some things that just sound good - but so far unsure how I'll judge if they are "worth it". I know you will have a lovely evening with Cindy tonight. Can't wait to hear about it :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Hi all -
Karenbf - sounds like you're doing pretty good in spite of the traveling & jury duty. WTG!!!

I've been pretty busy lately too, though nothing as exciting as traveling. We put up a little greenhouse last week, so moved all the seedlings off my dining room table finally. Purchased (and placed) a bunch of edging stones to put around another new perennial garden in a hard-to-mow area of the front yard. Last night I transplanted 6 maple trees by myself and carried a buckets of water to them (the lawn mower & little utility trailer are still in winter storage I am soooo sore today. Have also been getting things ready for a yard sale on Memorial weekend, planting hanging baskets, spending time with friends I haven't seen in a while (dinner with Molly tonight!), and need to prep a space for several raspberry plants coming my way this weekend. The house is a mess since the weather got warmer, and will probably stay that way until the in-laws come to visit (what can I say - I'd much rather be outdoors when the weather is nice).

I'm still struggling with my carb addiction. Had WI yesterday...ashamed to say I was UP a half lb, though did lose a half inch. Re-committing again this morning...
Wow you have been busy! That 1/2 lb is probably from all the physical stuff you've been doing. Had to have been with loosing 1/2 inch. You rock Cindy. I'm with you on being outside doing stuff. I work from home, so on these really nice days, I've been volunteering to walk to get the mail, or take the dog out for a bit, just to get outside for a few minutes.

My brown leather coat buttons! Still a ways from wearing comfortaby yet but it should be fine in another 10 lbs or so. It better be.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #368  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All! Just checking in. I'm in the Black Hole of Final Exams and Final Grades. I think it will be better this semester and I won't have to stay up all night the night before grades are due like I usually do....

Anyway, I saw my coach today. I'm one week into maintenance, after phasing off 2 weeks on P2 and 3 weeks on P3. I'm doing great! I lost 7 pounds under my goal weight because I knew I'd gain 2 pounds as my body adjusts to P4. I'm up 1 and a half pounds, but that's exactly where I'll stay, thank you very much!

I've got 2 friends who are starting IP. One began 6 weeks ago (my DD's MIL) and has already lost 24 pounds! The other friend is beginning tomorrow. They might show up here!

I haven't had time to post much or to respond to everyone's news lately, but I'll be back once the grades are in.

Molly, I haven't had a real "splurge day" either. Clothes that fit are really much better than any food could be!

Cindy, your gardens sound wonderful!

Halfagain, you're looking great!

Rainbow, you're probably over the pond by now! Have fun!

Lisa, hope you're feeling better by now.

And when my grades are in I'll go be with the little twins next week! Hooray!

Warm wishes to you all!

Last edited by joysh; 05-10-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #369  
began IP May 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hi Molly, great to hear maintenance is going well. I'm sure my thinking in P1 about things that I pass by today and how "I'll have that again sometime" sound better right now than actually deciding if it's worth having in maintenance. Won't be long I'll be able to say from experience if my thinking shifts or not. It's not like I l-o-n-g for anything, but there's some things that just sound good - but so far unsure how I'll judge if they are "worth it". I know you will have a lovely evening with Cindy tonight. Can't wait to hear about it :-)

Wow you have been busy! That 1/2 lb is probably from all the physical stuff you've been doing. Had to have been with loosing 1/2 inch. You rock Cindy. I'm with you on being outside doing stuff. I work from home, so on these really nice days, I've been volunteering to walk to get the mail, or take the dog out for a bit, just to get outside for a few minutes.

My brown leather coat buttons! Still a ways from wearing comfortaby yet but it should be fine in another 10 lbs or so. It better be.
I'm fortunate to be able to get out and walk here at work, just about any time I want. And there is a beautiful Memorial Garden outside my office window where things have greened up nicely. Flowers should begin blooming very soon in there! We're supposed to get some rain tonight, so things should begin 'popping' this weekend - including the morel mushrooms
Glad to hear your leather coat is fitting better - I love, love, love my red leather jacket!
Dinner with Molly last night was great! We had a great visit and made tentative plans to meet again soon. The restaurant was very accommodating with my food requests, but there was some kind of sauce on the veggies. My weight was up a bit this morning, so going to chug lots of water today to flush it all through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi All! Just checking in. I'm in the Black Hole of Final Exams and Final Grades. I think it will be better this semester and I won't have to stay up all night the night before grades are due like I usually do....

Anyway, I saw my coach today. I'm one week into maintenance, after phasing off 2 weeks on P2 and 3 weeks on P3. I'm doing great! I lost 7 pounds under my goal weight because I knew I'd gain 2 pounds as my body adjusts to P4. I'm up 1 and a half pounds, but that's exactly where I'll stay, thank you very much!

I've got 2 friends who are starting IP. One began 6 weeks ago (my DD's MIL) and has already lost 24 pounds! The other friend is beginning tomorrow. They might show up here!

I haven't had time to post much or to respond to everyone's news lately, but I'll be back once the grades are in.

Molly, I haven't had a real "splurge day" either. Clothes that fit are really much better than any food could be!

Cindy, you're gardens sound wonderful!

Halfagain, you're looking great!

Rainbow, you're probably over the pond by now! Have fun!

And when my grades are in I'll go be with the little twins next week! Hooray!

Warm wishes to you all!
That's great that 2 of your friends are going to be on IP. You will be an awesome mentor to them both, the superstar IPer that you are!
Hang in there thru the end of the school year, the end is in sight. Then another visit with those 2 adorable babies!

Good morning everyone! Our last gorgeous day for a few days, with the rain coming in tonight, then a much cooler weekend. But it is only temporary, and will give me time to (maybe) get some things caught up on in the house. Believe I'm going to see my lovely granddaughters on Sunday (DS and DD-in-law too); excited about that!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #370  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
The cold is finally gone, just in time for me to trip over an uneven sidewalk and hurt myself! Oh my I'm a mess!
I got x-rays yesterday & there is no fracture but something is very wrong with my right elbow.
I told the 100%ers that exercise is DANGEROUS! LOL

Good news: the fall didn't hurt my back so PT must be working and pain diminishes appetite (gotta find those silver linings....)

Have a great day everyone. More rain predicted here. I won't have to water my garden. I planted some green bean seeds so I'm looking for them to pop up sometime soon.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #371  
began IP May 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The cold is finally gone, just in time for me to trip over an uneven sidewalk and hurt myself! Oh my I'm a mess!
I got x-rays yesterday & there is no fracture but something is very wrong with my right elbow.
I told the 100%ers that exercise is DANGEROUS! LOL

Good news: the fall didn't hurt my back so PT must be working and pain diminishes appetite (gotta find those silver linings....)

Have a great day everyone. More rain predicted here. I won't have to water my garden. I planted some green bean seeds so I'm looking for them to pop up sometime soon.
Geez Lisa - so sorry to hear you've gotten hurt! Sounds like something I would do Take care...
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #372  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

Sounds like our little fabulous group is doing pretty well, except Lisa. You sound like clumsy Molly. Hope it gets better fast.

Even though we have faster internet, I've been so busy with stuff here, plus cooking, I don't get on much. I love all the new recipes (lots of new low carb and low fat and some paleo cookbooks) and I'm making my own yogurt and baking my own whole wheat bread.

Like Cindy said, we had a great time at dinner last night. I had a tasty spinach salad with grilled chicken added. It had some feta and some dried cherries (yes, we're near the cherry capital of the world) and balsamic vinegarette. I told DH they have a fabulous menu IF you hadn't just lost 120# and were concerned you'll gain it back.

We've such beautiful weather we're spoiled. The low tonight is 49F and the high tomorrow is 49F! Sunday night will again be below freezing. Hopefully, this will be the last cold snap and veggies can be planted in another week or so (not that my new raised beds are ready yet)

Off for a fruit and homemade yogurt snack.

Molly
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #373  
6/26/12 start 355

Great to hear from you recent posters! Sorry I'm sort of bumping us up off of page 2 here, and just saying howdy. I'm headed to a memorial service tomorrow, and I will get to help my mom with some things as well. It will be good to see everyone, but sad circumstances. Next weekend though we are gathering for a wedding. Anyway lots of family stuff happening. I hit 195 today. I'm so glad I lowered my goal a bit. I am feeling good about 185, which will be here very soon.

Take care all. Lisa, glad you got your arm/elbow re-evaluated.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #374  
IP started 12/28/12

S/C/G: 244.2/196.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Last weekend I started going through my closet. Lots and lots of donations are going in the bags. That means I need to go shopping. I'm not a big shopper. I went to Coldwater Creek and tried on some things. I'm down 3 sizes now from when I started this journey. I didn't see anything I wanted to buy but at least I know what size I am now. I hope y'all have a good weekend. And, to those who are Moms, Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #375  

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbf View Post
Last weekend I started going through my closet. Lots and lots of donations are going in the bags. That means I need to go shopping. I'm not a big shopper. I went to Coldwater Creek and tried on some things. I'm down 3 sizes now from when I started this journey. I didn't see anything I wanted to buy but at least I know what size I am now. I hope y'all have a good weekend. And, to those who are Moms, Happy Mother's Day!
I'm not a shopper either but sometimes necessity wins. I've gone from size 24w to 16 regular.

I saved tops I thought would still work for spring/summer. It's finally warm enough to wear some (really late cool days this year). Anyway, every top I've tried has gone in the donate pile. They're falling off my shoulders! 2x is just too big no matter how I attempt to salvage them.

Thank goodness we have some really nice re-sale shops in town. I've gotten brands like CC, Talbots, Jones New York, etc for pennies on the dollar. A co-worker commented she could never wear used clothing. Aren't they ALL used after they're worn once?
Closed Thread