Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #421  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Okay, so my plan was to take the dogs for a nice walk today...a short one, cause I've noticed that, for now, I get lightheaded with toooo much activity. Anyways, I look at the weather and it's -30C with the wind!!! Pffff...sorry pups, maybe later! Come on Spring!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #422  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Wow some people really are rude! Not that you need it but use that as even more motivation to succeed! You're doing awesome!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #423  
Reboot Jan 2018

Oh and newday its not THAT cold here but it's still bloody cold! Damn I want spring. My niece is checking on my horses today so I'm sticking close to home where it's warm.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I didn't trust myself to stick to it. I know diets can work if you can stick to them. They don't usually work b/c they're so hard to stick to!

Thanks! I had a 3+ week then a 1.5 week. Super short term, I want to hit 75 off. My next real mini goal is 3/4 of the way to goal =174.

Then 100 off at 160 will have me within 25 of goal. Talk about surreal! I haven't been that small since I was in college!

So, last nite, I was with a group of fellow alumni watching a basketball game. I haven't seen one of the gals since last August. At that time when I said I was on a diet, she practically screamed "ANOTHER DIET????"
Well, last nite when I walked by and said hi, she said hi, looked me up and down and back up again and then looked away. Crickets. Not a peep.

Haters gonna hate and I'm gonna keep on keeping on. People are so interesting!
Yes, very rude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Hello! Where are you in Ontario? I'm in Sudbury!
Northwestern Ontario. Of course, currently on vacation in a much warmer locale.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #425  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Wow some people really are rude! Not that you need it but use that as even more motivation to succeed! You're doing awesome!
You are right, I don't need her negativity to motivate me. I prefer the positive. (Unless you count the scale moving downward!) It was just an observation of human behavior...please may I never act so jealous at I cannot be happy for another, even if they have something I desperately want (and I do...she is always on a diet too...except last nite ). Oh, was that rude?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #426  
Reboot Jan 2018

Lol no that wasn't rude Lisa. It's sad that she can't be happy for you. I've been lucky and haven't encountered any of that behaviour....yet.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Unfortunately I have experienced that kind of behavior as well.

Every single person in my family has complimented me on my weight loss except 1 of my cousins. I saw her for the first time in a few months last night...she looked me up and down and never said a single word.

But, that's ok...I'm not looking for anyone's approval. I'm finally doing this for myself this time
Old 03-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
You are right, I don't need her negativity to motivate me. I prefer the positive. (Unless you count the scale moving downward!) It was just an observation of human behavior...please may I never act so jealous at I cannot be happy for another, even if they have something I desperately want (and I do...she is always on a diet too...except last nite ). Oh, was that rude?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #429  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

I went to the wake of a friend's mother this afternoon. Lunch was served and fortunately I planned ahead as it was all Mexican food (and the heavily fat laden, greasy Mexican food at that). I sat with another friend who was complaining that he needed to lose weight as well while sitting in front of a 2" deep pile of refried beans and rice (the whole plate and that was just his 1st).

Prior to arrival I had a Quest Bar and several bottles of water. He was amazed that I could sit there and watch everyone eat without batting an eye. It just reinforced my knowledge that IP takes much less willpower than any other diet I've ever been on.

I'm at the 40% mark and feeling more and more confident that I'll get to 100% for the 1st time in my life.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #430  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
I went to the wake of a friend's mother this afternoon. Lunch was served and fortunately I planned ahead as it was all Mexican food (and the heavily fat laden, greasy Mexican food at that). I sat with another friend who was complaining that he needed to lose weight as well while sitting in front of a 2" deep pile of refried beans and rice (the whole plate and that was just his 1st).

Prior to arrival I had a Quest Bar and several bottles of water. He was amazed that I could sit there and watch everyone eat without batting an eye. It just reinforced my knowledge that IP takes much less willpower than any other diet I've ever been on.

I'm at the 40% mark and feeling more and more confident that I'll get to 100% for the 1st time in my life.
So sorry for your loss.

However, way to go! That's how we do it! You will get there this time!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 03-16-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #431  

I wish I took a picture of my veggies tonight!

I used this on a cucumber, added diced red onion, cider vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Sooo fun to twirl my vegetables!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=12949731
Old 03-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #432  

Starshine: I hope your packing is going smoothly!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #433  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone! I haven't posted in a while but I've been trying to keep up with the thread. Love to hear your stories of weight loss wins and dealing with challenging situations. It gives me the little up lift I need to get through my days.

MomPattie, sorry to hear of your situation. It makes my stresses seem so trivial as you struggle between your heart and your head. Hope things come out ok.

I'm on day 2 of Phase 3 and it is going well. I've enjoyed the two favorite breakfasts that I remembered from my temporary phase off in Sept. For tomorrow I've made a Panna Cotta with blueberries and quinoa. I added green food colouring to make it a St. Patrick's day special! Today I did a bunch of clean out and it meant moving boxes of giveaway stuff to my car. I also sent 4 large garbage bags full of over-sized clothes. I think I've finally done my last closet clean out. I'm tired and a bit sore from all the stairs and lifting. Ice on my knee would make it feel better but we are having another cold spell so I don't know if I can handle the idea of ice.

I'm looking forward to visiting an aunt and uncle for dinner tomorrow. My cousins will also be there, it was one of them that introduced me to IP. They haven't seen me in several months so I hope to impress.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #434  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Bubbleblower, I know what you mean. My initial weight loss goal that I set when I joined IP was to lose 60lbs. Never thought it would be possible, but I've lost 55lbs in about 3 months. It's not somewhere I have been in a very long time. Once I get there, I will definitely reset my goal to lose 120lbs, and see what happens after that.

Good for you for adjusting your goal to somewhere you are comfortable, and moving on from there!
Quote:
Bubbleblower
Congrats on goal!!
And now you've added 7 more lbs to subtract!
Who woulda thought we'd have found a diet this easy to STAY ON??
Congrats on goal.
You know we're here for you while you add (subtract) some wiggle room
There is going to be such a great group in the maintainer thread when I get there!
1LittleStar and Lisa, it really is amazing how easy it has been to stick to this diet. So unlike any diet I've been on in years!! I still need to adjust my ticker, but I'm enjoying having it sit at goal a little bit longer. I feel really good about the decision to 'keep on keeping on' for the time being. And it's great to know you'll all be there the rest of the way and into maintenance!!

Quote:
Thanks! I had a 3+ week then a 1.5 week. Super short term, I want to hit 75 off. My next real mini goal is 3/4 of the way to goal =174.

Then 100 off at 160 will have me within 25 of goal. Talk about surreal! I haven't been that small since I was in college!

So, last nite, I was with a group of fellow alumni watching a basketball game. I haven't seen one of the gals since last August. At that time when I said I was on a diet, she practically screamed "ANOTHER DIET????"
Well, last nite when I walked by and said hi, she said hi, looked me up and down and back up again and then looked away. Crickets. Not a peep.

Haters gonna hate and I'm gonna keep on keeping on. People are so interesting!
You're doing amazing, and as others have said, some people are just rude. Just keep up the good work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post

Great job!! (BTW, I've loved the first two Quest bars I've tried, the chocolate brownie and chocolate peanut butter. They're amazing after a short zap in the microwave!!!)
Old 03-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #435  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

PRAYERS TO MOMPATTIE!!

WI at my place is barefoot and the scale is
hooked to computer and checks various things, very interesting.
Usually weigh 1-2lbs less without clothes and in the morning.
I go at night before dinner. try to wear similiar clothes too.

Love the quest bars too!
Closed Thread