Old 05-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #1  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Bootcamp

Hi!
Im not sure if there is a thread about this or not, but my coach suggested that I do bootcamp style until my next weigh in (next Mon.) because it's TOM and I am bloated from water retention, I still managed to lose 1 pound but gained 1.5" in my chest & 1.5" in my waist.

Anyway, I wanted to know if there is anything I need to know about bootcamp, or what I should/should not be doing (besides not eating restricteds)
Thanks!
phall8180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

My understanding is bootcamp is no restricteds and no occasional veggies. No cheating. Get all your water and then some. I am thinking about doing a bootcamp after week two or three just to mix things up a little. I have a ton of restricteds right now that I think I'll have one a day until they are close to gone and then do a bootcamp. Hopefully someone else will answer since I'm not sure I'm right on this! You could even do a packet for dinner instead of cooked meat.
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
Hi!
Im not sure if there is a thread about this or not, but my coach suggested that I do bootcamp style until my next weigh in (next Mon.) because it's TOM and I am bloated from water retention, I still managed to lose 1 pound but gained 1.5" in my chest & 1.5" in my waist.

Anyway, I wanted to know if there is anything I need to know about bootcamp, or what I should/should not be doing (besides not eating restricteds)
Thanks!
Last time we did boot camp we listed all of the food that we ate daily. We had a daily log that we all filled in. Do a search of the threads and see if yu can find it. No restricted, no occasioal veggies, 100 oz of water daily. We hold each other accountable. I would be willing to do bootcamp starting after I WI tomorrow if that would help you. The weeks I did bootcamp I had the greatest losses. Just let me know and I'll set up the daily log.
Mary
You can always PM me.
mamarix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #4  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I am also willing to do it with you if you would like. I've had to many restricted lately, plus it's TOM.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #5  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Damn TOM!! Ruins every thing! LOL
mamarix1 - I messaged you back, that would be great!
Just let me know when it's all set. Thank you
phall8180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234

I'm new...kind of stalling in the 3rd week. Is "bootcamp" recommended by IP or is it just an alternative plan?
osuzayq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Boot camp is really hard. You wil be really hungry. I did it for a week and lost 5 lbs. it really tests your strength willpower and nerves. You wil have a really hard time sleeping. You will be up allot at night. I won't ever do it again. That's just me though. It's no restricteds. 5 ip no restricted packets a day along with veggies and salad.
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 234

I'm having a hard time getting all the total proteins down at dinner anyway! Some nights, I just don't want to eat all that meat and by the time I'm done with everything, I'm exhausted! So much chewing! Maybe I'll try splitting it up between lunch and dinner as I've heard of ones doing that.
osuzayq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
Boot camp is really hard. You wil be really hungry. I did it for a week and lost 5 lbs. it really tests your strength willpower and nerves. You wil have a really hard time sleeping. You will be up allot at night. I won't ever do it again. That's just me though. It's no restricteds. 5 ip no restricted packets a day along with veggies and salad.

This is what IP coaches mean by boot camp, one of those packages replaces the dinner animal protein.
They usually don't seem to recommend it unless you have stalled which means no losses for a number of weeks.
There was a boot camp thread but that was actually just a group keeping each other on track when following the regular protocol.

Last edited by patns; 03-05-2013 at 09:31 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks!
*facepalm*

You LOST WEIGHT even though you gained inches - and your coach couldn't figure out that was just water retention that will flush away when TOM is over????

You do NOT NEED IP BOOTCAMP. You need a more informed coach.

IP bootcamp (as someone mentioned) is one method that IP coaches use on people who are STALLED - a true stall in loss is when there is NO CHANGE (or an increase) in weight AND inches over several weeks. Not one week of TOM water bloat.

Don't torture yourself unnecessarily. Keep following Phase 1 protocol as normal. Those inches will disappear after you're clear of TOM.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #11  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks!
I'm in menopause now, but imo it's pretty usual during TOM to retain water and cause some bloating... hence the increase in your measurements. The fact that you lost a lb shows that the diet is working - once you're past TOM that temporary water retention will woosh away.

Bootcamp is supposed to be only used when you've had a REAL stall which lasts for a few weeks.

IMIO your coach is 'out to lunch' with this suggestion. Boot camp is hard, and there's no necessity to subject yourself to it at this time, given the situation you've described.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote