Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #466  

Moncia: Congrats to you!

Joysh: I commented on your Goal thread but YAY YOU!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #467  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
My NSV -- I was at a try scuba diving night. The instructor looked up and down the group, came back to me and said you will fit the small BCD and handed it to me. That is such a cool feeling to not get picked for the extra large!!
Cool!!! How did you like the dive?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

KitKat -

I seem to remember reading some LifeHack article that was talking about the best time to buy stuff and that the best deals on mattresses were in the late spring and early summer. So on the bright side, you'll hopefully get your new mattress on sale!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Just want to share that today I reached my goal!!!!! Yipppeeee!!

79 pounds down and I'm at 123.8. I never, ever thought I'd be in the 120s, but here I am!!! So excited and happy!!! Phase 2, here I come.

100% rocks!!!!! That's the way to do it. I have not cheated once since June 14. Made it through birthdays, Christmas, lots of trips, etc. etc. We can do this!!!

Thanks for support on the journey!! I'm not going anywhere...
: flow2:

Awesome, Monica!!!!!
Congratulations to you!!! that is so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I had a bad night last night. Went to bed at the usual time but lay awake for 2 hours, I was cold. I finally realized it wasn't just the normal me being cold but that my waterbed mattress was exceptionally cold. I finally moved myself to my spare room which is very uncomfortable but was a great adventure for my cats who had to play around me in the new room for a long time before we could all settle. Then just falling asleep and the snow removal crew came and made a ton of noise outside. I am really tired today.

So it appears the heater on the bed has quit on me. This means emptying the bed, buying a new heater and refilling. I have been considering for a while that I should switch to a regular bed. I prefer the waterbed but it is a big transition everytime I travel and some people think a regular bed would be better for my back (although I think the waterbed with heat also helps it). Plus when I need to move it, it is days long of a process to empty, refill and reheat. I have no idea what to shop for in mattresses to go that route. Any recommendations out there?
I know that a few years ago I had to get my parents to switch to a regular bed from a water bed after an accident in which my father got a stable fracture in his spine, it is much better on his back. They kept the frame and just put the new bed in it. I would not recommend that because even with the box spring it made the who bed much more stiff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Speaking of my back...I had a NSV today. I've been going to my chiropractor twice a week since shortly after starting IP (I've been seeing this chiro for over a year). I kept wondering why she hasn't commented on my weight loss as it's so obvious. Finally today she said she's been thinking it for a couple of weeks but didn't want to say anything. She said I look phenomenal. I smiled all the way back to work.
Wow that must have felt great. I love looking as good as I feel for once, and looking at your pictures we can tell you feel awesome!

Quote:

My NSV -- I was at a try scuba diving night. The instructor looked up and down the group, came back to me and said you will fit the small BCD and handed it to me. That is such a cool feeling to not get picked for the extra large!!

Have a great day everyone!
That would have made me lol, to ever be offered something small would just seem crazy so happy for you! way to rock it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all for the congrats. Makes this already great day even better. Now to get ready for my night shift. Have a great night everyone

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 03-19-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #470  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Have a great day everyone!
Great NSV!!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #471  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Bump
Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Cool!!! How did you like the dive?
I had a drill sergeant running my class and it didn't work well for me. He moved us forward too fast. I just needed time to accept breathing underwater before he moved forward with taking away the mask etc. I wished I was in the other group with gentle instructors. My son and husband took the full course and loved it so they wanted me to try it. I think I will snorkel! But I really respect those of you that do scuba dive! What an incredibly different way to train yourself to breath!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Just wanted to share that as of today I have loss 90.3lbs!!!!!!! I never though it was possible!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eco4z98nIQY
Monica - Congrats! You are doing so awesome!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #474  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
I had a drill sergeant running my class and it didn't work well for me. He moved us forward too fast. I just needed time to accept breathing underwater before he moved forward with taking away the mask etc. I wished I was in the other group with gentle instructors. My son and husband took the full course and loved it so they wanted me to try it. I think I will snorkel! But I really respect those of you that do scuba dive! What an incredibly different way to train yourself to breath!
That's too bad you had an instructor like that. We went through almost a whole week of pool sessions before they started doing stuff like that. It takes a bit of time to trust yourself breathing underwater but it's really worth it when you're in about 50' of crystal clear water and look up to see the boat bobbing on the surface while you're surrounded by schools of fish.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #475  
Started IP 7/9/12

Anyone else watch the biggest loser finale the other night? I didnt really care which one of them won it, but I wanted to see how much loose skin the women had. I was amazed that Danni and Lisa didnt seem to have any loose skin. That gives me hope!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Anyone else watch the biggest loser finale the other night? I didnt really care which one of them won it, but I wanted to see how much loose skin the women had. I was amazed that Danni and Lisa didnt seem to have any loose skin. That gives me hope!
I watched it! I was thinking the same thing, I think all of the working out toned them up pretty well. For now I'll have to stick to dry brushing and cocoa butter!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Just wanted to share that as of today I have loss 90.3lbs!!!!!!! I never though it was possible!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eco4z98nIQY
Monica-YAY for you!!! What an incredible accomplishment!! Congratulations!!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #478  

Quote:
I watched it, Ragdoll. They all did very well. I am not sure how much time they have between the end of the ranch and the final weigh-in. Perhaps enough for a tuck?

There was a top finalist years ago (Suzie Preston) who lost 100 pounds and married another contestant on the show. A few years after that final weigh-in where she looked amazing, she had an interview and admitted to getting a tummy tuck before the final show-it was something she ended up regretting as she went on to have 2 children and it was quite painful for her. So, I'm not sure if that many people get away with rapid weight loss and no sagging. Most of them looked pretty toned for losing 100+ pounds
Old 03-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #479  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP View Post
I watched it, Ragdoll. They all did very well. I am not sure how much time they have between the end of the ranch and the final weigh-in. Perhaps enough for a tuck?

There was a top finalist years ago (Suzie Preston) who lost 100 pounds and married another contestant on the show. A few years after that final weigh-in where she looked amazing, she had an interview and admitted to getting a tummy tuck before the final show-it was something she ended up regretting as she went on to have 2 children and it was quite painful for her. So, I'm not sure if that many people get away with rapid weight loss and no sagging. Most of them looked pretty toned for losing 100+ pounds
I think they do the challenge for a total of 6 months, not sure how much is at the ranch and how much at home. I didn't even consider that they might have surgery to remove the excess skin.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #480  

Quote:
I think they do the challenge for a total of 6 months, not sure how much is at the ranch and how much at home. I didn't even consider that they might have surgery to remove the excess skin.
I never thought about that either until I read that interview. However, I think in the older ones (this one was 2005), they had several months between the time they left and the live finale (they filmed the ranch episodes way ahead of time). Who knows with the newer seasons, and if you work out that hard during your rapid weight loss-you may be able to prevent some of that loose skin?

I was lurking on a maintenance site on another forum here and reading about skin removal. One of the women said it was based on age, how rapid the loss was and genetics (elasticity). She didn't think exercise had much to do with it. I definitely will need some "help" after I reach goal.
Closed Thread