Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

I gave in at Christmas and had cookies. It set me back about 2 or 3 weeks, it broke my momentum and it has made it harder since then.

It is SOOOO not worth it. As everyone else said, it better to change habits and if you are craving, find a IP like substitute. I make the IP Tom. Basil Flatbread all the time. Use a little WF tomato sauce and veggie cheese and I think you could perfect a pizza.

I still kick myself for cheating over Christmas. I would be close to being done had I not done that.

Good luck and be so proud of yourself for your extraordinary loss!
wildviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'8

Maybe you could try this recipe from Dana Carpenter: This could be your dinner and a good way to get some veggies in. Be creative with the veggies, I used mushrooms, green onions & spinach. I am not sure if cheese is allowed but I did use a dusting of parm cheese on mine. I think you could use ground chicken or Turkey for the base too if you like. I raise my own beef so I know it is low fat :-)

MEETZA

Ingredients:

About 1-1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons oregano
Sugar free spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce or WF if you can find it
Parmesan & Mozzarella Cheese (Low Fat or omit)
Pizza toppings such as mushrooms, green pepper, onions, etc.
Preparation:

Mix the meat, salt and spices together, and spread the meat out on a baking sheet with sides (such as a jelly roll pan). You want the meat spread thin, but without holes. I make it in a sort of oblong with rounded corners. Bake in a 375° F. oven for about 10 minutes. Pour off the grease. Cover the meat with sugar-free pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce (in most places the spaghetti sauce is much easier to find, and works great). Cover with cheese and your choice of pizza toppings - we like lots of veggies.
KarinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinF View Post
Maybe you could try this recipe from Dana Carpenter: This could be your dinner and a good way to get some veggies in. Be creative with the veggies, I used mushrooms, green onions & spinach. I am not sure if cheese is allowed but I did use a dusting of parm cheese on mine. I think you could use ground chicken or Turkey for the base too if you like. I raise my own beef so I know it is low fat :-)

MEETZA

Ingredients:

About 1-1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons oregano
Sugar free spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce or WF if you can find it
Parmesan & Mozzarella Cheese (Low Fat or omit)
Pizza toppings such as mushrooms, green pepper, onions, etc.
Preparation:

Mix the meat, salt and spices together, and spread the meat out on a baking sheet with sides (such as a jelly roll pan). You want the meat spread thin, but without holes. I make it in a sort of oblong with rounded corners. Bake in a 375° F. oven for about 10 minutes. Pour off the grease. Cover the meat with sugar-free pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce (in most places the spaghetti sauce is much easier to find, and works great). Cover with cheese and your choice of pizza toppings - we like lots of veggies.
Cheese isn't allowed on Ideal Protein, but you can use about a Tbsp of Veggie Shreds soy cheese and still be within the 0/0/0 rule. I have used the Veggie Shreds mozzarella to make pizza with the Tomato basil soup flatbreads.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Cheese isn't allowed on Ideal Protein, but you can use about a Tbsp of Veggie Shreds soy cheese and still be within the 0/0/0 rule. I have used the Veggie Shreds mozzarella to make pizza with the Tomato basil soup flatbreads.
ohhh, I never heard of Veggie Shreds?? Sounds great. I will have to look for them. Not sure what the Tomato basil soup flatbread is either. Will have to look that up. I have tried the Protidiet Pizza. It was ok but the Meetza was pretty darn good and all but the cheese apparently, was on the program for dinner.

Thanks for the new tips scorbett

Last edited by KarinF; 02-01-2013 at 08:54 AM.
KarinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #20  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I totally agree with everyone else: Don't do it! Don't cheat!

Please, listen to everyone who is talking out of experience in here and see how one cheat lead them to lost the momentum! It also happened to me when I decided to take a Christmas break thinking that I will get back to it easily, it is so HARD getting back to it once you cheat, believe me, I have been there and I have done that! So please please please don't cheat.

Protidiet has a pizza you can buy Protidiet from Nashua! Or like others suggested, do your own with a crepe or try the Meetza recipe, seems like it is delicious.

Again: please don't give yourself a treat by cheating, cause believe me it would not be a treat! Treat yourself by buying yourself something new, or treating yourself to a massage, manicure, pedicure, etc...
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #21  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinF View Post
ohhh, I never heard of Veggie Shreds?? Sounds great. I will have to look for them. Not sure what the Tomato basil soup flatbread is either. Will have to look that up. I have tried the Protidiet Pizza. It was ok but the Meetza was pretty darn good and all but the cheese apparently, was on the program for dinner.

Thanks for the new tips scorbett
You can make a flatbread out of the Tomato Basil soup packet by adding egg white, baking powder and salt and spreading it on a parchment paper and baking it at 350 for 10 minutes or so.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
NO, No. no! I "treated" myself to a little break in mid- October and here I am, 4 and a half months later trying to regain momentum (and lose the 25 pounds I put on). I was motivated, doing well,and in the zone. One "cheat" is how the "mentality" starts -- and you have to do week one all over again! Not worth it for a piece of pizza

Some people have found low carb pizza kits on line so check the "alternatives" thread if you really need 'za. there has to be a better IP way than Dominoes!

Don't plan to cheat -- plan to succeed! Stick with the "non-food" rewards!
Agree!

I was OP in 2011 for 5 months no cheats, felt like a would take a break (phased off) for the holidays & come back and lose the last 20 lbs. well, that didn't happen and I regained. This really is a No cheat diet, and NEVER< EVER EVER reward with food, that is part of what has gotten Americans overweight. I know my parents grew up during the depression and my dad was 1 of 9 whos parents immigrated from Ireland, they went without food often, as work was hard to find if you were Irish (yes there was prejudice for other minorities) So, growing up "food" & education were the biggest "things" and often a boo boo, a good grade, etc. was rewarded with a wonderful treat.... STAY OP!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #23  

A technique I find useful when having cravings is write a list of things you have to do/like to do (reading, going for a walk, cleaning the house, laundry, etc...) and when you have a craving look at the list, choose something, and cross it off. Not only are you accomplishing things that actually have to get done but you will be focusing on that instead of your craving and before you know it it will be time for an IP Packet!!
xolina13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 284.6/284.6/180.0

Height: 5'7"

Here's the thing. I think most of us, I know I have, used food to address every emotion- "I did a good job, I deserve a treat" "I'm sad (mad, lonely, bored), a treat will make me feel better", etc. etc. etc. And where has that gotten us, overweight and miserable. I really work on remembering that when I am tempted. Food is not, and hasn't been, the solution for me for my emotions and isn't a reward. Like Scorbett said, it is fuel. I've eaten whole pizzas, bags of candy in response to emotions and never felt fulfilled.
learn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #25  

learn2012 Thanks for the reminder that none of us will find our answers at the bottom of a chip bag or in a take out box. Thanks for sharing.
xolina13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #26  
IP Start Date: 28Feb2013

S/C/G: 328.8/207.4/180

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolina13 View Post
A technique I find useful when having cravings is write a list of things you have to do/like to do (reading, going for a walk, cleaning the house, laundry, etc...) and when you have a craving look at the list, choose something, and cross it off. Not only are you accomplishing things that actually have to get done but you will be focusing on that instead of your craving and before you know it it will be time for an IP Packet!!
I really like this idea! I have not started IP yet and I am looking for ways to keep me on plan and stay away from cravings or cheats as far as possible. Because I am in school full time as well as having a full time internship I NEVER have time for pleasure reading or going for a walk, so perhaps I can start rewarding myself with these things or if I am tempted use this strategy as well.
HillaryJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #27  

learn2012 speaks the truth. I think that you will find that the pizza will taste no better than it did last month, and at the cost of your bodys chemistry. Remember- you get more fulfillment calorie-wise from veggies than you do from fats and sugars. Let's hear back from the original poster- what did you do?
markhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #28  

markhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

I agree with everyone, don't treat yourself with food! Reset your thinking to treat yourself with a pedicure, a massage, a new piece of jewelry or clothing! There are so many treats out there that don't involve food. That should be part of all of our lifestyles--treating ourselves, but with things that don't involve eating!
gazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #30  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Don't do it!!!!!
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote