Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

After a bit of a stall over the last 2 weeks, I've finally hit the 50 lb mark! Time to celebrate and get that facial I've been wanting.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #482  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
After a bit of a stall over the last 2 weeks, I've finally hit the 50 lb mark! Time to celebrate and get that facial I've been wanting.
Congrats on 50 lbs. You've done great and deserve that facial. I was just wondering about you earlier. Glad you got past the stall.

Molly
Old 03-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #483  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
Ahh There you are Minch! Grats on 50 lbs! Great job, enjoy your facial!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #484  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Molly - you two have had some problems with the vehicles this winter! Glad you had a backup plan for this trip.

Minch - Hi! You have been missed. Congrats on reaching 50 lbs!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #485  
Started IP 1/16/2012

We made it finally. Got to our room. Really nice. It's an ocean front suite. Has a full kitchen, a stove with an oven not just a cooktop, full sized frig, microwave, toaster, and sink. Balcony looks out over the beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Will post a pic tomrrow.

Ready for bed. Been a very long day.

Molly
Old 03-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #486  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Good morning.

Working on attaching a pic of the ocean.

Have a great day.

Molly

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 03-09-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #487  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Good day everyone. Happy Saturday!

Minch - Congrats on the -50 lbs! Enjoy that facial.

Molly - That's disappointing, that you had problems with the car again... but I love the sound of your room, kitchen facilities, ocean view, etc. Have a great weekend.

GreenIris, & HalfAgain Hi there! ..btw Halfagain, I love the lyrics to the Twisted Sister song 'We're not gonna take it, etc' - really quite appropriate aren't they..... that song is floating around in my head today!

------

My Omron reading today gave me a BMI in the 'Normal' category! Yippee! First time I've been there since... hmmm... probably early 1990s. I'm in the normal range now for my 60+ female age group re everything but body fat %, and even though that's lowered since I started by 14%, it's still a bit too high. I can continue working on that even while in maintenance though, just through being careful with my eating, and working to increase muscle mass through exercising. I'd be more worried about it if my visceral fat % was still reading high, but it's lowered by 5% now and the reading is in the normal range, and my Skeletal Muscle % over the months has gone from 18.9% to 24%+. There's a reading it shows called 'Body Age' which is 'calculated by using your weight, body fat % & skeletal muscle % to produce a guide to whether your body age is above or below the average for your actual age'...when I first started almost a year ago the reading was 74! (I was 61)... today's reading is 55yrs. I know some folks on here don't believe in these types of scales, and I agree that they're probably not 100% accurate... but the readings it shows have provided a definite trend over the past almost 12 months, and seeing all those reading heading to (and finally getting) into the healthy ranges has been motivating for me.

Lots of errands to do today, so I'll get in lots of walking exercise.

Everyone have a great day. Cheers for now.

Oh, btw, I'm liking the Everlast Twister Board thingie I got.... I can definitely feel it in my obliques today, after using it quite a bit yesterday. Simple too - I just stood on the thing and 'twisted' as per directions, while watching TV. It's really easy to get 100reps in, just hopping on and twisting away at various times through the day. Sort of fun too.

Last edited by evepet; 03-09-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #488  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning.

Working on attaching a pic of the ocean.

Have a great day.

Molly
I'm waiting in anticipation. I logged in to see the ocean this morning. I hope you have a terrific day too. Looking forward to your photo.

DH thinks it would be fun (for me) to test out more bread recipes. I guess I'll indulge him and try out the no gluten one with all the eggs in it.

I think I'll donate more clothing today. I realized how large some of my tops are getting. While my sister's gifted clothing to me goes down in pants sizes a couple more levels, the tops stopped with where I am now. She is bustier but shorter than me, so that makes sense. Her tastes run more cool tones with white, blues, and black. I would like to get a few warm colors to wear. Hmm when I think of cloths shopping I was thinking of the plus size shops I go to. I should totally check out old Navy and see if anything fits there.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #489  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Good day everyone. Happy Saturday!

Minch - Congrats on the -50 lbs! Enjoy that facial.

Molly - That's disappointing, that you had problems with the car again... but I love the sound of your room, kitchen facilities, ocean view, etc. Have a great weekend.

GreenIris, & HalfAgain Hi there! ..btw Halfagain, I love the lyrics to the Twisted Sister song 'We're not gonna take it, etc' - really quite appropriate aren't they..... that song is floating around in my head today!

------

My Omron reading today gave me a BMI in the 'Normal' category! Yippee! First time I've been there since... hmmm... probably early 1990s. I'm in the normal range now for my 60+ female age group re everything but body fat %, and even though that's lowered since I started by 14%, it's still a bit too high. I can continue working on that even while in maintenance though, just through being careful with my eating, and working to increase muscle mass through exercising. I'd be more worried about it if my visceral fat % was still reading high, but it's lowered by 5% now and the reading is in the normal range, and my Skeletal Muscle % over the months has gone from 18.9% to 24%+. There's a reading it shows called 'Body Age' which is 'calculated by using your weight, body fat % & skeletal muscle % to produce a guide to whether your body age is above or below the average for your actual age'...when I first started almost a year ago the reading was 74! (I was 61)... today's reading is 55yrs. I know some folks on here don't believe in these types of scales, and I agree that they're probably not 100% accurate... but the readings it shows have provided a definite trend over the past almost 12 months, and seeing all those reading heading to (and finally getting) into the healthy ranges has been motivating for me.

Lots of errands to do today, so I'll get in lots of walking exercise.

Everyone have a great day. Cheers for now.

Oh, btw, I'm liking the Everlast Twister Board thingie I got.... I can definitely feel it in my obliques today, after using it quite a bit yesterday. Simple too - I just stood on the thing and 'twisted' as per directions, while watching TV. It's really easy to get 100reps in, just hopping on and twisting away at various times through the day. Sort of fun too.
Congratulations on hitting the normal range! Wow, that must feel terrific. It's sort of a stretch goal for me to hit that, but for now I'm just going for overweight :-) I am so happy for you.

I have Twisted Sister in my head ever since it popped in there yesterday. I need to put it on my iPod and listen to it about 5 times and it should settle out of there. (now If I had your twister board thing to use with that song - now we're talking!) I should also gather up some of the low carb and/or Paleo pod casts as well while I have Mr. iPod out. I think I'll get my coffee and see what I can find in the pod cast world.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #490  

I'm so happy to have found this thread! Just started the IP program 2 weeks ago. Lost 5 lbs week one; 2.8 week 2. Came home feeling a bit discouraged but as I've read thru some posts, I see that I'm tracking with so many others. That's a relief. I was wondering though, I have been feeling tired lately ( kinda like the first couple days), sleep is erratic and I'm VERY emotional. I know I'm menopausal but my normal symptoms seem to be getting worse. Again, reading thru some threads I saw that this could be related to hormone fluctuations as a result of stored hormones getting released from fat cells burned. Makes sense. Just wondering if there are any acceptable products that I might be able to use that will smooth things out for me; at the very least enable me to have a good nights sleep. I see plenty of things advertised but my fear is that they will be counter productive to my weight loss. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #491  

Look up the Underground wellness podcast. It is one of my favs. I've learned SO MUCH about natural health and wellness. I have gone back and listened to a LOT of the past ones (I have a 45 min commute).

NSVs for me this week: new bras again (for the band size).
Today I'm wearing a pair of L sweats. Not 2x or XL but just L! Hubby said: wow, you're gonna end up a medium.
Medium sounds so normal. I like normal.

I'm on my phone roadtrippin or I'd quote/congratulate. Normal BMI is my goal! Congrats on that!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #492  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGee View Post
I'm so happy to have found this thread! Just started the IP program 2 weeks ago. Lost 5 lbs week one; 2.8 week 2. Came home feeling a bit discouraged but as I've read thru some posts, I see that I'm tracking with so many others. That's a relief. I was wondering though, I have been feeling tired lately ( kinda like the first couple days), sleep is erratic and I'm VERY emotional. I know I'm menopausal but my normal symptoms seem to be getting worse. Again, reading thru some threads I saw that this could be related to hormone fluctuations as a result of stored hormones getting released from fat cells burned. Makes sense. Just wondering if there are any acceptable products that I might be able to use that will smooth things out for me; at the very least enable me to have a good nights sleep. I see plenty of things advertised but my fear is that they will be counter productive to my weight loss. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome! It's totally usual to be feeling more emotional than usual, because of the released estrogen that is coursing around through our bodies while on this diet. I'm 62 and have been without the menopausal symptoms for around 10 years now, but suddenly had a few (thank goodness fairly minor) hot flashes, etc., over the past months. I note that you're having trouble sleeping? I believe it was our poster here called Fishette who suggested to another poster GreenIris that progesterone cream might help with that....I recollect that GreenIris was having sleeping difficulties too, and found it helped quite a bit. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details though - I'm sure either of them wouldn't mind a PM, if you'd like to ask them? Just look for a post they've written in the past (they both hang out in this thread and now in the Maintenance thread) and click on the name.. the link to send a PM is right there. (I see there's a recent post from GreenIris just a few above in this thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Look up the Underground wellness podcast. It is one of my favs. I've learned SO MUCH about natural health and wellness. I have gone back and listened to a LOT of the past ones (I have a 45 min commute).

NSVs for me this week: new bras again (for the band size).
Today I'm wearing a pair of L sweats. Not 2x or XL but just L! Hubby said: wow, you're gonna end up a medium.
Medium sounds so normal. I like normal.

I'm on my phone roadtrippin or I'd quote/congratulate. Normal BMI is my goal! Congrats on that!
For sure you'll end up a medium! At the very least. We're about the same height, and I think we both have been 'apples' insofar as how we put on the majority of our surplus weight? I love normal!!

Last edited by evepet; 03-09-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #493  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

for those of you who are in phase 4 or maintenance or doing your own paleo low carb thing....i wanted to share this recipe!!
i made it today, it was delicious!!

QUICK BREAD in 90 seconds!!!

http://buttoni.wordpress.com/categor...-rolls/page/2/

Here is the link for the home made gluten free baking mix

http://low-carb-news.blogspot.com/20...-splendid.html

i made mine in 3 little ramekins but could probably do 4 as these were as big as a cupcake!!!

you do NOT need to grease or spray your ramekins, they come right out!!!

whole on left, sliced in half in the center, and toasted on the right!

i sliced in half, and toasted like a crumpet...O.M.G.......so good!!! i added some homemade sugar free lemon marmalade!!

tomorrow i am making a sausage and egg "biscuit" with them!!

1/3 of the recipe...1 biscuit or halved to make 2 crumpets equals =
calories: 128
fat: 12 grams
carbs: 8.8
fiber: 6.6 g
NET CARBS: 2.2 grams
protein: 7.2 grams

tastes like bread!!! not "eggy" or rubbery at all!!
FLUFFY, MOIST, SOFT BREAD!!

i topped mine with some homemade lemon marmalade:
this is how i make it
wash 3 lemons...then i use a thin strip zester to remove long strips of lemon peel.
cut in half, and squeeze out juice and as much lemon pulp as you can but no pith! or membranes.
add to a small pot and cover with 1.5 cups of water and boil until lemon peel is soften about 10 mins.
remove from heat and add your sweetener of choice to taste
i used 6 tbsp SWERVE a sugar substitute but you could probably use splenda or stevia or xylitol
stir until well blended and no granules are present
in another tiny bowl, mix 1 packet gelatin with some hot water and dissolve
then add to your lemon mixture and stir well
taste for sweetness...i like mine a little tart....but you can add more if needed....just melt your sweetener in some hot water before you add.
pour into a small glass container and it will thicken as it cools
store in fridge.

This is the thickness of HALF!!! its the size of a regular size crumpet!!

HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 03-09-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #494  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4661304

TIME FOR A NEW THREAD!!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #495  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGee View Post
Evepet is right, MsGee, using an over-the-counter progesterone cream can do wonders. You can rub a quarter size amount of cream on a fatty area of your skin either once or twice a day. If you only want to do once a day, do it at night and it may help with sleep. To get started you might want to do twice a day. It may take a few weeks/months before you feel the full effect. It saved my sanity when going through menopause.
Closed Thread